Texas Hunting Forum

Customer Success with our guns

Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 01:21 PM

This Is why I love this time of year! This week has been a good our staff and our customers.
Chad with a coyote at 311yards with his creedmoor, Jada and her 300 win with a grizzly, and Kristen with a 7 mag at 600 yards on a really nice 6x6. This is the best time of year!

Posted By: Western

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 01:53 PM

Nice!

I have an old 7mm Win model 70 w Boss. Is there anything that can be built out of that? just curious.

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Nice!

I have an old 7mm Win model 70 w Boss. Is there anything that can be built out of that? just curious.

Yeah we can work with that what are you looking for?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 04:16 PM

Nice pics.

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: HorizonFirearms
Nice!

Not sure, pretty good shooting as is, but had a buddy get a similar one done and does darn good out to 7-800. That's a bit far IMO for actual big game hunting and that's what I'd use it for though (ELK). Been using my Sako 300WSM and it has done more than enough for Elk though.

I bought it second hand from a Doctor and it supposedly was bedded, and trigger job? May have to do this through PM as to not stink up your thread.

BTW, it is stainless and composit which I really prefer in the mountains.

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: HorizonFirearms
Nice!

Not sure, pretty good shooting as is, but had a buddy get a similar one done and does darn good out to 7-800. That's a bit far IMO for actual big game hunting and that's what I'd use it for though (ELK). Been using my Sako 300WSM and it has done more than enough for Elk though.

I bought it second hand from a Doctor and it supposedly was bedded, and trigger job? May have to do this through PM as to not stink up your thread.

BTW, it is stainless and composit which I really prefer in the mountains.

Sure shoot me a PM, how well does it currently shoot and what are you looking for, sound like you may have a elk rifle you looking for something different than the 7 or the 300 win. where are some.264 caliber options that could be cool.

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 08:41 PM

Derrick PM inbound.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/12/14 10:33 PM

That is a toad of an Elk and a pretty big Grizzly. up
Posted By: fast88

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/14/14 06:49 PM

I love this time of year as well! Can't wait to send you a picture of the mule deer I get this year with the 300 win you are building!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Customer Success with our guns - 09/14/14 08:12 PM

up ta the shooters. tis sure most have heard of shooting threw the pipe. specialties if ya have bore sighted in a scope. i like ta start at a close range. once hit bullseye. can double distance & fine tune. now days they got high-tech bore lasers. each person has ta know oneselves limitation flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum