Texas Hunting Forum

Bad day

Posted By: Cody Malone

Bad day - 09/05/14 11:32 PM

Was on the way to the new ranch from Emory with my first load if feeders, corn and a new quad after a morning of whacking crappie and bass in the private lake. Had one of my investors with me and was coming to a stop for road construction on 19 and glanced behind me to see a red blur coming, I try to move the opposite way she's heading and Bam next I knew she had hit us from behind and was in front of us hitting us yet again. I instantly asked my investor if he was ok and I try to open the door but it's pinned so I kick it open. I see all out new stuff trashed along with my truck and a ton of corn scattered for as far as the eye can see.

She gets out and says I wasn't on my phone, sure

We check and make sure everyone is ok and I called 911 to inform the law.

Luckily everyone is ok just a lil banged up and will he sore tomorrow but dad gum my truck is prolly totaled and all the new stuff to. My truck is sitting crooked and all the panels are damaged and my engine is nocking. She's lucky to be alive as are we as the trailer really helped soften the impact.

Just finished up calling everyone's insurance and gotta wait till Monday to we what happens
Eps officer confirmed she never hit the brakes and was lucky to be alive

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Bad day - 09/05/14 11:49 PM

Dang! Glad you guys are okay.
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Bad day - 09/05/14 11:55 PM

Man, sorry about your stuff, but glad everyone's ok.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Bad day - 09/05/14 11:56 PM

that sucks! Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Bad day - 09/05/14 11:56 PM

Wow.. very lucky lady. Sorry your day went south so badly. Not sure that's gonna buff out bud.

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 12:09 AM

Oh the pictures don't do my truck damage justice, it's jacked
Posted By: GTS1

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 12:31 AM

So sorry to hear. Remember, any wreck you can walk away from is a good wreck. Seen way to many the people couldn't.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 12:34 AM

DAMN!!!! Glad everyone is OK!

Hope nobody hits a deer there tonight as they feed on that jack pot of corn left behind.
Posted By: wetduck

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 12:39 AM

glad your ok stuff can be replaced tho i know it is a pita

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 12:47 AM

We shoveled most if the corn into my bed
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: JCB
DAMN!!!! Glad everyone is OK!

Hope nobody hits a deer there tonight as they feed on that jack pot of corn left behind.

X2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 02:01 AM

Glad you are ok. It could have been a whole lot worse.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 02:13 AM

Count your blessings.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 02:15 AM

WOW! Glad everyone is ok. Someone was definately looking down that day!!!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 02:28 AM

Glad you're ok. But how the heck did she hit back then front?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 03:02 AM

Did they ever check her phone? Glad everyone was Ok....stuff can be replaced...you can't!
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 03:12 AM

I don't see how she could have not seen you unless she was preoccupied one way or another.

Glad no one was hurt.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 04:48 AM

Thank God everybody was ok!!!
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 05:03 AM

Hope she has good insurance. Glad you are okay, that's whats most important.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 05:11 AM

Glad everyone is okay. Guess you're getting a new truck!
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 01:14 PM

Nah, she wasn't on the phone.....she was probably putting on her make-up or reading the morning paper!
Whatever it was, she sure wasn't payin' attention to where she was going.

Glad you guys are OK.......
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 01:52 PM

Glad you guys are safe, never good
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 03:44 PM

material stuff can be replaced. accidents happen, reason for insurance. hope that every one is doing okay. flag
Posted By: slow944

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 03:51 PM

Glad your OK Cody. Like everyone is saying "stuff can be fixed or replaced, people can't".

Jerry
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 06:07 PM

Bad day alright. But, on the other hand-a pretty good day since no one was hurt. Glad you're OK.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 07:07 PM

Hope your insured cause I bet she ain't and if she is, it just got canceled. Good luck and glad your OK. You need a new truck anyway, right?

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 08:58 PM

She tried swearing last minute and I tried swerving but had a car coming so could only do so much. If she hadent swerved she would have been seriously injured at best. I'm insured as was she, she was shaken up quite a bit but like I told her accidents happen. The look on the lady's face that was holding the stop sign as she was running away not knowing where it was coming or ending was a look of shear terror.

They better total my truck bc it will never drive the same after that kind of impact especially with the lift. Lucklu I have everything lift, tires, acc insured to so they better take care if it it lawyers will be involved

She clipped the rear side of the trailer and spun from her momentum and we hit nearly head on again
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 09:09 PM

Dude, glad your Ok. Thankfully everyone walked away from that one, but it still sucks just the same
Posted By: Shawheel

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 09:34 PM

Sorry about the accident, but I've got to say I laughed at the part when she jumps out of the car and says "I wasn't on my phone." Could you be any more obvious?

As an insurance guy I suggest sending her and her insurance company a letter asking them to preserve her cell phone records. Just in case she disputes it.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 09:41 PM

Hope you remembered to plug your trailer lights in and check them before you hit the road trip.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Bad day - 09/06/14 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Cody Malone

They better total my truck bc it will never drive the same after that kind of impact especially with the lift. Lucklu I have everything lift, tires, acc insured to so they better take care if it it lawyers will be involved

If the impact was as hard as it looks then I would bet there is some frame damage even if its very slight. A lot of insurance companies will total a vehicle when there is frame damage because they don't want the liability of fixing a weakened frame. Its one of the few times they will total a vehicle even if the cost of repairs is far less than the value of the vehicle.

I think Texas is one of only 2 states that have the 100% clause where a insurance company can only total a vehicle if the cost of repairs and salvage value equal 100% or more of the value of the vehicle prior to the accident. One exception to that rule is frame damage which can become a safety hazard. In some states they can total a vehicle at only 50%.
Posted By: bradtown

Re: Bad day - 09/07/14 12:20 AM

Man that's no bueno but w traffic these days it's crazy on our roadways.
Posted By: Adam O

Re: Bad day - 09/07/14 01:31 AM

That stuff can be replaced. Glad y'all are ok.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Bad day - 09/07/14 01:35 AM

Glad you are OK and hope they total it. Mine got wrecked and was $100 from being totaled, it has never been right since.

Re: Bad day - 09/07/14 09:12 PM

Trailer lights where plugged in and in full function
Posted By: janie

Re: Bad day - 09/07/14 09:16 PM

Dadgum. Glad everybody's okay. Vehicle parts are so expensive. I'd be surprised if it isn't totaled.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Bad day - 09/07/14 09:49 PM

Glad everyone's OK.

If the cops didn't, get your trailer bulbs with witnesses and label them;

DPS can get her cell records.
Posted By: DLFant

Re: Bad day - 09/13/14 02:13 AM

sorry
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Bad day - 09/13/14 04:01 AM

PTL Ya'll walked away... Please go to the Doctor PDQ and have him go over YOU & the Investor/Passenger with a fine tooth comb, and pay close attention to your skeltal structure and joints.

I got hit hard enough on my '01 Z's right front wheel by a Honda Civic red light runner that it bent the frame 3". Woke up a week later with a knee swollen big enough to look like it was a black & blue rotten cantaloupe and could not walk....a meniscus stress impact tear as it had not touched nuthin and had no marks or bruises on the skin & I had been fine walking around the accident site on camera...and had merry Hell with her attorney over it.
Ron
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Bad day - 09/13/14 02:55 PM

hopen All are doing okay. Accidents happen, haven bad day here. pillen & chillen flag
Posted By: Duck Sausage

Re: Bad day - 09/15/14 02:15 AM

Cody
Man make sure they check your frame for damage.
My wife was hit similar to this in her suburban and where the trailer was folded under the rear bumper, it bent the frame of her suburban.
It wasnt in the original adjusters report

Glad everyone was ok man
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Bad day - 09/15/14 02:45 AM

Hope you are ok. Get a lawyer just in case..
Posted By: passthru

Re: Bad day - 09/15/14 04:21 AM

Accidents are one thing. This sounds like negligence on her part. Make sure you are compensated down to the last kernel of corn.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Bad day - 09/15/14 10:29 PM

Good to hear everyone is ok....everything else can be replaced
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum