Texas Hunting Forum

batchelor groups

Posted By: wfontjr

batchelor groups - 01/03/09 07:31 PM

i was hunting in houston county over new years week, the bucks were running in batchelor groups, i get lots of summer pictures of bucks in groups but have never seen them grouped up this early, is this unusal?, is this another product of antler restrictions?, more young bucks alive at the end of the season,

i was trying to get a 12 year old nephew a shot, we had 4 bucks the first evening, a 6pt, two 14" 8pt, and my guess a 17" 8pt, the second evening there were at least 6 bucks with another 17" 8pt, its so diffcult to get a shot for a 12 year old, i could not get them to stop long enough for him to feel confident in his shot, then we ran out of light both times, the does were moving in packs also but this is typically what i see the last weekend in houston county

Posted By: tattooedtexan

Re: batchelor groups - 01/03/09 08:37 PM

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow forum member from Orange! It does seem unusual that the bucks would be grouped up this early. ?????

Posted By: helomech

Re: batchelor groups - 01/03/09 08:54 PM

This is in Houston County from a couple nights ago. I have more, but am having trouble finding the other group.

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: batchelor groups - 01/05/09 05:15 PM

The will group back up once rut is over

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum