Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations!

Posted By: smitty010203

Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/20/14 12:21 PM

Hey there Texas folks. I am an NC guy and new to this forum. I'm getting married in February so I am trying to get a bachelor party planned out asap. I need some recommendations on a ranch/lodge for hog hunting. Its going to be 8-12 guys. Not all of them are really hunters so I want it to be a place where they can have a good time too. For that reason I want a place that has a nice spacious lodge, not just a small cabin/trailer dedicated for hunting with cots and pull out couches. Fire pits, ponds, golf courses nearby are all a plus as I want the other guys to be comfortable. Right now I am looking on of the later weekends in January. Another plus would be if maybe just the guys that want to hunt can pay the hunt fees and the other guys can pay a much smaller fee for lodging/food etc. Birds or other small game is a plus, probably wont be shooting any exotics unless its under $500. Either way for guys hunting I want to keep the cost for the weekend under $400 and cheaper is better.

If you guys run ranches or know places matching my description let me know! Also any ranches that also offer a heli hunt would be a nice bonus incase the guys want to spring for me to get one!
Posted By: doogie

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/20/14 04:34 PM

Are you wanting strippers and maybe a donkey show or just the hunting only?

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/20/14 06:39 PM

Just the hunting.
Posted By: don k

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/20/14 07:12 PM

Good luck on finding a place.
Posted By: doogie

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/20/14 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: smitty010203
Just the hunting.

Oh, I can't help you then. Just kidding.
I know Executive Outfitters, Inc. does a nice job with Dove hunts.
You might check with them on hog hunts.
Are you wanting $400 total for everyone or per person?
Posted By: PMK

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/20/14 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: doogie
Are you wanting strippers and maybe a donkey show or just the hunting only?
wouldn't he need to look over in the TFF for stripper guides? Are donkeys considered an exotic?

no help from me on OP topic ... just passing thru bolt
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/21/14 12:38 AM

Hunters creek ranch in mount Vernon. I suggest you take the dog hunt package during the day when you are sober. Bob can work out the details with you if it fits in the schedule.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/21/14 12:47 AM

One last tip, you price and what you are looking for May be a challenge. Free range hog travel around, if you consider a enclosure (usually around 100 acres) the hogs are either trapped or bought from trappers or hog dog teams. What you should look for is one full day of hunting, a weekend of lodging, and plan golf or whatever else the other day. This will at least up your odds of finding a place.

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/21/14 12:00 PM

I am hoping I can find a place that is under 400 per hunter for the weekend. And much cheaper for guys that dont want to hunt. I found a place in SC (I am from NC) that houses 12 has a nice lodge with free roaming hogs that is $375 per hunter a day with a 2 hog max. Problem is they are all booked up.
Posted By: bradyf

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/21/14 02:04 PM

I hunted a ranch in Salado last year. Shiny Top Ranch. Accommodations were ok nothing great but had lots of hogs. Doc in the name of the owner and you can get his # off his web site Shinytopranch.com.
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/21/14 03:17 PM

Hunters Creek Ranch
Hunterscreekranchtx.com

Took my cousin there for his bachelor party last year. Couldnt have asked for a better experience.

Been back there several times since, great people, atmosphere, and the hunting is action packed.

Give Bob a call, he'll definitely take care of you.
Posted By: Bang Bang

Re: Hog Hunt Bachelor Party Need Recommendations! - 08/23/14 01:49 AM

Dale River Ranch, near Possum Kingdom Lake. The hunting is awesome and they have a great lodge for bachelor parties. Hot tub, pool table, ATV's, all kinds of cool stuff. Golf course near by, and yep, they even do heli hunts.

www.daleriverranch.com
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum