Texas Hunting Forum

Flower Ranch north of Ozona

Posted By: Desert Coyote

Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/12/14 05:55 PM

Has anyone hunted this ranch? Any opinions?
Posted By: 4K outdoors and taxidermy

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/12/14 09:05 PM

Never heard of it. Do you know landowner, any other name or names of any neighbors ?

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/12/14 09:11 PM

No. It is supposed to be about three miles north of the 163\137 split north of ozona on 163, west side of the road.
Posted By: 4K outdoors and taxidermy

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/13/14 03:33 AM

I know the general vicinity, some good deer come from over in that part of the world, lot of goat ranchers over in that part of the world, that area is a hotbed for drilling right now, lot of oilfield traffic everywhere
Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/13/14 03:20 PM

Are you talking about the Twisted Flower Ranch?
Posted By: highlonesome1

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/13/14 03:39 PM

I have seen monster deer in that area. Looks like a well cared for ranch. Don't know the owner but you are near Howard Draw.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/13/14 04:05 PM

Sounds like it's close to the 'Powell field' ranch. Some big country out there. Lots of Angora goats too. If you can find a place that hasn't been overgrazed, you'll find some big deer.

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/13/14 08:37 PM

Thanks for the responses. It Is not the twisted flower ranch.
Posted By: longshot2

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/15/14 05:19 PM

We hunted there for one year, three years ago. Drilled two wells in that time and rancher ran hounds for varmints at night. Killed a 146 buck there, but deer were spotty. Also runs 600-900 goats. Apparently the hunters after us didn't stay either.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/15/14 08:11 PM

I must have driven past it the other day. Most of the off-the-wall oilfield traffic seemed to stop, coming south, at Big Lake, but there were still signs of it up to the intersection just north of Ozona.

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/15/14 09:16 PM

I was concerned abut the goat and oil field traffic. The guy that is running the lease now claims there is no varmint hunting allowed at night.

Also I guess you were saying you thought it was over grazed? Was or did anyone else see or kill any deer up there?

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/15/14 09:19 PM

No, I do not know the owner, but his name is Mr.Forehand.
Posted By: longshot2

Re: Flower Ranch north of Ozona - 03/15/14 11:39 PM

He told us the same thing about hounds at night, but we heard and saw them several times during deer season. I believe his place is overgrazed, but we were there during drought of 2011. We killed one other buck in 130s and 5-6 management bucks. I believe the oilfield traffic hurts this place, but you have a chance to kill a good buck. There were several times that no deer were seen on a hunt. Not common for this area. PM me if you want more details
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum