Texas Hunting Forum

Tv Shows

Posted By: Rodngun

Tv Shows - 12/01/13 02:44 PM

So I messed up my hamstring a little,sitting here watching TV instead of in a blind.

Watching O'Neill Outside ...what the **** ??

Here comes a really nice buck down the hill - he is excited,I'm excited and then - wait a minute what the ?? A big Yellow Tag in his ear and then the next one runs bye - a big Red Tag in his ear.

How embarrassing , what the hell are we doing to hunting - Now wonder all the Anti's have so much ammo against us hunters .

Don't get me wrong - I know the only way some people can kill a deer is if they are behind a fence - if that's what it takes - then that's YOUR problem - but don't put it on TV ... the Anti's see stuff like this and think we all are like this - its a **** shame !!! O'k - I'm done.That's just 53 years worth of hunting frustration coming out of me .
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 05:46 PM

red tag, yellow tag confused2 sounds like black friday all over again. flag
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
red tag, yellow tag confused2 sounds like black friday all over again. flag

rofl
Posted By: cmc

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 06:56 PM

Tags have nothing to do with antis they don't care how where or when an animal is hunted, the fact is its dead and they don't like it. Apply this same logic to a TV show where the bucks do not have tags and that would imply that antis are ok with the deer that were killed on that show. I highly doubt this is the case, the show is not made for anti hunters so hell with what they think about it. I'm not really into either but I just turn the channel.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 06:58 PM

Growing big white tails is big business! You see it all the time. Lots of high fence ranches that cater to the "hunter" who will pay. I visited a deer breeder who had a breeder buck that was over 220 B&C. Most awesome deer I ever saw. But, it's not for me.
Posted By: Matt1023

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 07:03 PM

Believe me, those tags don't make those deer any less wild. Ive hunted a bunch of HF places and all the fences do is keep the deer inside, those deer can see,smell and hear you just as good as the deer on my LF lease in Comanche can.
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 08:23 PM

Ya they can hear the bucket of oats being shook to bring them into shooting range within 30 minutes or 25% off the troohy fee attached to buck #73.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 08:50 PM

Quit watching hunting shows a good while back.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt1023
Believe me, those tags don't make those deer any less wild. Ive hunted a bunch of HF places and all the fences do is keep the deer inside, those deer can see,smell and hear you just as good as the deer on my LF lease in Comanche can.

On 99% of places that is a big load of hogwash. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 09:22 PM

Hogwash huh? Well to each his own. You believe what you want and I'll stick to believing what Ive seen with my own eyes.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 09:24 PM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - I know the only way some people can kill a deer is if they are behind a fence - if that's what it takes - then that's YOUR problem - but don't put it on TV ... the Anti's see stuff like this and think we all are like this - its a **** shame !!! O'k - I'm done.That's just 53 years worth of hunting frustration coming out of me .

So you are embarrassed by a form of legal hunting? Then work to change it. Otherwise if YOU don't like it, then that is YOUR problem.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 09:33 PM

I realize this is a no win argument and I'll never change anyones mind, but if you break it down and think of it like this, what difference does it make if there is a HF?

1. Whether its HF or LF, are you not there to kill a deer? I don't understand why its so much more noble to kill a LF deer. Deer are everywhere, its not hard to just go kill a deer if you want to. Granted, its a nice accomplishment to kill a monster buck on a LF place, but even that wouldn't be that hard if more hunters were management minded.

2. With a HF, you are most likely going to kill a mature deer thats at its prime, and not some 3 year old ten point with 3 more good years in front of him like my lease mates do on my LF lease.

Agan, I realize I'm not going to change anyone's mind, and to each his own. We're all here because we love to hunt and we shouldn't give each other grief for any form of legal hunting, in fact, it should all be encouraged, and save that grief you want to give for all those anti-organizations out there

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 10:15 PM

seen lot of people spend money, do the hard work, then lose everything to higher client. Bigger Bucks flag
Posted By: BunnyBlaster

Re: Tv Shows - 12/01/13 11:06 PM

It's not just TV, it's this entire HF trophy farming culture. Just look at the outfitter and guides section here, most of the WT outfits have deer that are named and have prices. To me that is no different than Thompson Temple or any other livestock shooting operation, just more money involved.

I'm not for or against it, I just don't like how there is less and less viable public spots for meat hunting. Compare that to other states and our situation is quite sad. A man should be able to find a place to meat hunt without paying a fortune or having to network! The stories I hear about state land from my Michigan co-workers makes me jealous

just my .02
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 12:03 AM

I realize this is a no win argument and I'll never change anyones mind, but if you break it down and think of it like this, what difference does it make if there is a HF?

1. Whether its HF or LF, are you not there to kill a deer? I don't understand why its so much more noble to kill a LF deer. Deer are everywhere, its not hard to just go kill a deer if you want to. Granted, its a nice accomplishment to kill a monster buck on a LF place, but even that wouldn't be that hard if more hunters were management minded.

2. With a HF, you are most likely going to kill a mature deer thats at its prime, and not some 3 year old ten point with 3 more good years in front of him like my lease mates do on my LF lease.

Agan, I realize I'm not going to change anyone's mind, and to each his own. We're all here because we love to hunt and we shouldn't give each other grief for any form of legal hunting, in fact, it should all be encouraged, and save that grief you want to give for all those anti-organizations out there

With that argument you're saying it's easier to kill big mature deer on HF than it is LF.
Posted By: lawdawg845

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 02:28 AM

to each his own, it isnt for me... doesnt feel right or challenging. I just dont think it can be fulfilling to simply write a big check to get a trophy buck.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 02:19 PM

hunted next ta one of them thar hf area's.. they don't want ya chooten one of tar deers if it escaps, yetone of my trophy little scub 6 pointer gets oon thar land, they wanna charge me $500.00 culling fee confused2 flag names have been changed to protect the inocent
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 06:28 PM

popcorn I need a new recliner for the HF/LF opinion (sometimes ill informed) threds...........
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 08:30 PM

Guess thats part of reason I'm not much into alot of hunting shows. Granted I have and will agin hunt exotics and the large part of those are HF hunts, I avoid watching some white tail hunts on tv because I am a realist! Places I hunt rarely have 150-160 class deer and they are fair gamer with low fence. If you have place with room,genetics,and management it could be different. But the shows are high priced or are a quality operation where hunter is only a hunter.
Posted By: RedTrail

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 08:33 PM

I love the eartag idea. Make it a rule that you have to put one on all the pets on the HF ranch and put the deers name on it, so we'd know what name to call him to get him to jump over on the LF side.
Posted By: Curly

Re: Tv Shows - 12/02/13 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: lawdawg845
to each his own, it isnt for me... doesnt feel right or challenging. I just dont think it can be fulfilling to simply write a big check to get a trophy buck.
Posted By: Rodngun

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: lawdawg845

X 10 ....

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 01:48 PM

I do not care if someone else does it I just don’t. I do not believe it can be compared to going out on your own and scouting all summer to find a place you think will be the spot where yall will meet to showing up, writing a check, and getting brought to your stand and told "the deer you are looking for will show up between 0835 and 0850. He does it every day and sticks around for about 30 minutes. I’m going to go park on the other side of the hill and will pick you up when I hear the shot.

Before anyone starts saying that is not how it is, I went as a guest witn BIL and that is exactly how it went. Deer showed up right on time too.

Once again I do not care if someone else shoots a deer like that.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogman4127
I do not care if someone else does it I just don’t. I do not believe it can be compared to going out on your own and scouting all summer to find a place you think will be the spot where yall will meet to showing up, writing a check, and getting brought to your stand and told "the deer you are looking for will show up between 0835 and 0850. He does it every day and sticks around for about 30 minutes. I’m going to go park on the other side of the hill and will pick you up when I hear the shot.

Before anyone starts saying that is not how it is, I went as a guest witn BIL and that is exactly how it went. Deer showed up right on time too.

friend that worked with went ta one of them thar places, for so much $$ could shoot any doe, for few more $$ spike or forkling, & $$ could shoot a 120.. bigger the buck the bigger the bucks. he quit hunting. flag
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 03:49 PM

This is how I feel. People hunt these high fence ranches and it may be a 3000 to 10,000 acre ranch and they shoot a 200" deer and they act like they just hung the dayum moon or something. Thing is there was prolly 30 deer in there that were 200" and they passed up (4) 190's (7) in the 180's (10) IN THE 160s just to finally see that 200 walk out. Then they get their story on here and act like it was one hell of a hunt and man was it challenging. lmao

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 04:00 PM

Tdecker, Here's the thing though, I do the same thing on my LF lease. I pass up several 110's and several 120's before that 135 inch deer that I seem to kill every year steps out. If you hunt a feeder from a box blind your doing the same thing on both places, your just going to get a bigger deer on that HF place.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 04:07 PM

Tdecker, Here's the thing though, I do the same thing on my LF lease. I pass up several 110's and several 120's before that 135 inch deer that I seem to kill every year steps out. If you hunt a feeder from a box blind your doing the same thing on both places, your just going to get a bigger deer on that HF place.

I agree with you but as I do the same. But you know what's there and you know your going to see "the buck of your dream" to me that 135" deer is much more of an accomplishment. If you wanna shot the deer go for it but it is not an accomplishment. To each his own tho.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 04:24 PM

Is hunting a competition? Why do y'all worry so much about how the other guy does it?

A lot of hunters feel that using cameras, or corn, or blinds, or rifles are cheating. You are all cheating in someone's eyes. Do you like being called a cheater? What makes you better than the next hunter? What makes your idea of hunting better?

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Is hunting a competition? Why do y'all worry so much about how the other guy does it?

A lot of hunters feel that using cameras, or corn, or blinds, or rifles are cheating. You are all cheating in someone's eyes. Do you like being called a cheater? What makes you better than the next hunter? What makes your idea of hunting better?

sneaky your missing the whole point. Your going off over a damn statement that wasnt negative towards high fence. If you choose to hunt bhind a fence go for it hell I am proud for you. But the fact of the matter is you know the deer are there and that while you might not see the 220" you are after you might have to settle for a 200". lol. Your right alot of people from up north dont belive that we should hunt over feeders. But i am not a fan of high fenced whitetails. To each his own as i have stated that you dont seem to comprehend. If cutting a check and shooting the biggest deer of your life is for yoiu then by all means go for it. Its just not for me, and to clear this up I am not envious of you or dont have the money. Trust me that isnot the issue at all before that gets stated.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: tdecker22

This is how I feel. People hunt these high fence ranches and it may be a 3000 to 10,000 acre ranch and they shoot a 200" deer and they act like they just hung the dayum moon or something. Thing is there was prolly 30 deer in there that were 200" and they passed up (4) 190's (7) in the 180's (10) IN THE 160s just to finally see that 200 walk out. Then they get their story on here and act like it was one hell of a hunt and man was it challenging. lmao
takes Gun Control ta do that. the trick is finding some one ta pay for shooting the culls. flag

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 05:25 PM

sneaky your missing the whole point. Your going off over a damn statement that wasnt negative towards high fence. If you choose to hunt bhind a fence go for it hell I am proud for you. But the fact of the matter is you know the deer are there and that while you might not see the 220" you are after you might have to settle for a 200". lol. Your right alot of people from up north dont belive that we should hunt over feeders. But i am not a fan of high fenced whitetails. To each his own as i have stated that you dont seem to comprehend. If cutting a check and shooting the biggest deer of your life is for yoiu then by all means go for it. Its just not for me, and to clear this up I am not envious of you or dont have the money. Trust me that isnot the issue at all before that gets stated.

Saying its not an accomplishment is not negative? Wrecking someone's thread isn't negative? If what you say is true, you wouldn't feel the need to run your mouth on every post it comes up. When someone posts a picture of their deer, you would ignore it. No, obviously you have a problem with it. That's fine, but you could at least admit that.

And I don't hunt high fences. I just don't like to see people ruin someone's thread because "it's not for them." What a bunch of garbage.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 05:47 PM

The accomplishment is what the native deer has grown on its head inside the fence. The pulling of the trigger, not so much. Even LF hunters can use a neighboring HF to their advantage if they decide to force the issue with deer. We killed a lot by driving them into a fence and shooting them down the fence buffer while they tried to find a way over or through.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 05:47 PM

Saying its not an accomplishment is not negative? Wrecking someone's thread isn't negative? If what you say is true, you wouldn't feel the need to run your mouth on every post it comes up. When someone posts a picture of their deer, you would ignore it. No, obviously you have a problem with it. That's fine, but you could at least admit that.

And I don't hunt high fences. I just don't like to see people ruin someone's thread because "it's not for them." What a bunch of garbage.

lol ok agree to disagree so stop "running your mouth." And for the record yesterday is the first HF comment I made. So check yourself before you say "every post"

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 06:10 PM

Yes, I meant that in the most literal of ways. Well done.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/03/13 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Rodngun
So I messed up my hamstring a little,sitting here watching TV instead of in a blind.

Watching O'Neill Outside ...what the **** ??

Here comes a really nice buck down the hill - he is excited,I'm excited and then - wait a minute what the ?? A big Yellow Tag in his ear and then the next one runs bye - a big Red Tag in his ear.

How embarrassing , what the hell are we doing to hunting - Now wonder all the Anti's have so much ammo against us hunters .

back flag

Re: Tv Shows - 12/04/13 07:19 PM

I think some people equate the size deer they have to kill each season to their bank account. Have to compete with coworkers. If I dont pay 6000 for a weekend hunt its not a real hunt.

To each their own. If people want to m pay whatever to shoot a big deer then more power to them.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Tv Shows - 12/05/13 12:23 PM

Most of the hunting shows on now are not for me - HF or LF - guys shooting 2 year old bucks, destroying the English language, and on and on. There are a handful of shows that are the real deal to me - Eastmans, Shockey, and couple more. Otherwise it looks like anyone who presents themselves as an "expert hunter" can get a show on TV.

I got fooled on Spook Nation - thought he was the real deal until he was prosecuted and then had a probation violation and had to do jail time.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/05/13 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
The accomplishment is what the native deer has grown on its head inside the fence. The pulling of the trigger, not so much. Even LF hunters can use a neighboring HF to their advantage if they decide to force the issue with deer. We killed a lot by driving them into a fence and shooting them down the fence buffer while they tried to find a way over or through.

You so funny....
Posted By: FordEvangelist

Re: Tv Shows - 12/06/13 04:11 AM

Move to Michigan? Detroit property is cheap I think. Texas has always been notoriously short on public land but I think there are plenty of places to do public hunts if that's what you like. The grass is always greener some think... Michigan produces some fine deer but I have a feeling they aren't that easy to get.

Originally Posted By: BunnyBlaster
It's not just TV, it's this entire HF trophy farming culture. Just look at the outfitter and guides section here, most of the WT outfits have deer that are named and have prices. To me that is no different than Thompson Temple or any other livestock shooting operation, just more money involved.

I'm not for or against it, I just don't like how there is less and less viable public spots for meat hunting. Compare that to other states and our situation is quite sad. A man should be able to find a place to meat hunt without paying a fortune or having to network! The stories I hear about state land from my Michigan co-workers makes me jealous

just my .02
Posted By: FordEvangelist

Re: Tv Shows - 12/06/13 04:16 AM

Those "northerners" that don't like feeders usually say that while hunting a soybean field. I always find that interesting.I know a person that hunts the midwest and takes some large deer. He doesn't bait but he says he accidentally spills corn quite often.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/06/13 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

You so funny....

You put 10 folks on 4wheelers in a 3rd row plantation and push towards a fence you'd be suprised what pops out at the fence grin
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: Tv Shows - 12/06/13 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: BunnyBlaster
The stories I hear about state land from my Michigan co-workers makes me jealous

Originally Posted By: FordEvangelist
Move to Michigan? Detroit property is cheap I think. Texas has always been notoriously short on public land but I think there are plenty of places to do public hunts if that's what you like. The grass is always greener some think... Michigan produces some fine deer but I have a feeling they aren't that easy to get.

I'm in Ontario (similar habitat to Michigan) and we have more than 300,000 square miles of public land - virtually nobody leases. Definitely an advantage in that regard.

The disadvantage however is that deer density is significantly lower and virtually nobody manages anything - the result is our racks are a lot smaller (at least based on the posts I've seen on this site, although our body sizes are definitely larger - last doe I killed dressed 156lbs) and I am guessing more time is required to kill anything just like FE said. If I average the number of days spent hunting per deer taken it will be up around 12 days per deer (not including scouting). And those are meat deer not trophies.

So you may be jealous of places with lots of public land, but I'm jealous of places with the densities and racks you guys seem to consistently produce whether it's HF or LF.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 01:38 PM

Only Stan Potts can make an elk hunt unbearable to watch bang
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:13 PM

its been said before, this argument boils down to ego, and its really the "LF guys" that instigate it. "LF guys" feel the need to bring up fences everytime they see a big deer posted, for what? to make themselves feel better or prove that you are a better hunter because you have a LF 140 on your wall?

who cares! like RM said, the trophy should be the deer, not your stature as a hunter. is HF hunting for me? no, not my thing, but some guys act like they have to put someone in their place or something when they take a HF deer, again, for what?

either dont post or just say "nice deer" and move on, we dont think he is a better hunter than you because his deer is bigger than yours.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:21 PM

Sometimes it just needs to be said that they shot a pen raised animal just in case they are confused. stir But you're right, jshouse, always go with what I say. grin

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:33 PM

i actually contemplated whether or not to give you credit too.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:37 PM

I've shot enough HF deer to not really care, but I'm aware it's just not the same thing as not knowing where the heck certain animals are.

Ridge Reaper is on up
Posted By: Skip

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:37 PM

The only hunting show I watch is DRIVEN
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:51 PM

With that argument you're saying it's easier to kill big mature deer on HF than it is LF.

Yes it is easier. No blinds to build, not scouting to do, no leases to negotiate, no feeders to fill, no long weekend drives to check on equipment, no maintenance on cabin, no equipment to maintain, no food plots to plants, no worries about water during a drought year. Just pay and show up. Yes, that is much easier. Just like it is easier to take a guided fishing trip than go out on a new lake alone.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:52 PM

that crazy eye is too distracting
Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 02:57 PM

Ear tagged bucks. What's next...bar codes and nutritional information attached to the animal? Probably have shopper reward cards to hunt the same area. To each his/her own. If you feel hunting a Frankenbuck makes you feel like a "hunter" then so be it. Who am I to judge. I'm not going to change my ways...I'll just continue to hunt the way I like.....free range, spot & stalk, public land hunting. Randy Newburg's "Fresh Tracks" hunting show is the way I like to hunt.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek
Ear tagged bucks. What's next...bar codes and nutritional information attached to the animal? Probably have shopper reward cards to hunt the same area. To each his/her own. If you feel hunting a Frankenbuck makes you feel like a "hunter" then so be it. Who am I to judge. I'm not going to change my ways...I'll just continue to hunt the way I like.....free range, spot & stalk, public land hunting. Randy Newburg's "Fresh Tracks" hunting show is the way I like to hunt.

thank you sir, you made the very point i was talking about. its ok, we know you are every bit the hunter as the HF guys, even if your deer isnt quite as big.

and before you go off on me my biggest buck is about a 115 grin

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 03:31 PM

If you had a fence up around Big, would you have killed him by now? Just making conversation.......

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 03:58 PM

probably.....and again, i am one of the "LF guys," i am not saying it isnt different behind a HF i am just pointing out where most of these arguments start, with LF guys making sure the HF guy is put in his place when he posts a big deer.

i went through kind of the same thing when i was younger with building "hot rods." i built the engine for mine with all parts that i researched and i picked out, i could have just bought a crate motor and had the same result, but thats just not me. does it make it wrong though if someone does?

it was a forged solid roller 383 stroker that dynoed 525hp 500tq too up

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 04:05 PM

I don't think it's ppl calling out the hunter, it's more like they're making sure there's an * associated with it bc of its origin.
Posted By: 25-06

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse

that crazy eye is too distracting

I can't watch him either bc of that eye. That sucker has a low attention span and is always wondering off.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 04:32 PM

I just can't stand him talking.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 04:38 PM

Can't deal with Potts. I'll never understand how that annoying sucker got famous.
Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 06:46 PM

thank you sir, you made the very point i was talking about. its ok, we know you are every bit the hunter as the HF guys, even if your deer isnt quite as big.

JS...I guess its just that I really don't care anymore. I'm a meat hunter and if the animal happens to be a trophy, then that's an added bonus. I like to hunt the way I do because it works for me. I have my opinions, but I'm getting older and realize that arguing or debating is like spitting into the wind. I will get wound up about some anti-hunter spouting off. Other than that.....life is good.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 06:49 PM

JS...I guess its just that I really don't care anymore. I'm a meat hunter and if the animal happens to be a trophy, then that's an added bonus. I like to hunt the way I do because it works for me. I have my opinions, but I'm getting older and realize that arguing or debating is like spitting into the wind. I will get wound up about some anti-hunter spouting off. Other than that.....life is good.

man what the fun in this place without arguing and debating? grin

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 07:42 PM

We don't have fun on here..everything is serious business.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 07:47 PM

I've seen way too many terrible shots on bowhunting shows. Finding the deer the next day seems to be acceptable now.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 09:45 PM

That'll happen quite often; arrow is in flight long enough and traveling slower than the speed of sound & creates bad situations.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 10:23 PM

Therefore, bow hunting is unethical.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 10:48 PM

Quote:
I've seen way too many terrible shots on bowhunting shows. Finding the deer the next day seems to be acceptable now

Actually, I see this on Pigman and other shows, be it with rifle, pistol, or bow. Apparently, a lot of these folks do not search for game after dark. As near as I can tell, it is for the same reason they (pig hunters on TV) don't hunt after dark or before sun up. If there isn't enough light for good videography, then the whole operation gets put on hold. I can't understand how these folks hunt in the evening without expecting to need lights to hunt for downed game after dark.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 11:18 PM

Wouldn't say unethical but akin to long range hunting in the time of flight sense (except there's no sound to alert them.)

Re: Tv Shows - 12/14/13 11:53 PM

Wouldn't say unethical but akin to long range hunting in the time of flight sense (except there's no sound to alert them.)

Exactly.

Re: Tv Shows - 12/15/13 08:21 PM

We don't have fun on here..everything is serious business.

up have u seen my video The Dip Test. Tis what ya call an expert on the subject. seperating the bs from the rest of the crap. But dont do it at home, i'm what most call an idiot. flag
Posted By: tlk

Re: Tv Shows - 12/15/13 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Can't deal with Potts. I'll never understand how that annoying sucker got famous.

Ditto that - a goof ball - kills a deer and goes into spasms - how do guys like him get a tv show?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum