Texas Hunting Forum

One of my best deer hunting investments

Posted By: Texas Dan

One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/04/13 07:52 PM

Back during the summer when I caught it on sale at Northern Tool and Equipment, I bought a small 4 X 6 utility trailer to pull behind my ATV. I probably tricked it out too much, but got the chance to use it for the first time this past weekend to plant food plots. With just my 300cc Honda, it worked great in carrying my spreader, harrow, seed, fertilizer and other tools needed for the job. And being a tilt model, I should have no problem loading a deer or hog by my lonesome.

The plywood sides and bottom were all added and painted after purchase. I purposely bought one without a drop gate so I could haul longer items more easily.

The tripods will come next, which I can now partially assemble before loading.

Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/04/13 08:10 PM

Cool little trailer!
Sounds and looks like it will serve you well.
Posted By: NTX270

Re: One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/04/13 08:40 PM

Utility trailers are nice. I use mine at the lease and around the house. That reminds me, I need to grease the wheel bearings.
Posted By: hermano W

Re: One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/04/13 09:25 PM

I put bearing buddies on mine, so I rarely need to grease them. I can't tell if TexasDan did that on his or not.
Posted By: Duckman01

Re: One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/05/13 01:38 AM

Cool trailer....
Posted By: 603Country

Re: One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/05/13 02:04 AM

I have a small trailer (not anywhere near as nice as the one above) that I will give to whoever comes to get it. The wife dragged it around behind her ATV till we got her the Kubota RTV900. Free...do ya hear me...free

PM me if interested.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: One of my best deer hunting investments - 10/05/13 02:28 AM

I should add that a benefit of using an ATV and pull-behind trailer is that your truck lasts longer. That 's because you more apt to leave it parked, rather than beating the heck out of it in the woods.

And not to be overlooked, adding a trailer to your ATV can also be a much cheaper move than buying a new UTV.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum