Texas Hunting Forum

american hoggers a fraud?

Posted By: mikeike12000

american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:29 AM

I just saw American hoggers film a hunt from tenroc ranch salado, tx. Tenroc has a whole pen dedicated to hogs and hog hunting. There is no way that was a real hunt. I'm now questioning that show and that ranch. The hunting industry, and the alleged feral hog problem is a money making oppurtunity that people with less than optimal values exploit as evidenced by so many horror stories on here. What a shame.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:40 AM

Whole thing is a fraud. They show up on a 5000 acre ranch, catch 3 hogs in 3 days and say the place is cleaned out. Ridiculous.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:41 AM

people with less than optimal values......... wtf troll
Posted By: Big Tony

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:46 AM

It's TV. The last show that was on TV without a script was the old Three Stooges. rofl
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
people with less than optimal values......... wtf troll
+1 troll bang

Y'all mean to tell me reality tv ain't real? If I for once believed Lizard Lick towing and World's worst tenants is fake, I don't think I could live with myself. roflmao
Posted By: whistler

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:57 AM

even i noticed that them hogs weren't real feral hogs the 1st time i seen the show.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 01:07 AM

You mean Duck Dynasty isn't real?
Posted By: janie

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 01:09 AM

The old man reminds me of Santa Claus. Santa who has overdosed on way to many grumpy pills.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 02:48 AM

Not a troll. Simply noting the unfortunate situation. I'll still watch the show, just know for those that wish to go on a hog hunt in central Texas also location of ft hood and soldiers you have characters that feed on soldiers. MY soldiers and I thought it appropriate as a follow up to a previous report on this website reference to the tenroc ranch in salado tx. You still think I'm a troll ill gladly chat with you about it. Nothing follows.
Posted By: trjscout

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 02:58 AM

most t v sucks period
Posted By: HuskerB

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

I don't watch for the "reality"' I watch for the comedy
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 03:01 AM

eek2 ???

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeike12000
Not a troll. Simply noting the unfortunate situation. I'll still watch the show, just know for those that wish to go on a hog hunt in central Texas also location of ft hood and soldiers you have characters that feed on soldiers. MY soldiers and I thought it appropriate as a follow up to a previous report on this website reference to the tenroc ranch in salado tx. You still think I'm a troll ill gladly chat with you about it. Nothing follows.

Just understand that the "American Hoggers" bunch does not represent us all by a long shot. There are many that have serious problems with hogs, and there are many that are serious about doing what we can to help with the problem. For some of us, it's not about the money it's about doing something that we love while trying to protect our ecosystem and our neighbors. On that note yes, there are also people just out there to make a buck. Just don't include everyone in the "hunting industry - pig removal world" as having low morals or standards. I find those remarks offensive.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: trjscout
most t v sucks period

Amen to that. I spend most of my TV watching on Antenna TV, AMC, and TV Land watching old shows and movies.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 03:42 AM

I had noticed something on Lady Hoggers that also occurs on American Hoggers. All too often, the cameraman is closer to the hogs than any of the chasers. How that can happen so often can ONLY be the result of hogs being released and chased for footage. I have seen hogs during a chase actually change during the chase from male to female, which is pretty funny.
Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 04:04 AM

That was not tenroc that they "hunted". I have been there numerous times, and none of the shots were from that ranch. I am not sure it was anything more than the guy had a tenroc hat on.

I will say this about tenroc, the old manager, bobby, is gone. I loved heading out there with Bobby. He took care of his hunters. I think Darryl is the current manager but is not listed on the website, so I am not sure if he is still with Tenroc.
Posted By: Tommy G

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 04:33 AM

No these shows are not real. Even duck dynasty. The thing about duck dynasty is those guys don't act too different off camera. But all the situations on the show are staged. Hoggers is a joke though. Those ranches charge hundreds to kill pigs. They don't want them gone at all. The t v show probably pays the ranch to film and catch hogs
Posted By: smh264

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 05:49 AM

Ray Charles could see that the American Hoggers program is scripted and the kills are set-up. Most if not all the reality shows are scripted, otherwise they would be boring to watch.
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
I had noticed something on Lady Hoggers that also occurs on American Hoggers. All too often, the cameraman is closer to the hogs than any of the chasers. How that can happen so often can ONLY be the result of hogs being released and chased for footage. I have seen hogs during a chase actually change during the chase from male to female, which is pretty funny.

Yep,I noticed that too. I told my partner that those hogs were being released from a trailer. You look in a open field and see nothing. Next thing you know, they've caught two in three minutes. STAGED!!!

Posted By: Squealteam

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 11:19 AM

Yep its all fake, but its TV, u dont like the show, change the channel. In actual life, some of them have a completly diff job n do the tv show for kicks. They r getn paid to what yaw dont like and neither do i, so i dont watch it. It dont take a rocket scientist to push a button on the remote, he!! U managed to find the channel its on.
Posted By: Hoytman

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 11:28 AM

Sure the show is fake but i would let crystal put those hobles on me. lol
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 11:56 AM

Ive been told by one guy that the show tried to buy pigs off of him for the show because the cast couldn't find any and they needed the pigs to shoot the show.

For lack of anything better, I watched it two nights ago. The way the dad and that Ronnie Creek fella bickered and whined about each other was reminiscent of my daughter and her friends when they were 10 yrs old.
The Creek guy ran into an old run-down structure and starts blasting away with his 6-shooter, next thing you know a little pig the size of your big toe runs out. In a 200sf building, he couldn't even hit a piglet...how sad. It's a good thing he has his guys there to help catch them, because he can't shoot for squat.

I'm just surprised after they way they act on the show, that they get any business at all. There's no way in hell I'd let those guys on a ranch that I owned/managed. Between the two groups featured on the show, they let over 20 pigs go because they were either looking for a stupid pipe or for a 500# boar. They showed no concern for their agreement with the landowner, which was to remove hogs. Reality TV is anything but reality. I guess they don't realize they are only embarrassing themselves, not to mention the bad image they are giving serious hog-doggers. The only one with any sense is the daughter, and thank goodness she is smoking hot or else they'd probably lose more viewers.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:19 PM

@ Skinner I apologize didn't mean to lump all big hunters in the same bucket.
@ rusharp the first scene was tenroc and then it was somewhere else. The guy with the hat is the New ranch hand. Bobby and Tyler are out, and so is all the class and decency of that ranch. The new guy has turned the place into a straight business transaction. It no longer is a memorable event, and that is what really makes me mad.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 12:53 PM

@ rusharp the first scene was tenroc and then it was somewhere else. The guy with the hat is the New ranch hand. Bobby and Tyler are out, and so is all the class and decency of that ranch. The new guy has turned the place into a straight business transaction. It no longer is a memorable event, and that is what really makes me mad.

No problem man! up

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 01:08 PM

Quote:

You'd just get lose...like all those hogs.
Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 01:18 PM

My buddy and I have hunted Tenroc quite a few times in the last year before Bobby left, and if you're right that is a same. We seemed to book when Bobby's son would come up for a visit with his girlfriend. Talk about genuinely nice people, it didnt seem like you were at a paid hunt at all. My first visit, and my first hunt with my bow, i was not comfortable hunting out of anything but a ground blind. Once his son found out he ran his personal pop up out to the hog pasture for me to use the whole weekend. There was always time for business at the end of the weekend, but it wasnt the fonly thing. I was a little sad to see them go.

Tyler is a good guy too, I know him from the archery shop and now he is my go to taxidermist. I think he has the same attitude about Tenroc as Bobby had. Too bad he is so busy with his two businesses that he couldnt stay with Tenroc.

We planned to head up to Tenroc in the near future just to shoot a couple hogs since it is only 45 minutes away. We may have to rethink that now.

Matt
Posted By: BOONER

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
Ive been told by one guy that the show tried to buy pigs off of him for the show because the cast couldn't find any and they needed the pigs to shoot the show.

For lack of anything better, I watched it two nights ago. The way the dad and that Ronnie Creek fella bickered and whined about each other was reminiscent of my daughter and her friends when they were 10 yrs old.
The Creek guy ran into an old run-down structure and starts blasting away with his 6-shooter, next thing you know a little pig the size of your big toe runs out. In a 200sf building, he couldn't even hit a piglet...how sad. It's a good thing he has his guys there to help catch them, because he can't shoot for squat.

I'm just surprised after they way they act on the show, that they get any business at all. There's no way in hell I'd let those guys on a ranch that I owned/managed. Between the two groups featured on the show, they let over 20 pigs go because they were either looking for a stupid pipe or for a 500# boar. They showed no concern for their agreement with the landowner, which was to remove hogs. Reality TV is anything but reality. I guess they don't realize they are only embarrassing themselves, not to mention the bad image they are giving serious hog-doggers. The only one with any sense is the daughter, and thank goodness she is smoking hot or else they'd probably lose more viewers.

Smoking Hot??? scratch
Posted By: KG68

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoytman

False are not. Here piggy piggy.

Posted By: crankbait745

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 02:04 PM

I think Swamp People is fake too . Last episode i saw chase jump to levy to get in the back water with the boat .the boat he jumped and was silver with the mud motor. The boat they were hunting with once I got there was camouflaged with the 90 horsepower Mercury outboard.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 04:03 PM

i just watch it for the ladys....haha
Posted By: jshouse

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: HuskerB

I don't watch for the "reality"' I watch for the comedy

wait, its supposed to be funny? maybe i should give it another try...nah.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 07:22 PM

Is there a hog problem in Texas? Yep

Are those people the answer? Nope

Unless they're way better off the air than on, I'd be willing to bet I killed more hogs last year than all of them combined.

But I do find the show mildly amusing...

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 09:36 PM

2 of them creek guys hunt a regular basis n iv hunted with both ronnie n another guy n between both hunts (6-7hrs per hunt) we laid 14 hogs on the ground n that was with dogs n a knife, so unless ur usin rifle, i dout ur killn more than both groups combined. Them creek boys aint even usin their best dogs, those r their up n comin pups n in reality, they put a big dent in my area. Ronnie n the other guy has to, they r farmers with crops so they stand to loose out between the drought n hogs.
We all know the show is staged, its ment for ratigs, not reality. I dont like it so i dont watch it but they gettn paid for it. Are yaw? Most of yaw dont know neither group n dont know what how they really are, what their occupation is or anything bout them or the reasoning behind them and the land owners doin what they do but again, they r gettin paid to do it. Change the channel if u dont like whats on

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BOONER

Smoking Hot??? scratch

You may not think so, but I think she is beautiful. She has a natural beauty, and not one created by makeup. She doesn't have the anorexic look associated with most women people consider beautiful by today's standards. I'm sick of seeing a girl that's just a hair bigger than a toothpick being called a beauty queen. Lets see some real life corn-fed American women for a change, instead of one that looks like an aids victim. Not only did she get the looks in the family, I think she got a vast majority of the brains too. I know that tastes and opinions vary, but thats just my take on it. To each his own... rock_on
Posted By: 30378

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 09:40 PM

Strictly entertainment!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 10:38 PM

.....corn-fed American women for a change.....

Now we're talking about some American hoggin'.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/18/13 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
.....corn-fed American women for a change.....

Now we're talking about some American hoggin'.

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Ride'em cowboy!
Posted By: Espy

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 12:14 AM

Its a TV show of course its staged. I have hog hunted with a couple of them. They are ate up with hog huntin and are good at it. They are having fun and making a little money. I have some friends who watch it who have never seen a wild hog and enjoy it.So I guess they are doing something right.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: pea shooter
Its a TV show of course its staged. I have hog hunted with a couple of them. They are ate up with hog huntin and are good at it. They are having fun and making a little money. I have some friends who watch it who have never seen a wild hog and enjoy it.So I guess they are doing something right.

up
Posted By: BOONER

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BOONER

Smoking Hot??? scratch

You may not think so, but I think she is beautiful. She has a natural beauty, and not one created by makeup. She doesn't have the anorexic look associated with most women people consider beautiful by today's standards. I'm sick of seeing a girl that's just a hair bigger than a toothpick being called a beauty queen. Lets see some real life corn-fed American women for a change, instead of one that looks like an aids victim. Not only did she get the looks in the family, I think she got a vast majority of the brains too. I know that tastes and opinions vary, but thats just my take on it. To each his own... rock_on

She's not ugly by any means, but I would take lea any day. Next week there is a girl on there that works at the Brownwood Country club. Now she is really hot. I have known Jerry for years and an glad his family is making a little money off of him being goofy. He is not hamming for the camera , he acts like that all the time. It is a goofy show but all reality shows are goofy. Anyone that thinks reality tv is real needs more help than is offered on this forum.
Posted By: BLUERIBBONS

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 01:22 AM

I guess there are enough yanks up north tuning in to keep the show on the air. You guys do realize it is broadcast nationally right? roflmao

I have known of Jerry for many years and like someone else said he isn't hamming it up for the camera. Old Jerry was born about 100 years to late.
Posted By: woodwzrd1010

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 01:27 AM

GOOD, cause I want LEA PENICK all to myself.....lol

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: woodwzrd1010

GOOD, cause I want LEA PENICK all to myself.....lol

Lea is smokin' flame
Posted By: Big Tony

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BLUERIBBONS

I guess there are enough yanks up north tuning in to keep the show on the air. You guys do realize it is broadcast nationally right? roflmao

I have known of Jerry for many years and like someone else said he isn't hamming it up for the camera. Old Jerry was born about 100 years to late.

I like Jerry. I think he makes the show. He reminds me a lot of me. I can't stay on my feet either. rofl
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 02:27 AM

Y'all mean to tell me that Lizard Lick Towing is fake as well?

Or that other repo show?

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 02:49 AM

Gotta love sharpies...
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Gotta love sharpies...

Gonna need a whole lot more to keep that one from scaring the kids.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Or that other repo show?

Beastiality doesn't count.
Posted By: MELackey

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 05:11 AM

The only one with any sense is the daughter, and thank goodness she is smoking hot or else they'd probably lose more viewers.

wait, I thought the brunette was the daughter and the hot blonde was the hired gal.

The best part of the show is the gratuitous cleavage shots every time the girls bend over to deal with a hog. It happens too often to be accidental.
Posted By: smh264

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 05:30 AM

Glad it was pointed out that we could change the channel. Didn't realize that was something we could do on our TV. I learn something new every day.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 12:56 PM

Trapper that helped get rid of the hogs on place showed me a set up in East Texas where he had a game fence set up. It wasn't 15 acres. Qoute "Many a hunting show was shot here. Don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see." He wouldn't name the shows though.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 01:10 PM

The only thing not fake is when Lea Penick is riding a galloping horse.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 01:45 PM

A friend of mine used to date Krystal-pistol. This was a couple years before the show. Maybe I need to get his review. Lol
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 02:10 PM

I've never watched a complete episode-just couldn't make it through the whole thing without wanting to throw something at the TV! I will say this-a couple years ago there was a 'casting call' here on the forum. Some outfit from Commiefornia looking for hog hunters to put on a reality show. I sent them to Glenn Guess since his wife kills more hogs than almost anybody I've ever met..except for Glenn..and all 5 of his kids hunt. He has 4 daughters and one son that all shoot like they mean it and he has several freezers full of meat to prove it! He's sponsored by Hornady, Eotech, Bog Gear and some others and would seem to be a good fit. But no. The producers wanted somebody that was weird, on the edge, NOT normal folks that hunt all the time! So in the end things didn't work out all due to the Guess's not being weird enough...
Posted By: TooLow

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 02:12 PM

Yeah I've never watched a complete episode either. Always thought is was way to rigged. But yeah I know all of those shows are.
Posted By: Moondog

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 03:31 PM

I wouldn't say its a fraud, it is staged entertainment.

It's the Beverly Hillbillies of hog hunting.
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 03:35 PM

Lol Moondog! Y'all come back now, y'hear!?
Posted By: Guns Up

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 08:17 PM

i just laugh the entire show because, its a comedy show right? i dont get why they dont kill them right there. instead they hog tie them and take them away. anyone know what the he!! they do with them? pretty sure everyone in texas leaves 'em layin...
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Guns Up
i just laugh the entire show because, its a comedy show right? i dont get why they dont kill them right there. instead they hog tie them and take them away. anyone know what the he!! they do with them? pretty sure everyone in texas leaves 'em layin...

Probably sell em to hog buyers.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 10:17 PM

Sell what they can, donate or dispatch the rest. Atleast thats what 3 of the creek guys do. On average, we put them down in the woods if no 1 is wanting any, we cant get to them with atvs or the pens r full.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/19/13 10:26 PM

Yea it's staged but I watch it for the fun of it. The ole man is a hoot! I wouldn't mind trying out to be a guest on the show just for some good laughs

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/20/13 12:18 AM

Yes, but as with any of their help that is "brought in," that isn't a regular part of the show, you won't be good enough soon enough, even if you are. Any real or staged mistakes would be attributed to the "fact" that you just aren't cut out for it, are too inexperienced, not what they need right now when they really need help.

Sorry, nothing personal. That is just standard for pretty much every helper they bring in.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/20/13 01:32 AM

Agree Double Naught! They do bring in pretty enexperienced guests. This is TEXAS so they should have a much better selection out there. They intentionally pick the weak and inexperienced for ratings!
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/20/13 01:46 AM

They catch em again. That's what they do. On the last episode, I'm sure they caught the same hog over and over, making it look like they were on a roll. You notice they never showed more than one caught hog at a time?
Posted By: doublecexotics

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/21/13 02:56 PM

I watch it but I really don’t know why confused
Posted By: Sean Boburk

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/27/13 01:32 AM

Fake? You mean all Texas hog hunters don't go around in skin tight tank tops, 2 pounds of eye makeup, and dangling ear rings? Really? Of course its fake...its drama TV...folks watch it for the drama.

Now to ruin it all for you guys...look at the picture above of "crystal pistol."

She look nice? OK...now think of miss piggy and look at her...do you see it? Heh...just ruined the show for you... smile

Sean
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/27/13 04:15 AM

HWOH is going hunting with the Tatar Creek Guys.

They are good guys and good hunters.
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/27/13 03:57 PM

I know a couple of the guys and they do have day jobs. It's nothing more than reality tv.

Now on tenroc-I'm building a house that backs up to the fence. Every day they feed a group of hogs in the same spot. I can walk up to the high fence, whitle the hogs over, and pet them through the fence. Twice I've seen ranger with guide and hunter come along- guide- we usually see some here, hogs come running to atv-feeder , gettem! Unsuspecting hunter bangs away....high fives all around......now that's hunting!
Posted By: bignate79549

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 04/28/13 04:34 PM

TV show stinks
Posted By: Shooter499

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 03:22 AM

It seams to be harder to watch this season than in the past. I know it's scripted that's not the hard part to watch. The acting and the script itself is the hard part. I know Duck Dynasty has a script also but it isn't meant to be taken seriously. They don't even pretend like it is. I tell people that have never seen it " the show is not about duck hunting, it's about jackassery with a few minutes of hunting." American Hoggers has never been a funny show nor was it supposed to be. I think the fued between the Campbell's and the Creek's and Jerry's foolish buying while hunting is just ridiculous and ruining the show.
Posted By: Alta Loma

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 02:47 PM

I wouldn't let any of the clowns on that show on my property, except of course for the girls, ol' man Campbell acts like he is on the verge of senility and that Ronnie Creek fellow acts and sounds like a total idiot---I want that big hog.
Posted By: LG

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 02:51 PM

I watch it with my 13 year old son.....I have a pretty good idea what he is looking at......
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 02:57 PM

I'm not a fan. Everybody whines too much on that show and that old man is gonna break a hip before too long.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 03:11 PM

I can't stand to watch it anymore. I still try to watch it sometimes only to see the ladies, but seldom finish the show. I can't stand all of the scripted fake drama. It's a reality show, not a hunting show.....driving around high fence ranches catching half tamed little pigs doesn't excite me very much.
Posted By: TSU99

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 03:17 PM

I watched one show, and laughed through the whole thing. The son b@tched about everthing. The dad reminded me of Yosimite Sam. The girls seemed to do all the work.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 04:50 PM

Of course, other parts of the country think we are all just like those guys!

They do get out on some pretty property that looks like good hunting.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 04:58 PM

A fraud? darn the next thing you know is they will be saying that wrestling is fake as well.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 05:10 PM

Oh boy.... I'll bite my tongue.
Posted By: smithwr

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 05:12 PM

I like how all hogs are vicious, and they eat your face in half if you turn your back to them or dont get your "6 shooter" out quick enough.

About like the Alaska shows where everyone is always teetering in the brink of death, and they fend off grizzly bears on a daily basis. Insert the same for logging shows, oilfield shows, highway patrol shows, ect.

I must be a hell'uva man, Ive worked in oil and gas for 11 yrs and havent even died yet.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 05:13 PM

Not once?
Posted By: Charles Smith II

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 05:25 PM

I agree with all of the above. But...they are making money!

Supposedly, Jerry Campbell is a retired Texas Ranger.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: smithwr
I like how all hogs are vicious, and they eat your face in half if you turn your back to them or dont get your "6 shooter" out quick enough.

About like the Alaska shows where everyone is always teetering in the brink of death, and they fend off grizzly bears on a daily basis. Insert the same for logging shows, oilfield shows, highway patrol shows, ect.

I must be a hell'uva man, Ive worked in oil and gas for 11 yrs and havent even died yet.
Originally Posted By: smithwr

This is what gets me about all reality TV. Everyone is facing life threatening dangers at every turn.

* I think the girl in the pink shirt is smoking hot!
Posted By: dnttang

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 06:13 PM

A fraud? darn the next thing you know is they will be saying that wrestling is fake as well.

cheers
Posted By: smithwr

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: TSU99
Oh boy.... I'll bite my tongue.

Got ahold of some mescal one time but I dont know if i was really dead or just in the spirit world.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 08:16 PM

did anyoen see ol Ronnie Creeks, niece i believe on the show the other night??!! Very pretty girl...she needs to be on more

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles Smith II

He worked for the Department Of The Interior.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 08:44 PM

Oh dude! Thanks for the night terrors!

Or that other repo show?

Posted By: STXHO

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/13/13 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Charles Smith II

He worked for the Department Of The Interior.

He wouldn't come across as one. Does not seem very educated to me.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/14/13 01:22 AM

Yeah, he wasn't ever a Texas Ranger, LOL. Not only does he not come across as very educated, his gun handling skills are pretty scary as well.

If he was a former TR, it would be all over his bio and it isn't.
http://www.aetv.com/american-hoggers/meet-family/jerry-campbell/

On additional searching, apparently this is a recent edit. Maybe this goes back to that fraud business...
http://www.aranchersview.com/2011/07/american-hoggers-jerry-campbell.html
Posted By: RogueSamurai

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/14/13 12:38 PM

Jerry was never a Texas Ranger. He did work for the Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assoc., and the Dept of the Interior, both for fairly short periods of time and never in a law enforcement capacity.
Jerry is fond of showing off his Colt Peacemaker and telling people that, "it's the same gun that Texas Rangers used to carry", which is technically true, but it this case he was letting people think he was a Ranger until it went public.

It's sort of like, if I pointed to my truck and said, "that the same truck that firefighters use, these are the same boots, wrist watch, ball cap etc that firefighters use, you might assume I'm a firefighter and I would not "technically" be lying if I let you think it. Then later when you confront me about it I can say, "I never said I was a firefighter". Pathetic.

A lot of the "catch" scenes on that show are done at his house in a 2-3 acre catch pen and not out on some ranch. He's been visited a couple of times by TPWD etc about transporting hogs, he's been doing it for years.
Posted By: Creek Henry

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/14/13 02:45 PM

Reality TV is hit and miss... blame the OJ trial for bringing this carp in to our homes.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/14/13 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Yeah, he wasn't ever a Texas Ranger, LOL. Not only does he not come across as very educated, his gun handling skills are pretty scary as well.

If he was a former TR, it would be all over his bio and it isn't.
http://www.aetv.com/american-hoggers/meet-family/jerry-campbell/

On additional searching, apparently this is a recent edit. Maybe this goes back to that fraud business...
http://www.aranchersview.com/2011/07/american-hoggers-jerry-campbell.html

Some of the comments on the 1st link you posted were hilarious.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/14/13 03:10 PM

Jerry was at the Mills County Hunter Appreciation Dinner a couple of years ago as the guest speaker. From my understanding they paid for him to be there, if they did it was a total waste of money.

Either he was hammered out of his mind or he is mentally deficient. Totally incoherent, they tried to get him to help with the gun raffle winner announcement and he couldn't get through that. At first it was funny but it quickly turned into a major nerve grinding event.

I have never watched the show, and after that I dang sure wouldn't. Total embarrassment of a human being. I rate him as a first class oxygen thief.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/15/13 02:08 AM

Robert missed every hog he's shot at with a rifle this, and last season, but he hit Tannerite with this "sniper rifle"...?

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/15/13 04:47 AM

Yeah, they all seem to shoot rather poorly. I don't know why they carry guns.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/15/13 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Jerry was at the Mills County Hunter Appreciation Dinner a couple of years ago as the guest speaker. From my understanding they paid for him to be there, if they did it was a total waste of money.

Either he was hammered out of his mind or he is mentally deficient. Totally incoherent, they tried to get him to help with the gun raffle winner announcement and he couldn't get through that. At first it was funny but it quickly turned into a major nerve grinding event.

I have never watched the show, and after that I dang sure wouldn't. Total embarrassment of a human being. I rate him as a first class oxygen thief.

On top of that he one of the "demands" for him being there was that they provide a limo for him to ride in. Not sure where they came up with one but they did. Jerry craves attention, so does Robert and Krystal, but he can't handle it once he gets it.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/15/13 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RogueSamurai
On top of that he one of the "demands" for him being there was that they provide a limo for him to ride in. Not sure where they came up with one but they did. Jerry craves attention, so does Robert and Krystal, but he can't handle it once he gets it.

What a totally waste of money. The Chamber Of Commerce pays you to be there, Hires a Limo to get your there, and then your not even ready to be presentable and be able to speak. Some of those Mills county boys should have took him out back and had a come to Jesus meeting with him.
Posted By: wrknonit

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/16/13 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Sean Boburk
Fake? You mean all Texas hog hunters don't go around in skin tight tank tops, 2 pounds of eye makeup, and dangling ear rings? Really? Of course its fake...its drama TV...folks watch it for the drama.

Now to ruin it all for you guys...look at the picture above of "crystal pistol."

She look nice? OK...now think of miss piggy and look at her...do you see it? Heh...just ruined the show for you... smile

Sean

Hey, I'd go there....
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/18/13 03:44 AM

Anyone else notice during the intro to the show, when old man Campbell is talking, there is a texas flag behind him that is flying upside down? Now that's just disrespectful....and they call themselves texans...... confused2
Posted By: cwmonroe

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/20/13 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Wool E. Booger
Anyone else notice during the intro to the show, when old man Campbell is talking, there is a texas flag behind him that is flying upside down? Now that's just disrespectful....and they call themselves texans...... confused2

Never noticed it before but will look next time.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/20/13 02:17 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxUWWbbc4o

You talking about here at 1:40 in the video? It isn't upside down.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/20/13 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Where in the intro exactly is the upside down tx flag? I watched the intro to 13 shows so far and aint seen it yet. Nxt time u see it, pause the show, take a pic and post it. I mite hav missed it, would like to see it and then contact a&e n ask them wtf is the reasoning behind it.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/20/13 04:37 PM

popcorn

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/22/13 09:17 PM

I saw it on the intro last night. It's the intro to this season's shows, the youtube above is from prior.
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/24/13 01:22 AM

Thanks for verifying my claim RS.....thought I was losing it for a second. I have been working, haven't got to watch to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Don't know how to take a pic and post, I'm not to good on these computer things....I'm an old dog and it takes me a minute to learn new tricks.
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/24/13 12:54 PM

Sean

lol nice body, but her face looks like a dude

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/24/13 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: mideon2000

Sean

lol nice body, but her face looks like a dude

Thats a horribel pic...ive seen lots better and on the show she looks pretty good.....as does Lea
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/27/13 04:31 AM

I like Krystal - Lea fusses too much like my ex
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/27/13 11:18 PM

I've been trying to figure out how catching a couple pigs is going to put a dent in the population
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/27/13 11:20 PM

You forgot the 38mm of Saline she has added since the show started

Sean

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 05/29/13 01:22 PM

ALl i know is the new girl that is working with Ronnie Creek....wow...good looking....

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/11/13 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
You forgot the 38mm of Saline she has added since the show started

Sean

The long....LONG list of things that are fake about Krystal is quite well known to those that know her, and I'm not just talking about body parts.
Posted By: aggiegadwall

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/11/13 07:21 PM

The episode they did in Haskell they spent 2 nights couldn't catch any so they walked up to a trap and released one and got everything but the trap in camera.
Posted By: Brownwood

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/12/13 04:25 PM

Do we really believe that Raylan Givens in Justified really kills all those people or that Leonard and Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory are genius physicists. It is entertainment and all staged.

The only difference between reality TV and your favorite sitcom or drama is reality shows use regular folk because they get paid less...
Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/12/13 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Brownwood
Do we really believe that Raylan Givens in Justified really kills all those people or that Leonard and Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory are genius physicists. It is entertainment and all staged.

The only difference between reality TV and your favorite sitcom or drama is reality shows use regular folk because they get paid less...

Raylan Givens seems more real to me, somehow...

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/12/13 09:35 PM

Quote:

Ah, but Mayim Hoya Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler) is really a neuroscientist...

Quote:
Bailik received her B.S. in Neuroscience and Hebrew and Jewish Studies from UCLA in 2000 and earned a Ph.D. in Neuroscience in 2007 from UCLA, specializing in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in adolescents with Prader-Willi syndrome.

http://www.mayimbialik.net/bio.html

lol444
Posted By: drewjunr

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/20/13 02:53 PM

All of the hunting shows build it up, claim how dangerous the animals are, how difficult it is and that the animal will come up and breakdown their door and eat them alive...blah blah blah.

Just like the other TV shows...cops showing up without backup knowing that someone armed and dangerous is waiting for them but these lone cops will save the day.

I watch all shows knowing that Hollywood makes them interesting for the people that will never get out and experience stuff for themselves. My wife hates when I critique audiobooks and movies.

Once I heard a the revolver was ejecting the shells after each shot...say what...nevermind.

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/20/13 02:57 PM

I am still trying to get over wrestling not being real.
Posted By: Brownwood

Re: american hoggers a fraud? - 06/20/13 02:59 PM

I am still trying to get over wrestling not being real.

WHAT!!!! shocked
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum