Texas Hunting Forum

Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County

Posted By: Gus Schkade

Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/11/13 05:35 PM

Seriously considering a low-fenced lease between Valera and Fisk, Texas.

Any comments or advice about quality of deer or possibility of exotics?

Thanks in advance,
Gus
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/11/13 05:50 PM

Seen a few axis south of valera, buy the lake turn off
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/11/13 06:11 PM

Have some blackbuck running around on the east side of concho county as well. Deer are good as long as you don't have lease guys shooting everything with a heartbeat!

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/12/13 02:35 AM

Thank you gentlemen for the input so far. Would like to hear from a few more folks if you have knowledge of the area.

Gus
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/12/13 02:59 AM

High deer population. Depending on the size of the lease and how it's been managed will determine the quality of bucks. Lots of axis deer around Melvin so it's possible they have made it that far north.
Posted By: daulongranch

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/12/13 04:01 AM

I have been to a few places in that area that have good deer quality and quantity. I have always been a guest, so I don't know what the leases run.

I have a 60 acre place in Concho County, now.

Good luck.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/12/13 04:11 AM

I've dove hunted near Valera, looks like great deer hunting, rolling Mesquite country. Seen a FEW blinds, at least where we dove hunted. FYI we hunted with Executive outfitters with Ted Taylor. Call Ted, He's also a real estate broker in the area. He knows EVERYONE in at least a 10 county area.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/12/13 04:20 AM

I had a place about 2-3 miles East of Valera in Coleman County. Good deer numbers and good quality. Area is going to depend on the neighors. There were a lot of young bucks with potential killed in the area I hunted, so finding mature deer was tough.

I have a place south of there in Concho now and it is pretty similar in numbers and quality.

Re: Valera Hunting Quality? Coleman, County - 03/15/13 02:58 PM

Thankk you for the comments and advice, Gus
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum