Texas Hunting Forum

Shed Hunting in Edwards county

Posted By: jashle

Shed Hunting in Edwards county - 03/06/13 04:24 PM

Heading out to the ranch for the first time since the end of hunting season. Anyone know if I will find any sheds south of rocksprings yet? Also have you guys already started seeing your protein feeders hit hard or is that too early also.
Posted By: WTN

Re: Shed Hunting in Edwards county - 03/07/13 12:12 PM

Heading that way on Saturday also. Found two fresh sheds back on 2/16 but most were still carrying. Protein = Yes
Posted By: therock

Re: Shed Hunting in Edwards county - 03/07/13 01:34 PM

I was down that way last week and didnt find any sheds yet. All the bucks I saw still had their horns. As for the protien, it is so dry that the game is eating anything they can get.
Posted By: jashle

Re: Shed Hunting in Edwards county - 03/07/13 03:17 PM

Also looking forward to check the game cameras and getting an inventory of which bucks made it through the season. On LF property its always a guessing game to see what makes it through.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Shed Hunting in Edwards county - 03/08/13 03:08 AM

See if "Droptine" can get you an update. He hunts down there.
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Shed Hunting in Edwards county - 03/08/13 02:42 PM

Our place is just North of RS and I wish I could help answer some questions, but Im not going until next weekend. Start of turkey season and fill feeders, etc. Plan on doing some shed hunting as well. I would imagine the protein is being hit hard right now, and has been for awhile if you had some out. Its terribly dry out there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum