Texas Hunting Forum

Medina River Ranch near Bandera

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/02/13 06:13 PM

Hey everybody, I'm taking my wife and two college age daughters to stay at this ranch next week for spring break. Have only drove through Bandera on my way to Leakey and Camp Wood. Can anyone give me some advice on what to make sure we check out in Bandera?

Thanks!
Posted By: Moondog

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/02/13 07:29 PM

Silver Dollar Saloon. A real bar.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/02/13 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Moondog
Silver Dollar Saloon. A real bar.

up
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/02/13 09:20 PM

LONG HORN..
Posted By: Johnny Lobos

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/03/13 02:24 AM

Heres the only things in the Bandera area worth a dang, The Gun Club, Camp Verde General store, Long Horn Saloon, 11th Street Cowboy bar, Twin Elm Ranch, Hill Country State Park, OST, The river, and having it in the rear view mirror.

The only other things in the whole damn county worth a wooden nickel are the Pipe Creek Cowboy Church and Lost Maples.

Bring about nine feet of rain with you when y'all visit ...Please

Yes, I'm qualified to comment as a tax paying land owner of Bandera County. rofl
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/03/13 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: andrew mar
LONG HORN..

word
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/03/13 01:08 PM

Thanks for all the advice fellas!
Posted By: XCHIEF47

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/03/13 01:49 PM

Nice drive futher down to Medina.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/03/13 01:58 PM

Lost Maples is a fun, easy hike.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/03/13 03:03 PM

Spent many a Saturday as a child on an inner tube and picnic blanket in the seventies on that part of the river.....I remember hippies out there too...think they're still there!
Posted By: Curt407

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/04/13 11:58 AM

Beautiful country there. Take a camera for sure. You may be able too get some nice wildlife shots driving the area during the morning and evening.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/05/13 03:17 AM

Arkie Blues 'Silver dollar saloon'. Then head west to Camp wood... You know the combination #.
Posted By: rob valle

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/05/13 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Johnny Loco
Heres the only things in the Bandera area worth a dang, The Gun Club, Camp Verde General store, Long Horn Saloon, 11th Street Cowboy bar, Twin Elm Ranch, Hill Country State Park, OST, The river, and having it in the rear view mirror.

The only other things in the whole damn county worth a wooden nickel are the Pipe Creek Cowboy Church and Lost Maples.

Bring about nine feet of rain with you when y'all visit ...Please

Yes, I'm qualified to comment as a tax paying land owner of Bandera County. rofl

OST? Seriously? That place sucks! I mean sucks bad! I remember better meals in the high school cafeteria. And yes I am also a tax-paying member of Bandera Co. Brick's River Cafe is wayyyyy better.
Posted By: Johnny Lobos

Re: Medina River Ranch near Bandera - 03/05/13 10:41 PM

For breakfast, it does suck the rest of the time but so does roach infested Bricks!

You get the lunch time boot leather plate at bricks.

Camp Verde or Helotes are the nearest place for human grub.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum