Texas Hunting Forum

tyler county

Posted By: smokewagon84

tyler county - 02/28/13 01:09 PM

Do any of ya'll out there hunt in tyler county?
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 01:48 PM

Yessir...just outside of Woodville.

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 01:54 PM

How was the deer hunting this past season?
Posted By: kyotee1

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 08:25 PM

Hunted between Woodville and the Indian Reservation on the Tyler/Polk County line, matter of fact right off County Line Rd in Polk County.

No problem with taking the 2 antlerless and both legal bucks. Covered up in dang hogs as well. Movement was slow at the beginning due to heavy acorn crop, but they hit feeders more steadily after a couple weeks into the season. I hunted the bottoms with a big Swamp Chestnut Oak flat and the deer were always there.

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 08:33 PM

I hunt off hwy.256, 7mi. east of colmesneil.It was slow on bucks,but the doe's better.
Posted By: SCson

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 08:48 PM

We hunt in Sillsbee and it was very slow except during bow season when we saw alot more activity. Also hogs were everywhere which is why I'm fencing in around my feeders this year.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 08:59 PM

It really depends on the particular lease in that county. The Northern portion like Kyotee is talking about always seems to have better genetics bc more were restocked there. You get up against the Neches on down south and you run into a lot of native genetics and a lot will never see legal status.

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 09:22 PM

i forgot about the hogs...they killed us this year...and we did not kill them. never hunted at night.
Posted By: SplitTimeHunter

Re: tyler county - 02/28/13 09:59 PM

I did one year. It was the worst season I have had in 25 years. Fred, TX. BLHC. Stay Away!!

Re: tyler county - 03/01/13 12:10 AM

too many hunters on that lease. There's a place called Forest Lake outside of Spurger that's a pretty good MLD3 lease. A lot of bucks get to see maturity on that place.
Posted By: Crawdaddct

Re: tyler county - 03/01/13 04:24 AM

I hunt around Fred, not bad. I got mine, but it takes a lot patience. To many people messing around out in the woods. Poachers and trespassers seem to be a real issue, but that most of East Texas. Deer this year were all real healthy.
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: tyler county - 03/01/13 12:49 PM

On our property, bucks were slow, does plentiful. Hogs only at night and slim pickin's on those.
Posted By: Seadog

Re: tyler county - 03/02/13 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
It really depends on the particular lease in that county. The Northern portion like Kyotee is talking about always seems to have better genetics bc more were restocked there. You get up against the Neches on down south and you run into a lot of native genetics and a lot will never see legal status.

Re: tyler county - 03/02/13 07:45 AM

Well looky who's back on da boat!
Posted By: Seadog

Re: tyler county - 03/02/13 01:17 PM

I had to catch up on "honey-do" list at home since the season id over!!! LOL
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum