Texas Hunting Forum

QUESTION

Posted By: venom

QUESTION - 02/22/13 09:25 PM

NEW TO HUNTING LEASES, WHEN I READ A LEASE IT SAYS, X AMOUNT FOR YEAR LEASE, X AMOUNT OF PEOPLE. NOW MY QUESTION IS: THE AMOUNT FOR THE YEAR IS THAT PER PERSON OR # OF PEOPLE DIVIDING IT EQUALLY?
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: QUESTION - 02/22/13 09:31 PM

Depends on the add. Most of them reference the amount per person.

Between $1000 and $4000 per person is a nice range.
Posted By: KG68

Re: QUESTION - 02/22/13 09:32 PM

They list them both ways but generally year around leases run $1500 to $3000 per hunter.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: QUESTION - 02/22/13 09:32 PM

I dont know, but you better turn your caps lock off folks dont like it round these parts.

Generaly it will quote a per gun price.
Posted By: venom

Re: QUESTION - 02/22/13 09:45 PM

thanks guys
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: QUESTION - 02/23/13 12:25 AM

Always break it down to price per acre total. Total Payment for all hunters divided by total # of acres. Average will be $5 to $15 depending on area. The ones listed are normally higher. The lower ones will be way out west where there is less game per acre or the people have been on the lease a long time and landowner doesn't need the immediate funds. We pay a little less than $10 an acre with 6 guns on a little more than 1,000 acres less than 2 hours from Dallas. Down where you are my buddy leases part of their ranch at about $8 an acre but the hunter density is way less so it costs a ton more to hunt but you see 10x more deer and tons of other game too. Nothing like the brush country. But you might have to pay $5000 to $10000 a gun even at $8 an acre.

Probably too much info but price it by acre so you can make sure it comps out with others.
Posted By: rmac10

Re: QUESTION - 02/23/13 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Always break it down to price per acre total. Total Payment for all hunters divided by total # of acres. Average will be $5 to $15 depending on area. The ones listed are normally higher. The lower ones will be way out west where there is less game per acre or the people have been on the lease a long time and landowner doesn't need the immediate funds. We pay a little less than $10 an acre with 6 guns on a little more than 1,000 acres less than 2 hours from Dallas. Down where you are my buddy leases part of their ranch at about $8 an acre but the hunter density is way less so it costs a ton more to hunt but you see 10x more deer and tons of other game too. Nothing like the brush country. But you might have to pay $5000 to $10000 a gun even at $8 an acre.

Probably too much info but price it by acre so you can make sure it comps out with others.

+1
Posted By: gator1332

Re: QUESTION - 02/23/13 03:43 AM

anybody paying $10000 a gun for a hunting lease should think about buying land before leasing it.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: QUESTION - 02/23/13 04:01 AM

Some people pay that for a weekend hunt.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: QUESTION - 02/23/13 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: gator1332
anybody paying $10000 a gun for a hunting lease should think about buying land before leasing it.

True but same land might cost $2,000,000 or more for 1,000 acres which is a good number per hunter since you are hunting trophies down there. They can get a 10,000 acre ranch for that price each down there times a few more guns. Good luck getting a land payment for less than that. More like 8x times that a year for 20 years. Add a feed bill and watch out. If it was that easy we would all do it. It is a lot of work and even just owning it, you have to run it like a business with employees, ag, equipment, etc.
Posted By: XCHIEF47

Re: QUESTION - 03/03/13 04:29 AM

Get everything in writing, everything.....
Posted By: Lever Action Jackson

Re: QUESTION - 03/10/13 01:35 AM

Yea it really depends on the add. Most certainly get it all in a contract. I've been burned. Hand shakes don't seem to be binding anymore.
Posted By: ccrock

Re: QUESTION - 03/10/13 01:56 AM

I know of a place that has a membership fee of $25,000 then you have to pay your lease fee, feed bill and everything else, but it is a lot of golden triangle property and few hunters. It is about 1,000 acres per hunter. Extremely well managed and ran. Usually the only way you get to join is if someone dies. Too rich for my blood
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum