Texas Hunting Forum

rattlesnake

Posted By: hunter1278

rattlesnake - 02/19/13 03:03 AM

going to sweetwater for the rattlesnake round-up this year in march and looking for some more places to look for some snake on the way home back to the dfw area so if anybody knows of place let me know thanks
Posted By: Combine Kid

Re: rattlesnake - 02/19/13 11:08 AM

I'll be at the roundup. Might stop at the lease on the way back. Just depends what time we play softball on Sunday.

Plan on going on one of those hunts while im at the roundup.... you ever done it?
Posted By: venom

Re: rattlesnake - 02/19/13 04:41 PM

i'm going to roundup as well. Hey hunter1278 are you looking for a snake hunting partner? where are you located? I am in San Antonio and looking for places to hunt snake as well. let me know.
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: rattlesnake - 02/19/13 07:10 PM

Hey if you want copperheads then come to my house in the city. We kill at least one a year in my yard or garage. We have a field behind our house that is some type of protected land so the city states that the copperheads have a right to be there and live there so they won't do anything about the copperhead population even though there is a hanidcap playground right there. Ugh! Crazy to me. Sorry, can't go into the field and kill them because they have a right to be there so the city says. We keep our grass cut and don't leave any hiding spots. Always take a flashlight at dark when we take the dogs out

Re: rattlesnake - 02/19/13 09:18 PM

wow, that is scary, be safe
Posted By: b25wolfpack

Re: rattlesnake - 02/20/13 02:17 AM

Venom what you hunting them for?
Posted By: rmac10

Re: rattlesnake - 02/20/13 02:39 AM

That sounds like a good time...see plenty in south Texas!

Re: rattlesnake - 02/20/13 03:54 PM

wolfpack, hunting for sport,food,and because they are a menace to hunters.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: rattlesnake - 02/20/13 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: venom
wolfpack, hunting for sport,food,and because they are a menace to hunters.
Not to mention they brought $5 a pound live sale at the round up last year.
Posted By: flyby

Re: rattlesnake - 02/20/13 04:58 PM

Haven't done that in quite a few years.
Posted By: Xman

Re: rattlesnake - 02/24/13 12:24 AM

We are considering moving to the Abilene area or to within about 50 miles. In fact we will be there next week to check out some places. Reservations are already made for the RV park. I was talking to one realtor from Dallas who told me that Coleman was full of rattlers. Is this true? What areas are heavier than others? Also, how active are they in March?
Posted By: hardheadeddoe

Re: rattlesnake - 02/25/13 10:32 PM

Its not FULL, we have some here and there but the last few years you see less & less. Its not like everywhere you walk, sit, hunt will be a snake. They are far & few now.
Posted By: KG68

Re: rattlesnake - 02/25/13 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Xman
I was talking to one realtor from Dallas who told me that Coleman was full of rattlers.

bs eek
Posted By: Xman

Re: rattlesnake - 02/26/13 12:04 AM

That's good news about Coleman. When do they usually begin to get active? Should I pack my snake boots?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: rattlesnake - 02/26/13 12:39 AM

Coleman is just like any other county in west/central Texas. rattlers are common but not any more so than any other county.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum