Texas Hunting Forum

Are you sick of the price gouging?

Posted By: nice shot

Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:10 PM

Maybe you noticed the $70 pmags, the $250 LPK, or even the $450 cheap a_s detroit lower thats stripped or all the other thieves who are trying to capitalize off of people. . . Now its my turn to turn the tables on you crooks.

www.redxarms.com has pmags, lpk's and other AR parts. mags are at $19.00 a piece and lpk at $60.00 (last I checked they used spikes and RRA). They have tons of magpul furniture, lots of different parts for the AR.

If you have a problem with redx, I'd like to know when you used one of their rifles. I have two and run them both a lot harder than my colt I use at work. . . never had one issue with them. My colt at work is a finicky little brat and only eats certain ammo.

So anyways, enjoy the find I found for the real people out there. Crooks feel free to cry yourself to sleep. . .
Posted By: Kae006

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:23 PM

:sigh: Another "price gouging" post
Posted By: Hunter_812

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:28 PM

People willing to spend more than what you value something, that drives the price is not price gouging.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:29 PM

LOL, yea but mine is to help people avoid it.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:33 PM

Problem is the freaks will buy that sight out too and repeat the whole process.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:35 PM

Its supply and demand bro. Economics 101. Next subject please.
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:51 PM

I guess he doesn't believe in capitalism.
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 05:51 PM

And everything they have for sale anyone would want is sold out by the way.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: caddokiller
I guess he doesn't believe in capitalism.

Could not have said it better.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:01 PM

he's mad because he didn't buy those things before the demand went up, up and away!!!!!!!

its called capitalism. Your type of folk complain that everything is too high....land is too high, trucks are too high, steaks are too high.

Write a letter to obama and get him to regulate the price of AR parts and accessories

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:04 PM

Nope, I believe in capitalism, I just dont believe in price gouging and making a mess of the firearms industry. There is a proposal, thats all, the actuall bill hasnt been put on the floor. . . yet we already have the panic and the hysterics of an AWB because of the price gouging and the people who are jacking the prices up.

So let me get this straight. people support the 2nd ammendment, and they want proposals like this to be rejected. . . how do you expect to get a strong backing of 2nd ammendment supporters when such a small group of gun owners are cornering the market and making it impossible for everyone to get their hands on a gun? I'd rather have 100 people with an AR vs 10 people with 10 AR's, which is what is happeneing here and on every other gun site.

And people are worried about fienstein. . . Im more worried about my fellow gun owners damaging the industry vs her old [censored].

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:07 PM

I've got all my guns, long long ago. Before Obama was president for the most part.

I've also got my truck and we raise our own animals. . . . "My type of folk" are realistic. Plain and simple. This goes beyond capitalism. . . But I guess if you feel better about yourself for trying to jack the price of an AR up through the roof then go for it. More power to you. Sleep well as a thief.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:33 PM

Probably a government employee or union. The thief comment basically spells out the intelligence of who posted this.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, its thievery because of the whole taking advantage of people issue.

Fear not, I'll change my ways to cater to yall. So I'll be the sole owner of all the ammunition in the world. I will be selling it at $2M a round. Let me know how much you want.

Seems pretty ridiculous right?

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:40 PM

Nice Shot.

You do not get it. Not trying to be rude. Prices are deemed by what other people are WILLING to pay for an item. It is not about the individual selling them being a thief. If you sell your house and ask 250K for a 200K house and it sits on the market for 2 years, then its not worth what you are asking. If you sell that 200K house for 175K in 3 days then you are giving it away.

It is call fair market value or capitalism. Why does it have to be one extreme or the other in your mind?
Posted By: AlaskaCub

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:43 PM

People are as predictable as sheep! This AR ordeal has to be the biggest most ridiculous pile of chit I have ever seen , seriously! I laughed at all the guys that did this chit back in 08/09 when dummy got elected and now I am laughing even louder cuz its even worse this go around. I bought an AR about a month ago just cuz I thought it might fit a niche, decided not to go too cheap so I got a Colt. I shot maybe 40 rounds through it, killed a nice 8pt buck with it and thought yeah its kinda cool but it was not the be all end all of anything to me. As soon as the prices sky rocketed after that douche bag shot them kids in Conn I put it up for sale and sold it for $2200 and bought a real nice hunting rifle with the profits. Didn't need an AR back in 08/09 and don't really need an AR right now. This panic purchasing that is going on is absolutely retarded and unnecessary at every level, but to each their own, its their panic....and their money so deal with both as you see fit.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: nice shot

I've also got my truck and we raise our own animals. . . . "My type of folk" are realistic. Plain and simple. This goes beyond capitalism. . . But I guess if you feel better about yourself for trying to jack the price of an AR up through the roof then go for it. More power to you. Sleep well as a thief.

ok...so what your saying is the sale of ammo and AR accessories should be regulated in regards to price, right?

if thats the case then they will also regulate, when, where, and how much a person can buy.

Forget that noise
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
People are as predictable as sheep! This AR ordeal has to be the biggest most ridiculous pile of chit I have ever seen , seriously! I laughed at all the guys that did this chit back in 08/09 when dummy got elected and now I am laughing even louder cuz its even worse this go around. I bought an AR about a month ago just cuz I thought it might fit a niche, decided not to go too cheap so I got a Colt. I shot maybe 40 rounds through it, killed a nice 8pt buck with it and thought yeah its kinda cool but it was not the be all end all of anything to me. As soon as the prices sky rocketed after that douche bag shot them kids in Conn I put it up for sale and sold it for $2200 and bought a real nice hunting rifle with the profits. Didn't need an AR back in 08/09 and don't really need an AR right now. This panic purchasing that is going on is absolutely retarded and unnecessary at every level, but to each their own, its their panic....and their money so deal with both as you see fit.

Dang it, again your making sense. Please stop it, the ammo hoarding is whats making me nuts. People just freaking out about ammo, aye yie yie. Damn Obamas sold more guns than he'll ever get rid of.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:55 PM

I get that, thats how I was raised (its worth what someone will pay not what you think its worth). In this situation it seems like people are their own worst enemy.

There is no AWB, there is only a proposal. People are jacking the prices up over the fear of something that hasn't happened. I highly doubt the house will allow it to leave the floor. That being said, Im not the communist most of you think I am. Im just calling people out for the price gouging. Its unnecessary, and all its doing is creating a fear in the firearms world by starting this faux rush to grab everything people can grab. If everyone just relaxed and carried on as normal, the industry would be able to keep up, people wouldn't pay exorbitant prices. Heck I just paid $10.00 per pmag less than a month ago, now they are around $50.00 a piece. And before anyone goes and blames the government or obama and his minions, its not their fault, this is a mess that was created by people who are creating this "fear" in order to fatten their own pockets.

Maybe im not clear, maybe I am. Everyone I've talked to about this face to face has agreed with me. . . . I tend to have a problem getting my point across on the internet. . . . sorry if I came off the wrong way.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub

Dang it, again your making sense. Please stop it, the ammo hoarding is whats making me nuts. People just freaking out about ammo, aye yie yie. Damn Obamas sold more guns than he'll ever get rid of.

Believe it or not I met with a dealer at Saxet and he had a picture of Obama behind his booth. My dad asked him why the hell he had a picture of that sh_t bird and he laughed and said "this jack a_s has sold more guns for me than any employee I have ever had!

Really did make a lot of sense

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 07:00 PM

He helped me buy a Rem CDL Stainless Fluted 257 Weatherby.......Thanks Obama!!!!

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

ok...so what your saying is the sale of ammo and AR accessories should be regulated in regards to price, right?

if thats the case then they will also regulate, when, where, and how much a person can buy.

Forget that noise

My god, you really do love an argument dont ya? It doesnt have anything to do with regulating. Its a simple statement, people who are jacking the prices up and are creating this fear are the problem. When, in any of my posts, have you ever read anything about me calling for the regulation of anything by the government? The government is the last thing I want involved with ANYTHING. Especially firearms.
Posted By: Lazy L

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 08:01 PM

I am more interested in who is buying all these guns. Most people I know wont buy one right now beacuse of the price hike and if you are looking to buy another one I am sure you will wait like a normal person for prices to go back to normal. Will anyone here admit you have purchased one recently and paid the high price tag?

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 08:03 PM

In the market for a mini 14 for yotes but not at theses prices. I will wait
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 09:08 PM

supply and demand not thieves popcorn
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

Forget that noise

My god, you really do love an argument dont ya? It doesnt have anything to do with regulating. Its a simple statement, people who are jacking the prices up and are creating this fear are the problem. When, in any of my posts, have you ever read anything about me calling for the regulation of anything by the government? The government is the last thing I want involved with ANYTHING. Especially firearms.

So what about magazines and ARs on Gunbroker that start at $.01 without a reserve and they sell for 2-5x MSRP? I guess the seller of these auctions are taking advantage of people and making them bid?!?! You need to get real.
Posted By: Team By-God

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 11:12 PM

I'm sick of the lack of supply. Got a trip planned for Dallas in 2 weeks maybe someone there has reloading components. We don't have a big selection in Odessa/Midland especially these days.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/01/13 11:22 PM

I personally dont see it as price gouging in a lot of cases. Sure some of this is but if people are willing to pay it, its not gouging. Its no different than buying a house, a car, jewelery, etc. what it sells for is what the market is dictating. Lots of no reserve auctions on gun broker with a starting bid of .01 and people running it up from there. Most dealers have not really changed prices unless the cost to them changed and in that case, why shouldnt they. I have seen some dealers marking it way up and saying they want to sell it but if they do sell it they may or may not be able to get a replacement. I would say it is the people buying in a panic causing this. Ar's and ak's are getting scarce on most shelves, ammo almost non existent, mags are gone. Buyers dictate what a seller can get. Now is a sellers market, not a buyers unless you are looking for bolt rifles and shotguns. Most people are to tied up in the panic to watch for those deals but I can tell you there have been plenty.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 12:57 AM

"A fool and his money soon part"

End of story.
Posted By: DMW

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 02:18 AM

YEP!
Posted By: bigpigtx

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight
In the market for a mini 14 for yotes but not at theses prices. I will wait

I've got a mini I've been wanting to sell.
Posted By: Aboud

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Lazy L
I am more interested in who is buying all these guns. Most people I know wont buy one right now beacuse of the price hike and if you are looking to buy another one I am sure you will wait like a normal person for prices to go back to normal. Will anyone here admit you have purchased one recently and paid the high price tag?
I have not paid the high price tag but I guess I fall in the thief category according to nice shot. Buddy came over and we were talking guns and he continually tried to buy my mini 14 target rifle. After saying no 100 times as I had no interest in selling it he pulls out $2500 and I couldn't refuse. Call me a thief, call me a gouger but I couldn't pass that offer up. So the answer is yes people are paying crazy amounts to to get what they WANT and not BEING forced to pay high prices for what they NEED which implys price gouging.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 03:31 AM

Like mentioned before it's supply and demand. Its only gouging if its a product that you HAVE to HAVE to live.
Posted By: dickiedoo

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 03:51 AM

Well with all this being said where is it right for a person to go by a ar style rifle from a store and then double and triple the price and sell to a total stranger in my eyes that's pretty DUMB.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Like mentioned before it's supply and demand. Its only gouging if its a product that you HAVE to HAVE to live.

This^^^ If it bothers anyone then it's their own fault for waiting for the obvious. Those who call it price gouging just had their heads in the sand too long!
Posted By: Western

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 05:41 AM

I dont mid the heads up on a good deal!! if the mags are in stock. I also dont think it's gouging, just taking advantage of a situation. Maybe in the future the guys that paid high for low quality AR's, may or may not have regrets, but then again they could be right.

Next time a "nut job" goes on a "rampage", I hope he uses a slingshot and acorns, I'll get rich selling acorns for ammo, just say'in
Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 06:51 AM

The gun/ammo companis love it im sure
Posted By: GLC

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 01:11 PM

I think that those that are buying now at ridiculous high prices deserve what they get, over inflated valued items. Dont feel sorry for the buyers at all. Not like they are buying necessities of life like food or shelter. We are all supposed to evaluate what our "needs" are and make "wise" decisions when purchasing them. If someone goes a little crazy when buying something it is his or her own fault. We have no responsibility for that. Heck, I may put out my AR 10 for trade on a nice 3 bedroom home, maybe I will get a bite?
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 01:20 PM

I guess yall dont remember what a "pre ban" AR went for during the last ban! IF and thats a big IF there is a ban the "fool" that bought the $800 AR for $1500 will be sitting pretty. And the guy with 100 pmags that paid $12 for will have a ton of extra cash! Just going off what went on last time.
Posted By: Johnny Bone

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/02/13 02:45 PM

Happens everywhere. Happens at some places more than others. It is a real shame too. If folks are worried about your guns and liberties being taken away, I would want to get more out to law bidding citizens , faster to make it harder on the government.
Posted By: Bama2

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 05:12 AM

Prices will be that high until people quit paying them!!

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Team By-God
I'm sick of the lack of supply. Got a trip planned for Dallas in 2 weeks maybe someone there has reloading components. We don't have a big selection in Odessa/Midland especially these days.

I just found a kit I plan on ordering from midway. Cheap single stage. . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Johnny Bone
Happens everywhere. Happens at some places more than others. It is a real shame too. If folks are worried about your guns and liberties being taken away, I would want to get more out to law bidding citizens , faster to make it harder on the government.

Hey becareful with that common sense, your going to offend people and they wil think your some pro union communist. . . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 05:19 AM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip

So what about magazines and ARs on Gunbroker that start at $.01 without a reserve and they sell for 2-5x MSRP? I guess the seller of these auctions are taking advantage of people and making them bid?!?! You need to get real.

You mean the ones with the auto bid set up on them? Ever notice you bid something by even 1$ only to have the same screen name beat you by the exact dollar ammount you just bid. . . . all the way up to the reserve price of the identical item on GB?

Nope, definately no price gouging there. No way to cheat on GB and work the numbers to your favor. . . . its a freaking business genius, its designed to make money for the sellers. . . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Aboud
I have not paid the high price tag but I guess I fall in the thief category according to nice shot. Buddy came over and we were talking guns and he continually tried to buy my mini 14 target rifle. After saying no 100 times as I had no interest in selling it he pulls out $2500 and I couldn't refuse. Call me a thief, call me a gouger but I couldn't pass that offer up. So the answer is yes people are paying crazy amounts to to get what they WANT and not BEING forced to pay high prices for what they NEED which implys price gouging.

Someone paid you $2,500 in cash (US currency) for a Ruger mini14?

I'm so lost for words I dont even know what to say regarding that. . . . I wouldnt pay cash for one, let alone a pay check. . . .
Posted By: Johnny Bone

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Aboud

Someone paid you $2,500 in cash (US currency) for a Ruger mini14?

I'm so lost for words I dont even know what to say regarding that. . . . I wouldnt pay cash for one, let alone a pay check. . . .
Do you still have the mans number who bought said mini 14? I am in the market to unload a few fire arms.
Posted By: CaveManRancher

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 02:53 PM

I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted but come the heck on. It is a FREE market, supply and demand..... If there is a lack of supply and tons of demand and someone is willing to pay your asking price, what the heck is wrong with that? Just because you "KNOW" what the "Fair" price is for an item doesn't mean jack, jack. its funny to me how people think a business should sell their products at cost....or if some how a customer finds out what I paid for something and wants me to sell that item to them at cost...like that's gonna pay employees or the light bill... I dont care if I paid 1 cent for something, if the going price is $50 bucks, guess what? If you didn't buy something and now the price is up and your gripe because you missed your chance..... confused The market on a new firearm is 10 to 15%?! So that retailer had to pay the price of that item, $1,000 let say,and have it sit on his shelf to POSSIBLY make $100 and your upset?! Then the demand skyrockets and supply dwindles and people are willing to pay more...GOOD FOR HIM! It happens with every product on the market. everyone else is giving their 2 cents so there is mine...rant over....maybe
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 03:01 PM

High prices will only last as long as there is someone to pay them. On the flip side, who would sell his product for less than folks are willing to pay?
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 03:02 PM

Free Market or vote Democrat.
Posted By: rowlettmp

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 03:20 PM

The other side of the free market coin is...

While some desperate buyers drive the prices up, other consumers are angerd, refuse to give in to the gouging but have long memories. Price gougers lose valuable life long customers and in the long run, wonder why their business failed. These same suppliers are often the same ones that complain about the big box stores taking all their business. Mean while, those retailers that offered a fair and reasonable price gain consumer confidence and flurish.
Posted By: Chris Barnes

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 05:53 PM

Nope, I believe in capitalism, I just dont believe in price gouging

Then you don't understand what captialism IS.

Under capitalism, there is no such thing as price gouging. It doesn't exist.

Capitalism, BY DEFINITION, means the price is set as high as the market will bear.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/03/13 08:31 PM

Are there any sellers out there proclaiming price gouging?
lol

I'm thankful we live in a free country, where a man can speak his mind without fear of reprisal. I've been fortunate to live long enough to understand that some things are better left unsaid.

IMHO, a price gouging proclamation in a country built on free market principals of supply and demand..............
Posted By: Huntindog

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/04/13 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss

Well said. I was upset the other day because I couldn't find any .223 ammo and another lower and was complaining to my dad out at the lease. I called these guys crooks who were charging $1.00 per round in the Walmart parking lot they just bought it from for .35 cents or $400 for a stripped lower that cost $90 on November 30. He said "This isn't the same thing as someone charging $10 for a gallon of milk or gasoline or water because of a crisis or disaster. Nobody NEEDS .223 ammo or an AR15 to survive today, but they WANT it. Prices will come down when the people who are willing to pay these prices go away." I hate it and love it when he is right and glad my two boys were there to hear it.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/04/13 03:10 AM

its called supply an demand nobody is forcing anyone to pay goofy money for this stuff you dont have to buy it.
Posted By: Misfire

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/05/13 01:05 PM

Nope, I believe in capitalism, I just dont believe in price gouging and making a mess of the firearms industry.

how do you expect to get a strong backing of 2nd ammendment supporters when such a small group of gun owners are cornering the market and making it impossible for everyone to get their hands on a gun? I'd rather have 100 people with an AR vs 10 people with 10 AR's, which is what is happeneing here and on every other gun site.

And people are worried about fienstein. . . Im more worried about my fellow gun owners damaging the industry vs her old [censored].

Where are you getting this information from? If anything this looming firearms ban scare has encouraged a lot of people to go out and buy guns that otherwise wouldn't have. It was reported last week that over 2.8 million background checks were ran for new firearm purchases during the month of December. This broke all previous records and doesn't even include private sales. It is a lot more than just a few greedy gun owners clearing off the shelves.

It's pretty well known at my workplace that I'm an avid shooter. Over the past few weeks I bet I've been approached by 10 different non-gun owners that want to know which gun they should buy before they are banned. Most all of then were interested in picking up an ar or ak.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/05/13 03:28 PM

Nope, I believe in capitalism, I just dont believe in price gouging

Would you prefer government regulate prices, profits, and distribution of non essential goods when demand excedes supply? Be careful what you wish for.
Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/05/13 03:54 PM

the price gouging doesn't bother me, I figure it's supply and demand and people have a right to put whatever price they want on an item, it's my decission if I want to pay that price or not.
Posted By: Old_School

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/05/13 04:29 PM

I was in the market for an AR and a sidearm. Future work plans dictate that I invest in a quality pistol, so I am at the mercy of need. However, the AR being less of a priority, has been pushed to the back burner until sanity returns to the marketplace. In a capitalist system, it falls on the purchaser to be a wise and informed consumer. 2cents
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/05/13 06:51 PM

Looks like lowers are starting to cool down a little on gunbroker. Still way to high, but several to be had for under $300. Been bidding on some of the sub $200 ones trying to sneak one in.
Posted By: claimbuster

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 07:46 AM

I sold 24 new and used 30 rd magazines at an average price of $28 each. People were jumping all over them and I didn't have to force anyone to buy from me.

Last spring when we were moving I listed them on several forums at $9 just to get rid of them. Nobody wanted them at that price. So I boxed them up and put them in the truck.

What can I say? I am still deciding what I'll do with the last nine I will be getting rid of. I'll list them; however, I think some of the panic is cooling off.

I don't use 30's. My AR's are mostly shot off benches so 5's or 10's are enough for my use.
Posted By: Roo Basher

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 08:24 AM

In Casper, Wyoming there is a Ford dealership, they have a 2nd sticker on every car they sell. About 4 out of 10 people pay full sticker, 6 out of 10 don't.

I sold Fords for a couple months while waiting for another job to open up, it kept me off welfare, but it isn't much of a life being an auto salesman. Not my kind of work anyway.

For 4 out of 10 people the market bore full retail, plus "Fair Wyoming Markup".

People buying at these prices are part of that 40%.
Posted By: Roo Basher

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 08:25 AM

I should say People buying ARs at these prices are that same 40%, they either don't care, don't think to ask for a discount, or have the money that it's not an issue for them.
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 01:20 PM

At Midnight I won an Aero Precision Lower on gunbroker for $180. Is it more that what it should be, Yes. Am I willing to pay it to build an AR for my wife, Yes! I would rather have it, than at some point down the road be told I can't. Might buy another one.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 02:17 PM

OP...you are clueless and have no concept of "capitalism" or "supply & demand". Items are worth what the consumer is willing to pay. Whether a dealer lists an item at $100 or $1,000 if someone is willing to pay the asking price then so be it. It's worth that price. Consumers set the prices (based on what they are willing to pay). It's your money...walk away if you not willing to pay the asking price...no one is forcing you to buy the item. If you still don't like it then go start your own shop and set your own prices...quit your silly whinning!
Posted By: centexrancher

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 04:53 PM

I like shooting my Smith M&P but sure am tempted to convert it to cash. That said, I think all this panic is silly.
Posted By: ChipChipperson45

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 09:14 PM

Supply and demand. These rifles aren't bread and water. It's a luxury item. Why should someone sell them for less than the current market rate?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/06/13 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: ChipChipperson45
Supply and demand. These rifles aren't bread and water. It's a luxury item. Why should someone sell them for less than the current market rate?
Yep. We aren't talking about needed staples. Now, I was a little insulted at the gunshow yesterday when a guy asked me $70 for a $30 magazine, but its his right to ask what he wants.
Posted By: PolishTexan

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/09/13 05:39 AM

It really annoys me when I go to Academy and I can't even find 22 ammo. Really. These sheep think 22 ammo will be banned? Smh
Posted By: Jacobst54

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 05:56 PM

To answer the question, yes I'm SICK of price gouging. Always wanted a cheap little AR to make my own, but now that's completely out of the question
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 06:33 PM

Just saw an article about Wal Mart saying they are not going to restock ammo until they find out what the gov. is going to do. Wonder if they know something we don't? Don't think this is going away soon especially with the Ban by Executive Order tag being thrown around.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 06:44 PM

This argument happens on this forum very regularly.

Usually it's in the form of GREEDY LANDOWNERS charging OUTRAGEOUS rates to lease their land out to hunters. Even though most of of the time there is a line of people waiting to pay those rates and happy to do so.

Now it's PRICE GOUGING on assault rifles and ammo? Even though there's a line of people waiting to happily pay those prices.

Very simple example of Demand > Supply. Both cases.
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00

Usually it's in the form of GREEDY LANDOWNERS charging OUTRAGEOUS rates to lease their land out to hunters. Even though most of of the time there is a line of people waiting to pay those rates and happy to do so.

Now it's PRICE GOUGING on assault rifles and ammo? Even though there's a line of people waiting to happily pay those prices.

The only problem I have with current supply and demand are people feeding the hype with certain catch frazes such as....

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
LAST ONES MADE BEFORE THE IMPENDING BAN!!!!

People can sell stuff for what ever they want...but when the guy at the gun counter at Academy here in Austin tells me there are a couple of guys who are drawing unemployment who know the shipping dates they get stuff in and are camped out in lawn chairs to buy any AR's so they can put them on gun broker and they had to start putting the 9mm & .223/556 behind the counter to keep these guys from scooping it all into a shopping cart.....

I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THAT!

If your waiting to get an AR and have a work schedule where you can do that - then more power to you!

If your drawing a check and your camped out so that you can resell and exploit the hype - and exploit a store thats not charging over market prices.....THEN F*&% YOU!

I didnt believe him so he told me to drive by on one of their shipping days at 6am....Sure enough their they were in lawn chairs with coffee!

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 07:06 PM

If everyone would quit buying the crap for these ridiculous prices they would come down, its simple economics. But the sheep cant do that, the sky is falling , the sky is falling, I'll never get one again, they'll never be available again...its insane how easy it is for panic and hysteria to set in amongst humans.
Posted By: Legal Enough

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 07:47 PM

Definition of price gouging:
"a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair."
Guess what guys "gouging" is an form of capitalism.

I think it is a good idea for members here to let each other know about good deals out there.

This appeared nice shot's idea from what I read, he just went about it in a rude way. He at least offered up some good deals.

One thing I have learned is that for some THF is no band of brothers.
For others it is a brotherhood, and maybe it should be.

We are all in this together.
I love the debate guys, name calling is playground stuff.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 08:34 PM

I'm not sick of it, because I'm not participating in it.

no doubt, Obama and his crew are going to ban AR15 and other similar rifles. They're going to ban high capacity magazines...

are they going to ban 22 long rifle ammo too? I doubt it... I'm not going to get sucked into this paranoia on the ammo supply.

It's like the Y2K scare, people pulling their retirement out andbuying barrels of flour and water. How'd that go for them?
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 10:00 PM

Obama is going to screw around and find out that dog really has a nasty bite.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 10:04 PM

We will all know more tommorrow when the messiah surrounds himself with children and reads his 19 executive orders.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/15/13 10:05 PM

supply and demand....dnt hate tha playa hate tha game
Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 01:53 AM

Doesn't hurt my feelings to see people selling off bolt actions to finance ARs. I can always use a new bolt action.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 02:43 AM

Yup...supply n demand

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 03:00 AM

Reminds me of moms trying desperately to find Cabbage Patch Kids or Beanie Babies. It's not so much that they really need one, but just knowing they have what they feel everyone else wants.
Posted By: vanguard

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 04:40 AM

well its about to pass obama will not try to ban black rifles tommorow he knows its futile and would quickly be stopped by court order and he cant get it passed through congress. he will just blame it on the republicans
Posted By: PolishTexan

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 04:57 AM

Amen,,,,,
Posted By: bigpigtx

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 10:53 AM

A couple of threads over there's guys selling white tail for ten grand and we're crying like babies over a $40 PMAG.

"Gouging" yah suure.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 12:46 PM

I sure hope our gov't doesn't ban assault weapons. That's treating the symptom, not the disease. It might appease the masses, for a little while, but it does not alleviate the problem.

I just still can't imagine, and am not ready to accept, that the people would actually let our gov't ban assault rifles. I still don't think it's going to happen. High cap mags, probably so.

On another note, I have some extra ammo for sale.

500 rounds of Winchester .223 FMJ, asking. $2,000. Pm me if interested.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: deewayne2003

The only problem I have with current supply and demand are people feeding the hype with certain catch frazes such as....

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!

People can sell stuff for what ever they want...but when the guy at the gun counter at Academy here in Austin tells me there are a couple of guys who are drawing unemployment who know the shipping dates they get stuff in and are camped out in lawn chairs to buy any AR's so they can put them on gun broker and they had to start putting the 9mm & .223/556 behind the counter to keep these guys from scooping it all into a shopping cart.....

If your waiting to get an AR and have a work schedule where you can do that - then more power to you!

If your drawing a check and your camped out so that you can resell and exploit the hype - and exploit a store thats not charging over market prices.....THEN F*&% YOU!

I didnt believe him so he told me to drive by on one of their shipping days at 6am....Sure enough their they were in lawn chairs with coffee!

Don't have a problem with any of the above you mentioned, as a: there plain and simply isn't a big problem with welfare recipients cornering the market; and b. you're totally ignoring the other side of the situation: A bunch of people over buy during the run up thinking it won't end, and then are stuck with a ton of inventory they can't unload at their own cost. These people profiteering are not without risk in this.

The current political climate is a very real threat to ARs and ammo prices. The market is behaving as it should. You think you'd be so mad right now if by chance you had scooped up 10 ARs and 20,000 rounds a few months ago in anticipation? People long guns and ammo are doing nicely right now.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 01:10 PM

Isn't saying black rifles gun racism? I mean thats implying their bad and you can't say that about people.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 01:47 PM

It is amazing to see ammo double (or more) in price and some guys call it capitalism. If you can afford it or do not need any that is easy to say. When it hits 10x-20x the price what will it be then?
I like the idea that some have shared, just don't but it and the prices will come back down. But I am afraid that is never going to happen.
I also tried to get ammo at Academy early one morning. The hoarders that were there with blankets and chairs overnight made it clear that they where buying everything available. Although they acted like they were on some black-ops secret mission, I discovered their intents after a while. My God, they hate people asking questions.
We are only a very small group here at TWF, it is going to be hard to make much impact.
Has anyone else seen any good deals out there?
Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 02:03 PM

Prices will come down as time goes by....Obama will not get very far on gun control. Market forces are driving the costs and prices right now but in 8 months to a year it all will be back to normal. Supplies have to increase for the prices to come back to reality.......

Obama has bigger worries right now as the debt ceiling will be in the headlines for months to come and not gun control. Dog and pony show will be done then it will fade into the night like a bad haircut........

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 02:13 PM

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!

Don't have a problem with any of the above you mentioned, as a: there plain and simply isn't a big problem with welfare recipients cornering the market; and b. you're totally ignoring the other side of the situation: A bunch of people over buy during the run up thinking it won't end, and then are stuck with a ton of inventory they can't unload at their own cost. These people profiteering are not without risk in this.

The current political climate is a very real threat to ARs and ammo prices. The market is behaving as it should. You think you'd be so mad right now if by chance you had scooped up 10 ARs and 20,000 rounds a few months ago in anticipation? People long guns and ammo are doing nicely right now.

I didnt say welfare I said UNEMPLOYEEMENT!

OH AND YES I DID STOCK UP MONTHS BACK!

If you bought months before this and are selling then good for you.....but I bet if you bought months ago your not standing infront of academy at 6am dreaming of everything you can post on gunbroker (or this forum) an hour after you get home.

BUT the market is being kept where it is because of the "campers" infront of stores buying simply to resale....

If they are buying at regular prices and have stockpiles left over they are NOT HURT ONE BIT!!!! ..they still have enventory at fair retail price!

The other side is the man who had no use for a AR-15 but now that his golf buddies have them and he doesnt he wants to buy 5 at $3,000 each he may be stuck with 5 rifle that he has never fired and over paid for......and I have NO SIMPATHY just like the guy who will be sitting on 10,000rnd of .223 going "well at least i can shoot it"

If there wasnt a problem with people snatching up everything stores like academy and selling it online for a profit - then why are stores in Austin limiting people to 300rnds of 9mm and and 1 Pmag per customer and keeping them behind the counter!

This speaks volumes for the ethics of Academy and one of the reasons why I shop there!

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 02:21 PM

I think (hope) you are right. As things have only gotten worse over the last month it is hard to be too positive.
I am sure there will be another surge in demand after Obummer does his proposal on gun legislation today.
We only hope he does not pull any executive decisions.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 02:47 PM

If you bought months before this and are selling then good for you.....but I bet if you bought months ago your not standing infront of academy at 6am dreaming of everything you can post on gunbroker (or this forum) an hour after you get home.

BUT the market is being kept where it is because of the "campers" infront of stores buying simply to resale....

If they are buying at regular prices and have stockpiles left over they are NOT HURT ONE BIT!!!! ..they still have enventory at fair retail price!

The other side is the man who had no use for a AR-15 but now that his golf buddies have them and he doesnt he wants to buy 5 at $3,000 each he may be stuck with 5 rifle that he has never fired and over paid for......and I have NO SIMPATHY just like the guy who will be sitting on 10,000rnd of .223 going "well at least i can shoot it"

If there wasnt a problem with people snatching up everything stores like academy and selling it online for a profit - then why are stores in Austin limiting people to 300rnds of 9mm and and 1 Pmag per customer and keeping them behind the counter!

This speaks volumes for the ethics of Academy and one of the reasons why I shop there!

The stores don't want people doing that because they want to be able to service all of the customers and they know there is a higher street value currently than their shelf value. It's not worth it for a store like Academy to piss its loyal customers off by gouging them.

The point remains, however, and you're just not grasping it: The people camping and scooping up inventory to resell at higher prices are just a subset of the market as a whole. Same thing happens with Xboxes, dolls, Iphones, etc. You don't get to decide who spends their money opportunistically because they think prices will continue to rise. They don't get to decide when the bubbles pops, and yes, many of them will be left holding devalued inventory if the ban doesn't go through.

Sorry it's inconvenient. Sorry you don't like people trying to make a buck by buying low, selling high. That's the American way and it has been for years. This just happens to be a particular segment that strikes you personally. Were you similarly enraged when people were scooping up Cabbage Patch Kids dolls?

It's not going to last forever. Or if some severe ban is passed, these people will end up looking very smart.
Posted By: m.sherman

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 02:52 PM

all markets have thier ups and down sellers market right now
give it a few months maybe even 6 months and all those people that have went out and over paid are in for a real eye opener
plus they will always be those people looking to dump the gun that they have over paid for so it all works out

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 04:32 PM

The stores don't want people doing that because they want to be able to service all of the customers and they know there is a higher street value currently than their shelf value. It's not worth it for a store like Academy to piss its loyal customers off by gouging them.

The point remains, however, and you're just not grasping it: The people camping and scooping up inventory to resell at higher prices are just a subset of the market as a whole. Same thing happens with Xboxes, dolls, Iphones, etc. You don't get to decide who spends their money opportunistically because they think prices will continue to rise. They don't get to decide when the bubbles pops, and yes, many of them will be left holding devalued inventory if the ban doesn't go through.

Sorry it's inconvenient. Sorry you don't like people trying to make a buck by buying low, selling high. That's the American way and it has been for years. This just happens to be a particular segment that strikes you personally. Were you similarly enraged when people were scooping up Cabbage Patch Kids dolls?

It's not going to last forever. Or if some severe ban is passed, these people will end up looking very smart.

I have a degree in marketing so believe me I have a grasp on the market; you are correct it is no different then beenie baby's

These are not the people who are buying low and selling high that I speak of, that would meen that they bought at market rate before demand and then sold as demand increase.

IF YOU BUY AT RETAIL AND THE MARKET GOES DOWN YOU STILL HAVE MERCHANDISE WORTH RETAIL!!!!! ....thats what you are not grasping.

If I were to walk into academy and buy 5 mags at $15 each and the minute I walk out the store this situation does a complete reversal and EVERY store in the country magically has them on the shelf for $15.....GUESS WHAT-

I WOULD STILL HAVE RETAIL VALUE IN MY 5 MAGS.
Therefore the people scooping things up because they are camped out are in NO DANGER of loosing money- worst case senario is they have alot of stuff at current retail value - which is exactly what they paid for it!

The only people taking risk are the ones buying at inflated prices.

This is a free country- but im not buying your

"People who camp out while your at work and then try to sell for 300% profit are doing the GREAT AMERICAN THING TO DO!"

"Thats the American way!" (just like sub-prime mortgages)

version of it

So yes I am fully grasping the subset of the market as a whole...and that subset is having a disproportional effect on the market as a whole!

Oh and its not strikeing me personally one bit because I bought what I wanted and then some taking risk before the panic hit....

And yes the beenie babys did anger me- when people where buying the happy meals at McDonalds for the toys - 20meals at a time and throwing perfectly good food in the trash so they could keep the $0.25 toy!
Posted By: Edjk

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 07:34 PM

Are markets rational?
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 08:39 PM

Been going on in the fuel industry since Moby Dick was a minnow. You gonna be mad when the prices come down and you can't sell what you have. Price gouging to me is when there is some type of emergency and people having to buy are taken advantage of, not high pricing because of high demand.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 08:52 PM

This unneccessary fear and panic purchasing is bad for everyone. People who just want to shoot a new rifle cant even find ammo, and I am not talking about black rifles Im talking bolt action rifles in .223,.308,etc. Its also bad for the guy that gets stuck with chit he paid way too much money for that he cant get his money out of, or the guy that overinvested thinking he would flip it for a profit. This will soon pass, Obummer didnt have the balls to sign an EO that affected chit by way of guns TODAY, he passed the buck to congress who isnt gonna do chit! Worse case scenario is the old AWB and 10 rd mags are the max. None of those in the house or senate are gonna step into this poopoo and piss off the very people that vote them in. This isnt a repub vs dem thing, this is an American thing. Hang tight and the price gouging will cease and when the supply chain catches up things will be back to normal. If youre sitting on a $600 AR that you think you are gonna get $2,000 for you better think twice, and get out of it what you can while you still can!
Posted By: GuidedHunter

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 09:20 PM

I am going nuts with this BS high priced crap. I almost punched a guy that tried to sell me a Pmag for 65 bucks. And my Friend just asked me if I wanted to by his "tactical" MINI 14 for $2,400... give me a flipping break. If i could cuss I would.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: GuidedHunter
I am going nuts with this BS high priced crap. I almost punched a guy that tried to sell me a Pmag for 65 bucks. And my Friend just asked me if I wanted to by his "tactical" MINI 14 for $2,400... give me a flipping break. If i could cuss I would.

If you don't like their prices, move on. Pretty simple.
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 10:02 PM

Everything we see skyrocketing is a COMMODITY. Demand creates the price, and the market takes over from there. It may suck that you want something but can't afford it, but wait a bit and things will come down as supply ramps up. I have no ill will at all to anybody who asks a price and then gets it. I've already had offers on my AR for over 1200 but figure that's too low-and I don't feel bad about thinking that way.

The pressure point in this situation is the fear that a ban will happen before folks can get what they want. It's classic free market.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 10:06 PM

I would be very surprised if manufacturers are not running 24/7 right now trying to cash in on the current demand and prices. If (when) no ban comes about in the near future there should be a pretty good surplus in supply and lots of good deals to be had.

When that happens probably be a good idea to buy up a little extra of whatever you need.

Anybody that is running short on what they need right now should have paid attention when this same thing happened in 2008. If they had they wouldn't be forced to pay stupid prices right now.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/16/13 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: chalet
I would be very surprised if manufacturers are not running 24/7 right now trying to cash in on the current demand and prices.

But that in itself makes you wonder if overall production quality is not suffering as a result.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 12:20 AM

True, but you'd still think they have QC procedures in place.
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 01:59 AM

Wow-talk about looking for something to worry about! These companies have a reputation to protect, why would they tarnish it now? Do you just go out of your way to worry about stuff?

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 02:26 AM

[/quote]

I have a degree in marketing so believe me I have a grasp on the market; you are correct it is no different then beenie baby's

These are not the people who are buying low and selling high that I speak of, that would meen that they bought at market rate before demand and then sold as demand increase.

IF YOU BUY AT RETAIL AND THE MARKET GOES DOWN YOU STILL HAVE MERCHANDISE WORTH RETAIL!!!!! ....thats what you are not grasping.

If I were to walk into academy and buy 5 mags at $15 each and the minute I walk out the store this situation does a complete reversal and EVERY store in the country magically has them on the shelf for $15.....GUESS WHAT-

I WOULD STILL HAVE RETAIL VALUE IN MY 5 MAGS.
Therefore the people scooping things up because they are camped out are in NO DANGER of loosing money- worst case senario is they have alot of stuff at current retail value - which is exactly what they paid for it!

The only people taking risk are the ones buying at inflated prices.

This is a free country- but im not buying your

"People who camp out while your at work and then try to sell for 300% profit are doing the GREAT AMERICAN THING TO DO!"

"Thats the American way!" (just like sub-prime mortgages)

version of it

So yes I am fully grasping the subset of the market as a whole...and that subset is having a disproportional effect on the market as a whole!

Oh and its not strikeing me personally one bit because I bought what I wanted and then some taking risk before the panic hit....

And yes the beenie babys did anger me- when people where buying the happy meals at McDonalds for the toys - 20meals at a time and throwing perfectly good food in the trash so they could keep the $0.25 toy!

So you advocate some sort of regulation where the American people can't do with their time and money what they want? You still haven't rationalized why someone shouldn't be able to go somewhere and use their own money to buy what they want.

Guess what: I have a very stable job making a lot of money and I could leave during the day and buy all the ammo of the shelves. Why shouldn't I? If I'm worried I won't be able to get it in the future, why on earth shouldn't I get it now?

The end result of every rational argument is that the current environment suggests a massive shortfall in supply. It's not people on unemployment, it's not some situation that's grossly unfair. It's the market acting how it should. There simply isn't enough supply for current demand so you're either going to have to get lucky or buy from someone selling at a much higher price.

That's how it's supposed to work.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 06:39 AM

I can't wait for the screaming from those that paid way too much for the gun they could not afford in the first place. When the prices start coming down, they will be the first ones screaming about why they can't get what they paid for it because the prices are too low.

Reverse Price Gouging!! up

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pyledriver
Wow-talk about looking for something to worry about! These companies have a reputation to protect, why would they tarnish it now? Do you just go out of your way to worry about stuff?

Are you talking to me? I'm not worried about a whole lot right now.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 06:52 PM

Academy has been great. They could be price gouging like a lot of people are. But they have not raised prices on guns and ammo. Limiting has been a good thing.
These guys buying everything and then reselling at the gun show sure makes it tough for anyone just wanting go shoot some, maybe limiting will slow them down.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 07:01 PM

This whole thread is a waste of space. It's not price gouging, no one is making anyone pay these prices. Period!!! It is very simple and I don't understand how small minded people can be.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 10:47 PM

Speaking of small minded:
It is amazing to me to see people keep a thread going by saying it is a waste of space, or what this again, or please no more, or let it die. When in fact they are posting and keeping a thread going, DUH!
Posted By: don k

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 11:20 PM

It is not price gouging if you don't buy it. Wait a few weeks and see what the prices are then.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/17/13 11:38 PM

First rule of thumb, always follow the bucks....but all of those who seem to take all of this rather complacently, I'd say, wait a
year and see just how bad it can get...We are a Democracy, anyone
can sell their products for any price they choose..one doesn't have to purchase...But our bunch in DC has everyone looking the other way while the Country is Bankrupt, and over Taxed, and over
Regulated..I do object to the use of Children to wrap around their little presentation...DD
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/18/13 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Legal Enough
It is amazing to me to see people keep a thread going by saying it is a waste of space, or what this again, or please no more, or let it die. When in fact they are posting and keeping a thread going, DUH!

It's a forum for opinions Jackie.DUH!!!!
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/18/13 02:50 AM

Maybe this will be like the housing market and people who received loans for houses they could never pay. We can help pay for the guns and ammo they could not afford but felt they had to own. Only difference is in item purchased. And since the Second Amendment is ambiguous to many they can say they were forced to buy a weapon and it is not their fault they bought way over their means. Now all of Detroit will be armed except those who are old and feeble.
Posted By: add147

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/18/13 04:03 PM

Here's my take...I figure if someone is dumb enough to spend $2500 on a gun that usually sells for $600 - $800 more power to them. I honestly doubt that they will get their money back out of their investment.

As far as the seller is concerned it is called opportunity. I would be willing to say that if anyone had a few extra ARs in their possession and they had to opportunity to sell a few to triple or quadruple their money they would do it in a heart beat.

Capitalism is what built this country. No one is holding a gun to these peoples heads making them buy firearms at these prices.

Just my humble opinion for what its worth.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/18/13 08:01 PM

No, I think I must enjoy it, keep coming back for more.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/19/13 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Legal Enough

I get a chuckle out of the ones who ask the mods to lock a thread, as if there is no other way to keep them from reading each new post. If it were a vocal discussion, I guess they would cover their ears and keep screaming "blah, blah, blah" to keep from hearing it.
Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/20/13 01:36 AM

When the government is using scare tactics to drive prices up to a price that is unafordable to the common man, we're not talking capitalism. I went to a gun show today. I have never seen the quantity of black guns I saw today. The supply is the same as it was 3 months ago. Take a course in economics if you think we're talking supply side economics.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/20/13 05:33 AM

I love the people who tqalk such a big game on here and act tuff like they haveballs made of steel, when this is meerely a discussion forum.

I believe in capitalism. . . I think price gouging is wrong. . . dont know how many different ways I can say that. Maybe I need to find a google translator app to translate it to as_hole so some of you can translate it.

Apparently, I'm the minority, which is odd because Im sitting here about to post where I just picked up an aluminum lower for $65 on "back order" and got it in the mail, at my front door, 3.5 weeks later. . . .cost me $73 bucks after shipping. . .

But its cool, stick to your guns about the whole "wait three weeks and quit complaining". Good luck with that.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/20/13 05:58 AM

Stupid question: Won't the demand go down in a few months and the supply be good or up then?
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/20/13 03:58 PM

No answer?
Posted By: Payne

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? - 01/20/13 04:06 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum