Texas Hunting Forum

Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware

Posted By: aussie1

Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 04:09 PM

Let me start by saying not all landowners act like this guy does. I'm just giving y'all a heads up with my experience with him.

Yes I'm sure some will come in here and stroke his ego so they will continue to hunt for free. I hope y'all can see through all of that. This Is My Experience with this Tool. So before anyone pops off we'll nip this in the bud.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...lem#Post2115772

He comes across as a cool guy letting people come to hunt for free blah blah blah. He even let my son and I check the place out and hunt for "free" the last weekend of quail season 2010 after me buying the guy breakfast.

He starts off by saying that he won't sign a contract that his hand shake is enough. Tells us what he expects blah blah blah. I didn't think too much about this but was still somewhat skeptical. As it turns out we find out why he can't sign a contract.

Paid him the 750 for the lease after negotiating for Sept dove hunting all of October for archery and all of January and February for the quail. We walked around for about an hour and worked the dog a little and left the place with high hopes. Notice in the first thread he started where he said it wasn't about the money. Yeah right

"It's not about the $$$$ I see that alot of guys go on day leases or weekend hunts that are 300 to 500 for the weekend" quote from the thread.

Now before we even got to go back and scout and look for stand placement areas he turns into the flake that he is. I contacted him via phone and he says "who are you"? Really? You can't even remember who someone is after them giving you 750 dollars? Big red flag for me. Then after I refresh his memory he says oh yea did you pay in full and what were the terms? Really? Big red flag #2. Then proceeds to tell me that he lost all his phone numbers. Gave him the benefit of the doubt it happens.

Fast forward to the drought conditions of last year. Before we went down in September I call him to let him know what was going on. He was like oh I lost your number again (RED FLAG #4) but I've paid out this much in protein and corn. While sympathetic we didn't have any feed in the deal as part of us hunting. See the add.

So we go down and scout around in the hot summer and put together stands and somewhat put them in areas that were close to where we wanted to scout.
We didn't hunt at all in september and mind you he still allowing people to come out for dove and who knows what else and hunt even though we paid for all 615ac.

So I had some health issues come up and turns out I would have open heart surgery the second week of archery season. There goes my season. We head down opening weekend for archery to let my son at least get a chance to hunt some before me having surgery. For some odd reason he feels the need to come down to his place for opening weekend. Oh well we thought he would be doing work. We had asked him prior to even putting a single stand out about areas we should put stands being that he new the land better than us. He told us both put them over near his protein feeders. So we did put them on trails leading up to his feed pen.
I tell him and his wife about my pending operation and he states to me and son "Don't worry y'all can have the same deal as this year for next". We said fine.
Opening morning he see a nice buck and tells us about it laying in the middle of an open pasture. I moved a stand near the area he said he saw this buck in hopes to maybe seeing it. I told him where I moved the stand and if he or his wife wanted a shot at the buck we wouldn't shoot it but save for them during the rifle season.
End of the first evening hunt he drives right by both of us while we are hunting WTF is he doing I text my son. Oh well his land whatever.

So he post in another thread about going up on his price and I pm him and he comes back and tells me he'll let me know after Xmas. Okay

Then he goes to another forum and posts this.
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262317
Notice the amount that he's wanting for just the 410ac which BTW is more like 60% pasture and 40% woods. So I pm'd him about whether we still had a deal for next year? Says he is leasing the 405ac for what the add says and that just it. Starts crying how he paid over 3000 for protein and corn blah blah blah. See the greed.
Then this

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273521

Notice that the amount has changed to 2000 a gun now and in the same thread he says 3500 for it and that it was a miss print. Really? You typed it you idiot. Y'all seeing the pattern yet?

So I ask him in his thread if we still had a place to hunt for 2012 that I still haven't heard back from him. Puts in the post that I had his number and that he had already talked to me about this. I'm out of there now. So I posted in his thread for people to pm me for specifics. He spun off.

Said to come get my tripods that he would leave them at the front gate. I told him that wouldn't be a smart move because if they came up missing he would be springing for some tripods.
This went back and forth until they deleted some of his text that he admitted to his intentions and could care less about my stuff. To proove that they were stolen from his property. Not the brightest bulb in the pack thats for sure. He admitted this on an open forum. I also paid for a truck that he refuses to give me a bill of sale or title for. I've talked to the sheriff in Coleman so they are well aware of this guy.

Just be careful and get a contract or something in writing to protect you and your stuff. Sorry for the long post

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 04:16 PM

Yeah, sounds pretty shady.

At some point you have to take some blame for continuing to transact with this guy though. You just handed him cash for a vehicle he didn't have a title for and wouldn't write a bill of sale on?

Posted By: STXHO

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 04:20 PM

I have been burned on a couple leases before. The bottom line is make sure that you have a written contract preferably by a lawyer or yourself. Thats always a red flag to me when I am discussing a lease with a landowner and they say that they do not want to be "tied down" or the do not want to sign a contract. Unless it is a family member or a close friend I won't even hunt on the land without a contract.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
Yeah, sounds pretty shady.

At some point you have to take some blame for continuing to transact with this guy though. You just handed him cash for a vehicle he didn't have a title for and wouldn't write a bill of sale on?

Yes live and learn it was just an old POS ranch truck. I just wanted for the motor.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: stxhunterhjm
I have been burned on a couple leases before. The bottom line is make sure that you have a written contract preferably by a lawyer or yourself. Thats always a red flag to me when I am discussing a lease with a landowner and they say that they do not want to be "tied down" or the do not want to sign a contract. Unless it is a family member or a close friend I won't even hunt on the land without a contract.

Never again for me

Posted By: Armalite260

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 05:03 PM

It's reading things like this that really have me scratch my head in disbelief?? What is wrong with people now days! I'd NEVER dream of doing that to someone! The lease I was on last year the land owner bull dozed through the thickest part of the property.. From one side to the next to build a cross fence.. OH, he did this the 2nd week of October.. Really, WTF?? flame

Posted By: 007hunter

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 05:09 PM

"handshake is enough"...

RUN AWAY ... RUN AWAY... bolt

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/13/12 07:34 PM

Sounds like a real D.B.

Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 03:38 AM

Douch Bag King

Posted By: abbller

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 02:30 PM

thanks a lot .

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 02:56 PM

It seems I hear more bad stories about leases than good, which is probably just human nature.

Thanks for posting. Leasson learned for folks just looking for a lease.

1. Do some research on who you're dealing with.
2. Detailed signed contract of what can and can't go on at the lease.

I agree with land owners rights, but once money exchanges hands, you need that formal agreement which protects you and the land owner.

I think the most important thing in any deal is to determine what is important to you the most. And if you can't get those things, like right to renew first or no land work prior to opening of and during the season, you need to be prepared to walk away.

Yea, its tough enough to find a place worth leasing, but all anyone needs to do is read a thread like this to some things are just better to pass on.

Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 03:09 PM

Guys, one of my old friends that is a rancher/realtor in So. Texas sold a place to a guy on a down payment in deep So. Texas
w/payments to come..the guy leased it/sold all the deer off and
abandonded it..Bill sued him/he no showed..got a bench warrant &
sent it to San Antonio..guy was selling real estate there..no
results..I got an old Constable buddy of mine to serve the warrant, man was driving a new Sub./had $900 cash in his pocket..
claimed poverty, and said he'd paid to not get served to the local law enforcement..ect..My buddy got no money..and the guys
who paid for a lease are SOL..Beware of SCAMS...Bill figured he
lost about

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Hopedale
It seems I hear more bad stories about leases than good, which is probably just human nature.

Thanks for posting. Leasson learned for folks just looking for a lease.

1. Do some research on who you're dealing with.
2. Detailed signed contract of what can and can't go on at the lease.

I agree with land owners rights, but once money exchanges hands, you need that formal agreement which protects you and the land owner.

I think the most important thing in any deal is to determine what is important to you the most. And if you can't get those things, like right to renew first or no land work prior to opening of and during the season, you need to be prepared to walk away.

Yea, its tough enough to find a place worth leasing, but all anyone needs to do is read a thread like this to some things are just better to pass on.

Agree with this especially once the money changes hands. Good info for folks looking to lease.

Posted By: aeb

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BowTech82ndAB
.. The lease I was on last year the land owner bull dozed through the thickest part of the property.. From one side to the next to build a cross fence.. OH, he did this the 2nd week of October.. Really, WTF?? flame

Reminds me of an incident several years ago. The guys on the lease kept fussing about the conditions of the roads. They were right but we were in the middle of a real dry summer and it was just too dry to do dozer/grader work. I went ahead and got on the list of the local dirt contractor but ranch work was way down on his guys list because of all the activity in the oil patch. We finally got a little moisture and my dirt man called. Said he could move in on the place Saturday morning. Saturday morning!!! That was openining weekend of deer season. No way!! Sent him on his way. Finally got the work done a couple or months later but had to listen to the complaints about the roads all season. Sometimes you can't win. confused2

Posted By: ProneOutfitters

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 11:15 PM

Can you pm me his name? I've been around the Coleman area for years.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/14/12 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ProneOutfitters
Can you pm me his name? I've been around the Coleman area for years.

I sure can pm coming your way.

Posted By: shedhunter57

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 04:54 AM

Wish I had a $1 for every time somebody makes an oral agreement on a deer lease and then complains later when it goes wrong, sounds like the cliche when 2 fools met, you are responsible for your actions, you should have know better, quit your crying, no telling what the other guy says, this is so typical as we will never know what really happned. Goes to show when somebody bashes somebody else on the web they can not repair the damage to there reputation if somebody is just trying to get even because they were stupid and had a oral lease plus tryed to buy a truck without a title, you deserve what you got is my verdict. This is another reason why texas needs a outtiftter law where every lease must be in writing and have a license to lease from the state of texas like other real states do out west, too many wannabees on craigs list, ebay, hunters on a year round lease selling day hunts and on and on, outta be a law!!!

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: shedhunter57
Wish I had a $1 for every time somebody makes an oral agreement on a deer lease and then complains later when it goes wrong, sounds like the cliche when 2 fools met, you are responsible for your actions, you should have know better, quit your crying, no telling what the other guy says, this is so typical as we will never know what really happned. Goes to show when somebody bashes somebody else on the web they can not repair the damage to there reputation if somebody is just trying to get even because they were stupid and had a oral lease plus tryed to buy a truck without a title, you deserve what you got is my verdict. This is another reason why texas needs a outtiftter law where every lease must be in writing and have a license to lease from the state of texas like other real states do out west, too many wannabees on craigs list, ebay, hunters on a year round lease selling day hunts and on and on, outta be a law!!!

THe last thing we need is more laws telling use how we can hunt. Regarding the OP, most of us on THF appreciate when people post their bad lease experience here. It helps us avoid them. And yes you can still work an oral lease deal in Texas, and they do work. You just have to be trusting and believe a person is honorable until proven otherwise.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:25 PM

Here comes the peanut gallery... thanks for your POV but I don't have anything to gain or an axe to grind just letting good folks know before they deal with people like this. If you can't see thru that sorry. Nobody is crying here just laying out a plain case of greed at it's finest and Welcome to the forum. Great third post you ought to make alot of friends around here.

Posted By: shedhunter57

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald

THe last thing we need is more laws telling use how we can hunt. Regarding the OP, most of us on THF appreciate when people post their bad lease experience here. It helps us avoid them. And yes you can still work an oral lease deal in Texas, and they do work. You just have to be trusting and believe a person is honorable until proven otherwise.
Where does the landowner get to post his bad hunter experience??

Maybe they should open a forum topic so landowners can rate the huntersLMAO!!!!Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander is it now?? What would your rating be???

Posted By: BOONER

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:30 PM

Maybe they should open a forum topic so landowners can rate the huntersLMAO!!!!Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander is it now?? What would your rating be???

He can post it right here. I would love to hear what he has to say. Sounds like a real winner to me, but there are 2 sides to a story.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:31 PM

Why don't you do that. Start one up so we can all add to our experiences. I would not be affraid of any rating believe me.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:32 PM

Oh and we damn sure dont need more Government involved. You must be a Democrat.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:34 PM

@shedhunter

There are plenty of land owners on here and there are plenty of times they call out the hunters also. It is sad that a mans word doesn't mean anything anymore, but isolated incidents doesnt mean that new laws should be created. If you have doubts, get a contract. But with the actions that the OP described, do you really think a contract would have made a difference. And if he didn't honor the contract and acted the same way, would it be worth paying a lawyer and spending the time to fight this guy, or would most people just cut their losses and find another place.

Either way, I appreciate folks bringing these issues to light and warning others.

And if you are so impressed with the "Real" states out west, go hunt them and stay out of the "fake" state of Texas. rolleyes

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
@shedhunter

There are plenty of land owners on here and there are plenty of times they call out the hunters also. It is sad that a mans word doesn't mean anything anymore, but isolated incidents doesnt mean that new laws should be created. If you have doubts, get a contract. But with the actions that the OP described, do you really think a contract would have made a difference. And if he didn't honor the contract and acted the same way, would it be worth paying a lawyer and spending the time to fight this guy, or would most people just cut their losses and find another place.

Either way, I appreciate folks bringing these issues to light and warning others.

And if you are so impressed with the "Real" states out west, go hunt them and stay out of the "fake" state of Texas. rolleyes

Great post take that to heart.

Posted By: Seadog

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: aussie1
@shedhunter

Great post take that to heart.

up

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 05:10 PM

Nice Troll, I guess I'll bite. If landowners want to call someone out on here, go for it. My rating, excellent, in 42 years I have been on 4 leases. My dads, until I went to college. My Mason lease until I started traveling so much until I relaized I was paying too much to be hunting for a few weekends a year. Then my quail lease in Salt Gap until my first daughter was born and I need to take a couple of years off to help with her. And then the one I am on now. Never been asked to leave, pay on time, help with whatever projects the landowner needed help with, don't shoot up the place, and keep it clean. So I give myself an A+ I am sure every land owner I have dealt with would do the same. Heck I still keep in touch with them on a social level. Before you start throwing stones, maybe you should inspect your glass house. Or maybe your the land owner the OP called out and came in here to show you really are a jerk.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 06:06 PM

I do think the term "greedy" is way overused in reference to landowners on this site. Any time a landowner raises prices it's always because they're "greedy" and never simply because their costs are also rising or they were leasing at too low a rate to begin with.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/15/12 07:33 PM

I do think the term "greedy" is way overused in reference to landowners on this site. Any time a landowner raises prices it's always because they're "greedy" and never simply because their costs are also rising or they were leasing at too low a rate to begin with.

up I was thinking that he may have been the land owner myself.

Posted By: bentman

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 12:41 AM

I'm the land owner...yall can believe aussie1 if you want i'm not going to get into another forum argument with this guy so go ahead write whatever you like about me there are plenty of people that have hunted my place that have had a good time and i guess some that have not keep BASHING ME

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 12:47 AM

popcorn Interesting turn of events. popcorn

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:12 AM

popcorn

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:38 AM

duel

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:42 AM

Yea where is the OP? Come on we need a good internet fight. LOL

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: bentman
I'm the land owner...yall can believe aussie1 if you want i'm not going to get into another forum argument with this guy so go ahead write whatever you like about me there are plenty of people that have hunted my place that have had a good time and i guess some that have not keep BASHING ME

Just curious here. The way I read that part he is not the first to have problems with you then? popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Just curious here. The way I read that part he is not the first to have problems with you then? popcorn

Yea and if he doesnt want to defend himself, I say he is guilty.

Posted By: beaucfus

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:48 AM

popcorn

Posted By: Payne

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 01:52 AM

cowboy

Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:10 AM

These threads and forums in general are going to get these types of discussions. aussie1 has posted his side of the story and you should also post yours. It's the nature of the beast.
To allow this discussion to go further without a rebuttal is not a good idea.

If he is not being truthful, then now is the time to chime in.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:13 AM

And we're not really interested in "the others".

I have allowed this to go as far as it has because it sounds like a very, very bad deal. If that's not what happened or if there's a reason it went south, we need to know.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:18 AM

If it's not too much of a hassle, mods, I'd like to schedule a fight behind Sonic for these 2? Yes?

Posted By: riverdog

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:19 AM

Yea and if he doesnt want to defend himself, I say he is guilty.
[/quote]

Yep - X2 - peep

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:44 AM

If it's not too much of a hassle, mods, I'd like to schedule a fight behind Sonic for these 2? Yes?

For STX and the gorilla??? I am in popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:46 AM

Get it right, IBA - it's Grilla, capitalized.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:57 AM

Fight might be delayed a bit if they have a great special of the day for a foot long chili cheese hot dog with tater tots covered in cheese though grill.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:01 AM

Fight might be delayed a bit if they have a great special of the day for a foot long chili cheese hot dog with tater tots covered in cheese though grill.

Delayed because of a hot dog...Why? Does it take you that long to find your dentures?

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Orn

My bad Griller, Gayriller, Greypiller, bang Dang iPhone...Grilla

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:06 AM

Delayed because of a hot dog...Why? Does it take you that long to find your dentures?

whip I'll have you know that I can chow down with the couple of teeth I have left pretty good. drink7 You just don't want to be sitting accross from me and tellin jokes when I am eating though loser8
back

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:08 AM

My bad Griller, Gayriller, Greypiller, bang Dang iPhone...Grilla

dunce whip Strike one stir

back

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:09 AM

peep back

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:11 AM

These threads and forums in general are going to get these types of discussions. aussie1 has posted his side of the story and you should also post yours. It's the nature of the beast.
To allow this discussion to go further without a rebuttal is not a good idea.

If he is not being truthful, then now is the time to chime in.

It's all in text and I have nothing to hide by letting others know just exactly how this landowner operated. Nothing to rebutt.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:33 AM

He has already ask me for my address so he could pound my *** in the ground. Has not showed up as of yet. Here is the deal I told Aussie1 he could hunt for 2yrs a 750 a yr like he says. Back in late Dec or early Jan I put up for lease part of the place. I needed to lease part of the place because of feed, gas, and other expense. I told Aussie1 that he could still hunt MY PLACE
I own 205ac & that I would get back with him. So now it's april
ok.....he is mad that I have not got back with him it's early in the year I was going to let him hunt never said I wasn't. That being said The guy puts a tripod 40yds from my feeder the another tripod about 200yds from my stand. He as me if his son could bring a friend without aussie1 being there. He also ask me if he could bring his other son or another guy i can not remember none of this was part of the deal. The deal was for Aussie1 & his son only. He stayed in a old trailer I have without calling and asking me if it was ok. I really haven't read too much of his post because on anther forum he is telling half truths. He never ask for a contract he BOTH agreed on a hand shake. Also before he ever paid me to hunt I invited aussie1 3 or 4 time to come and bird hunt so he could work his dog. I have not done aussie1 wrong. No money has exchanged hands this yr & I was going to let him hunt my place. There are plenty of people from this forum and 2 other forums that I have let hunt & they have had a good time father son & father daughter hunts I have invited military handicap and others that have not had a place to hunt. I have let guys bring there dogs to so they can get some work hell i had a guy come look for a bird that is on the endangered list. Not all the hunts have turned out great but thats hunting. Yes I changed the price after I thought about it I thought 4000 was too high so I dropped the price to 3500. That makes me a shady land owner oh well than so be it.

Posted By: Kyle Campbell

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:42 AM

What about acting like you didnt know who he was after he paid you 750 bucks? What about refusing to give him a bill of sale or title for a truck you sold him?

Things dont work out on leases all the time and people move on. But those other two issues need some explaining, especially the truck deal.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 05:20 AM

Why would I act like I didn't know who he was? He hunted Aussie1 and his son hunted. I don't know why he is saying that. If theis is true why the why didn,t aussie1 come on the forum and do a big write up on me then. It's made up. I told aussi1 to drive to my house and he could have the bill of sale I'm not sending him anything in the mail screw him. Also why would I do anything else for the guy when he is supose to come to my house & kick my [censored] & when he is finished with my my wife will have to call 911 for help If he wants his bill of sale then come get it. Oh yeah on the other forum a guy posted and stated that he has turkey hunted my place 2 yrs in a row and I treated him fair this is comeing from I guy that I have never met personaly. All of a sudden ausssie1 is telling him to stay out of it, it is none of his concern. I will admit things have gotten out of hand but when the man says he coming to my house to kick my [censored] well then come get your bill of sale

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 05:30 AM

by the way i did tell aussie1 i would give him a bill of sale he said that was not good enough that he wanted a title i told him to take the bill of sale and file for a lost title this was all before the threats then after the threats is when i told him that i would not send him a bill of sale that if he wanted it spend the money on gas and come get it i still feel the same way

Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 07:15 AM

popcorn

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 11:12 AM

Quote:
i'm not going to get into another forum argument with this guy so go ahead write whatever you like about me

popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:16 PM

WOW!! This is a good'un... Where's the OP?? popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:20 PM

wtf Finished with your wife...

What the heck does that mean?

kick my [censored] & when he is finished with my my wife will have to call 911 for help

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:37 PM

DUN DUN DUN! aussie1 were you be? You used a tarilor on the property without even asking? and put a stand looking over your feeder? This is getting good.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:39 PM

Those pesky little details that were left out are now coming out. popcorn

Posted By: swmays

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:46 PM

This is quite a "who done it"... popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:47 PM

Those pesky little details that were left out or now coming out. popcorn

Yup. Always 2 sides to every story.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:50 PM

He has already ask me for my address so he could pound my *** in the ground. Has not showed up as of yet. Here is the deal I told Aussie1 he could hunt for 2yrs a 750 a yr like he says. Back in late Dec or early Jan I put up for lease part of the place. I needed to lease part of the place because of feed, gas, and other expense. I told Aussie1 that he could still hunt MY PLACE
I own 205ac & that I would get back with him. So now it's april
ok.....he is mad that I have not got back with him it's early in the year I was going to let him hunt never said I wasn't. That being said The guy puts a tripod 40yds from my feeder the another tripod about 200yds from my stand. He as me if his son could bring a friend without aussie1 being there. He also ask me if he could bring his other son or another guy i can not remember none of this was part of the deal. The deal was for Aussie1 & his son only. He stayed in a old trailer I have without calling and asking me if it was ok. I really haven't read too much of his post because on anther forum he is telling half truths. He never ask for a contract he BOTH agreed on a hand shake. Also before he ever paid me to hunt I invited aussie1 3 or 4 time to come and bird hunt so he could work his dog. I have not done aussie1 wrong. No money has exchanged hands this yr & I was going to let him hunt my place. There are plenty of people from this forum and 2 other forums that I have let hunt & they have had a good time father son & father daughter hunts I have invited military handicap and others that have not had a place to hunt. I have let guys bring there dogs to so they can get some work hell i had a guy come look for a bird that is on the endangered list. Not all the hunts have turned out great but thats hunting. Yes I changed the price after I thought about it I thought 4000 was too high so I dropped the price to 3500. That makes me a shady land owner oh well than so be it.

This is his answer to me asking about the title and bill of sale. Said I wasn't worth a stamp to come to his house. Mind you the truck is in Coleman. Would you take that as a threat I did?
Me... If it don't have a title and bill of sale you can send me my 200 back by mail want the address?

"you want your 200 back come to my house & get it let me know when your are going to be there i will have your $$$$$$$$"

Part in bold...this was before the season was even over and didn't even give me first right to refussal nice guy huh?
The deal wasn't for me and son only go back and read you're own add. You wrote it not me. I think family means everyone in your family the last time I checked.
Tripod next to your feeder? Again read your add dude says all you need is a tripod and can put them wherever and we talked about that before ever going back with stands.

Ah yes the old trailer. First conversation we had when looking this trailer was next to his trashy cabin and I asked him if it was the old leasers he stated it was and they were going to pick it up. Opening weekend son and I got there and noticed the trailer and thought the leaser hadn't picked up his stuff. That night we were sleeping in the back of my truck before the weather moved in and made it cold for my son. Yes I got in the tralier and was hesitant to do it because it was nasty inside. The next morning I woke up and noticed the landowner at his cabin. He doesn't bow hunt. His land oh well. When they woke I informed he and his wife and she staed to son and I that was fine if we wanted to stay in it she was ok. We respectfully declined telling her we had a hotel in Santa Anna.

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:51 PM

One important fact left out, which Sonic has the foot long coney and cheese covered tater tot special?

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:56 PM

Why would I act like I didn't know who he was? He hunted Aussie1 and his son hunted. I don't know why he is saying that. If theis is true why the why didn,t aussie1 come on the forum and do a big write up on me then. It's made up. I told aussi1 to drive to my house and he could have the bill of sale I'm not sending him anything in the mail screw him. Also why would I do anything else for the guy when he is supose to come to my house & kick my [censored] & when he is finished with my my wife will have to call 911 for help If he wants his bill of sale then come get it. Oh yeah on the other forum a guy posted and stated that he has turkey hunted my place 2 yrs in a row and I treated him fair this is comeing from I guy that I have never met personaly. All of a sudden ausssie1 is telling him to stay out of it, it is none of his concern. I will admit things have gotten out of hand but when the man says he coming to my house to kick my [censored] well then come get your bill of sale

Nothing made up here you can deny all you want thats just you're character. I have no reason to make up something so bazzar that the landowner couldn't even remember who I was really?

Posted By: Huntin Dog

popcorn 500!

Sounds likea alot of bad blood here. Did you actually ask him about putting your stand on his feeder? weather he said it was ok or not you didnt want to try and find your own place to set up? You should have got your info sooner for sure though. This is why a contract always needs to happen

Posted By: Huntin Dog

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasotbred
Sounds likea alot of bad blood here. Did you actually ask him about putting your stand on his feeder? weather he said it was ok or not you didnt want to try and find your own place to set up? You should have got your info sooner for sure though. This is why a contract always needs to happen

X2

Price is right is coming on soon... i may have to come back to this

by the way i did tell aussie1 i would give him a bill of sale he said that was not good enough that he wanted a title i told him to take the bill of sale and file for a lost title this was all before the threats then after the threats is when i told him that i would not send him a bill of sale that if he wanted it spend the money on gas and come get it i still feel the same way

posted your own comments liar. Dude you have a problem telling the truth. Maybe you should learn to be a little more honest and people wouldn't call you out just saying. The truth will set you free.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntingTexas
One important fact left out, which Sonic has the foot long coney and cheese covered tater tot special?

The best ones were converted to Stars in South Texas. Had lots of leg room and brush behind them.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:00 PM

wtf Finished with your wife...

What the heck does that mean?

kick my [censored] & when he is finished with my my wife will have to call 911 for help

he's so confused he doesn't know what he writing lol

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntin Dog

X2

I know I would be PO'd if someone put a tripod right by my feeder and did not ask. I am just that way though. If they ask I would prolly say yes, but if they don't it would be in little pieces at camp.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:04 PM

We didn't put any stand on his feed pen just trails going to and from. He was well aware of us doing this. We didn't have much time to scout before the season but were planning on doing that but some health issues came up and prevented from us going back to do so.

Posted By: TSU99

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:09 PM

Boy, that would really aggrivate me if I offered to do someone a favor especially let someone hunt on my land for a very reasonable price, and when that person doesn't get his way, he offers to come to my house and kick my **s! Me and that person would have some "issues" to work out. All I can say is....wow.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TSU99
Boy, that would really aggrivate me if I offered to do someone a favor especially let someone hunt on my land for a very reasonable price, and when that person doesn't get his way, he offers to come to my house and kick my **s! Me and that person would have some "issues" to work out. All I can say is....wow.

Go back and read all of it TROLL

Posted By: Stinger13

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:15 PM

I'll take what's behind door number one, Bob!!

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: stinger13

You got it Tom. You just won an all expense trip to the I am right and You are wrong Resort. They deal with hunting lease stress and issues during the offseason. Sensitivety training is extra.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:19 PM

We didn't put any stand on his feed pen just trails going to and from. He was well aware of us doing this. We didn't have much time to scout before the season but were planning on doing that but some health issues came up and prevented from us going back to do so.

Yeah it was not like he 600+ acres to hunt and pick a new stand site from wink.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:20 PM

You got it Tom. You just won an all expense trip to the I am right and You are wrong Resort. They deal with hunting lease stress and issues during the offseason. Sensitivety training is extra.

clap

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:23 PM

Actually we had one of the tripods on the other side of the property and move it once the owner saw the buck opening morning. Moved it to that area so later in the season if the owner wanted to hunt the deer he saw he or his wife could. So don't assume what you don't already know.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:25 PM

Not a "TROLL" I did read the original OP, cowboy. I also read where the land owner said you offered to kick his *ss. If that was true, threats aren't going to help your cause is all I'm saying.

Go back and read all of it TROLL

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:26 PM

Actually we had one of the tripods on the other side of the property and move it once the owner saw the buck opening morning. Moved it to that area so later in the season if the owner wanted to hunt the deer he saw he or his wife could. So don't assume what you don't already know.

Details. Was he hunting the tripod by his feeder or where you hunting the tripod by his feeder? Details.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:33 PM

Quick question Aussie...Do you think you could have handled the situation different and got a different outcome, or do you truly believe that you did absolutely nothing wrong and the LO was crooked?

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:37 PM

We didn't put any stand on his feed pen just trails going to and from. He was well aware of us doing this. We didn't have much time to scout before the season but were planning on doing that but some health issues came up and prevented from us going back to do so.[/quote]
Yeah it was not like he 600+ acres to hunt and pick a new stand site from wink. [/quote]

My son hunted the tripod closest to his feed pen and tower stand. You couldn't see the stand from either location.

Actually we had one of the tripods on the other side of the property and move it once the owner saw the buck opening morning. Moved it to that area so later in the season if the owner wanted to hunt the deer he saw he or his wife could. So don't assume what you don't already know.[/quote]
Details. Was he hunting the tripod by his feeder or where you hunting the tripod by his feeder? Details. [/quote]

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:43 PM

roflmao

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:43 PM

Quick question Aussie...Do you think you could have handled the situation different and got a different outcome, or do you truly believe that you did absolutely nothing wrong and the LO was crooked?

I gave the owner every opportunity to let me know what deal we were going to have for the following season. Four months later I was still being strung along. I could have waited until he leased the place to someone else then be left with whatever or looking for another place. Honestly I just asked him where we stood on the place and he literally spun off.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:45 PM

I personally would have stopped at the hand shake, no matter how nice the gentleman is. A contract saves a lot of grief, and everyone involved would be protected.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:50 PM

"My son hunted the tripod closest to his feed pen and tower stand. You couldn't see the stand from either location."

Just curious aussie1 to how you would have handled this same situation if you were the landowner and he was the hunter leasing the land?
How would you have reacted if that were your land, your blind and your feeder and he moved into the spot with out getting an ok from you to do so before hand?

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:51 PM

Some of y'all have good questions concerning the OP...some, not so much.

The only reason we are letting this thing air out is to get to the bottom of it.

If we (mods) delete it, we'd never hear the end of it - how mean, vendictive, communistic, dry-gulching, and low-life we are.

Make your your minds and pass the tater tots...

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:54 PM

The only reason we are letting this thing air out is to get to the bottom of it.

If we (mods) delete it, we'd never hear the end of it - how mean, vendictive, communistic, dry-gulching, and low-life we are.

Glad to see you are back Grilla up

STX ate all the tots (finally found his teeth)

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 03:58 PM

Glad to see you are back Grilla up

STX ate all the tots (finally found his teeth)

Just made a quick trip to Sonic and they are steaming hot and good. They were out of the Chili Cheese Tater Tots though, no chili.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:00 PM

nepoleon give me some of your tots

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:00 PM

Big Orn. I believe that is an impossiblity. Two sides of this story for sure. The land own chimed in said his peace and moved on. The other seems to be doing a lot of back peddling. That being said, Aussie1 I just don't see where land own is as evil as you paint him. You may be a fine upstanding man, and my bet is you are. However, I see you explaining yourself an awful lot. Call me a "TROLL" if you want.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:02 PM

Big Orn. I believe that is an impossiblity. Two sides of this story for sure. The land own chimed in said his peace and moved on. The other seems to be doing a lot of back peddling. That being said, Aussie1 I just don't see where land own is as evil as you paint him. You may be a fine upstanding man, and my bet is you are. However, I see you explaining yourself an awful lot. Call me a "TROLL" if you want.

So you are saying that it seems like Aussie got a good deal, then wanted more and more? Then got upset when he didn't get more and when the LO felt like he was being taken advantage of after making a great offer popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:04 PM

That's kind of harsh.... scared

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:06 PM

Oh hell. I'm just giving my opinion. If I'm wrong so be it.

So you are saying that it seems like Aussie got a good deal, then wanted more and more? Then got upset when he didn't get more and when the LO felt like he was being taken advantage of after making a great offer popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:08 PM

I would never...well, maybe in a PM or email grin

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:09 PM

I think we're getting close.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:10 PM

I think we're getting close.

Very

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:11 PM

Bwaaahahahah!

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:12 PM

TSU99 - I am just moderating - don't have a dog in this fight. It's almost impossible stay on-topic with some of these outlaws in here. So I watch, take names, and go on. wink

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:13 PM

Point out where there is some back peddling sir? Not everything was disclosed because of very minor details like the trailer if thats what your're referring to? If you're trolling to start trouble then thats what you are a TROLL. He offerered the deal SEE AD he placed. I took him up on his offer. The rest you can read between the lines I've pointed it out in plain text. Nothing to hide but some nonsense about staying a couple of hours in a rat infested trailer.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:13 PM

Roger that. Fun to watch the dogs fight though ain't it? (just a joke if PETA is reading this.)

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:14 PM

TSU99 - I am just moderating - don't have a dog in this fight. It's almost impossible stay on-topic with some of these outlaws in here. So I watch, take names, and go on. wink

peep

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:17 PM

Point out where there is some back peddling sir? Not everything was disclosed because of very minor details like the trailer if thats what your're referring to? If you're trolling to start trouble then thats what you are a TROLL. He offerered the deal SEE AD he placed. I took him up on his offer. The rest you can read between the lines I've pointed it out in plain text. Nothing to hide but some nonsense about staying a couple of hours in a rat infested trailer.

Aussie, not being a troll, been watching from the start...but, there are some things that seem questionable from the story and it is difficult to figure out what really happened.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and out to prove a point, so it is obvious that you feel you were screwed.

Both you and the LO said that he was going to have to do something different because of the cost of feed, etc. Sounded like you were already getting a heck of a deal and didn't have to pay for feed or feeders. Did you offer to help? If not, seems that the LO was willing to continue letting you hunt his property, but needed to lease the other property to recover some expenses.

Am I misunderstanding?

Posted By: LG

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:18 PM

Seems like both side can take something from this experience and move foward.......

Not a "TROLL" wasn't looking for trouble. Believe me if I was there wouldn't be any question. If I was out of line, sorry. Back peddling may not be the correct choice of words, but it does seem, to me, that you are explaining yourself a lot. Don't get all hot and bothered, I mean no offense

Where is Judge Judy when you need her???? whip

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: 007hunter

Thought that was what Grilla was here for confused2

Posted By: Kyle Campbell

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:22 PM

The way I see it is this deal just didn't work out for the two of you. As far as the lease goes, I don't see where Aussie is out any money. He may have been strung along but it happens.

As far as the land owner goes, you need to send him that bill of sale if you took his money for a truck.

Beyond that, both of you need to chalk it up as a lesson and move on.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyle Campbell
The way I see it is this deal just didn't work out for the two of you. As far as the lease goes, I don't see where Aussie is out any money. He may have been strung along but it happens.

As far as the land owner goes, you need to send him that bill of sale if you took his money for a truck.

Ah, the voice of reason. If only things were that easy around here rofl

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:27 PM

Aussie, not being a troll, been watching from the start...but, there are some things that seem questionable from the story and it is difficult to figure out what really happened.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and out to prove a point, so it is obvious that you feel you were screwed.

Both you and the LO said that he was going to have to do something different because of the cost of feed, etc. Sounded like you were already getting a heck of a deal and didn't have to pay for feed or feeders. Did you offer to help? If not, seems that the LO was willing to continue letting you hunt his property, but needed to lease the other property to recover some expenses.

Am I misunderstanding?

No chip and yes I even trimmed trees for him in the little time I was able to be there. We talked about a work weekend in the summer but I never got any call as to what or when. We were more than ready to put in our share of work.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 007hunter

Thought that was what Grilla was here for confused2

Point taken... up

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:35 PM

I would like to comment further, but I would be called a troll for the third time, I believe. Now THAT is being a troll. Sorry couldn't resist.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:37 PM

This sounds like the story about a couple that have "yours", "mine" and "ours" kids.

Carry on. up

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:47 PM

One of the best comments said so far.. Lesson learned for you, plus a lesson to others looking for a lease. Take all the smoke filled coffee house crap out of it, the lesson I learned it to ALWAYS have a contract or RUN, don't walk.. Just my 2cents

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:51 PM

Yep. Well said.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BowTech82ndAB

One of the best comments said so far.. Lesson learned for you, plus a lesson to others looking for a lease. Take all the smoke filled coffee house crap out of it, the lesson I learned it to ALWAYS have a contract or RUN, don't walk.. Just my 2cents

THIS ^^^^^^

Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 05:12 PM

Thanks so much for this thread. It motivates me to again bow down and thank the Lord I don't have to deal with "Lease Drama" ever again.
Hallelujah!

Oh- and, IBTL

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 05:16 PM

everything i said was the truth you did put a tripod less than 40 yds from a protien feeder

Aussie1 you want your $$$$$ pm me your address this is I send it to you but I stand by what I have said

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 05:47 PM

Case Closed grin

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 05:50 PM

Best of luck to the both of them. It was a fun ride though.

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 06:28 PM

The big fat lady is fixen to yell!

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 06:30 PM

popcorn

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 06:31 PM

scared

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 06:33 PM

The old gal has been stompin' around in the background for a while ready to drop the hammer wife

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 06:35 PM

A one, and a two, and a three.

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 06:37 PM

popcorn

scratch

wife

Re: Greedy Flake of a Landowner Beware - 04/17/12 07:06 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum