Texas Hunting Forum

Why I hate H.F.'s

Posted By: don k

Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:12 PM

I have about a 10 acre trap that is high fenced that I use to keep some of my ibex. I fenced it off a few years ago and had no animals in it. This afternoon I made a survey. I have now have 5 whitetail and 4 axis not counting ibex in the trap.

Posted By: Aboud

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:16 PM

I'll come take care of them!!

Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:19 PM

Send me a pm and I'll take care of your problem,just to help out another hunter of course.

Posted By: Tye

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:33 PM

That's impossible. Deer can't clear a HF. Have you been drinking or smoking the gonja?

Posted By: Big Will

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Aboud
I'll come take care of them!!

X2 I love a good HF hunt.

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Tye
That's impossible. Deer can't clear a HF. Have you been drinking or smoking the gonja?
What is a gonja? Actually it is my fault. The fence runs along a county road. There is a creek that runs through the trap. The county put in about a 4' pipe for the water to run through. they did this after the fence was put up. Now the part of the fence that is where the drainage pipe is is only around 4' high on the road and 7' high on the inside. Deer jump in but they don't usually jump out. Some do but the majority don't.

Posted By: Tye

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:54 PM

Probably spelled it wrong...weed, Mary Jane....lol

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:55 PM

Are they tied to a post or sturdy tree? If so just go with the flow and charge $5000 a piece.

Posted By: JWP58

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:58 PM

You're sitting on a gold mine!

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/18/11 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: JWP58

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 12:25 AM

we have a lane that is about a mile long, high fenced on both sides to access our property. the other day i am driving when i see something running down the middle of it.

about 400 yards up the road, is a yearling doe. i phone to the house and tell them to open the gate, which after doing I was able to get her in the gate, in effect getting a "free" deer.

I was very excited to have her in our herd, as she has apparently figured out teleportation and may use this to lead some bigger bucks from other ranches back into ours.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
I was very excited to have her in our herd, as she has apparently figured out teleportation and may use this to lead some bigger bucks from other ranches back into ours.

She might be Arabic and came in a magic carpet. Muslim spy? clap

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 01:34 AM

The High fence ain't high enough stir

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: JWP58
If I had any one out to "Harvest" any of them they would have to keep it a secret. Can you just imagine the bad mouthing that would go on if people found out they were taken in a 10 acre trap. It would probably be someone who bad mouths HF's that actually did the shooting.

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 04:05 AM

Practice tranq & release

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 04:41 AM

High fences are the devil. duel

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 11:28 AM

If I can just figure out how to high-fence ducks.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 12:00 PM

High fences are like bean burritos. The gas they emit is overwhelming. But the huge drop is the satisfactory no man can resist grin

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 01:06 PM

My old boss used to say that your pleasures change as you get old. Now having a good Dump is as good as sex. I have no idea what that has to do with H.F.'s but 7mag got me to thinking about it.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
My old boss used to say that your pleasures change as you get old. Now having a good Dump is as good as sex. I have no idea what that has to do with H.F.'s but 7mag got me to thinking about it.

I agree don up I'm also not to sure why, but I do

Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 03:00 PM

Well if you get an Axis buck in there let me know! smile

Posted By: passthru

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 03:08 PM

Heck I would like some axis meat so even if it's a doe.

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/19/11 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
we have a lane that is about a mile long, high fenced on both sides to access our property. the other day i am driving when i see something running down the middle of it.

about 400 yards up the road, is a yearling doe. i phone to the house and tell them to open the gate, which after doing I was able to get her in the gate, in effect getting a "free" deer.

Having deer within a hjigh fence when it is put up is one thing, tut to trap or entice deer into that high fence without a TTT permit is another.

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/20/11 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JakeinTX
Well if you get an Axis buck in there let me know! smile
There are 3 in there right now. 2 spikes and a 2 year old.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/20/11 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: 7mag
High fences are like bean burritos. The gas they emit is overwhelming. But the huge drop is the satisfactory no man can resist grin

roflmao

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/20/11 11:44 PM

I was out in a larger pasture this afternoon where I have some of my male ibex. There were no axis in it.Now there are 4. 3 spikes and a doe. Going to have to check some fence tomorrow.

Posted By: Txtrapper10

Re: Why I hate H.F.'s - 12/21/11 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: 7mag

woot

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum