Texas Hunting Forum

Travel hunt...where to

Posted By: HardWired

Travel hunt...where to - 11/28/11 06:59 PM

A couple of buddies and I have been tossing the idea of taking a travel hunt somewhere, most likely for bow hunting, but all options are open at this point.

So where have you gone that you enjoyed and what did you hunt, or where do you have plans to go stateside?

Guided or self-hunt.
Not trying to break the bank with this trip.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/28/11 07:57 PM

Kansas bow hunting has been a blast. Different terrain, different deer, different style of hunting...price was pretty reasonable.

Would like to go Elk hunting with a bow, but haven't been able to line up a low cost hunt.

Have a buddy that has gone bear hunting with a bow three times. He loves it and the price seems pretty reasonable.

Mule deer hunting is always a fun hunt and the next trip I take will be for Aoudad.

Good Luck and enjoy

Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/28/11 09:22 PM

I would suggest any MidWestwhitetail trip that you can land. Missouri has plenty of public land to hunt and I talk to guys up there every year that kill good deer. ANywhere near the Mississippi River. I have hunted MO and now I hunt Illinois. Big deer up there. My next adventure will be Kansas.

Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/28/11 09:54 PM

Maine Bear hunt with Hounds. I was crapping my pants. The Guide made me get right up to the tree where the Bear was. I never was so scared in my life! It was a nice one. First day, first hour. Hunt over.

Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/28/11 10:36 PM

Saskatchewan, 300 lbs Whitetails in a frigid blind from sunup till dark.

Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/29/11 04:58 AM

Washington state has over the counter deer, elk, and bear tags that are pretty reasonable for out of state hunters. Lots of public land too. The rainforests in the western part of the state are an unbelievable experience. If you have time, the fishing can be extraordinary too.

Posted By: HardWired

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/30/11 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info. We are honking of getting away FTP
The whitetail for a hunt.

Anyone else?

Posted By: HAWKEYE911

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/30/11 05:05 PM

We used to have a guy at work that was from Maine. Maine is on a draw system for moose. We all at work would buy draw entries and if one got drawn, he would get the moose tag and take the one who won the tag all expenses paid to hunt deer and predators. He paid for the liscense,travel, getting the kill home, food,beer, and lodging. Worked out great for all.

Posted By: roguex

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/30/11 09:14 PM

Wyoming antelope and mule deer is always good. Also a Sitka blacktail hunt on Kodiak is really fun. Prince william sound for black bear and deer is good too.

Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/30/11 09:30 PM

i've bow hunted in Nebraska for the past two years, it's been a fun hunt.

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Travel hunt...where to - 11/30/11 11:40 PM

Would like to take my daughter moose and black bear hunting in British Columbia.

Have also considered a cow elk in New Mexico or maybe a mulie in Colorado.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum