Texas Hunting Forum

Your opinions please.......

Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 04:18 AM

With all the great dove hunting that I have run into and the prices that I see people charging......Would it be unethical...

To buy a guest pass along with my season pass and then start charging people.....say $60-80 for an evening dove hunt.....

I could make my money back in a few hunts....people shoot some birds and life is good....

Thoughts.......

I mean this is what you see in a hunt.....

Posted By: texaspride93

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 04:20 AM

good idea imo

Posted By: Bud1

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 04:29 AM

I don't think anything wrong with it. Many guy's don't want to fork out a large sum on a lease, to hunt 4 or 5 times. May be only able to get out once or twice, $60-$80 may seem like a deal to more than a few! JMHO.

Posted By: vanguard

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 10:37 AM

I remember paying 5 bucks a day to hunt doves, then it was 10 then 15 then 20 then 50 now 75 and 100, needless to say, I dont pay anymore, if I dont get invited somewhere I dont hunt.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 11:46 AM

That would work I would think but what if they do something wrong or illegal and get you kicked off? Are you responsible for their actions since you are the one paying for the spot? If you pick the right guests then I see no problem with it as long as you make sure there is no fine print in your lease agreement to the contrary.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 11:46 AM

i don't see anything wrong with it.

we charge $400/season, that includes privalges for one guest, be it your dad, neighbor, co-worker, etc.

charge them what you want

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: vanguard
I remember paying 5 bucks a day to hunt doves, .

this isn't 1965......wages are more than $1.15/hour and $5 won't even get you a #2 at whataburger

Posted By: rsquared

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 12:29 PM

i dont have much desire to have a dove lease as i dont like the meat that much and i only hunt them once in a while.
that said, i would have no problem paying a day guest fee on a good place with someone i knew or trusted.

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 01:16 PM

I wouldnt pay anything to hunt dove!

Posted By: Stompy

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 01:18 PM

Might work ok for ya,,,I charge $60 a day for dove hunting. Most of my guys hunt on Saturday all day and a Sunday morning and not Sunday afternoon, so I only charge $40 for the Sunday morning hunt being as it's only half a day. That's to give you a perspective of what I charge..Looks like next year I'll be going up a little though, due to fuel prices.

Posted By: Johnny Lobos

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 01:45 PM

As long as they are willing to pay to play I guess it would be OK.

Posted By: JJH

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 02:07 PM

I'm probably overly cautious about this, cause I know too many dang lawyers! But be sure you have thought thru the down-side:

What if:

your hunters damage the property somehow
your hunters get hurt...autos, firearms, alcohol?
your hunters hurt someone else

If you have a written contract with the lessor, does it say anything about subleasing?

Is it worth it to risk your entire net worth for a few hundred dollars.

I know, I know...just be sure you go in with your eyes open.

Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 02:42 PM

All good points......

Not sure what I am gonna do......I hate charging people crazy prices for dove.....

It's not like your feeding protein and such and need to recoup your losses on feed......

Guess I will wait and see what happens.. gonna talk to my guy as well....

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 02:52 PM

I don't think it's a bad idea, as long as the people you take are trustworthy. I wouldn't be taking a bunch of random people you picked up from an ad.

Posted By: Red_Breast

Re: Your opinions please....... - 06/03/11 03:05 PM

Why not just take someone for free? If I had the money that's what I would do. Too many people forget others who love to hunt may not have the cash these days.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum