Texas Hunting Forum

NFL Draft tonight.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 08:49 PM

I usually follow the Alabama guys. Expected 4 first rounders.
I really have my eye on JJ McCarthy, curious where he goes and how high.

I also like to see where these 1st rounders were rated in HS. Compared to how many 5 stars go in 1st round.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 09:01 PM

Will be more interested to see if any of the first round qbs pan out as NFL qbs. I have a feeling none will. Time will tell.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 09:13 PM

I hope Dallas gets a pick
Posted By: Concho

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Well, Dallas needs a bunch of picks. Jerry keeps saying he is all in, while sitting back doing nothing to improve the team. Dallas better hit on all their draft picks, or it may be a long football season.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 09:23 PM

I'll be watching just to see what all the players are wearing, free entertainment every draft.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Well, Dallas needs a bunch of picks. Jerry keeps saying he is all in, while sitting back doing nothing to improve the team. Dallas better hit on all their draft picks, or it may be a long football season.

amen

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 10:09 PM

I'll be watching just to see what all the players are wearing, free entertainment every draft.

so true
Posted By: Guy

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 10:31 PM

Normally I’m kinda excited to watch the draft first night, I’ll watch but not that interested. Just no players that excite me. Who should I be pulling for to fall to the cowboys?

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 10:44 PM

Don’t think this will ever get topped…wtf roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Don’t think this will ever get topped…

[Linked Image]

Girly Shirt...and it was too small.
Posted By: rickym

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 11:18 PM

Williams I see being decent but never great, also Drake can be an Andy dalton/ Alex Smith, JJ won’t get a second starter contract, Daniels will be the best from the top 4.
Nabers will transition better than Harrison jr. Want to see where Brock goes and how he’s used.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 11:19 PM

I'm in.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/25/24 11:54 PM

Im also watching Brock bowers. He’s impressive.

1. I expect Caleb Williams.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:03 AM

Let's see what day Sweat goes. ..

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:10 AM

Eminem is such an idiot.

I’m embarrassed to say I know the cowboys guy with the crazy helmet.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:19 AM

Yikes

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:23 AM

Caleb Williams was the number 1 High School prospect in 2021.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Caleb Williams was the number 1 High School prospect in 2021.

He's a #1 POS as well.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:30 AM

Anyone else notice Jayden Daniels walked right by his coach and didn’t acknowledge Brian Kelly. Weird.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:30 AM

I think he's a head case

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 12:39 AM

Where is SR.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 01:43 AM

I think Raiders got a deal on bowers.

Penix was odd. They just signed cousins to like 100 million.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:05 AM

Let's go big murf!

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:11 AM

15 straight offensive players was unexpected.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

Bet he takes to knees with ease. And it thanks you for all the money and support.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:54 AM

I heard they opened the draft with the so called black national anthem.......is this true?

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:24 AM

hope jere got some good picks from Detroit. Looks like they will pick Guyton at 29, the guy who they have wanted all the long. Cardinals are set.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:31 AM

Worthy ran himself right into the perfect situation.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:34 AM

Route running is crazy too

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:43 AM

Dallas picks a converted tight end to play offensive line, played very few games, geezzz we need someone in Dallas who has a clue. All kinds of offensive talent available, could have drafted offensive line way later in the draft, draft is stack with offensive line help...looking forward to another disappointing season in Dallas.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
I heard they opened the draft with the so called black national anthem.......is this true?

I only heard the National Anthem, if they played something else, I didn't hear it.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 01:47 PM

Dallas picks a converted tight end to play offensive line, played very few games, geezzz we need someone in Dallas who has a clue. All kinds of offensive talent available, could have drafted offensive line way later in the draft, draft is stack with offensive line help...looking forward to another disappointing season in Dallas.

I am not overly thrilled with the pick, but tackle talent drops way off after Guyton. He was the last of the guys receiving a 1st round grade. So the Cowboys essentially got the guy they wanted at 24 and got a 3rd round pick for trading down. There really weren't any other picks available at positions of need for Dallas at that spot that would have made sense, unless they got a WR like Adonai Mitchell.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 01:50 PM

ATL taking Penix at #8 after signing Kirk Cousins to a massive contract is a firable offense. The GM in Atlanta really screwed that one up. Kirk Cousins said he was stunned and disappointed.

Bo Nix going #12 to Denver is another bad pick. I think everyone has seen his ceiling- he's not 1st round franchise QB material. Teams are just so desperate for QBs.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
ATL taking Penix at #8 after signing Kirk Cousins to a massive contract is a firable offense. The GM in Atlanta really screwed that one up. Kirk Cousins said he was stunned and disappointed.

Bo Nix going #12 to Denver is another bad pick. I think everyone has seen his ceiling- he's not 1st round franchise QB material. Teams are just so desperate for QBs.

These really bad teams, managed poorly, repeatedly take QBs in the draft, and damage them, the blame shouldn't be on the player. Kirk Cousin is a better QB than any QB in this draft will most likely ever be, hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening...San Francisco selling the farm for Trey Lance and then giving up on him after a couple seasons is still the worst transaction in recent times in my opinion. These coaches and scouts see a guy 6'5 with a rocket arm and think automatically the guy will be a great QB in the NFL, they don't seem to take into account talents you can't see on video, that is why players like Tom Brady and Brock Purdy are found late in the draft...give me a leader every time over a guy with a big arm.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:40 PM

I am not overly thrilled with the pick, but tackle talent drops way off after Guyton. He was the last of the guys receiving a 1st round grade. So the Cowboys essentially got the guy they wanted at 24 and got a 3rd round pick for trading down. There really weren't any other picks available at positions of need for Dallas at that spot that would have made sense, unless they got a WR like Adonai Mitchell.

I have No problem with trading down at all, in fact they could have traded down further, picked up a couple more draft picks and I would have been fine with that approach. I believe the talent drops off in this draft after about pick 15 - 16, and after that most of these guys are pretty equal until you get into day 3, even then there might be a Tom Brady or Brock Purdy around...I'm okay with the Dallas pick, it was a pick of need, just like to see Dallas do something exciting in the draft for once. The problem with Dallas last year to me was crystal clear, they did not have a 3 down running back and tried to use a running back by committee.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 02:51 PM

I'm okay with the Dallas pick, it was a pick of need, just like to see Dallas do something exciting in the draft for once. The problem with Dallas last year to me was crystal clear, they did not have a 3 down running back and tried to use a running back by committee.

I think a 2nd round pick would be wise to use on Jonathan Brooks. Maybe wait till round 3 for the FSU RB Trey Benson or someone else. If they don't address the need by round 3, they are probably screwed going into the season.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:12 PM

I'm okay with the Dallas pick, it was a pick of need, just like to see Dallas do something exciting in the draft for once. The problem with Dallas last year to me was crystal clear, they did not have a 3 down running back and tried to use a running back by committee.

I think a 2nd round pick would be wise to use on Jonathan Brooks. Maybe wait till round 3 for the FSU RB Trey Benson or someone else. If they don't address the need by round 3, they are probably screwed going into the season.

cheers

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:49 PM

I like to follow the 5 star recruits. To see which ones end up being 1st rounders as projected.
Last nights stars drafted, using on3.

1. Caleb Williams. 5.
2. J Daniels. 4 star
3. Drake May. 4 star 1 company had him 5.
4. M Harrison. 4 star
5. Joe Alt. 4 star.
6. M Nabers. 4 star.
7. J Latham. 5 star
8. M Penix. 3 star
9. R Odunze. 4 star.
10. McCarthy. 4 star
11. Fashanu. 3 star
12. Bo Nix. 5 star
13. Bowers. 4 star
14. Fauga. 3 star.
15. Latu. 4 star.
16. Murphy 4 star
17. Turner. 5 star
18. Mims. 5 star.
19. Verse. 4 star.
20. Fautano 4 star
21. Chop Robinson 4 star. 1 company had him 5.
22. Q Mitchell. 3 star.
23. Brian Thomas jr. 4 star.
24. Terrion Arnold 4 star
25. Jordan Morgan. 3 star.
26. Barton. 3 star
27 Darius Robinson. 3 star
28. Worthy. 5 star
29. Tyler Guyton. 3 star
30. Wiggins. 4 star
31. Pearsall. 3 star
32. Legette. 3 star.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 03:55 PM

Many of 5 stars from 2021 returned another year
Ewers
Shemar Turner
Egbuka
Kyle McCord

Ewers may have went 1st round. Seeing how QBs were flying off the shelf.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:14 PM

Yeah premiums at positions are the biggest factor in first rounders

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:15 PM

Sweat a third day guy?

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:31 PM

Dallas picks a converted tight end to play offensive line,

The dude is 6-foot-8, 322-pounds, bigger than Zack and Steel, and he is athletic enough to play TE? Sounds like a freak to me.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

The dude is 6-foot-8, 322-pounds, bigger than Zack and Steel, and he is athletic enough to play TE? Sounds like a freak to me.

Yep, if nothing else he can stand in the way of rushing defenders and make them run around him...I'm not saying the guy is a bad pick, I like him, just thought Dallas had better choices.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Yeah premiums at positions are the biggest factor in first rounders

I really don’t understand the stretch at QB. Penix and Nix don’t make much 1st round sense to me. Even Tackle Mims. He’s a huge people mover, only 8 starts and pass protection is lacking.

Falcons fans are outraged. Not that they hate Penix, but the QB situation and having holes everywhere

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Yep, if nothing else he can stand in the way of rushing defenders and make them run around him...I'm not saying the guy is a bad pick, I like him, just thought Dallas had better choices.

If he can play TE, sounds like he can run himself. Big and athletic.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:41 PM

I just find it mind numbing that teams are drafting guys who started 10-14 games in their entire college careers in the first round of a draft...no wonder some of these folks are busts in the NFL. And players like Trey Lance may be very good players if he is allowed time to learn and improve, problem is everyone wants results yesterday.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

If he can play TE, sounds like he can run himself. Big and athletic.

Okay, you convinced me, Great Pick! I really, really hope you are correct, this guy needs to start day 1.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:44 PM

Wild theory.

Is Nix or Penix in 1st round a better pick than a 3rd round Spencer Rattler? Time will tell.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:47 PM

Wild theory.

Is Nix or Penix in 1st round a better pick than a 3rd round Spencer Rattler? Time will tell.

They are all close to the same, Penix is the best deep ball thrower.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 04:55 PM

Penix is a solid QB.

It’s the Penix situation. They just signed Cousins to 180 million dollar contract, holes everywhere. Now Penix is looking at 25 million dollar contract.

Falcons a lot of money tied up in a position only 1 person can play at a time.

Apparently Cousins had no idea they were even looking for a QB.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 05:38 PM

Okay, you convinced me, Great Pick! I really, really hope you are correct, this guy needs to start day 1.

I would listen to me, I was wanting Jerry to pick JFF. roflmao
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 10:06 PM

Penix is a solid QB.

It’s the Penix situation. They just signed Cousins to 180 million dollar contract, holes everywhere. Now Penix is looking at 25 million dollar contract.

Falcons a lot of money tied up in a position only 1 person can play at a time.

Apparently Cousins had no idea they were even looking for a QB.

I expect Penix to have an injury free season for once, unless he trips on the sidelines. Couldn't hardly move after the last game he played.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/26/24 11:54 PM

Glad Sweat wasn't punished for his poor choices.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 12:17 AM

Kinda surprised Adonia Mitchell still available. There was talk about he was a bad teammate. Could been started by other WRs.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 12:53 AM

Patrick Paul is a crazy story. Said he’s gonna be president of Nigeria.

That was unexpected.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 01:05 AM

Cowboys. Very confused about 2nd round pick.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 01:12 AM

Cowboys. Very confused about 2nd round pick.

Don't get me started, wife thought I was stroking out...

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 01:35 AM

Burns me up. Next pick was another edge guy, from Alabama.

Cowboys guy showed track and basketball highlights. How about some football plays.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:01 AM

Okay, after the third pick I'm convinced Jerry is intent on Dallas going 1-16 this year...going after that number one pick in 2025.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:03 AM

I'm guessing Dallas next pick will be a punter from Whatamatter U.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:04 AM

Im ok with 3rd round pick. He looks pretty aggressive and moves good.

But Jerry has been on a losing streak for 25 years.

I’m still upset at last years number 1,pick. Mazzi Smith, hardly any playing time.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:08 AM

Kinda surprised Jatavion Sanders still out there.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:10 AM

Kinda surprised Jatavion Sanders still out there.

Too slow, and doesn't like to block.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:18 AM

Im ok with 3rd round pick. He looks pretty aggressive and moves good.

But Jerry has been on a losing streak for 25 years.

I’m still upset at last years number 1,pick. Mazzi Smith, hardly any playing time.

If they don't draft a stud running back and some receiver help, they are done in 2024. if Dallas believes they are going to recycle Zek for 2024, they are pretty obtuse.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:22 AM

Absent Jimmy Johnson, Dallas has been just another team.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:24 AM

I can not be a cowboy fan as long as Jerry is running the team.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I can not be a cowboy fan as long as Jerry is running the team.

I'm thinking Jerry is all about making money and cares very little about the Cowboy Team.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 02:48 AM

Okay with the 87 pick I'm simply beyond talking about the nonsense picks of the Dallas Cowgirls and headed to bed...this is sad and ridiculous.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 03:00 AM

Kinda surprised Adonia Mitchell still available. There was talk about he was a bad teammate. Could been started by other WRs.

Read last week that he came off very cocky and immature at combine and really turned off multiple scouts. Also heard about bad teammate rumors too.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 03:02 AM

Never been a fan of LBs from ND. Seems many don’t pan out.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 03:04 AM

If a Jatavion Sanders don’t go in this round. Might have suited him to stay 1 more year.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 03:07 AM

If a Jatavion Sanders don’t go in this round. Might have suited him to stay 1 more year.

Get a bit of a Vince Young type vibe with him, big, physically imposing specimen that may not translate well in NFL due to work ethic or lack thereof and game simply doesn't transfer.

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/27/24 11:20 PM

Might be best clip of the draft. As said, there is country and there is this guy. Xavier Legette who looks like a tackle but is a very fast receiver.

https://x.com/khaled74/status/1784262109708402696?s=46&t=dxAyRrvehO6uhdIaGTZQXA
Posted By: Stub

Re: NFL Draft tonight. - 04/29/24 11:40 PM

They FN did it again, what idiots, they signed Zeke to a 1 year $3 mil contract. hammer
JJ & Stephen will do anything to sell tickets even though they know it will not help them win one game in the playoffs.

Did you notice how Zeke cleaned his act up for the Patriots, haircut and all of that, bet a case of beer by the end of the season he looks like the freaky worthless fricking clown like when he last played for us.

Originally Posted by Guy

[Linked Image]

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum