Texas Hunting Forum

State Farm

Posted By: Ramsey

State Farm - 03/18/24 10:40 PM

Ask any general or roofing contractor Statefarm and allstate are the hardest to deal with. My mother was a state farm client for 43 years with no tickets or wrecks. She was carjacked at gunpoint and the perp crashed her car into a brick house. It took 75 days for State Farm to settle her claim. She was 78 at the time. It was the layers of management and beauracracry - she never disputed anything such as value to cause the delay!!! Just listing personal experiences with insurance over my life!!
Posted By: kry226

Re: State Farm - 03/18/24 10:51 PM

Insurance is definitely an interesting game. I was rear-ended once on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by a lady who had Geico. The family and I were all just fine and I was in a rental (a low-trim Mustang), so I really didn't care much about the situation. Man, Geico must have called three or four times nearly begging me to file a claim. Even when I turned the damaged car in, Enterprise seemed fearful and gave me the run of the lot for a replacement car. Ended up rolling out of there in a brand new Charger R/T with less than 2k miles. Not really a fan but that Hemi was pretty fun.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: State Farm - 03/18/24 11:17 PM

Have had State Farm for 25 years or so. Two hurricane claims, three vehicle claims. Never a problem. Always thought the settlement was fair.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: State Farm - 03/18/24 11:21 PM

There are horror stories from all of them unfortunately. Been in the business over 20 years. State Farm does seem to be the most consistent though.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: State Farm - 03/18/24 11:57 PM

Had been an Allstate customer for multiple decades and then got clobbered by egg sized hail in 2017 doing over $100K in damage to class 4 metal roof's on multiple buildings. After paying out my claim they refused to renew me a few months later. It was damn near impossible to find new coverage after that and man do I pay through the nose now.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 02:39 AM

Insurance is a scam, as far as I can tell. They gladly take your money every month, and they do everything they can to avoid their obligations when it comes time. And I don’t blame them one bit for that. They are a business. Their goal is to make money, as it should be. It’s the concept that is flawed. How do you make money by taking in a few hundred a month and pay out thousands or more in a single hospital visit? In one unfortunate year, my family racked up right around a million in medical expenses. I can’t imagine I’ve payed into it that much over my lifetime. I don’t know the answer, but the current model doesn’t add up, to me.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 02:46 AM

metlife was the best I ever had service wise, its unfortunate they got out of NTX. I had two total looses and had check with in two weeks
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
metlife was the best I ever had service wise, its unfortunate they got out of NTX. I had two total looses and had check with in two weeks

I agree Met Life was very easy to deal with and fast with payment on our baseball sized hail roof and two vehicle claim.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Yeah, they were awesome on my car. I've got them for dental now. Hoping that side is just as good. They cover more than any other company I've seen at very reasonable rates. I get a discount on their products through my liability insurance for myv massage therapy practice.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 11:44 AM

My parents had State Farm since I was a kid and I kept it once I got my own policy, got married, bought a house, etc.

So in one way or another, I've had State Farm all my life.

Three roofs and one car wreck in all that time and each time it gets exponentially worse.

My original agent died so they handed me off to someone I didn't know. Switched to a local one (I had moved years before) but then he retired so I picked the one I was avoiding for 15 years. The agent's office people are dense, a problem for sure. But the corporate BS they put me through cannot be blamed on the local office. So to me, the company and this agency are both pretty crappy.
Posted By: P_102

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 11:53 AM

My vehicle insurance with State Farm has gone up 78% in the last 3 years. I would have thought moving to a rural area vs city would give me a break.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: State Farm - 03/19/24 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Had been an Allstate customer for multiple decades and then got clobbered by egg sized hail in 2017 doing over $100K in damage to class 4 metal roof's on multiple buildings. After paying out my claim they refused to renew me a few months later. It was damn near impossible to find new coverage after that and man do I pay through the nose now.

This is the worst part about the whole scumbag industry. Happy to take, and can cancel the minute you actually need the insurance. Pathetic.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum