Texas Hunting Forum

Anti-Hunters NM

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Anti-Hunters NM - 08/16/23 10:47 PM

Over welling number of Anti’s are close to shutting down the Aug bear season in NM.

can ya send an email to this address and tell them

“Please reinstate the august bear seasons in the southern zones.”

Dgf-bear-cougar-rules@state.nm.us
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/16/23 11:19 PM

done
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 12:09 AM

People are stupid. Maybe one of their loved ones will be eaten by a bear due to lack of hunters and the numbers get out of control
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 12:39 AM

Will do!
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 12:47 AM

Email sent. These decisions need to be based on sound game management not political activism.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 12:53 AM

I predict the days of hunting in both NM and CO are on borrowed time with all the liberals who reside there now.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I predict the days of hunting in both NM and CO are on borrowed time with all the liberals who reside there now.

Agreed.

I well remember the days when New Mexico was a decidedly Conservative State, gun friendly, hunter friendly. Colorado the same way.

Both blue States now....and all that goes with that. frown
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 01:13 AM

Done. Hope it helps

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 01:55 AM

thanks everyone. There is a plus to an open comment from the public on NMFG. All comments are logged, So it does matter. who knows if we will win, but none the less we are trying.

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Its suxs NM politics are decided by three counties, CO 8 counties.

I will say plenty of rural opposition to current Gov of NM. Lots of signs letting her where to go.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
done

Me to.
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 12:35 PM

So many bears in the Sacramentos. One congenital idiot in Cloudcroft was feeding a group of four a couple of years ago, when one took a bite out of his arm. NMG&F of course had to locate the group of four and destroy them all.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 03:02 PM

Yep, had a little dust up with an anti in Santa Fe a few years back on my way to a mule deer hunt in Utah. I don't know what this guy was thinking, but for some reason he decided it was a good idea to get in the faces of 6 people ranging in age from late 20's to early 50's who were all in mountain hunting shape, and lecture us on the evils of hunting. We all had a good laugh and walked off, but it could have ended poorly for the guy if he tried that on the wrong people.
Posted By: 2000cbr929

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 03:08 PM

Done
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 03:53 PM

Sent
Posted By: CoyoteHill

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/17/23 09:13 PM

We used to elk hunt in new mexico. Not anymore. They've made it so difficult to get an out of state elk license it's not worth it. My dad's ashes are up there at our elk camp and I'll go back to visit, but my hunting days there are no more.

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/18/23 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Yep, had a little dust up with an anti in Santa Fe a few years back on my way to a mule deer hunt in Utah. I don't know what this guy was thinking, but for some reason he decided it was a good idea to get in the faces of 6 people ranging in age from late 20's to early 50's who were all in mountain hunting shape, and lecture us on the evils of hunting. We all had a good laugh and walked off, but it could have ended poorly for the guy if he tried that on the wrong people.

I’ve not had any negative public harassment yet but several of my buddies have been accosted in airports.

I can’t say for sure how I would handle someone getting in my face. That would be an encounter I would like to avoid
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/18/23 12:13 AM

Myself and 6 others bought landowner tags to hunt the Gila back in 2000. Left with a sour taste in my mouth about hunting public land, at least in New Mexico.

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/18/23 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
We used to elk hunt in new mexico. Not anymore. They've made it so difficult to get an out of state elk license it's not worth it. My dad's ashes are up there at our elk camp and I'll go back to visit, but my hunting days there are no more.

Bear is OTC in most units.

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/18/23 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die

I’ve not had any negative public harassment yet but several of my buddies have been accosted in airports.

I can’t say for sure how I would handle someone getting in my face. That would be an encounter I would like to avoid

I had an incident in Idaho on the trail but thats only place I’d call an incident. He was just being a smart [censored], then quickly realized the two guys he was trolling just dropped their packs and his girl was already flirting with them. He got himself and her out pretty quick.

I had a guy last week in C springs airport ask me if I ever lost my bag. I had strapped a sitka jacket to my carry on bag. He then said: He often wonder if a driver hit a camo wearing pedestrian who’s fault it would be. I said the idiot who picked a fight with a truck that’s impossible to beat, all while expecting a law to protect him… The women in front of me chuckled. Hindsight I think he was just goofy, with limited social skills
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/18/23 02:14 AM

Bobos you tell ‘em!!!!

Re: Anti-Hunters NM - 08/18/23 02:14 PM

If a person is a hard core vegan who truly does not consume any animal products, I can respect their belief in thinking it’s immoral to kill animals.

But that’s not the vast majority of Anti-hunters. They will speak out against hunters then go eat a charcuterie board that evening.

It’s mostly rooted in ignorance and internal feelings rather than facts. My favorite is the “ I don’t have an issue with hunting for meat but trophy hunting is wrong”. They don’t realize that animals are not immortal. The end result is the exact same if the hunter shoots the animal and leaves the carcass vs. the animal dying of old age out in the pasture….it’s consumed by predators and scavengers . Not to mention that in most locales the meat is consumed by some means.

Of course hunting is just one topic where feelings are overriding facts and education on the subject….
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum