Texas Hunting Forum

Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch

Posted By: RedRanger

Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 02:46 PM

Have always enjoyed grill chicken hearts. Picked up some Beef Cheeks gonna give it a shot on the grill

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It What For Lunch - 04/14/23 02:49 PM

I like chicken hearts too. Always fried them. Never tried them on the grill. Good luck with the cheek meat. LOL. Waiting for the review...
Posted By: RayB

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It What For Lunch - 04/14/23 02:58 PM

I think they use cheek meat in chorizo, love it with eggs in a taco
Posted By: 8th1

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 03:03 PM

Cheek meat is pretty tough. We have always used for barbacoa, cooked overnight in the slow cooker.
Interesting to see how it turns out on the grill.
Posted By: DukeCigars

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by RayB
I think they use cheek meat in chorizo, love it with eggs in a taco

Chorizo is generally pork, but I’ve made some with venison too. Big fan of the stuff having grown up in south Texas
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 04:08 PM

Cheek meat comes from the butt cheeks. Makes decent grind.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 04:29 PM

Beef Cheeks far exceeded my expectations, It was very good. I just seasoned both meats with Lawrys Salt and pepper, cooked the beef to rare to medium rare.

There was a few grizzly parts but I just chewed them like gum, overall I will cook it again, and give it 8.5 out of 10. But I am beef lover in general and eat at least 2 meals per day that is meat only, I usually fast and never eat breakfast.

Of course the hearts were good as normal.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: elcasador

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

FALSE
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 04:51 PM

Where your sense of humor?
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 05:05 PM

To make it even better is cook it over hot charcoals.
Posted By: elcasador

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 06:05 PM

Where your sense of humor?

roflmao I thought you were serious
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 06:11 PM

Looks delicious.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/14/23 09:03 PM

chicken hearts are a Brazilian favorite. delicious on the charcoal spit.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 03:58 PM

Cut up the rest of the beef check, I found the grizzly part, I would say you loose about 30% of it to fat, I just trimmed and the rest was outstanding, it will be on my weekly grilling schedule for a while

[Linked Image]

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 04:00 PM

Gonna have Pork ribs marinated in Mustard/Soy Sauce and grilled Jalepeno pepper for lunch

And either grill wings or protiens style cheese burger for dinner....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 04:02 PM

I am not gonna lie, I would probably still eat it if it was, I will pretty much eat anything off a cow, I am not choosy, I will marinate it and grill it up.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Cut up the rest of the beef check, I found the grizzly part, I would say you loose about 30% of it to fat, I just trimmed and the rest was outstanding, it will be on my weekly grilling schedule for a while

[Linked Image]

That doesn`t look like anything I would prefer to eat, and I managed a meat market and cut meat for 26 years. I wouldn`t even put that in my hamburger meat if I was going to eat it. That`s just me. confused2 confused2
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 06:18 PM

[Linked Image]

barf
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 06:46 PM

IF I'm starving....yes. Otherwise, not a chance.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 09:25 PM

Coming back strong, gonna make a hamburger protien style (Lettuce instead of Buns) , extra rare, with 3 slices of aged swiss cheese and all the triming and extra pickles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/15/23 10:58 PM

I'd take lettuce over beef assscheeks.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
I'd take lettuce over beef assscheeks.

You sound like a vegan liberal with that comment roflmao

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 02:22 AM

You're the one eating lettuce wrap burgers and assscheeeks, in case you didn't notice. Turn in your man card.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 03:01 AM

You're the one eating lettuce wrap burgers and assscheeeks, in case you didn't notice. Turn in your man card.

You and us have likely eaten plenty of beef and pork buttocks parts and never knew it. Ever had a hotdog?

Beef cheeks are facial meat. Here’s an interesting write up.

https://steakschool.com/slow/how-to-cook-beef-cheeks/

If you ever had barbacoa you’ve eaten cheek meat. Barbacoa makes an extremely tasty taco.

Lettuce wrapped burgers are part of the keto diet or other high protein diet, neither girlie, liberal or conservative.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 07:55 AM

I do the carnivore meal plan, Found the protien style burger at In and out years ago, I enjoy the way it taste, and I stay away from processed food like hamburger buns

It's all about eating healthy and clean for me

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 08:20 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 10:23 AM

[Linked Image]

I am with you on the cheek meat, but why does your dog play with carrots?

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

[Linked Image]

I am with you on the cheek meat, but why does your dog play with carrots?

I feed the rabbits in my area, They like to start eating around dusk, been doing it for a few years now. There is one in the background if you look.

I also put out about 30 lbs of corn almost daily for the mallard and geese at my local pond, It's one of my hobbies I like to do

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 11:06 AM

Middle of summer I get about 7 rabbits laying down and chilling out in the shade, I have noticed this year alot less rabbits in the area

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 12:22 PM

Middle of summer I get about 7 rabbits laying down and chilling out in the shade, I have noticed this year alot less rabbits in the area

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How did they taste??
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK

[Linked Image]

That doesn`t look like anything I would prefer to eat, and I managed a meat market and cut meat for 26 years. I wouldn`t even put that in my hamburger meat if I was going to eat it. That`s just me. confused2 confused2

My sentiment as well. Hope you enjoyed it, all that counts.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 04:09 PM

I make barbacoa out of cheek meat. Other than that I’d rather grill other cuts for the cost.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
I make barbacoa out of cheek meat. Other than that I’d rather grill other cuts for the cost.

I don't like meat that is cooked alot, I want all the proteins and nutrients in the fat, blood, etc. I like my meat very rare, blue as they say.

Choice for tonight:

[Linked Image]

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How did they taste??

I haven't tasted rabbit in 20 plus years, My mother had a farm in Irving and used to raise them and butcher them and sell them to the local grocery stores in the area, it was the family business before I was born. I would rather feed them, they are easy prey for the local bobcats, yotes, hawks and I see them ran over daily in my area.

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/16/23 11:51 PM

Change of plan, Had some baby back or some type of pork ribs that was on sale at Tom Thumb couple weeks ago, buy one get one, I stocked up.

Marintated in Mustard/Soy Sauce and let them soak for a few days, they are very good, along with a fresh grill jap

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Beef Cheek (Prime Rib of the Jowl) and Chicken Hearts - It's What For Lunch - 04/17/23 03:33 PM

pretty sure the carnivore diet is the absence of fruits and vegetables
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum