Texas Hunting Forum

Oxner BBQ Care Package.

Posted By: erathar

Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:37 AM

In the past, I have talked to Cathy a couple of times on FB messenger. I sent her a very detailed message last night of our intentions and how happy it made Bill before. She read it almost instantly and never responded to it or a follow message. So, at this point, it is safe to say she doesn’t want her father to receive it.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:39 AM

Bill is missed here.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:46 AM

That's just sad.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:13 AM

She may be dealing with higher priority issues related to bill.
Posted By: pnh

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:15 AM

She probably thinks we're a bunch of dumbass rednecks! Just my opinion.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:20 AM

He left here, so I would think he’s done with it and the members. I could be wrong but that’s what I got out of it.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:23 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Thinking so, wishing Ox the best
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
[Linked Image]

I now cannot unsee Janet Reno.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:53 AM

Ill bet she found Oxner's old post that had the son in law pics in it, she aint gonna let him back on here...
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Thinking so, wishing Ox the best

As I remember bill always kept his personal health a private matter. But he did share the pain of his wife’s cancer. I believe most of us were happy to listen and sympathize.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 04:52 AM

She's possibly reading this and I hope she understands that despite some light hearted ribbing some gave him that everyone on here only wishes him the very best. She should see that with his post count that he obviously enjoyed this forum. This was place gave him great pleasure. I hope she will give that back to him if he wants to interact on here again.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:10 AM

Y'all have no idea what she is dealing with at this point in time. Might want to respect his family and stop trying to force what you want upon them.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Payne
Y'all have no idea what she is dealing with at this point in time. Might want to respect his family and stop trying to force what you want upon them.

Have you talked to her or Bill personally lately?

What is she dealing with?

I think almost everyone on this board likes Bill and truly cares for him, He was pretty entertaining in general and seemed like an overall very nice gentleman.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 09:57 AM

Leave it be. Don't be intrusive. If "they" wanted y'all to know their personal stuff, "they" could've already been on her. Not everyone is comfortable with telling their own personal business, asking for prayer requests & such. Don't forget the word respect as in respect one's privacy. I get where they are coming from and it really doesn't matter that I do.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Leave it be. Don't be intrusive. If "they" wanted y'all to know their personal stuff, "they" could've already been on her. Not everyone is comfortable with telling their own personal business, asking for prayer requests & such. Don't forget the word respect as in respect one's privacy. I get where they are coming from and it really doesn't matter that I do.

Did the daugther or son in law have an account on the THF?

I don't ever remember seeing them post and I have been a long time member here

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by GusWayne
Ill bet she found Oxner's old post that had the son in law pics in it, she aint gonna let him back on here...

Can you share that post or what is was about?

I don't recall that one.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by erathar
In the past, I have talked to Cathy a couple of times on FB messenger. I sent her a very detailed message last night of our intentions and how happy it made Bill before. She read it almost instantly and never responded to it or a follow message. So, at this point, it is safe to say she doesn’t want her father to receive it.

That is really too bad

Bill lived for the THF and posting here, it was his happy place from what I could see. The THF was like his extended family

Maybe she was just tied up and will hopefully get back to you soon, I would be more than happy to donate for a care package for Bill as I am sure most all of us would.

Please keep us updated if you get any more news about the BBQ care package, I remember one time him posting about getting one from 407 BBQ from what I remember and how happy it made him.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 11:10 AM

Nothing wrong or disingenuous about sending someone in failing health a care package. We may have heard from Bill for the last time here, care package or not though. Bill was an institution when I first came here.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 12:35 PM

Let it go. He decided to leave for his or her reasons. It's none of our business...Adios Bill!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:23 PM

She should at least give us an update as to Bills health and wellness.

Everyone needs closure.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:29 PM

Erathar, your inbox is full.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:33 PM

Even if it's a care package wishing someone well, nobody on a message board has the right to demand interaction or updates with someone who doesn't want to (or is not capable of) engaging on here anymore.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:33 PM

Glad to see all of the love and concern for Bill now, if I remember right the Majority of folks on here gave Bill a hard time!

I agree with all of the comments below except for Buzz's.

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
He left here, so I would think he’s done with it and the members. I could be wrong but that’s what I got out of it.

Originally Posted by Payne

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
She should at least give us an update as to Bills health and wellness.

Everyone needs closure.

Disagree Buzz. She should only do what she feels is in the best interest of her father, not us!

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Let it go. He decided to leave for his or her reasons. It's non of our business...Adios Bill!

That is where I am lost in this puzzle.

I was out of the country from May thru August, I had very spotty internet service in the Philippines. Once I got back on here Bill was no longer here and no longer posting

Did he get in an arguement, or did he just disapper and stop posting?

I am not so sure he left of his own free will, and he may be not be allowed to post where he is staying, from what I remember his care takers are very liberal and probably not a fan of hunters, or men who stand when they urinate, I could be wrong but that is what I got from the few post Bill made about his daughter.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 01:54 PM

Per Bills Posts he was a normal poster up until July 03, 2022. After that he was gone, He came back and made one more post on 09/07/2022 and that was all she wrote.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:10 PM

I agree, let it (him) go. We as a group somehow think that this forum is more relevant than reality. I’m sure she has her hands full.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Let it go. He decided to leave for his or her reasons. It's non of our business...Adios Bill!

That is where I am lost in this puzzle.

I was out of the country from May thru August, I had very spotty internet service in the Philippines. Once I got back on here Bill was no longer here and no longer posting

Did he get in an arguement, or did he just disapper and stop posting?

I am not so sure he left of his own free will, and he may be not be allowed to post where he is staying, from what I remember his care takers are very liberal and probably not a fan of hunters, or men who stand when they urinate, I could be wrong but that is what I got from the few post Bill made about his daughter.

He spoke of only positive and good things about his daughter.
I say again...it's none of our business!!!
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:40 PM

Good golly, let his family be RedRanger.
Health has a way of creeping up on or just slamming the door on older folks.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 02:55 PM

Go figure - man who builds compound for privacy in another country seeks intel on someone he has never met.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 03:12 PM

Go figure - man who builds compound for privacy in another country seeks intel on someone he has never met.

roflmao

That one made me laugh out loud...........

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
Good golly, let his family be RedRanger.
Health has a way of creeping up on or just slamming the door on older folks.

Yep, it sure does don't it

Suxs getting older.......

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 03:42 PM

Can JP or a mod make this a stickee...........
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 03:50 PM

WTF is wrong with you? Let it go already or go kick their door in and demand answers.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

WTF is wrong with you? Let it go already or go kick their door in and demand answers.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 03:59 PM

For a bunch of supposedly freedom abiding first and second amendment hugger types on here, we have a whole lot of dictatorial type people that seem to think these things apply only to themselves but not others.

The first amendment protects not just the ability to say what we want, but also the ability to stay quiet too.

Leave it be. He is gone and no one on here is gonna change that.

And if you think he is being held by his daughter against his will, then go make a claim with the local PD and i can almost guarantee you will be the one with pie on your face at the end of that.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
For a bunch of supposedly freedom abiding first and second amendment hugger types on here, we have a whole lot of dictatorial type people that seem to think these things apply only to themselves but not others.

The first amendment protects not just the ability to say what we want, but also the ability to stay quiet too.

Leave it be. He is gone and no one on here is gonna change that.

And if you think he is being held by his daughter against his will, then go make a claim with the local PD and i can almost guarantee you will be the one with pie on your face at the end of that.

What city is he in? Do have an address for a welfare check
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 04:17 PM

I am sure a private investigator would be able to find it for you RR.

If you are being serious (highly doubt) i really think the way he talked about his daughter on here is indication enough he is being taken care of properly

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I am sure a private investigator would be able to find it for you RR.

If you are being serious (highly doubt) i really think the way he talked about his daughter on here is indication enough he is being taken care of properly

You were the one whom suggested a welfare check on him, that is what we pay the police for isnt it? They are to provide customer service the best they can to the citizens and taxpayers.

I have never personally seen what he wrote about his daugther, since I didn't pay much attention to alot of his posts.

I was thinking you might of knew where he was living.

I did get an update on Mr Bill, so I am happy with it
Posted By: erathar

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 04:46 PM

I’m not prying in anyone’s business. I was only trying to do something for Bill so he would know there are people here wishing him well. I know he enjoyed the first one we sent him tremendously. I had a few people pm asking about an update, so I was putting it out there for everybody. If she doesn’t want it sent, so be it.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:00 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:28 PM

Totally up to her if she was left in charge. I've been in her position, twice, and sometimes you just get tired of answering peoples questions.

But I do remember him speaking of death and he said he had written directions to her that when he passes, he wanted her to post here. Whether or not she will, who knows? I miss Bill too but I miss alot of other people even more and guess what? Ain't a damn one of em coming back. Life goes on. Get over it. Mind your own business.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:39 PM

More than likely Bill cannot eat solid food and she has bigger things to worry about. I agree with just letting him be.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:44 PM

Look at it this way...it will be a long time before his post count totals fall off the leader board!

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:47 PM

Look at it this way...it will be a long time before his post count totals fall off the leader board!

"If" he evers comes back and get WOS or banned his number go away.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:49 PM

I had forgotten I had actually talked to Bill on the phone last year, he sounded frail to me, Didn't think much about it, thought it might be his normal voice and tone.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by GusWayne

Can you share that post or what is was about?

I don't recall that one.

Yeah a few years ago Ox posted a pic of his family that included his son in law

The guys really gave Ox hell over it, the SIL did seem to be the hipster type by the way he dressed

And I know his daughter has logged on here before
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 06:04 PM

Oxner is just a memory. I think it`s time to move on from old Bill and focus on other things. I`m going to post his boiled Tenderloin picture for the last time and then delete it from my file. My last time ever posting on an Oxner topic. I`m moving on. So long old buddy. salute

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
salute
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 07:00 PM

Assuming his health took a turn for the worse and his daughter is caring for him, then prayers for both of them. It's not an easy thing to go through.

erathar, I think it was a great idea and an awesome gesture. I would have absolutely contributed.

Posted By: J.G.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 07:14 PM

Erather's heart was in the right place.

Everyone else needs to let it go.

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 07:27 PM

Go to his facebook page and then to his daughters page, she just posted about him 2 days ago

She tells about him and how he is doing

Tells you all you need to know........
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by pnh

This is probably closer to the truth than most of y'all realize.
Posted By: John175 ®

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 08:00 PM

I liked Bill...if Bill be gone then he gone. Wish him the best and move on.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise
Originally Posted by pnh

This is probably closer to the truth than most of y'all realize.

I followed RedRanger's advice above and after seeing some of that, it's an absolute certainty.

Prayers for Bill. Sounds like he's a really bad way.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Oxner BBQ Care Package. - 04/10/23 08:29 PM

Everyone treated him like [censored] then wonder why he left
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum