Texas Hunting Forum

Memphis, Tn

Posted By: BigPig

Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 04:02 AM

Y’all paying attention to what happened there last week?

From the reports I’ve heard, Rodney King is a tame beating compared to what happened in Memphis.

I’m curious to see how the woke crowd is going to respond, although they may have a legitimate reason this time.

Video drops tomorrow at 6pm.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:06 AM

Agencies in large cities are preparing for riots over this one.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:08 AM

Why in the world would they release it on Friday evening? It's like they want riots.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Agencies in large cities are preparing for riots over this one.

Yep. We cancelled all discretionary leave. Updated the Alpha/Bravo list. SRG has been activated.

Thank god I have a 3 day weekend starting at 6am. bolt
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:47 AM

I hope it’s not as bad as it sounds. All 5 officers charged with murder, and 2 firefighters got fired.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
I hope it’s not as bad as it sounds. All 5 officers charged with murder, and 2 firefighters got fired.

The guy needed transport by ambulance, from what I’ve heard, the cops wouldn’t let the paramedics transport and tossed him in the back of the car and drove him around for a while.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig

The guy needed transport by ambulance, from what I’ve heard, the cops wouldn’t let the paramedics transport and tossed him in the back of the car and drove him around for a while.

I saw they have them on kidnapping charges, so that comes from driving him around?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 10:59 AM

Y’all paying attention to what happened there last week?

From the reports I’ve heard, Rodney King is a tame beating compared to what happened in Memphis.

I’m curious to see how the woke crowd is going to respond, although they may have a legitimate reason this time.

Video drops tomorrow at 6pm.

popcorn
Posted By: LarryT

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:17 AM

what exactly did the guy do to make the cops want to beat him?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by LarryT
what exactly did the guy do to make the cops want to beat him?

Per my limited research:

Police pulled Nichols over on 7 January for alleged reckless driving, his family's attorneys said on Monday. The police department initially claimed that a “confrontation” unfolded when officers approached the vehicle, adding that he ran away, then when they arrested him there was another “confrontation”.

I would think the video will show what and why.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:42 AM

Thanks. Not justifying the cops...... but it once again goes back to don't resist the cops & obey & he probably would be alive.

Live to fight another day.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:48 AM

Thanks. Not justifying the cops...... but it once again goes back to don't resist the cops & obey & he probably would be alive.

Normally I would agree with you, but the story I heard from this is inexcusable. Word is that there may be up to 20 more terminated and charges filed, all within the same unit as the first 5.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:50 AM

Us older guys know that, younger adults and kids haven't realized that or learned that yet...

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:52 AM

Normally I would agree with you, but the story I heard from this is inexcusable. Word is that there may be up to 20 more terminated and charges filed, all within the same unit as the first 5.

eek2

Wouldn't they already fired them by now? And charges been brought by now?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

eek2

Yes, have been; all terminated, all charged with 2nd degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping and official misconduct...

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid

eek2

Yes, have been; all terminated, all charged with 2nd degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping and official misconduct...

Word is that there may be up to 20 more terminated and charges filed, all within the same unit as the first 5.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 12:25 PM

Not that it excuses what those police officers did, wonder what the story is on Tyre Nichols, is he a just a regular citizen that made a mistake or a career criminal?
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Not that it excuses what those police officers did, wonder what the story is on Tyre Nichols, is he a just a regular citizen that made a mistake or a career criminal?

From what I can find he was just a normal working stiff with no criminal history.

I lived in Memphis as a kid and my dad was a police officer. Before there he was an officer in Detroit. Memphis is so bad that working there drove him out of law enforcement. Outside of the majority white neighborhoods the city is a [censored].
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
Why in the world would they release it on Friday evening? It's like they want riots.

So folks can enjoy their free flat screen and Nike's this weekend.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:24 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RayB

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:25 PM

The goveners should call up the National Guard, while they stay peaceful you don't get shot down like the stupid anarchists you are. Won't happen but it should
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:41 PM

I just wish that for once, the police and national guard would be allowed to have a “mostly peaceful response” to the “mostly peaceful protests”.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger
I just wish that for once, the police and national guard would be allowed to have a “mostly peaceful response” to the “mostly peaceful protests”.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:43 PM

I guess alleged reckless driving will get you kilt by the Po Po.
Supposedly body cam video is to be released today.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:45 PM

Totally agree. Should have happened way back in California with that Rodney King Riot in "92. Things would be different today.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:53 PM

I like to point this out but I don't think that people understand how true this is. The anti Vietnam War protest movement ended the day the national Guardsmen shot those people at Kent State. There wasn't a single organized mass protest against the war after that.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by blkt2
I like to point this out but I don't think that people understand how true this is. The anti Vietnam War protest movement ended the day the national Guardsmen shot those people at Kent State. There wasn't a single organized mass protest against the war after that.

My Mother graduated from Kent State and had a front row seat to the protesting and killing that day.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 02:47 PM

Since Biden is in office, the agitators and media won't stir things up like they did with Floyd.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Since Biden is in office, the agitators and media won't stir things up like they did with Floyd.

up

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz

There were agitators who were not from Atlanta at the recent events in that city but I still believe there is some truth in your comment.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

[Linked Image]

I'm still waiting on our PD to ask us to do this.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.

[Linked Image]

When I first moved to fort worth GD was on strike. They allowed liquor on the picket line. Things got very ugly and eventually the FD was called in to give them a nice shower.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 03:16 PM

[Linked Image]

If it gets to that point in your city then we've got much bigger problems. I'd advise keeping a rifle handy.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 03:37 PM

Super Bowl right around the corner. TVs will be at a premium.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 03:42 PM

Word is, they know this is going to blow up, and want to give the citizens a chance to get home from work before the poop starts to fly.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie

Word is, they know this is going to blow up, and want to give the citizens a chance to get home from work before the poop starts to fly.

Fuels the news media agenda for the weekend.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 03:46 PM

Here's hoping Beal Street comes out okay.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

And let's not forget the money to be made directly and indirectly from government funding to rebuild.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

And let's not forget the money to be made directly and indirectly from government funding to rebuild.

Yep! Up there in DC, they'll love that "necessary" expenditure

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 04:58 PM

Kinda strange all the officers charged were black, I guess we won't be hearing from Black Lives Matters on this one

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 04:59 PM

up

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:06 PM

'

up

A video of Tyre Nichols being killed by police is due to be released Friday. Even the police chief says what it shows is 'heinous' and 'inhumane.'

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:14 PM

Baltimore was burned in the race riots in the sixties. Money to rebuild it has been spent about eight times over now. Walk the streets in Baltimore and you will see buildings that have been burned out since the 1960s that have never been rebuilt. Deep Democratic control means any money sent to them gets stolen and it never makes it to its intended use. Just look at the tens of billions of dollars that were sent for New Orleans to upgrade the levees that never got upgraded and no one can account for the money. That came to light when the levees failed during Hurricane Katrina.

My parents still own the home in Memphis that we bought in the early '70s. The day we bought it it was the nicest house on the block and it still is. The only thing that can be done to improve that neighborhood is burning It to the ground. Just look up the area on Zillow and see for yourself. The house is on Chippewa Street and it is close to an elementary school called Knight Road Elementary. I doubt a single house on the block has had any maintenance in 30 years other than ours. When I go to the neighborhood I see shingles that are practically flat and roof decking that is bowing in not to mention rotten trim on every eve and window sash.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Just curious as to why it is not done? Maybe with the cold weather just a "shower" would break things up.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:23 PM

Kinda strange all the officers charged were black, I guess we won't be hearing from Black Lives Matters on this one

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:48 PM

Worse than Rodney King

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/memphis-police-brutality/2023/01/27/id/1106173/

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Davis300

If the Training Director for the MPD is white, don't be surprised if they hang it on him.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 05:58 PM

I'm really kind of baffled at this whole circumstance. Even the most roided up a hole isn't going to beat someone to death when there's four other guys who are not roided up a holes standing next to him who will stop him. What got into these five officers crawls that made them go off on this guy so hard?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 06:15 PM

Radio Traffic:

“Any other Scorpion car pull over to East Raines and Ross. We have one running on foot,” one officer was heard saying on radio traffic from Broadcastify obtained by WREG.

An officer asks for a perimeter to be set up.

“Run that tag, see the address,” an officer says.

Officers realize Nichols lives close by. It sounds as if some kind of chase has started.

“[Inaudible]… at Ross and Castlegate Lane, he’s fighting at this time.”

What happens over the course of the interactions and confrontations as described by police is sparsely documented on the radio.

“Taser was deployed as well,” one officer said.

Later a female voice says, “Fire, this is police, uh, we need ya’ll to come to East Raines and Ross. We have officers on scene. They, uh, sprayed a person.”

https://wreg.com/news/local/tyre-ni...ichols-police-radio-traffic-holds-clues/

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 06:20 PM

If the Training Director for the MPD is white, don't be surprised if they hang it on him.

I work in Memphis quite a bit....don't see many who foot the bill you are describing good Sir.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie

[Linked Image]

Just curious as to why it is not done? Maybe with the cold weather just a "shower" would break things up.

Because it definitely can hurt people.

Go outside on your driveway with your pressure washer, and drive a 1" rock down the driveway.

Now, upscale all that to +1000 gallons per minute on a straight stream. People would be skipped down the street like that 1" rock.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 07:52 PM

People would be skipped down the street like that 1" rock.

Sounds like a Pay-per-view opportunity. I'd pay to see Dallas cleaned up that route rofl

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 08:08 PM

JG

I guess the real question would be whether or not you would blast somebody with a hose if you were told to do so. Nothing says you have to keep spraying them while they Zing down the street getting covered in road rash although I can see that being pretty fun if you are discriminate in who you use the hose on.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 08:19 PM

I'm really kind of baffled at this whole circumstance. Even the most roided up a hole isn't going to beat someone to death when there's four other guys who are not roided up a holes standing next to him who will stop him. What got into these five officers crawls that made them go off on this guy so hard?

Rumor has it that the unit they work in has a history of passing around a trophy to whoever beats up their prisoner the worst. Supposedly none of this was on body cameras, instead it was caught on a live feed pole camera. Rumor says they took turns kicking in the head and giving high 5’s to each other. Sounds more like the culture vs bring roid rage
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 08:52 PM

Rumor has it that the unit they work in has a history of passing around a trophy to whoever beats up their prisoner the worst. Supposedly none of this was on body cameras, instead it was caught on a live feed pole camera. Rumor says they took turns kicking in the head and giving high 5’s to each other. Sounds more like the culture vs bring roid rage

Holy smokes, if that proves out it is horrendous and they deserve what they get.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 09:31 PM

Kent State Event occurred on May 7, 1970

There were plenty of big protests after that, up to the end of the war. One of them is in the movie Born on the Fourth of July.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 10:10 PM

If that's true this is going to blow up bad. They can get away with that for a long time if who they're beating on is a criminal with a long track record but from the look of it this guy isn't a George Floyd, he was some innocent young man on his way home from work probably monkeying around on his phone and swerved a few times, got scared, and decided to play Jack Rabbit getting away from the officers. Unless they find a cooler full of severed heads of children in the back of this guy's car this is going to go sideways really fast. Title this one "When pretext stops go bad".

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

There were plenty of big protests after that, up to the end of the war. One of them is in the movie Born on the Fourth of July.

Keyword there is organized. I should have clarified by adding the groups that were doing all the organization that stopped after Kent State.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 10:29 PM

Keyword there is organized. I should have clarified by adding the groups that were doing all the organization that stopped after Kent State.

Not wanting to argue but that's just incorrect.

Yes there were plenty of organized protests. It's not difficult to find. These are just two examples:

- April 22,1972: Mass antiwar demonstrations sponsored by National Peace Action Coalition, People's Coalition for Peace and Justice, and other organizations attracted an estimated 100,000 people in New York and 12,000 in Los Angeles, 25,000 in San Francisco and other cities around the US and the world.
- April 24, 1971: Peaceful "Vietnam War Out Now" rally on the National Mall, Washington, D.C., in which "upwards of half a million took part"
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
People would be skipped down the street like that 1" rock.

Sounds like a Pay-per-view opportunity. I'd pay to see Dallas cleaned up that route rofl

Me too! roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:12 PM

I’m eating dinner early so I can get home and watch riot tv.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:37 PM

What channel?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:37 PM

The media is pulling out all the stops and fanning the flames as much as they can.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:48 PM

The media is pulling out all the stops and fanning the flames as much as they can.

Keeps people engaged and glued to the wonkavision.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/27/23 11:59 PM

Or concerning themselves with classified documents in a garage roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:01 AM

Or concerning themselves with classified documents in a garage roflmao

That's funny, sad, and true.

up

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:09 AM

Video has been released. I suspect news media outlets will be posting anytime now.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:13 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:30 AM

Its out

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nic...rities-release-video-deadly-traffic-stop

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:32 AM

Just from what I saw, he was being non compliant but not assaultive towards them. It looks like that’s what they wanted. Little if any attempt to handcuff him so they could get a bunch of licks in on him.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:36 AM

Anything to advance the agenda…. argue

Clearly the officers were significantly in the wrong…

But, if it advances the agenda….24/7/365 coverage…

If it doesn’t advance the agenda…meh….

Right or wrong No longer matters….just perspective and agenda… 2cents
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:47 AM

It all starts with being non compliant.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:53 AM

frown

https://vimeo.com/CityofMemphis
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
It all starts with being non compliant.

Now you Jes hush rat naw….don’t you dare let facts git it th way of a perfectly good agenda advancement…

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:01 AM

So an NYPD patch for Memphis, TN? Got it.

Hopefully Memphis has Rooftop Koreans, like L.A. does.

[Linked Image]

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:04 AM

I saw a few videos. Pole cam.

What a let down. Nowhere close to Rodney King.

I saw a few punches and a few kicks. Murder? I need a full autopsy with toxicology report.
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

I saw a few punches and a few kicks. Murder? I need a full autopsy with toxicology report.

My thoughts. I’m trying to figure out how a skinny dude managed to get away from 5 bulky cops.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:17 AM

Ive seen Waffle House broads take worse beatings.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by tenyearsgone

My thoughts. I’m trying to figure out how a skinny dude managed to get away from 5 bulky cops.

I can just about guarantee you they have a policy against striking a handcuffed AP. They figured if they don't handcuff and control him, they can take shots on him and be within the policy. Then he went and died which complicated things. I'd like to see the toxicology report too. That will be hidden as long as possible most likely.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:30 AM

Did they die?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:33 AM

Did they die?

No. And neither did Rodney King. Who took one hell of a beating.

I would need to see a full autopsy. To see if he had a heart attack or drugs in his system.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:35 AM

Did they die?

I would need to see a full autopsy. To see if he had a heart attack or drugs in his system.

So that would make it OK?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:35 AM

Ho hum ho hum…another riot. Shocker…

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:36 AM

And still love him roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:38 AM

Did they die?

So that would make it OK?

I’m not saying it was ok. It was a vicious attack. But the Rodney King narrative that was being pushed was not accurate. To me anyway.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:49 AM

Just watched it, doesn't look as bad as Rodney King to me

Looks like some real dip s cops going overboard

Just tuned into the news too see if there are any riots

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by tenyearsgone

I can just about guarantee you they have a policy against striking a handcuffed AP. They figured if they don't handcuff and control him, they can take shots on him and be within the policy. Then he went and died which complicated things. I'd like to see the toxicology report too. That will be hidden as long as possible most likely.

Kicks, to what looks like the head, are probably difficult to defend in court.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:08 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Anything to advance the agenda…. argue

Clearly the officers were significantly in the wrong…

But, if it advances the agenda….24/7/365 coverage…

If it doesn’t advance the agenda…meh….

Right or wrong No longer matters….just perspective and agenda… 2cents

Very true. So many miss this as they knee jerk. That's what they want

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:14 AM

It appears to be a non Soros funded event

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:18 AM

Its a terrible deal but I knew it wouldn't be a Baltimore type deal

The funding and agenda is different...

Its as predictable as the jab

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:40 AM

Pole camera tells all...they (5 officers) are [censored]. Would like to see the body came footage of each officer while they stood him up and hit him with their baton, threw haymakers and kicks at him. He was NOT resisting at all at that point. He was defenseless. I get the use of tazers and pepper spray to gain compliance but it was beyond that point.

I hope the upstanding citizens of Memphis find it in their hearts to administer social justice. Save the tax dollars, I hope these [censored] never see a court room or a trial.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:00 AM

Imagine the hell of burning buildings if Trump were in office, really any Republican in office

Think about it
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:12 AM

just pituful

not racist just some dumbazz BAD cops. What do you call it when blacks kill a black? this is not racism it's just being stupid.

The ambulance chasing lawyer is lining up another huge payday when he sues the D.S. out of Memphis.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by GusWayne
Imagine the hell of burning buildings if Trump were in office, really any Republican in office

Think about it

A man that had been completely subdued was punched and kicked
by 5 police officers and then left without medical treatment to die.

Think about it.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:15 AM

Its like a scene from the jungle when the Alphas detect weakness, nature tells them to eliminate the weak.
Posted By: jackmason

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:16 AM

Let down?
What was missing for ya?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by jackmason

Let down?
What was missing for ya?

You have to remember there are Forum Hardass Reputations
to uphold.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:29 AM

Sounds like something that would be well known in the neighborhood
so not so hard to understand why a person might not want to “comply”.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by PKnTX

Think about it

A man that had been completely subdued was punched and kicked
by 5 police officers and then left without medical treatment to die.

Think about it.

Is anybody disagreeing with you?

The answer is no...what I am saying is how many times did we see cities burned on similar actions by LE while a republican was in office?

And as of yet, nothing

The George Floyd incident was just as bad

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:44 AM

The race pimps told all the “members of the community” to stand down.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:29 AM

Bottom line: If he hadn't run in the first place..............You fill in the blanks.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by DannyB
Bottom line: If he hadn't run in the first place..............You fill in the blanks.

he ran so he deserved to be beat and killed?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:20 AM

A reoccurring theme with all these incidents.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 10:34 AM

I just watched the video, looks like to me he was running for his life.

They way he was pulled over and yanked out of his car

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 11:52 AM

Let down?
What was missing for ya?

Crump compared it to the Rodney King beating. It wasn't anything like that; as beatings go it wasn't much to look at. I believe I have taken worse and then went back inside the bar and kept drinking and having fun.

Still, what they did wasn't necessary. Anyone of the officers could have easily taken him into custody by themselves.

I am seeing manipulation of language by the media to make this look worse. They quote the autopsy report that says the beating caused extensive bleeding but nowhere does it say it's internal bleeding that led to his death. A hit to the head that causes a small cut will cause extensive bleeding. It that what they are talking about in the report?

A fatal beating is relatively uncommon in adults because it is tough to inflect enough damage to kill someone unless the person is just very unlucky or there is something wrong with them.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:03 PM

Just watched it, doesn't look as bad as Rodney King to me

Looks like some real dip s cops going overboard

Just tuned into the news too see if there are any riots

I agree the beatings don't look that bad, but remember Youtube will remove a video if it's too graphic

Somehow or somewhere he got beat pretty bad, maybe not on camera, but the end result looks like either the cops were road rage or maybe they were on steriods and had steriod rage.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:10 PM

Then they would have had more energy to beat him? With cops like that, I wouldn’t assume that they’d behave in any situation. It may be why he ran in the first place.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Then they would have had more energy to beat him? With cops like that, I wouldn’t assume that they’d behave in any situation. It may be why he ran in the first place.

My dog is inclined to confront and investigate things to see if they are of interest or a threat. If that something runs the entire mindset changes and my dog is hell bent on catching whatever is trying to runaway. People act the same way.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 01:11 PM

They start beating him in this video, go to 1:35 second

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 02:02 PM

He did not resist at all. He ran for his life and paid the price. You know those officers are in hiding...I hope karma finds them. [censored] pieces of [censored]!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 02:46 PM

What excuse can be given to kick a restrained man in the head so hard that you limp away?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 02:51 PM

BTW...the victims family is going to get PAID! Memphis will go broke.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
What excuse can be given to kick a restrained man in the head so hard that you limp away?

Being plain mean.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:03 PM

BTW...the victims family is going to get PAID! Memphis will go broke.

Have you been to Memphis? Outside of a couple of wealthy white neighborhoods and the tourist District Memphis already is broke. It is darn near Detroit south.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:04 PM

Were the paramedics fired as well? Video shows them trying to render assistance.

Edit - They were relieved of duty...

Relieved of Duty
Posted By: Guy

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:30 PM

Watched this morning, that was a hard watch, poor guy crying for his mother. Those cops are mental.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Watched this morning, that was a hard watch, poor guy crying for his mother. Those cops are mental.

And that is the key point. Sadism pure and simple.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 03:49 PM

Well I guess we date ourselves on this one. That Christmas Movie "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart. He goes back into Town and the cop tells him to stop and he runs away with the cop shooting at him. At the time, those watching the movie didn't think a thing of it. There are a couple of videos on the net of police officers (their own body cams) walking up to a car to ask for the license and the last thing you see is the driver pulling out a gun and shooting. The police officer being killed. I wish some of those videos would be shown on TV. There was an incident in Florida. A high school girl acting badly and being "slam Dunked" to the floor by a school safety cop. What is NOT SHOWN was her pushing the cop and swearing at him REPEATEDLY. In any event in this Memphis situation, I never saw the "victim" comply. Yelling at the top of your voice "I can't Breathe" "I'm complying" while you are thrashing around. That's not complying. Did the police get a chance to search his pockets for weapons/ NO. Did he "comply" by letting them handcuff him? No. Did he try to grab the gun of one of the police officers? Yes. Did he get up and run away? Yes. Was excessive force used? Unfortunately yes. What I can't figure out is how 5 police officers can't control one perp. Maybe there ought to be something better than a tazer- like the knockout darts fish and game people use to tag bears, etc. Shoot the guy with the dart, knock him out, search for weapons and handcuff him.
Next question. This is the same thing as Minneapolis. George Floyd's family got to sue for civil rights and hate crime issues. Will the victims family in Memphis get the same treatment?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:11 PM

Let down?
What was missing for ya?

Crump compared it to the Rodney King beating. It wasn't anything like that; as beatings go it wasn't much to look at. I believe I have taken worse and then went back inside the bar and kept drinking and having fun.

Still, what they did wasn't necessary. Anyone of the officers could have easily taken him into custody by themselves.

I am seeing manipulation of language by the media to make this look worse. They quote the autopsy report that says the beating caused extensive bleeding but nowhere does it say it's internal bleeding that led to his death. A hit to the head that causes a small cut will cause extensive bleeding. It that what they are talking about in the report?

A fatal beating is relatively uncommon in adults because it is tough to inflect enough damage to kill someone unless the person is just very unlucky or there is something wrong with them.

It only takes one well placed kick or punch to cause brain damage. Considering they kicked him in the head several times, and punched him repeatedly, my guess is brain trauma is what caused his death, not internal bleeding.

So you've been beaten unconscious by 5 guys, kicked and punched in the face repeatedly while being held down, and without defending yourself, pepper sprayed, tazed, beaten with a baton, and then walked back into a bar and kept drinking? roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:19 PM

Yep. My guess is this is not the first time those cops have beat the [censored] out of someone. If they hadn't dragged him out of his car at gunpoint at a routine traffic stop.....

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:43 PM

Scorpion Squads of the Memphis PD

this is what they do. Read about them this morning.

I agree the kid was TRULY running for his LIFE.

I also agree do what the cop tells you BUT this was no ordinary stop. These Scorpion Squads inflict pain.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 04:50 PM

Let down?
What was missing for ya?

It only takes one well placed kick or punch to cause brain damage. Considering they kicked him in the head several times, and punched him repeatedly, my guess is brain trauma is what caused his death, not internal bleeding.

So you've been beaten unconscious by 5 guys, kicked and punched in the face repeatedly while being held down, and without defending yourself, pepper sprayed, tazed, beaten with a baton, and then walked back into a bar and kept drinking? :roflmao:

I've been beaten down by groups of men multiple times. Usually it's when I get in a fight with one person, am winning, and then their friends jump in. Been pepper sprayed more times than I can count, have never been knocked out, have been hit in the head with everything you can think of short of an ax. The one time I was mentioning I didn't have a choice about going back into the bar because my eyes were swollen so shut that I couldn't drive and I had to wait for my friend to get off work so I can get a ride home; at that point why wouldn't I have a couple of beers? I've also been hit with a stun gun more times than I can count and it was usually my girlfriend doing it because I asked her to. She didn't have a problem with it because she's a professional dominatrix. Had her pepper spray me as well. If you're wondering why I did that I was practicing fighting so I could be sure that I could handle stuff like that and still be able to defend myself.

You do realize that some people in the world are outright nuts don't you?
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:09 PM

I realize that you are nuts.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:13 PM

Dang blkt, you sound like a real self proclaimed bad A. Maybe the toughest hombre on the interwebz, definitely the toughest on THF. Save some tang for the rest of ordinary dudes.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:14 PM

I'll clarify things a little bit. The dominatrix I split up with in 2012, we are still friends and she came to my wedding last year.

I've always been into fighting before the MMA stuff became popular and it's been my thing since my early teens. I also dated a bunch of crazy women and strippers and in case you haven't been around that trouble comes with it so I got in fights pretty often. That stuff is years behind me.

I'll tell you one thing that you used to freak out even the most hardcore people I was around. I would get punch brand pepper spray and use it as a condiment on hot dogs and eat it in front of them. Not sure if I could do that today. As odd as it sounds I've never been a big drinker and most of the crazy stuff I've done in my life was done straight sober.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:18 PM

roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:24 PM

Dang blkt, you sound like a real self proclaimed bad A. Maybe the toughest hombre on the interwebz, definitely the toughest on THF. Save some tang for the rest of ordinary dudes.

I normally keep this kind of stuff to myself but somebody gave a condescending smarmy remark so I thought I'd reply. Growing up my dad was a police officer in two major Metro areas. Do you seriously think I wouldn't have grown up knowing how to fight? Memphis Tennessee was one of them and I was in schools that were usually about 80% black and I'm not a big guy. Nothing makes you a better fighter than fighting people constantly when you're completely overmatched and until late in middle school I usually got my butt handed to me constantly.

Edit, getting beat up and not dying doesn't make you a badass or a tough guy. When it comes to fighting I think I've won more than I've lost but I've also never kept count.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:32 PM

I remember when I was at my grandmothers house in Garland, probably around 1979 or 1980. My uncle just got out of Army and was a longhair. He come running in the house with Garland police chasing behind him on his motorcycle. He ran to a bedroom which was a bad idea. They tied him to the bed and wore him out. I still remember one of the cops on top of him and telling me to hand him a belt on the dresser.

He was in icu for awhile.

He said he was so high he don’t really remember it. But he does refer to it as the time he got “Garlandized”. Garland had that reputation back then.
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:34 PM

This is always the first question I always ask. Something triggered them. Show the video from the very beginning.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:36 PM

I watched it. Nobody in the United States should be pulled out of their vehicle like that and beaten for a routine traffic stop, while defenseless on the ground. This wasn't like those other incidents where the victims were fighting officers, or high, or resisting. He ran because he was scared for his life. It’s horrible that those cops just killed an innocent man. Kudos to his mother for calling for peaceful protests, and not violence and destruction.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:49 PM

^^^ His parents certainly are a Class Act. I don't think I could be that calm.

Officers need to use as much force as required to safely take someone into custody. What they did is beyond excessive considering that the man died. They will be held accountable.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 05:59 PM

I remember when I was at my grandmothers house in Garland, probably around 1979 or 1980. My uncle just got out of Army and was a longhair. He come running in the house with Garland police chasing behind him on his motorcycle. He ran to a bedroom which was a bad idea. They tied him to the bed and wore him out. I still remember one of the cops on top of him and telling me to hand him a belt on the dresser.

He was in icu for awhile.

He said he was so high he don’t really remember it. But he does refer to it as the time he got “Garlandized”. Garland had that reputation back then.

It hasn't gotten any better since then.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Donpilot
Show the video from the very beginning.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 06:18 PM

Officers need to use as much force as required to safely take someone into custody. What they did is beyond excessive considering that the man died. They will be held accountable.

they about to become mega rich

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I'm pretty sure they don't really care about that and would much rather have their son back.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 06:36 PM

I'm pretty sure they don't really care about that and would much rather have their son back.

Absolutely.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 06:46 PM

If a white cop was involved all heck would break out.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 06:54 PM

Is that supposed to justify their actions?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 07:09 PM

^ There will be much more video released as time goes on.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 07:13 PM

Why did they have to ask repeatedly for his hands? He must have been resisting quite a bit. Do not agree with the complete beat down but just do what you’re asked for crying out loud

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by jskin
Why did they have to ask repeatedly for his hands? He must have been resisting quite a bit. Do not agree with the complete beat down but just do what you’re asked for crying out loud

What I saw was not" complying". That's not the same as resisting or fighting back.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Truer words have not been spoken.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 07:29 PM

What I saw was not" complying". That's not the same as resisting or fighting back.

What’s the difference? Not doing what he was told either way. Which is usually 90% of the problem in these cases.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 08:34 PM

Some people panic when they are getting manhandled. They could have easily grabbed his arms when it was clear that the man was in a panic. They didn't cuff him because they wanted to tune him up a bit.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Truer words have not been spoken.

I heard one of the so-called experts ask why there wasn't a sergeant in control of the situation. Surely there's a white guy somewhere in the mix to place at least some of the blame.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

If there’s nothing to hide then release all the videos. So far I’ve seen multiple 3-4 minute snippets rather than all the DME. The entire video will likely throw some shade in him and that doesn’t fit the agenda.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:35 PM

^ again our resident Po Po thinking everyone is deserving of their results.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:37 PM

Maybe now black on black crime will be put and kept front and center. I won't hold my breath.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

If there’s nothing to hide then release all the videos. So far I’ve seen multiple 3-4 minute snippets rather than all the DME. The entire video will likely throw some shade in him and that doesn’t fit the agenda.

Kinda like that part of red rangers video at 135 show him running

Did he earn some fleeing by vehicle and on foot prior to the pole cam?

( no, doesn’t make the beating right)

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:47 PM

This is one cops full video. At 20:20, cop talkes about first pulling him over. Sounds l like cop was pissed that he did not stop fast enough, he was probably trying to find a safe place to pull over. He go to a red light with turn signal on, and the cops jumped him then.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:47 PM

From the reports it looks like he ditched his car and then attempted to run home on foot. An officer ran the plate on his car and realized that the house it was registered to was just a block or two away and they intercepted him aboit 80 yards from his front door.

Something was off about the guy, he may have been under the influence, been carrying contraband, thought he had a warrant, or he could have simply been terrified of the law. No amount of erratic behavior from him Justified the beating he received. You only have to put it on someone hard enough to get them in compliance long enough for you to Cuff them, that's it. Back in the day my dad used a leather Sap filled with shot to knock people out long enough to get them under control. Nowadays they use a Taser which doesn't work nearly as well and they occasionally kills the person on the receiving end.

The man was 150lbs. Unless he was on PCP he should have been easy to handle for one trained officer much less five.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 09:57 PM

I do not understand why they are struggling with him so much, how many cops does it take to cuff a guy? 1 to kick his head, 1 to taze him, 1 to spray him, 1 to punch him..Wait, no one is cuffing him?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I do not understand why they are struggling with him so much, how many cops does it take to cuff a guy? 1 to kick his head, 1 to taze him, 1 to spray him, 1 to punch him..Wait, no one is cuffing him?

From what I see from scattered video

He did evade on foot
He did resist
I never saw an effective tase
Imo they spray him early and a lot, it affects everyone different. No body wanted to go hands on once sprayed and one clip I saw it’s like nobody wanted to get their pants dirty.
They should have gained control of his legs
OC spay makes people mad , real mad

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

He did evade on foot
He did resist

Yeah he did. Had he just hit the ground belly first with hands out and let them cuff him, things might have worked out differently. That is what I would have done, but instead, he kept looking up and looking at them and saying "Stop, don't do that..." with an entitled look on his face...It still does not justify the cops behavior.

Probably about 5 year ago I'm meeting Gdogg duck hunting in West Texas (the city), I'm texting Gdogg dark 30 in the morning he is getting these German donuts (kolache), I'm driving real slow texting in town, no cars on street, apparently cops are watching me drive slowly, with head down (I'm texting) they think I'm drunk, I finally decide to just pull over and text, so I just pull over, right in town, main road, no cars so no big deal I'm thinking. Next thing you know I'm getting swarmed by cop cars with lights flashing, they get out like they are about to draw their guns, I do freak out, I put both hands out my window, I can't remember what I said to them like "It's cool, it's cool!!" I might have also yelled momma lol. But the cops walk up to me and start laughing at me they see I'm so freaked out and tell me to calm down its cool, lol. I told them they skart the bejeebers out of me.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 11:27 PM

That was hard to watch but didn't live up to the media hype before they showed it. Maybe there's more, IDK. Always seems to start with some noncompliance. A lot of lives changed forever. I do call BS on the PD allowing an interstate HWY to be taken over. Imagine what those truckers at the front were thinking...am I about to be hit over the head with a cinderblock?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 11:37 PM

Fail to comply with authorities, on the spot execution for you. What’s the problem?

Not being serious of course. They will pay for the crimes.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/28/23 11:44 PM

The unit was disbanded.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nichols-death-memphis-police-permanently-deactivate-scorpion-unit
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 12:22 AM

Rumor on the street is that 3 of the 5 were Vice Lords members.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cochise

Interesting.

I know it has become very difficult to recruit good officers. Particularly after Ferguson.
It will get worse.
I saw Nevada is waiving citizenship to hire officers. Or something like that.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 01:11 AM

Police Captain said that none of the 5 had any criminal records.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 01:49 AM

Interesting.

I know it has become very difficult to recruit good officers. Particularly after Ferguson.
It will get worse.

Not uncommon. My friends wife has been a deputy with the Brevard County Sheriff's Department in Florida for 12 years and had a green card when she got hired on.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 03:01 AM

Policing Experts Assess the Beating of Tyre Nichols:

Experts in police training who reviewed videos released Friday of the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols in Memphis, Tennessee, said they believed there was no justification for the actions of the police officers involved, who have been charged with crimes including second-degree murder in his death.

The footage, which amounts to almost an hour from both police body cameras and street cameras, shows officers beating, kicking and using a baton against Nichols after he fled a traffic stop.

“In my career, I’ve never seen — I mean, you see it in the movies — but I’ve never seen an individual deliberately being propped up to be beaten,” said Ed Obayashi, a police training expert and lawyer who conducts use-of-force investigations for state law enforcement across the country.

“To me, that’s worse than Rodney King,” added Obayashi, who is also a deputy sheriff and policy adviser in the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office in California.

In police training, it is emphasized repeatedly to officers that they need to be aware of their physical surroundings, Obayashi said, but the same stress should be placed on awareness of their own emotions. If officers’ tempers run high, he said, they are bound to make mistakes.

In the Nichols confrontation, it is possible the officers felt disrespected when their directions weren’t followed, he said.

“This appears to be a case of classic contempt of cop,” he said, “for them to catch up with him later and then exact their revenge on the poor individual.”

Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum, an organization of current and former law enforcement officials that studies the improvement of policing, said the officers’ behavior also fell short in other ways.

In modern policing, officers are usually trained to communicate clearly to an individual and respond proportionally to their actions, he said. These officers did neither, he said.

The beating is “the definition of excessive force,” Wexler said. In his view, Nichols did not present a danger that matched the force the officers used, beyond appearing to not want to be arrested.

Even when Nichols was lying on the ground, none of the officers attempted to help him, which Wexler said was a violation of their duty to render aid.

“This person was not treated as a human being,” he said.

Policing Experts Assess the Beating of Tyre Nichols

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 06:22 AM

Interesting.

It will get worse.

Not uncommon. My friends wife has been a deputy with the Brevard County Sheriff's Department in Florida for 12 years and had a green card when she got hired on.

That's normal, all one need is either a Greencard or EAD (Employment Authorization Document) to legally work in the USA, it Federal Jobs that require US Citizenship usually.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 07:37 AM

I bet you this isn't the first person they beat the living chit out of either

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 07:39 AM

I bet you this isn't the first person they beat the living chit out of either

Hello no. more victims will be coming forward. Bet on that.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 07:31 PM

If any of them were documented CSG members it would be all over the news. It’s not rocket science to see if they’re documented. This sounds like internet BS to me.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/29/23 11:06 PM

where is all the looting and burning cop car?s

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 02:42 AM

Seems like the NFL today certainly did not treat this like George Floyd. No mention or not even a moment of silence. Not much of anything.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 03:15 AM

Seems like the NFL today certainly did not treat this like George Floyd. No mention or not even a moment of silence. Not much of anything.

Would almost bet something stupid is done by the NFL at the Super Bowl.
Posted By: tex70

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 05:10 AM

Don't recall hearing anything out of sharpton or blm, kinda strange rolleyes

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Yep. There’s no way the NFL misses this opportunity.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 10:19 AM

It doesn't match thier narrative of: White Man bad

I see they are gonna sing the "Black" National Anthem before the game at the Superbowl

If they called something the "White" National Anthem it would be racist, I find this very odd

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 12:16 PM

What mistake did he make?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 01:25 PM

Fleeing

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by tex70
Don't recall hearing anything out of sharpton or blm, kinda strange rolleyes

POS Sharpton is giving the eulogy at the funeral on Wednesday.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 03:08 PM

Fleeing

From what I have seen it looks like they yank him out of his car, I am pretty sure this isn't normal procedure, but I don't know.

It looked like 4 guys all with guns drawn were pointing at him, rough housing him, yanking him out of his car. His car was stopped when this all happened.

Is this normal procedure for police?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 03:29 PM

It doesn't match thier narrative of: White Man bad

I see they are gonna sing the "Black" National Anthem before the game at the Superbowl

If they called something the "White" National Anthem it would be racist, I find this very odd

bang barf nuts

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 04:48 PM

His parents have been invited to the pedo's State of the Union speech. How about inviting the parents of the LSU student that was raped and killed...

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 06:24 PM

Fleeing

Yep.

[Linked Image]

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/01/27/us/tyre-nichols-police-beating-timeline.html

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 06:33 PM

His parents have been invited to the pedo's State of the Union speech. How about inviting the parents of the LSU student that was raped and killed...

makes me sick

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 06:43 PM

Fleeing

Yep.

[Linked Image]

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/01/27/us/tyre-nichols-police-beating-timeline.html

What would you do if police yank you out a car like that with guns drawn?

File a police report later?

Find out whom they are and come after them individually and get revenge?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 06:48 PM

Submit...easy enough. It never ends well to resist.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:05 PM

Accurate....yet every instance of death/beat down has the same resistance/non-compliance it seems.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:12 PM

Yep. I've never resisted. And it seems I'm still alive.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:17 PM

Nobody but those 5 officers and the victim know exactly what all happened. Those videos don’t paint the whole picture. I would assume there were reasons he was ripped from the car at gunpoint, but maybe not? One of the few facts is we know he ran and he resisted. The rest will be determined

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:21 PM

Accurate....yet every instance of death/beat down has the same resistance/non-compliance it seems.

If a person isn’t ready to be snatched out of a car, they shouldn’t have driven recklessly to begin with. A vehicle is a deadly weapon, so quickly separating someone from it, who is operating it recklessly, is not unusual. Then add evading on foot and it increases the likelihood of things not ending well.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:26 PM

If a person isn’t ready to be snatched out of a car, they shouldn’t have driven recklessly to begin with. A vehicle is a deadly weapon, so quickly separating someone from it, who is operating it recklessly, is not unusual. Then add evading on foot and it increases the likelihood of things not ending well.

It apparently isn’t going to end well for the officers either.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:26 PM

its funny how so many will vote for eye for eye type corporal punishment then look past evading facts.

guy didnt deserve to die via the leo’s hands, but its odd no body has a problem with all the people he may of almost ran over and killed.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:33 PM

Is there new video of him driving recklessly? Per the Chief of Police there is no evidence of him driving recklessly

Police had said that they stopped Nichols for reckless driving, but Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn “C.J.” Davis said early Friday morning an investigation and review of available camera footage found “no proof” of that.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

its funny how so many will vote for eye for eye type corporal punishment then look past evading facts.

guy didnt deserve to die via the leo’s hands, but its odd no body has a problem with all the people he may of almost ran over and killed.

Yep.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:38 PM

There is no proof of him driving recklessly, and the PD has said the same.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Do they have video or proof of him driving wreckless? Last I saw the Police Chief said that didn't happen

"Police had said that they stopped Nichols for reckless driving, but Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn “C.J.” Davis said early Friday morning an investigation and review of available camera footage found “no proof” of that."

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 08:57 PM

There is no proof of him driving recklessly, and the PD has said the same.

Proof huh. That just means no DME which activates when the lights are illuminated. That would be after he drove recklessly, which was the reason for the stop. You think they snatched him out of the car for no license plate light? They would have killed a thousand people by now. So many astronomers and so few astronauts.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 09:03 PM

101 of video releasing.

Is release the entire video, including what led up to the interaction. That does not excuse any behavior, but the entire incident is important.

Toxicology will also be important. It is important to have preserved the blood at admission to hospital. As the autopsy blood will have 3 days of cleansing.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 09:09 PM

Pretty sure what they are used to there in Memphis ain't like nothing much I like have encountered in the past twenty plus years. Not sure what would have led to that type of environment and want to part of it. What you guys in the blue routinely encounter would likely shock most ignorant and otherwise ill informed citizens. I cannot imagine.

The environment which led to that beating must be, plain & simple, mind numbing.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 09:26 PM

Bongino had a good take today. Basically said this is in no way a training issue. No one in any agency would train someone to do this and no amount of additional training will fix it. Today another cop was relieved of duty over it. I suspect that the entire department will need to be purged and rebuilt from the ground up.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 10:09 PM

Proof huh. That just means no DME which activates when the lights are illuminated. That would be after he drove recklessly, which was the reason for the stop. You think they snatched him out of the car for no license plate light? They would have killed a thousand people by now. So many astronomers and so few astronauts.

So how do you know the camera only work when the lights are illuminated?

I read that police camera can start recording the moment they start their car. Do you know somebody who works for Memphis Police?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 10:13 PM

Bongino had a good take today. Basically said this is in no way a training issue. No one in any agency would train someone to do this and no amount of additional training will fix it. Today another cop was relieved of duty over it. I suspect that the entire department will need to be purged and rebuilt from the ground up.

Actually it’s typically 1 or 2 folks in a unit that rots the rest of the apples within the unit. The others do whatever corruption/behavior is occurring several times and don’t get caught, so each time they are even worse than before. Zero chance the entire agency will be scrapped.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 10:18 PM

Actually it’s typically 1 or 2 folks in a unit that rots the rest of the apples within the unit. The others do whatever corruption/behavior is occurring several times and don’t get caught, so each time they are even worse than before. Zero chance the entire agency will be scrapped.

Possibly, but I see similarities with NOPD when the FBI got involved.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 10:45 PM

Possibly, but I see similarities with NOPD when the FBI got involved.

Young officers working in the hood can get the “It’s us against them” mentality which is likely what led to this. I place plenty of the blame on their first line supervisor. That person should have known what’s going on within the unit.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/30/23 11:38 PM

finally got a WHITE cop involved in the beat down roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:12 AM

I agree, and IMO, this is the biggest problem with many PD's, and has gone on for far too long. The "shield" protects the bad apples for some inexplicable reason. It seems there isn't much internal accountability. You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases. Except nowadays video catches more of them. I fire people for having bad attitudes and showing up late, I don't understand why these bad apples are given a free pass so often for what seems to be worse transgressions and aren't fired more frequently. I don't know of any other industry that protects the bad folks, especially in a profession where they should be held to a higher standard.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:15 AM

I agree, and IMO, this is the biggest problem with many PD's, and has gone on for far too long. The "shield" protects the bad apples for some inexplicable reason. It seems there isn't much internal accountability. You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases. Except nowadays video catches more of them. I fire people for having bad attitudes and showing up late, I don't understand why these bad apples are given a free pass so often and aren't fired more frequently. I don't know of any other industry that protects the bad folks, especially in a profession where they should be held to a higher standard.

Same can be said for the Federal Government.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:15 AM

No doubt, Jimbo.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:36 AM

You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases.

Anyone in law enforcement who doesn't get complained on by criminals or the families of criminals isn't doing their job.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 03:06 AM

I agree, and IMO, this is the biggest problem with many PD's, and has gone on for far too long. The "shield" protects the bad apples for some inexplicable reason. It seems there isn't much internal accountability. You hear over and over of cops having multiple infractions, warnings, complaints, etc. and allowed to still have a job in many cases. Except nowadays video catches more of them. I fire people for having bad attitudes and showing up late, I don't understand why these bad apples are given a free pass so often for what seems to be worse transgressions and aren't fired more frequently. I don't know of any other industry that protects the bad folks, especially in a profession where they should be held to a higher standard.

Short staffed already, and having the worst time ever recruiting young people.

Young people do not want to be in law enforcement. Obama created the war on cops, and since then they have been scrutinized at every turn. Some good officers have had some major problems defending their actions they used to legitimately protect themselves from harm.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:33 PM

Rumor has it he is the kingpin behind the whole beat down bolt

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:36 PM

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/01/30/where-is-the-rest-of-the-tyre-nichols-story-n527292

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 12:40 PM

Looks like a goofy retard

[Linked Image]

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 01:39 PM

Very good assessment of the story. I have had the same questions myself, and believe that if the media isn’t reporting the rest of the story, it’s usually because it doesn’t fit the narrative of what they want to portray.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 01:57 PM

Won’t be long until it’s spun that he gave all orders or coordinated the whole shindig.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 02:00 PM

Won’t be long until it’s spun that he gave all orders or coordinated the whole shindig.

While wearing his white hood

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 02:33 PM

Very good assessment of the story. I have had the same questions myself, and believe that if the media isn’t reporting the rest of the story, it’s usually because it doesn’t fit the narrative of what they want to portray.

yeah, great "story" written by a guy who seems to specialize in UFO's.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 02:46 PM

roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

I had to read it again…..didn’t see anything about UFO’s in it?
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 04:45 PM

roflmao

Right? The media ain't happy if they can't scream "racism". From what I understand the white officer was only at the initial stop, not at the beat down.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 01/31/23 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

I had to read it again…..didn’t see anything about UFO’s in it?

google the author's name.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/01/23 05:22 PM

I was eating at McD's for breakfast some time back. This guy in the drive-through must have had something wrong with his order because he tries to cut 90 degrees over to a parking space. Another guy is zipping through and has to slam on the brakes. Well road rage ensues. Zippy gets out of his pick up and starts pounding on the hood of the 90 degree turn guy. The 90 degree turn guy then jumps out of his car, knife in hand and goes after zippy. Zippy throws his hands sort of in the air, kicks 90 degree and then slugs him. 90 falls down and zippy jumps on top punching the guy in the head as hard as he can, 90 is pretty out of it and his face is a bloody mess. All while I'm sitting inside munching on my biscuit and sipping my morning coffee. A couple of guys ran outside and pulled zippy off 90 degrees not realizing 90 had pulled a knife on Zippy. I was sort of concerned because 90 degree, blood all over his eyes could have ended up stabbing one of the "helpers" ALL FOR WHAT? In any event a half dozen police cars pull up. The situation is explained and 90 degree gets the blame for making the bad turn and pulling the knife. 90 is loaded into an ambulance and hauled away while the cops start sort of joking with Zippy gets a pat on the back and just drives away.
I think there are a lot of angry folks out there. One snarl and the fight is on. I report, you decide. smile

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/01/23 05:30 PM

Worthless article
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/03/23 04:49 AM

Not a single white guy

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/03/23 06:17 AM

Memphis had an officer shot in the head today. Not a word in the news.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/03/23 03:00 PM

Memphis had an officer shot in the head today. Not a word in the news.

Terrible.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...ast-memphis-one-person-dead/69867493007/

From the article:

"Both the person killed and the two officers were Black, McAlister said."

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/03/23 03:04 PM

Yep, terrible it is. As someone said before, "The environment which led to that beating must be, plain & simple, mind numbing.".

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/04/23 07:05 PM

Well something ought to be done. I think some kind of knockout dart or drug. Then handcuff the perp and put him in a paddy wagon.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Scott
Well something ought to be done. I think some kind of knockout dart or drug. Then handcuff the perp and put him in a paddy wagon.

None of that is needed. They just need experienced officer training younger less experienced officer how to take someone into custody without a tazer, or peper spray. Phyical force is less harmful if applied properly.

For the most part officers need to be big men. Small men and average women need not apply. Just look at who gets recruited for the Polizei in Germany.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 02:26 AM

None of that is needed. They just need experienced officer training younger less experienced officer how to take someone into custody without a tazer, or peper spray. Phyical force is less harmful if applied properly.

For the most part officers need to be big men. Small men and average women need not apply. Just look at who gets recruited for the Polizei in Germany.

Nah, taser and pepper spray are more fun.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 02:35 AM

after watch and during it made me sick, I understand about getting rought, BUT this was wrong, they should get 25 to life

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 03:51 AM

Some people who run from or fight the police will die in custody regardless of how gently they are subdued.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 06:36 AM

I am pretty sure your right. My friends and I used to love sword fighting each other with cattle prods and you don't have to break a sweat using a taser or CS spray.

If you think a taser hurts you should cutting the guards off of an electric fly swatter and hit your hand with it. It doesn't hit the same as a taser and it hurts WAY more.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 07:53 AM

Just look at who gets recruited for the Polizei in Germany.

Have been to Germany many times, seen plenty of Polizei including women, and don’t recall them being anything much different or unique.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 08:26 AM

I am pretty sure your right. My friends and I used to love sword fighting each other with cattle prods and you don't have to break a sweat using a taser or CS spray.

If you think a taser hurts you should cutting the guards off of an electric fly swatter and hit your hand with it. It doesn't hit the same as a taser and it hurts WAY more.

A real Taser, when the prongs or arcs make good contact, is completely debilitating. I’ve been Tased several times and just the sound of it makes me uncomfortable. You’re referring to a stun gun type of device where the electricity is confined to the small area between the contact points.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 08:39 AM

My friends and I used to love sword fighting each other

Sig worthy material.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 10:29 AM

Sig worthy material.

rofl

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 02:32 PM

Sig worthy material.

I did fencing in school and can fight with a Foil, Sabre, or Epee equally as well. I prefer the Epee. Fencing was a requirement that I didn't like at the time but I really like it now. Unfortunately there really isn't anywhere you can do much of it in Dallas.

ntxtrapper

No, I mean a real tazer that cost me about $600 and said taser on the box. Hit you hand with one and then hit it with the fly swatter. You can feel your arm after a hit from a tazer. You can't feel your arm up to your shoulder for a few hours from the fly swatter. Trust me on this, I used to do this sort of thing for fun. My ex is a professional domenatrix and her clients were not really scared of a taser but the fly swatter scared them to death. The cartridge with the dart was kind of expensive and my experiences with a taser were all from the contacts on the front of it. If the darts do it differently I would not have anyway of knowing. FYI, every electricity device used for inflicting pain or nerve discomfort/interruption/interference has the current confined between the contact points, that is how the circuit is completed.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 03:00 PM

Have been to Germany many times, seen plenty of Polizei including women, and don’t recall them being anything much different or unique.

In my experience the women were slightly above average height and weight for a man and the men were all a few inches above 6ft and were typically over or well over 200lbs and very lean at that body weight. The fastest beat down I have even seen was an off duty female Polizei officer when we were on a date and we bumped into some trouble. The Polizei require 54 weeks of hard training before being allowed on the job, most could moonlight as an attorney, and the starting pay is about 140k US. They also have absolutely unquestionable authority to use lethal force but almost never do.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 03:23 PM

In my experience the women were slightly above average height and weight for a man and the men were all a few inches above 6ft and were typically over or well over 200lbs and very lean at that body weight. The fastest beat down I have even seen was an off duty female Polizei officer when we were on a date and we bumped into some trouble. The Polizei require 54 weeks of hard training before being allowed on the job, most could moonlight as an attorney, and the starting pay is about 140k US. They also have absolutely unquestionable authority to use lethal force but almost never do.

Sounds like you dated a Nazi…
roflmao

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

roflmao

Pretty sure she would have broken it off in you if you called her that..... Their "N" word or imagery comes with criminal penalties. Their law enforcement is also heavily decentralized because of the Nazis.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 04:37 PM

Sig worthy material.

I did fencing in school and can fight with a Foil, Sabre, or Epee equally as well. I prefer the Epee. Fencing was a requirement that I didn't like at the time but I really like it now. Unfortunately there really isn't anywhere you can do much of it in Dallas.

ntxtrapper

No, I mean a real tazer that cost me about $600 and said taser on the box. Hit you hand with one and then hit it with the fly swatter. You can feel your arm after a hit from a tazer. You can't feel your arm up to your shoulder for a few hours from the fly swatter. Trust me on this, I used to do this sort of thing for fun. My ex is a professional domenatrix and her clients were not really scared of a taser but the fly swatter scared them to death. The cartridge with the dart was kind of expensive and my experiences with a taser were all from the contacts on the front of it. If the darts do it differently I would not have anyway of knowing. FYI, every electricity device used for inflicting pain or nerve discomfort/interruption/interference has the current confined between the contact points, that is how the circuit is completed.

[Linked Image]

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 06:06 PM

roflmao

Pretty sure she would have broken it off in you if you called her that..... Their "N" word or imagery comes with criminal penalties. Their law enforcement is also heavily decentralized because of the Nazis.

Oh ok, just a brown shirt then…. roflmao lighten up Francis…

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/05/23 07:49 PM

like an epee pen?

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/06/23 10:54 AM

“The average pay for a Police Officer is €59,547 a year and €29 an hour in Germany. The average salary range for a Police Officer is between €42,099 and €72,170. On average, a High School Degree is the highest level of education for a Police Officer.”

https://www.erieri.com/salary/job/police-officer/germany

“1.68 meters or 5.5 feet for men. 1.63 meters or 5.38 feet for women. That has also been challenged and may be 1.63 for all.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-police-height-requirements-not-measuring-up/a-40014402

Also training is 2 to 3 years.

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/06/23 11:57 AM

So I guess if you live in Germany, naming your child Adolf Hitler isn't gonna to fly either...........

Re: Memphis, Tn - 02/06/23 03:55 PM

Not to drag racial issues into it but let's be honest. If the 5 police officers had been white there would be all sorts of targeting issues. I know this sounds incredible but if the perp had been white would the black police officers beat him the same? If not, then was the perp treated differently? Sort of interesting to think about. Maybe he was. If any of you guys out there are African America- how do you see it?
That said, in all of these instances, I have never seen any where the perp is complying according to how I see complying. They are always yelling, screaming, thrashing around, etc. I think a lot are high on drugs and that's why even tazers don't seem to work.. They really need a knock out drug of some sort of thing to calm these perps down. I don't see why that can't be done.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum