Texas Hunting Forum

Screen names you don't see much but used to

Posted By: HuntnFly67

Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 05:52 PM

The year is winding down; time to reflecti and think of names I don't see around here often, if at all, anymore. A few I know and can't recall their screennames; I am getting old.

djones
SniperRAB and Clay B (oil and water; don't recall Clay's handle)
Skylar
Chital (think Lil' Chit has graduated clock-bomb college yet?)
Ryno
Who was the catfish choker?
Oxner

the list could go on...
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 05:55 PM

BigOrn
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
The year is winding down; time to reflecti and think of names I don't see around here often, if at all, anymore. A few I know and can't recall their screennames; I am getting old.

djones
SniperRAB and Clay B (oil and water; don't recall Clay's handle) Nogales Prairie
Skylar
Ryno
Who was the catfish choker? East
Oxner

the list could go on...

Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 06:55 PM

Lil Chit, East and TxKiller left for similar reason.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 07:19 PM

Fadetoblack
Gravytrain
AB
Jase

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 07:20 PM

Coolie bolt
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 07:28 PM

YeeYee
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
Lil Chit,

He’s not missed

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 07:30 PM

fadetoblack64
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
fadetoblack64

Last time he posted was 9/12. He was battling illness at that point hope he’s ok.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 10:09 PM

Sethfish

Crazyhorse

Cast

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 10:18 PM

Whatever Bullfrog's old handle was...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 10:55 PM

East was back a while back under a different name.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY

Crazyhorse

Cast

They have past away.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 11:31 PM

IIRC, BMD held the #1 position on the Top Posters when I found this forum. I do not think his post count has increased much since then. Only about 200 posts in the last two years.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 11:38 PM

How many are about anyone but himself or his daughter? Oh no I didn't. bolt
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 11:52 PM

Beaversnipe
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/19/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by MacDaddy21
Beaversnipe

He found that Dino Fossil and got rich.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Over half are simply "thanks" to bump up a thread.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:42 AM

Haven't seen thundervee in a few days.
peep
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:47 AM

I miss Pekiti, sword fighting sumbuck he was

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:50 AM

It's reassuring to know there's another noticer on here. up
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 01:33 AM

As you know, you’re not the only ones.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

As you know, you’re not the only ones.

Thank you

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 01:51 AM

This life will be over for all of us soon. It's been a pleasure meeting and getting to know some really good men from this forum. Yes, plenty of D Bags but I have met some of the best people I've ever known from this place. Some of these men I consider good friends/brothers and will die for, if need be.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:25 AM

Forget the spelling of his screen name, but T Rex isn't around much anymore.

JR
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:39 AM

Brandon972

And I haven’t seen Driller in a while..
Posted By: kry226

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
This life will be over for all of us soon. It's been a pleasure meeting and getting to know some really good men from this forum. Yes, plenty of D Bags but I have met some of the best people I've ever known from this place. Some of these men I consider good friends/brothers and will die for, if need be.

Well said, amigo. Unfortunately, work has kept me away from Texas enough that I've only met one in person, and it wasn't even in Texas!

Lots of names we don't see much anymore. As mentioned, several have crossed over, big life changes for some, others unfortunately get run off by the d bags. All I know is that this is a unique place and I've learned a tremendous amount that I likely wouldn't have, had it not been for THF. And for that, I'm thankful.

Few names you don't see much anymore... don't know many either, but were certainly regulars around here.
Mr. Clean
father of 4
Tres
Brandon A
cable
BuckRage
HuntingTexas
aeb
Seadog

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:53 AM

aeb was/is solid. He's a noticer too. 'Miss him.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by kry226

Well said, amigo. Unfortunately, work has kept me away from Texas enough that I've only met one in person, and it wasn't even in Texas!

Lots of names we don't see much anymore. As mentioned, several have crossed over, big life changes for some, others unfortunately get run off by the d bags. All I know is that this is a unique place and I've learned a tremendous amount that I likely wouldn't have, had it not been for THF. And for that, I'm thankful.

Few names you don't see much anymore... don't know many either, but were certainly regulars around here.
Mr. Clean
father of 4
Tres
Brandon A
cable
BuckRage
HuntingTexas
aeb
Seadog

eeks333

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by HuntingTexas

Mr. Clean
father of 4
Tres
Brandon A
cable
BuckRage
HuntingTexas
aeb
Seadog

eeks333

My mistake, sir. blush Don't recall seeing you in a while.

I actually went through some old threads I participated in years ago and found a bunch of names.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 03:02 AM

I still buy a little and post in funny picture thread but work keeps me running.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 03:06 AM

Mr. Clean
father of 4
Tres
Brandon A
cable
BuckRage
HuntingTexas
aeb
Seadog

Father of 4 got chased of for some unknown reason.

He will answer his phone if you call him and his foundation is still going strong. I know for a fact he has ask to come back.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 03:50 AM

Haven't seen White Falcon in a while.
flag
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 04:30 AM

Many of the members that are gone got fed up with the new generation of Dbags that have joined. A lot of internet tough guy, know it all pricks. I still talk to many of the old crew and call them my friends. We used to meet up at the house, lease or shop of a member, bring some food and drinks and talk about hunting! Believe that, not the crap that gets posted now. Not the circle jerk get togethers many have now on here.

Many of the true men are gone and this site has become “Facebook” for some. Hell, some probably don’t even hunt.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by GUTIT
Many of the members that are gone got fed up with the new generation of Dbags that have joined. A lot of internet tough guy, know it all pricks. I still talk to many of the old crew and call them my friends. We used to meet up at the house, lease or shop of a member, bring some food and drinks and talk about hunting! Believe that, not the crap that gets posted now. Not the circle jerk get togethers many have now on here.

Many of the true men are gone and this site has become “Facebook” for some. Hell, some probably don’t even hunt.

How many members that you met on this forum do you talk to on a daily/weekly/monthly schedule? I'm not busting your balls, I'm just wondering if you're being honest.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:10 PM

I like the forum. I have learned a great deal, met good people bought and sold a bunch and benefitted in many ways from the time I have spent here. It's gotta stay the way it is. I really like how in all things forum related "right" seems to prevail. Don't keep a commitment, lie about something on a trading post transaction, you're gonna get called out. I would think that if someone get's butt hurt and leaves, they brought it on themselves. I can't recall his scree name, but we had a poster that had a habit of vaguely committing to buy things as a way to tie up a sale, then just go black ops. He tried this on me with a travel trailer. I wish I could recall his screen name, but that thread was pulled.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
BigOrn

Was it BigOrn that had the picturesque back or front yard in east Texas with the view of his pond?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
BigOrn

Was it BigOrn that had the picturesque back or front yard in east Texas with the view of his pond?

Oxner had a pic like that for sure.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:44 PM

BigOrn

I know OX did but that is not the one.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 12:51 PM

For the record, most of the people I talk to on a daily or weekly basis, I met thru this forum.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 01:28 PM

The back story on a couple of these "true men" is very entertaining. roflmao rofl
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 01:42 PM

The back story on a couple of these "true men" is very entertaining. roflmao rofl

The current story of some of them even more so.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY

Mr. Clean
father of 4
Tres
Brandon A
cable
BuckRage
HuntingTexas
aeb
Seadog

Father of 4 got chased of for some unknown reason.

He will answer his phone if you call him and his foundation is still going strong. I know for a fact he has ask to come back.

By who? No one chased him off. Foundation…, glad he finally got legitimate…. There are a lot of veterans charities that where/are a whole lot more transparent and damn sure less smoke.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:20 PM

BigOrn

Big Orn’s place was a hand built oasis.

I hope he finally retired and his kids are well. Probably the most level headed man on this planet. I don’t admire a lot of people. I do him.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169

The current story of some of them even more so.

My comments below are not aimed at y'all.^^^^^^^

Unfortunately some, maybe quite a few of the stories/lies going around are spread by DB trying to cover their azz or DA trying to impress others.
What is really unfortunate is that supposedly grown men get in these circle jerks and spread the BS like little girls in Jr. High.
Nothing wrong with having a tight knit group of friends who every now then when the occasion arises have some good natured fun poking at people who are doing stupid stuff..

Thankfully the folks I hang around with now are good, fun law abiding citizens who do not talk chit about other people period.

back
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:56 PM

Be honest with yourself. They had their own little club too. IIRC most of them were everything you're accusing the others of being.

Times change but the personalities don't.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:58 PM

I still keep in contact with many who no longer participate on here. Most the time people just get burnt out or have a change in life and no longer have time to waste on here. There has progressively been less and less hunting related posts on this forum. It’s mainly just the off topic section that stays active.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 02:59 PM

I think overall this forum is a pretty tame group. Some really good hunting and outdoors info is shared.

Trust me, compared to several of the other forums I have looked at this place is super laid back - the others get very knarly
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 03:12 PM

djones
SniperRAB and Clay B (oil and water; don't recall Clay's handle)
Skylar
Ryno
Who was the catfish choker?
Oxner

the list could go on...

BMD doesn't post a whole lot anymore.
But, he has other priorities now being an Opa and I don't blame him a bit!

I wish he'd come back so we could debate high-fence hunting some more. grin

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
BigOrn

Big Orn’s place was a hand built oasis.

I hope he finally retired and his kids are well. Probably the most level headed man on this planet. I don’t admire a lot of people. I do him.

I bet it was Orns place I was thinking about, the picture off the porch overlooking the pond looked like heaven on earth up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Payne

How many members that you met on this forum do you talk to on a daily/weekly/monthly schedule? I'm not busting your balls, I'm just wondering if you're being honest.

I’m as honest as the day is long. Probably talk to 3-4 old members every week or two. Another 5-6 every month or so. Still do work for a few of them. Made some great friends on the THF and still have the friendship of members that have left. Does that get your head straight for you? Post like yours are the exact reason a lot of them left. You don’t question a man’s integrity over the internet, you be a man and do it in person.

You don’t like my response, put me on the wall.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 06:36 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 06:36 PM

I am so glad I have never made anyone upset or have them roll their eyes.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
I am so glad I have never made anyone upset or have them roll their eyes.

up.... rofl
Posted By: Greg

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 07:39 PM

Sethfish was a nice guy and always made me laugh. Dude really did wear full quill ostrich flip flops roflmao
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:08 PM

Takes some pretty thin skin to get butthurt and leave THF.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigfootWallace

Indeed it does.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:24 PM

They were the "real" men though - whatever that means on the internet.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise

They were the "real" men though - whatever that means on the internet.

^^^
Posted By: TKM

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:30 PM

So now we're rating which circle jerks are the best? Needs to be a poll.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:44 PM

Indeed it does.

Actually the other way around in most cases. New members couldn’t handle the truth when it was stated and whined about it to others including some moderators. Hell, even some of the old moderators left due to having to babysit grown men.

I’m sure any moderator understands.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:46 PM

The Rancher
Nogales Pairie
Posted By: jskin

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:52 PM

Met txkiller, clean, and sniper. All good dudes I miss seeing on here. I don’t post a ton but been here since 09. No doubt the forum has changed through the years. The thing that bothers me the most is all the damn experts on here! I would love to see about 10 certain people in the same room argue who was the smartest lol
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:54 PM

Internet allows people to say things without repercussions. Back in the day, people would drive across the county to get things straight.

THF needs an annual boxing match.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by TKM
So now we're rating which circle jerks are the best? Needs to be a poll.

With delayed results just to make it great.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Only if there is a midget division up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Only if there is a midget division up

As long as I don't have to arm wrestle your MIL.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 09:27 PM

Indeed it does.

Some went to other platforms where they can kick you off when they get butthurt. roflmao

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

Indeed it does.

Some went to other platforms where they can kick you off when they get butthurt. roflmao

Didn't one of them try to start a competing forum years ago? Pretty sure it flopped?
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Erny
The Rancher
Nogales Pairie

NP was the first to come mind for me.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 10:29 PM

Internet allows people to say things without repercussions. Back in the day, people would drive across the county to get things straight.

All true statements Sir. I had a couple members that had got cross on the forum and I had a hunting together at my place with about 10 men a few weeks later and those two also came to meet in person to solve the issue. Told them they were welcome to get in my round pen and have it out like men. After getting to know each other they actually realized they had a lot in common and became friends. Joined a lease together a year later if I recall correctly.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 10:42 PM

Funny thing is on here you can’t always read sarcasm in a post or comment. I got a feeling most of us could get along in person. Most of us have a lot in common and that’s why we are a part of this forum. I’ve met friends on here that I consider some of my best friends. I’ve had complete strangers from this forum send me care packages while I was deployed and I will forever be grateful for that. I’ve met quite a few people from here in person and there is only one I will never talk to or see again in person. There are a few I still want to meet.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 10:45 PM

I enjoy the forum and know very few of the members. Do remember many who are no longer posting as their names are mentioned. Have sold a few items here and received some good advice from time to time. I think most members here are probably good people. Creekrunner I have met and does seem to be a very good person. Three I have received good info from and really seem to be stand up guys. PMK, Western and Derek. Sure, there are many more our paths just have not crossed yet.
Posted By: pnh

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 10:48 PM

What about Hunt n Fish? He was an elderly guy and really nice.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 11:02 PM

Migratory section is pretty laid back these days compared to what it used to be.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 11:09 PM

I'll take it way back. Who remembers this one.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/20/22 11:20 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,

There, now no more for another 20+ years

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 12:39 AM

Should old acquaintance be forgot?
Posted By: BAYSPORT

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 12:51 AM

Bill was my favorite.
Always enjoyed what he would say next and appreciated his bird dog knowledge.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper John

[Linked Image]

Don't know the man, but I like his style. 'Gotta similar necklace, made outa 'gator teeth, made by a kid that was on Swamp People (briefly). I'm diggin' the top hat. up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:09 AM

That’s Crazy Horse. I don’t believe I ever had the pleasure of interacting with him, but by all accounts I’ve seen, I believe I would have enjoyed it immensely.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:28 AM

That would be very interesting to say the least. Kyle wanted a midget division, even though I am about to turn 67 I would like a 50 & up division.
There is one youngster I would certainly make an exception for!

In our PE/gym class back in the late 60's early 70's we would have a boxing day, bet they have not done that in a real long time!!

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:33 AM

That’s Crazy Horse. I don’t believe I ever had the pleasure of interacting with him, but by all accounts I’ve seen, I believe I would have enjoyed it immensely.

up

Met and chatted with him several times. Very friendly and genuine man. Lots of neat stories. Funny sense of humor.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

up

Met and chatted with him several times. Very friendly and genuine man. Lots of neat stories. Funny sense of humor.

He seemed to be quite the character. I would have liked to have met him.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:54 AM

You guys don’t want to box with me, I know a little kung fu. smile ani

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:54 AM

I’m as honest as the day is long. Probably talk to 3-4 old members every week or two. Another 5-6 every month or so. Still do work for a few of them. Made some great friends on the THF and still have the friendship of members that have left. Does that get your head straight for you? Post like yours are the exact reason a lot of them left. You don’t question a man’s integrity over the internet, you be a man and do it in person.

Why would you catch a ban for answering my question? People left because someone wanted an answer to something they posted, I find that unbelievable. Why would I drive five hours for a simple question I could ask in less than five seconds? You show up down here in the OT every once in and while complaining about how it has changed, of course, it has changed you've been here 14 years nothing stays the same with the growth the forum has had in those 14 years. Relax and have a Merry Christmas.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 02:05 AM

Yes.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 02:07 AM

Give it about a week and a half more then forget.

About the poem/song:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 02:44 AM

An unbalanced little gnome and his sycophants weren't allowed to own the site. Boo $<"(>,% hoo.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:02 AM

An unbalanced little gnome and his sycophants weren't allowed to own the site. Boo $<"(>,% hoo.

Unbalanced would be an understatement. A lot of bubbles would be burst if they knew the real story of that DB.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:18 AM

Unbalanced would be an understatement. A lot of bubbles would be burst if they knew the real story of that DB.

Who y’all calling a gnome!!

Who y’all talking about rofl
Posted By: Curly

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:29 AM

Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody
Then therere was one guy that liked botox and Michael Buble but I don't remember his name. bolt
Good thread though! up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Curly
Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody

Then therere was one guy that liked botox and Michael Buble but I don't remember his name. bolt

Rifleman? I need to text him. Haven’t talked to him in a year probably.

Sig is still here

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:39 AM

Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody

Then there was one guy that liked botox and Michael Buble but I don't remember his name. bolt

Sig is still here

It finally occurred to me....Moose (Mooseknucles) was the botox dude. He hated me for whatever reason. confused2
Oh, then there's my buddies TooLow and ErathKid too for the list. cheers

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:51 AM

Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody

Then there was one guy that liked botox and Michael Buble but I don't remember his name. bolt

Sig is still here

It finally occurred to me....Moose (Mooseknucles) was the botox dude. He hated me for whatever reason. confused2
and Cabal was here in the mooseknuck days.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:55 AM

Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody

Sig is still here

Oh, then there's my buddies TooLow and ErathKid too. cheers

That is a blast from the past. Moose was a pretty good dude. Him and Ramball should have been stand up comedians. Can’t take either of them internet serious, 99.9% they are just crackling jokes on who ever. They are also both waterfowl guys

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 03:57 AM

Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody

Sig is still here

and Cabal was here in the mooseknuck days.

Yeh, I still keep in touch with Cable. He's got an outdoor radio show Saturday mornings on 95.3 FM. I'm not promoting anything and I hope this doesn't get me banned. I meant no harm. cowboy

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 04:02 AM

I think that old rift settled long ago. I’ve been impressed with Cables pod cast. Not to many people can have the foresight and passion to turn an outdoor love and concept internet platform into a career.

Joe Rogan started his podcast in basically the first days of 2010. cable has been going just as long

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 04:08 AM

Labman was another one.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 04:09 AM

I think that old rift settled long ago. I’ve been impressed with Cables pod cast. Not to many people can have the foresight and passion to turn an outdoor love and concept internet platform into a career.

Joe Rogan started his podcast in basically the first days of 2010. cable has been going just as long

Agreed!
cheers

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 04:17 AM

[Linked Image]

I met Crazyhorse and his wife Lara years ago in Ft. Worth when I bought a shotgun from him. He was a hoot and born 100 years too late. We shared some funny hunting stories and I could have stayed in that parking lot talking to him all day. He was wearing that same necklace in the picture that day. Truly sorry when he died in the accident a few years ago.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 04:18 AM

Sig
Hoytman
TXKiller
Hawg
Cody

Sig is still here

Oh, then there's my buddies TooLow and ErathKid too. cheers

That is a blast from the past. Moose was a pretty good dude. Him and Ramball should have been stand up comedians. Can’t take either of them internet serious, 99.9% they are just crackling jokes on who ever. They are also both waterfowl guys

I would agree up until whatever I did to piss off Moose, then he turned into a better than thou jerk to me. I just wish I knew what happened. I saw him at Tarctor Supply once before whatever happened, happened and we laughed and cut up...then bam. Someone said he got jealous of mine and Cable's friendship. I thought that was a little extreme. I didn't know but didn't care. Just didn't get the sudden hatred and didn't like it. Oh well, if you're out there Moose, I'm sorry bro! Peace!
banana2

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by mindyourbusiness
Migratory section is pretty laid back these days compared to what it used to be.

Haha the migratory section circa 2012 was a trip. Nothing like today.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 06:21 AM

GOLDSTEIN
My stand is pink camo

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 06:43 AM

Thanks for posting. Everything makes more sense now. It confirms my speculations.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 06:56 AM

Why would you catch a ban for answering my question? People left because someone wanted an answer to something they posted, I find that unbelievable. Why would I drive five hours for a simple question I could ask in less than five seconds? You show up down here in the OT every once in and while complaining about how it has changed, of course, it has changed you've been here 14 years nothing stays the same with the growth the forum has had in those 14 years. Relax and have a Merry Christmas.

What is your vision for this place to be? This forum?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 08:17 AM

A vision? Sheldon, it's a forum and you're a troll and not a very good one at that.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 08:44 AM

A vision? Sheldon, it's a forum and you're a troll and not a very good one at that.

Fascinating.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 09:21 AM

Cory Anderson bolt
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by HuntingTexas

[Linked Image]

I met Crazyhorse and his wife Lara years ago in Ft. Worth when I bought a shotgun from him. He was a hoot and born 100 years too late. We shared some funny hunting stories and I could have stayed in that parking lot talking to him all day. He was wearing that same necklace in the picture that day. Truly sorry when he died in the accident a few years ago.

Though Randal had issues with the forum that did not work for him, he was a fun guy to talk too and to be around in person. I got to hunt with him when he donated a hunt to a THF hunting photo contest. Just days before he died we had made plans to hang out next time I ran to my lease in Young County. I was looking forward to it, but sadly that was unable to happen. He was quite a character and full of hunting and historical knowledge. RIP Crazyhorse.

[Linked Image]

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 11:43 AM

My stand is pink camo

Pink seemed to be a real neat gal. I remember the pictures she shared when there farm/ranch burnt, it would be neat to see updated ones on how it has rebounded.

Have not seen post in a while from that pretty young dark haired gal that use to post in the Photo section of her game animals confused2

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
Cory Anderson bolt

roflmao

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 02:05 PM

I appreciate the humor and goodwill previously observed and noted. Reminiscing about the past can be great. Just think of all the good times ahead. May be more to come than what has already gone by.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 02:26 PM

Cory Anderson bolt

roflmao

clap
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 05:13 PM

Labman was another one.

I hunted with him a few times, good guy. Most memorable was on Thanksgiving in 2010. Big Arctic blast came thru that morning and I went completely under putting out dekes when I stepped in a beaver hole. After 10 minutes the water got warm in my waders like a wetsuit. Glad I stuck it out.

[Linked Image]

Also what made it memorable it that we were hosting for Thanksgiving and I told my wife it would be a quick hunt. Labman was going thru some stuff and wanted to hang out and have a beer after the hunt. I couldn't say no, but a six pack later my wife was not real happy when I rolled in and everybody was already at the house.
Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 06:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Don't know the man, but I like his style. 'Gotta similar necklace, made outa 'gator teeth, made by a kid that was on Swamp People (briefly). I'm diggin' the top hat. up

Crazy Horse was definitely one of a kind. Did several hunts with him and his lovely bride. Lots of knowledge but dang he was stubborn as an old mule.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 06:54 PM

My stand is pink camo

Pink seemed to be a real neat gal. I remember the pictures she shared when there farm/ranch burnt, it would be neat to see updated ones on how it has rebounded.

Have not seen post in a while from that pretty young dark haired gal that use to post in the Photo section of her game animals confused2

She added class to every thread.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by kwrhuntinglab

[Linked Image]

Crazy Horse was definitely one of a kind. Did several hunts with him and his lovely bride. Lots of knowledge but dang he was stubborn as an old mule.

I believe he was the guy who ate bobcats. I always wanted to meet him. He just seemed like a guy who would be a hoot to hang around with.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack

My stand is pink camo

up All the (few) ladies on here do. We need to cherish them. They can see the value in a male-dominated pastime. I've met a couple on youth hunts I've hosted. They're rock stars.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 10:11 PM

[Linked Image]

Crazyhorse and his famous bear peen. grin
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/21/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack

My stand is pink camo

up All the (few) ladies on here do. We need to cherish them. They can see the value in a male-dominated pastime. I've met a couple on youth hunts I've hosted. They're rock stars.

Yes, sir.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 12:21 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 07:26 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 12:42 PM

BeaverSnipe for the win rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 01:32 PM

BeaverSnipe for the win rofl

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 01:34 PM

Exactly. It's nothing more than a freaking internet forum. If you can't handle this then the real world must be really scary.

Another poster who has been missing for years is Kevin.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Exactly. It's nothing more than a freaking internet forum. If you can't handle this then the real world must be really scary.

Another poster who has been missing for years is Kevin.

Amen to this

Some people just cannot handle it though.
You see em every day in traffic to! lmao
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 05:54 PM

For the record, I’m still here more than y’all think. Never been butt hurt and as far as I know, only had run ins with two people on this forum. One got settled and the other has my address. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

I’ve met some damn fine folks here, hunt with 7-8 yearly and another 10-15 on occasion. Count a few as great friends and few as my best friends.

If we all got along all the time, it would just get boring.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by txshntr
For the record, I’m still here more than y’all think. Never been butt hurt and as far as I know, only had run ins with two people on this forum. One got settled and the other has my address. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

I’ve met some damn fine folks here, hunt with 7-8 yearly and another 10-15 on occasion. Count a few as great friends and few as my best friends.

I got your Christmas card. Looks like you are doing great. Just a few grey hairs

[Linked Image]

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:07 PM

roflmao

Merry Christmas!!
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:16 PM

CharlesB

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:40 PM

roflmao

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:48 PM

I got your Christmas card. Looks like you are doing great. Just a few grey hairs

[Linked Image]

That’s it, I’m leaving the forum rofl
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:49 PM

Cory Anderson bolt

Lol.

Is he still hustling the Metroplex urbanites on 'prime' dove hunting spots?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 06:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Front arms are a little long rofl

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 07:10 PM

And the first match in the midget boxing division will be between….
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 07:18 PM

You had a great mentor T-Rex....
[Linked Image]

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 07:38 PM

[Linked Image]

I resemble that remark! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
You had a great mentor T-Rex....
[Linked Image]

Truly one of the best men I have never met.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 07:47 PM

And the first match in the midget boxing division will be between….

rofl I don’t want none of that TRex strength.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 10:59 PM

I'm glad everyone on here loves me.

I've been on here a long time, don't think I've pizzed anyone off

driven a bunch of you crazy.

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to know many of you guys personally but those who I have, none are jerks.

love hearing about the men who have been on here since the start.

props to Janie who still give us our wake-up text up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/22/22 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to know many of you guys personally but those who I have, none are jerks.

Yeh Janie gets up way too early for this old retired man..haha.
Speaking of being loved, I think I'm the only member on here whose title wound up being "Overrated".
hammer
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 01:49 AM

Poopie pants.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 03:06 AM

Kyle, what the hell are front arms?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

We do love you Buzz, but you are correct about driving us crazy.

Inasmuch as one can be driven crazy on a forum. I just can’t imagine taking any of this that seriously.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 03:09 AM

roflmao Damn you!!! That hurt the nasal passages a little
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 04:03 AM

Cory Anderson bolt

Lol.

Google shows he was just booked for home improvement fraud in August! One train wreck after another.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by HoneyBeez

Help me make sure this gets answered. I have to know.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 04:23 AM

Cory Anderson bolt

Lol.

Google shows he was just booked for home improvement fraud in August! One train wreck after another.

He is very consistent in all his endeavors!!! All end in fraud
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 04:31 AM

Kyle said a bad word and went to bed is my guess. I too would like to know but that is just funny and he cannot do anything.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 04:34 AM

rofl
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 02:53 PM

Is that like Baby Arm?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 03:09 PM

Haven’t seen Navasot on here in a long time
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 07:03 PM

What happened to Hwy Man?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/23/22 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dalroo

Is that like Baby Arm?

Exactly baby TRex front arms rofl
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/24/22 12:07 AM

Whitening Maniac is back today after 2 years gone.
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/24/22 12:21 AM

Whitening Maniac is back today after 2 years gone.

Good to be back
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/24/22 02:07 AM

Y’all got me rollin!

Btw, my $’s on T-Rex. I don’t care what division he fights in. Them lil dudes don’t fight fair. They fight to win roflmao

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/24/22 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Y’all got me rollin!

Btw, my $’s on T-Rex. I don’t care what division he fights in. Them lil dudes don’t fight fair. They fight to win roflmao

He has been known to break a finger or two
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/28/22 03:46 PM

I can’t remember what he went by but he is a Weatherford police officer. I haven’t seen him here in a while.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/28/22 03:55 PM

Cbump. Hope he is doing well.
Posted By: joedav31

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/29/22 06:57 PM

their activity seems to come and go at times, but they have always been helpful and the forum is a better place when they are active. txshntr, stxranchman, rifleman, and RTP. Ive reached out to all of these guys before and they have been helpful in anyway they can and they dang sure dont know me as i'm not someone who posts much. but they are appreciated.
Posted By: txcornhusker

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/29/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Greg

He’s good. Talked to him last night. up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/29/22 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by txcornhusker

Good to hear… thx man, hope you are well!

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/29/22 09:25 PM

Good to hear… thx man, hope you are well!

Yeah man you too! Long time no see.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/29/22 09:54 PM

If we are going way back to BigOrnery days.

FirstChance
BigBow
Wes70
BrotherInLaw
SaginawHunter
7Mag I think is still here some.
Who remembers BlackCougar? Crazy Horse’s nemesis.
Among many others…

I met some lifelong friends on this forum. One of which I’m hunting with right now and who was a groomsman in my wedding. Sethfish BoBo Bump Etc are all good friends! As a matter of fact I officiated Bump’s wedding. I’ve met and hunted with numerous folks on here and nearly never met a member I didn’t think a lot of.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/29/22 09:56 PM

If we are going way back to BigOrnery days.

FirstChance
BigBow
Wes70
BrotherInLaw
SaginawHunter
7Mag I think is still here some.
Who remembers BlackCougar? Crazy Horse’s nemesis.
Among many others…

I met some lifelong friends on this forum. One of which I’m hunting with right now and who was a groomsman in my wedding. Sethfish BoBo Bump Etc are all good friends! As a matter of fact I officiated Bump’s wedding. I’ve met and hunted with numerous folks on here and nearly never met a member I didn’t think a lot of.

Patty cakes is BIL now

I forgot about Wes and big bob. I hope both are well.

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/30/22 12:33 AM

Seadog
cameron00
jshouse

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/30/22 12:39 AM

What ever happened to Vanilla Jesus?

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/30/22 12:59 AM

CMC? He is alive and well. Mostly on FB and IG

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/30/22 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan

Yes.

Cool, thanks. up

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/30/22 03:12 AM

MrRoachie cool2

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 12/30/22 03:33 AM

Yes.

Cool, thanks. up

I chat with him a lot about baseball and hunting. He is a one of a kind individual but a great guy.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 03/07/23 02:48 PM

Haven’t seen Navasot on here in a long time

Hi

Re: Screen names you don't see much but used to - 03/07/23 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Navasot
Hi

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Navasot