Texas Hunting Forum

IPA Saturday, and it's a double

Posted By: HandyMan91

IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 01:54 AM

Grublets on ice double IPA by martin house. I have had some of their other brews and enjoyed them. Getting spicy at 10%, review shortly

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

First impression is just like it says on the can. Double. Hits you with hops right away and then keeps going, like a hops mouth wash
Posted By: kry226

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 04:15 AM

No, thank you. Good luck. up

ETA: To be sure, IPA has it's following, but do you ever wonder why all the microbrew companies only do IPAs? It's due to the big boy brewers having monopolized all the quality ingredients. So they choose to brew an IPA because the hops is so strong and bitter, it covers up the taste of the other inferior ingredients.

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 04:22 AM

Well I'm 3 deep now. Definitely feels more like 5-6 regular beers. Flavor gets lighter as you go

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 04:35 AM

Kry226 I never thought about it like that, maybe something to the strong flavor profile
Posted By: amaneckred

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 04:52 AM

Sometimes one has to develop a pallet for the finer things in life. Next thing this guy is going to say is whataburger sucks because it has American cheese. Enjoy your beer, haters going to hate.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by kry226

ETA: To be sure, IPA has it's following, but do you ever wonder why all the microbrew companies only do IPAs? It's due to the big boy brewers having monopolized all the quality ingredients. So they choose to brew an IPA because the hops is so strong and bitter, it covers up the taste of the other inferior ingredients.

This sounds like something an ultra light drinker would say.

There are a lot of very good tasting IPA’s out there.
Thanks for posting your review.

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 05:35 AM

Well I'm now 5 deep and heavily relying on spell check. If you can get past 2 of them you can drink 5. It's an interesting buzz to say the least. Not my favorite but I wouldn't hesitate to travel down this road again
Posted By: kry226

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by PKnTX
Originally Posted by kry226

This sounds like something an ultra light drinker would say.

There are a lot of very good tasting IPA’s out there.
Thanks for posting your review.

roflmao Uh, not exactly... but I haven't had an IPA that I actually enjoyed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stub

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 11:34 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ kry226 Those look like extremely light beers you are drinking confused2 rofl bolt

I am a light weight when it comes to beer, usually Miller Lite although I enjoy regular Heineken, Corona, Shiner Bock, Blue Moon and a few others, tried a few IPA and did not care for them.
To each their own though!
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 01:14 PM

It's probably awful.

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 02:06 PM

Morning after report

Well I stopped at 5 last night. Won't be getting this one again, my head is killing me. I've had several other IPA that didn't do this much damage.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by HandyMan91
Morning after report

Well I stopped at 5 last night. Won't be getting this one again, my head is killing me. I've had several other IPA that didn't do this much damage.

Five @ 10 per is basically 10 Buds. That would have me hurting on both ends.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 02:29 PM

Had a few nice Helles last night with an ESB and a honey ale, finished with a chile mole stout. The Honey ale has our hops in it and the chile stout some hot peppers I gave the brewer.
We stick to 5.5% or less for a few good beers.

Hope your head gets better soon.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 02:48 PM

IPA’s are like cilantro to me. Both taste terrible. I know a lot of folks who enjoy IPA’s but they are lost on me. Hope you enjoyed!

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 04:06 PM

Wife made me a cure

[Linked Image]
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 04:21 PM

I love IPAs but had to put them down. My waist told me to quit em.
Posted By: frognot

Re: IPA Saturday, and it's a double - 12/04/22 06:15 PM

My son got me into IPAs so will look for that one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum