Texas Hunting Forum

Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes...

Posted By: The Dude Abides

Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes... - 12/01/22 02:46 AM

Customer Faces Murder Charges...

Wed, November 30, 2022 at 10:32 AM

A customer accused of fatally shooting a shoplifter who was fighting with employees at a Family Dollar store in Dallas has been arrested and faces a murder charge, police said.

Police responded to the shooting just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Family Dollar store at 3200 S. Lancaster Road. When officers arrived they found a man lying in front of the store with a gunshot wound, police said in a news release Wednesday. The man died at the scene.

Police said their preliminary investigation determined a fight happened inside the store when employees confronted the man about items he was trying to steal.

The customer, Kevin Jackson Sr, 47, walked into the store, saw the fight, and then shot the man who had been accused of stealing, police said.

The man, whose name has not been released, stumbled outside the store and collapsed. He did not have any weapons, police said.

Jackson was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to Lew Sterrett Jail.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes... - 12/01/22 02:47 AM

Manslaughter, probably. Murder? no.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes... - 12/01/22 02:55 AM

Why I dont go to dollar stores in Dallas

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes... - 12/01/22 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Manslaughter, probably. Murder? no.

Not sure it really matters, life as he knows it is over (if convicted of course).
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes... - 12/01/22 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
Why I dont go to dollar stores in Dallas

Can't get very many things with a dollar anymore.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes... - 12/01/22 05:37 AM

100 years ago it would have been a thank you
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by topwater13
100 years ago it would have been a thank you

1922 Dallas probably would have been charged. Convicted maybe not. Race would have played a part if relevant.
Posted By: HuntFish512

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 09:48 AM

TX PC 9.42 theft in the night. 7:30pm is after dark....if he has a decent lawyer he might be ok.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 10:26 AM

Some have watched too much Dirty Harry on THF. Unless he was physically accosted, threatened or imminently life threatened, he has some problems. The random days of vigilante of yesteryear are gone. Didn't that guy in the 80s on the NY subway, Goetz even get incarcerated when he gunned down 3 or so known gang bangers on NY metro? Probably going to be someone's soap on the rope pretty soon.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 11:25 AM

He put himself in the situation by carrying a gun. Perfect example for why some people should not carry at all. Bad deal.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 11:49 AM

The shoplifter was punching the female employees who were trying to retrieve the stolen merchandise from his back pack, a customer walks in and sees what is going on and tells the employees to move away from the assaulter and shot him.

Million dollar question is; Did the shoplifter make another aggressive move to justify the shoot or did the customer over react to the situation confused2
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
He put himself in the situation by carrying a gun. Perfect example for why some people should not carry at all. Bad deal.

up
Posted By: soooo

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 12:19 PM

popcorn
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
The shoplifter was punching the female employees who were trying to retrieve the stolen merchandise from his back pack, a customer walks in and sees what is going on and tells the employees to move away from the assaulter and shot him.

Anywhere expect a liberal [censored] (like Dallas) & this guy doesn’t walk out of court, he skates.

I can’t imagine going to a Dollar store in Dallas after dark. That’s peak poor.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 12:41 PM

What's the Dallas DA like? If shoplifter was very aggressive, like punching a woman in the face, that is life threatening. If the shooter gets a good lawyer he could get off. But locked-up or freed, either way his life is now ruined.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 01:35 PM

Dollar Store was one of Bill's favorite hangouts

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

Anywhere expect a liberal [censored] (like Dallas) & this guy doesn’t walk out of court, he skates.

I can’t imagine going to a Dollar store in Dallas after dark. That’s peak poor.

That location is not the nicest part of town!
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by pertnear
What's the Dallas DA like? If shoplifter was very aggressive, like punching a woman in the face, that is life threatening. If the shooter gets a good lawyer he could get off. But locked-up or freed, either way his life is now ruined.

What's the Dallas DA like?

That's funny. What do you think he's like? It's Dallas and he's a commie that won't prosecute theft.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 02:56 PM

News reported the bad guy was heading to the exit when shot. This will not end well for the good guy.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:05 PM

This was obviously not a good shoot, but just kind of a reminder unless it’s kids or maybe my work getting shot up I will not put my life or liberty at risk to step into someone else’s situation. My freedom and being there for my family is more important to me than someone else or their property.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:09 PM

Sounds like a real mess

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
News reported the bad guy was heading to the exit when shot. This will not end well for the good guy.

Not sure I see a good guy here, see a petty criminal and a guy making a really dumb decision to shoot someone.

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
This was obviously not a good shoot, but just kind of a reminder unless it’s kids or maybe my work getting shot up I will not put my life or liberty at risk to step into someone else’s situation. My freedom and being there for my family is more important to me than someone else or their property.

^ This right here. You carry to protect your family and yourself. Having your LTC or CC does not mean you should play vigilante. YMMV

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid

Not sure I see a good guy here, see a petty criminal and a guy making a really dumb decision to shoot someone.

What is Petty about a man punching women in the face confused2

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:21 PM

It's all relative!
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise
Originally Posted by pertnear

What's the Dallas DA like?

That's funny. What do you think he's like? It's Dallas and he's a commie that won't prosecute theft.

I don't keep-up with the Dallas area. I guess Dallas is slipping into the liberal muck.... confused2

What is Petty about a man punching women in the face confused2

That how I feel about it!

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:24 PM

Guy hitting up a dollar store, is a petty criminal. Dude hitting a woman is not condoned, but fairly certain shooting and killing someone over it isn't going to fly in most places. Vigilante can't play judge and executioner. If he was that concerned, he should have shown off his pugilist skills, not shooting ones. What I would have likely done in that scenario.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:26 PM

Some have watched too much Dirty Harry on THF. Unless he was physically accosted, threatened or imminently life threatened, he has some problems. The random days of vigilante of yesteryear are gone. Didn't that guy in the 80s on the NY subway, Goetz even get incarcerated when he gunned down 3 or so known gang bangers on NY metro? Probably going to be someone's soap on the rope pretty soon.

I doubt that the vigilante days of yesteryear are gone - in fact, I expect they'll ramp up beyond belief before long...
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:35 PM

Updated news story.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/dalla...charge-for-shooting-suspected-shoplifter

"Then it’s going to be up to a grand jury to decide whether they believe self-defense applies clearly or if they believe there’s probably cause that it doesn’t apply and that it should go to a trial,"

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:48 PM

This statement will not go well for the shooter defense...

"Just know that at the time of the shooting, there was no imminent danger for a deadly force confrontation. Not at this point," said Dallas Police Sgt. Warren Mitchell.

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 03:55 PM

Another bad thing, the deceased was a known regular at the store, to management as a petty crook. The shooter was an unknown entity that shot a crook dead during a non-confrontational moment after having been maced by employees. Dude should have used his fists, not his sidearm.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 04:08 PM

Dude probably shouldn’t have shot him, but, that’s one “petty” thief that won’t be stealing other peoples chit anymore.

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
Dude probably should t have shot him, but, that’s one “petty” thief that won’t be stealing other peoples chit anymore.

Great and now the vigilante may do hard prison time, smart proposition there. Guessing he's second guessing that one right now, maybe 3rd guessing it too.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 05:33 PM

Dude probably should t have shot him, but, that’s one “petty” thief that won’t be stealing other peoples chit anymore.

Great and now the vigilante may do hard prison time, smart proposition there. Guessing he's second guessing that one right now, maybe 3rd guessing it too.

Since you obviously didn’t understand my post because one word was missing an N, I edited it for you.
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 05:49 PM

The shooter is screwed and will probably go away for a long time.

It happened in a blue county that's ran by liberal retards. Might as well have done it in NYC or LA.

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 06:18 PM

Since you obviously didn’t understand my post because one word was missing an N, I edited it for you.

I got, with a N or without, still a dumb, dumb choice on his part.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 09:32 PM

He will be ok in Dallas county with democrat jury.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 10:57 PM

Unfortunately, if it's under $750, in the city of Dallas, you're supposed to let them steal whatever they want.

Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/01/22 11:23 PM

Dollar Store should be picking up his defense fees

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/02/22 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Unfortunately, if it's under $750, in the city of Dallas, you're supposed to let them steal whatever they want.

The DA just recently took that back.
Posted By: HS2

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/02/22 06:49 AM

There used to be a newspaper columnist in Chicago named Mike Royko. Grew up in a tough neighborhood in Chicago. His dad drove a delivery truck back in the 1930s and 1940s. One day a thief robbed the old man. He kicked the guy in the face and drove over him with the truck. The cops took a statement and left. The old days are gone.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/02/22 06:54 AM

Bad shoot, end of story.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/02/22 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by HuntFish512
TX PC 9.42 theft in the night. 7:30pm is after dark....if he has a decent lawyer he might be ok.

No. This happened at a dollar store. Not your house or a place under your control.

I could have legally killed a man one night breaking into my business, but I gave him a choice. Drop the tire tool, don't take another step towards me, or I will take your life. That's what I told him. He dropped the tire tool, jumped in his car, and hit the road.

I thank God for that, because I was about to kill him if he took another step towards me.

He should have put hands on him, not shot him.

This guy is toast.

Re: Do Stupid Chit, Win Stupid Prizes.. - 12/02/22 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by HuntFish512

No. This happened at a dollar store. Not your house or a place under your control.

I could have legally killed a man one night breaking into my business, but I gave him a choice. Drop the tire tool, don't take another step towards me, or I will take your life. That's what I told him. He dropped the tire tool, jumped in his car, and hit the road.

I thank God for that, because I was about to kill him if he took another step towards me.

He should have put hands on him, not shot him.

This guy is toast.

Skinner, you and I view this the same as nearly exactly what I said. The guy should have pounded on him some with his fists as no weapon had been brandished or viewed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum