Texas Hunting Forum

F-150 Lightning Q&A

Posted By: NORML as can be

F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/02/22 03:49 PM

How big is the battery in the Ford Lightning?
Ford’s Extended Range F-150 Lightning has a massive 131 kWh battery pack. The Standard Range models will carry a ‘mere’ 98 kWh battery.

How much will the Ford Lightning actually cost?
The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning electric truck will cost anywhere from $39,974 to upwards of $95,000 with every available option, plus a $1,695 destination charge.

How much does it cost to replace batteries in an electric car?
How Much Does an EV Battery Cost to Replace? Replacement ranges from $0 to $20,000 based on dozens of factors. If a battery is within its manufacturer warranty, typically 8 years and 100,000 miles, then you should get a replacement battery at no extra cost.

How much does it cost to install a Ford Lightning charger?
The other way, the system can provide up to 9.6 kW to your home when combined with Ford’s Home Integration System during the installation. Speaking of installation, the $1,310 price tag doesn’t include it.

Can an electric truck really power a house?
It means that the electric pickup truck can send power back to power a home, another vehicle, or virtually anything it can plug into. In March, Ford unveiled the Ford Charge Station Pro, a bi-directional home charging station that works with the upcoming F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck.

How big is the battery in a Ford F-150 Lightning?
Jumping up to the F-150 Lighting’s extended range battery nets you 300 miles of range—again, these are Ford’s early figures, official EPA ratings are forthcoming—thanks to a massive 131 kWh of usable capacity. Let’s talk about those numbers for a second, because they’re huge.

How long can an electric F-150 power a house?
Ford estimates that the truck’s extended-range battery pack can power a home for up to three days of regular usage at approximately 30 kilowatt-hours per day, or up to 10 days with rationing (i.e., reduced electrical consumption and possibly even stopping the Lightning from powering the home when it’s unnecessary) and

How far can AF 150 Lightning go???????

Of note, the F-150 Lightning equipped with the larger extended range battery has an estimated range of up to 320 mi (515 km). The standard battery has the juice to power the truck up to 230 mi (370 km).

Posted By: TexFlip

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/02/22 04:02 PM

Don't forget the 100 mile range when towing.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/02/22 05:26 PM

Yes and how accurate the 26- 28 mpg on the eco boost gas motors. I never got more than 15.6 on the avg. Got me a V8 and drill baby drill bang peep
Posted By: nak

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/02/22 06:23 PM

My Eco-Boost never saw 20 MPG with AC Off, no passengers, no load in the back, driving 60 on flat pavement.
When I hooked a light trailer up, I was down to 12 MPG under normal driving conditions.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/02/22 08:12 PM

At least it can't blow spark plugs out of it.
scared
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/02/22 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by nak
My Eco-Boost never saw 20 MPG with AC Off, no passengers, no load in the back, driving 60 on flat pavement.
When I hooked a light trailer up, I was down to 12 MPG under normal driving conditions.

What setup? Tires? 2.7 or 3.5 eco? Lift? Lead foot or do you feather the gas pedal? When my 4x4 2.7 ecoboost was new, I would get 21 on the highway consistently. If I babied it, I could get even more. Of course, that was with highway tires and no lift. Added a lift and it dropped some. Added tires and it dropped a bit more. Now, I have a 2 1/2" lift on the front, and a 1" lift on the back. One size larger tires (33" vs 32"), and much more aggressive tread. (mud tire/all terrain hybrid). Yes, I did re-program the odometer to account for the tire change. If I go easy, I can still get 19mpg, but It usually averages 18 now.
Posted By: Stealthjr

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/03/22 10:07 AM

Interesting video with a real world test and what happens when you tow with an EV.

https://youtu.be/-e55Vued028
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/03/22 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by nak

What setup? Tires? 2.7 or 3.5 eco? Lift? Lead foot or do you feather the gas pedal? When my 4x4 2.7 ecoboost was new, I would get 21 on the highway consistently. If I babied it, I could get even more. Of course, that was with highway tires and no lift. Added a lift and it dropped some. Added tires and it dropped a bit more. Now, I have a 2 1/2" lift on the front, and a 1" lift on the back. One size larger tires (33" vs 32"), and much more aggressive tread. (mud tire/all terrain hybrid). Yes, I did re-program the odometer to account for the tire change. If I go easy, I can still get 19mpg, but It usually averages 18 now.

What is your definition of 'going easy'? And are you talking 60-65 HWYs or 75?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/03/22 02:36 PM

Just carry a gassed up dirtbike in the back of the truck in case it stops out in the middle of nowhere.
Posted By: glens

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/03/22 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
Don't forget the 100 mile range when towing.

And whatever you do,,,, Don't turn the AC on in 110 degree heat, roll the windows down and don't drive until the battery says NO, they won't roll up.. Friends Tesla didn't like that.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/03/22 08:48 PM

No HP on these...weak.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: F-150 Lightning Q&A - 11/03/22 11:47 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum