Texas Hunting Forum

CO wolves

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

CO wolves - 10/08/22 07:06 PM

18 calves killed. Note CO hasn’t even began their wolf relocation program yet. These are “transient” wolves they have tried to be ultra quiet about. I feel for the rancher

https://www.thefencepost.com/news/1...-after-apparent-wolf-attack-near-meeker/
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 07:17 PM

I know a chick that will help resolve that. Just send out a statewide warning for folks to keep their huskies inside roflmao
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 07:30 PM

There's going to be too many wolves real quick (if not already). Need to open a hunting season on them.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 07:42 PM

Coexist? Turn some wolves loose in some suburban areas, where the voters live.
Posted By: Stub

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 08:49 PM

Aren't the new relo's wolves suppose to go to western Colorado?
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 09:01 PM

Wonder if they came from Yellowstone packs?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

That’s an awfully long way from NW Wyoming.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: CO wolves - 10/08/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Yellowstone wolves have shown up there I believe.

Re: CO wolves - 10/09/22 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Yellowstone wolves have shown up there I believe.

Technically yes, the Canadian grey wolf introduction started in Yellowstone NP, once numbers exceeded carrying Capacity dispersal caused them to move east, west, and south. The part of the Pack most likely originated from Wyoming or maybe Idaho, but with out a doubt they have DNA ties to Yellowstone.

There has been reports of wolf sightings in Northern Colorado for over a decade now. Now that they had a ballot initiative to introduce the non-native wolf CPW started acknowledging their current local numbers and populations

Re: CO wolves - 10/09/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Aren't the new relo's wolves suppose to go to western Colorado?

They just finalized their habitat study and it’s basically west of boulder/Denver. They talked about San Juan’s but I’m not sure if they will based on the legal issues if those wolves end up in NM and kill off the Mexican wolf reintroduction efforts.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: CO wolves - 10/09/22 01:24 AM

A guide on an elk hunt out of Chama once told me if I saw a mountain lion to shoot it and just tell him about it. I suspect the same thing will happen with wolves.

Re: CO wolves - 10/09/22 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by retfuz
A guide on an elk hunt out of Chama once told me if I saw a mountain lion to shoot it and just tell him about it. I suspect the same thing will happen with wolves.

NM lion season is 365 day season and one license gives you two tags. They do have a unit quota but seldom does it get reach, unless people go on a female shooting spree. CO on the other hand is idiotic about it, just like they are their bears.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum