Texas Hunting Forum

How many of you...

Posted By: deerfeeder

How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:39 AM

have gotten into this baloney of feeling like you have to tell people what your "pronouns" are? If so, why?
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:41 AM

I think they're pretty big into that on TFF
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:42 AM

Can't say I've actually heard any of that nonsense in real life.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:44 AM

I refuse to participate in such crapola.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:45 AM

I do not know what that is. It is not rocket science
Posted By: TCM3

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:46 AM

I have a adjective. Male.
Posted By: Gary Olson

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:58 AM

Same as it ever was. My pronouns are Mr. or Sir; the wife is Mrs. or Mam.
Not hard to remember; society has been using those pronouns for over a hundred years.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:10 AM

I ask because one of my daughters, the "woke" one, has that stuff listed on one of her cards. All I can do is shake my head.
Posted By: rickym

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:11 AM

He, Him, Man, adult male.

I’m slowly bringing my wife’s family to the republican side, every statement out of the vegetables mouth helps my case!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:11 AM

I think just shaking your head and saying dammit is the best you can do here.

My sister is the same way and she is 31.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:13 AM

4F's smirk
Posted By: rickym

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by HoneyBeez
I think just shaking your head and saying dammit is the best you can do here.

My sister is the same way and she is 31.

Teach her better then! I understand some you can’t fix, but you gotta try!

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:21 AM

Somewhere after high school she caught up with this bovine scat. She's working on a PhD., so all that edumacation didn't help.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy

Same, and if I did, I certainly would not give any credence to it. I refuse to acknowledge that level of ignorance and mental illness.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:48 AM

Me either.
Posted By: Greg

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Originally Posted by DocHorton

Same, and if I did, I certainly would not give any credence to it. I refuse to acknowledge that level of ignorance and mental illness.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 03:56 AM

Same. I mainly see it referenced here in the THF OT. And I travel in public through a broad spectrum of society. Don’t think I’ve ever actually encountered it.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

up

Same here. And you have it right....it is absolutely a form of mental illness.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
I ask because one of my daughters, the "woke" one, has that stuff listed on one of her cards. All I can do is shake my head.

She may be rebelling instead of thinking. She may not be serious in her convictions but rather doing it to bother you.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 07:08 AM

I was told this week that I have to stop referring to rookies as rookies. After a few days, I have now settled on piss-ant.

I don’t know if that a proverb, a reverb, an anonymous, or a anthem, I was never good at those in school.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Posted By: wp75169

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 09:08 AM

I only know one person who thought pronouns were interchangeable. A recent college graduate who is now an engineer for us.

I easily showed him how stupid it was and now he agrees. I used two colors, red and blue. We all know our colors and know them to be facts. I told him I thought they were opposite but he did not agree. We agreed I must be stupid. Then I told him he must agree and start calling them opposite or he would hurt my feelings. Not just that I was stupid but insisted that he join me in the stupidity as well. He quickly laughed and saw foolishness of all of it.

I will say you have to turn one person at a time and you can’t gang up on that one person. Most of their stupidity is easily proven to them as just that.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:48 AM

I've seen it under a "pastor's" signature on a letter within the past 6 months. The Lutheran church my wife grew up in is the ELCA segment that is in a race to be the wokest "church" ever. Of course, it's dying. This woman pastor isn't even Lutheran. They had to take whatever they could scrounge up. The place is pitiful.

All of this is incredibly stupid and sad. The far left ruins and destroys everything. And their eyes are veiled by the devil so they can't even see or understand what they have wrought.
Posted By: Catperch

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:52 AM

have gotten into this baloney of feeling like you have to tell people what your "pronouns" are? If so, why?

Oh Gawd no!!! And don’t know anyone that has. But I’m never around any type of yuppy city woke type folk at work or in my personal time. We home school too so that also keeps us from being around the school crowds, but some of the stuff I hear that’s happening even in the Conservative type schools here in east Texas is mind blowing. Not only are the girls now boys, but some of them are cats and ‘furries”….. insanity
Posted By: wp75169

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Catperch

Oh Gawd no!!! And don’t know anyone that has. But I’m never around any type of yuppy city woke type folk at work or in my personal time. We home school too so that also keeps us from being around the school crowds, but some of the stuff I hear that’s happening even in the Conservative type schools here in east Texas is mind blowing. Not only are the girls now boys, but some of them are cats and ‘furries”….. insanity

I have inquired and confirmed this starts and stops at the school board level. Who in the hell are we electing and why? Better yet how many people actually vote at their local school board elections? People think if they don’t have a kid in school it doesn’t matter. That’s the farthest thing from the truth. We are voting on the future of our society. Small east Texas towns of 5-20k people only have hundreds of people voting for school board. It may be the most important vote we can cast in regards to our future as a society.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 12:19 PM

I think a lot of people run for a school board spot with visions of grandeur that it's the first step towards bigger and bigger political office. Next county commissioner/city council, and on and on. It's not about the kids, it's about their inflated ego.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 12:29 PM

I saw this on a few emails and cards for potential vendors. They are blocked now. bang
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 12:32 PM

I see it fairly often in the signature line of emails at work. rolleyes
Posted By: luckyp

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I think a lot of people run for a school board spot with visions of grandeur that it's the first step towards bigger and bigger political office. Next county commissioner/city council, and on and on. It's not about the kids, it's about their inflated ego.

I 100% agree with you.
Posted By: soooo

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:00 PM

I still just go by Stud.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:12 PM

I have heard companies won’t hire folks who put them on their resume cheers

When I hear that bs if it’s not in a joke I’m out of there ASAP. If I’m in a professional environment where I have to act grown up I will, other than that my gaze drops to my feet and shake my head walking away wondering what kind of F’ed up world my kids have to grow up in, it’s a damn shame.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:12 PM

You're either a boy or a girl. That is determined at birth.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:41 PM

Always sir or ma'am.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:49 PM

I have not met a person yet that wishes to be called anything other than who they are. And that includes a decade of high school tennis players. I will mention that the 15 year old kid across the road says that there are some kids at school that want to be called this and that.

Sooner or later I suppose I will run into a non-person with a weird ‘name’. I actually look forward to it.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:52 PM

I do not participate in other people's mental illnesses.
Posted By: TLew

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 01:53 PM

It's unmissable in a lot of big corporations, mine included. I just do the last part of SSS

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

She may be rebelling instead of thinking. She may not be serious in her convictions but rather doing it to bother you.

I dunno 'bout that. She has bought into the Dem BS pretty much lock, stock, and barrel. One bright note though was yesterday she was complaining big time to her "Mom" about how expensive stuff is etc. So what do I do? I reminded all of them, on the family group text, that elections have consequences, and you get what you vote for. So far no response on that.

Yes, I am an A'hole and do not hesitate to rub salt in wounds. She was taught way better, but went along with the herd.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:13 PM

I may go with Master or maybe even God. Those are surely going to piss off wokesters.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85
I see it fairly often in the signature line of emails at work. rolleyes

Yep, me too. The only time its useful is when you have someone with a completely foreign name like Wahkishka Mukundeem.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 02:24 PM

Remember the SNL Pat skits? roflmao

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 05:58 PM

Remember the SNL Pat skits? roflmao

Greatness. Back when SNL was actually funny. Couldn't get away with that now days.
Posted By: Old Smuggler

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 06:17 PM

Place I work has started promoting this on email signature's. Ignored it so far. Actually really don't care what folks call me as long as they call me to dinner!

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 06:27 PM

I dunno 'bout that. She has bought into the Dem BS pretty much lock, stock, and barrel. One bright note though was yesterday she was complaining big time to her "Mom" about how expensive stuff is etc. So what do I do? I reminded all of them, on the family group text, that elections have consequences, and you get what you vote for. So far no response on that.

Yes, I am an A'hole and do not hesitate to rub salt in wounds. She was taught way better, but went along with the herd.

It may only go on a few more years. Congrats on your daughter's education.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 07:16 PM

A small group of people and the upper management in HR at my company are eaten up with this stuff. I've been on a couple of conference calls where they start their introduction with it. I usually tune them out as soon as they say it. If you work for a company that does it, just wait till you have to take your yearly diversity training. Imagine the dumbest sexual harassment video you have ever seen and then multiple that by 10.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 07:28 PM

Somewhere after high school she caught up with this bovine scat. She's working on a PhD., so all that edumacation didn't help.

Surely, you’re not paying for that.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.
I do not participate in other people's mental illnesses.

Same. I also can’t imagine working anywhere that expected me to.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

NO! Thank goodness.
Posted By: BigfootWallace

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 08:22 PM

I have never encountered this crap in real life. Just seen it on TV and the internet. I would refuse to work with such idiots. My values are worth more than any company can pay me. There are a thousand other places to work, we have a ton of options here if you are a valuable employee. We don't live in Somalia. flag

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 08:45 PM

NO! Thank goodness.

I figured.

There’s always hope, amigo. A lot of people come to their senses, eventually, if they have half a brain in their head.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 08:49 PM

If we are talking about pronouns like Mr. then I definitely will use them in English and the equivalent in other languages in professional communications with customers. There's also professional titles like Doctor and Engineer that are important.

I run into this more internationally.

This has been around a really long time. It's about showing respect and not anything related to wokeness.

What do you think?

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 08:54 PM

If we are talking about pronouns like Mr. then I definitely will use them in English and the equivalent in other languages in professional communications with customers. There's also professional titles like Doctor and Engineer that are important.

This has been around a really long time. It's about showing respect and not anything related to wokeness.

What do you think?

Makes sense. I like the idea of being called Mr. Engineer.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 09:02 PM

What do you think?

Makes sense. I like the idea of being called Mr. Engineer.

It would be more like:

Ing. Sneaky Sierra in written form and verbal familiar would be Ingeniero and formal verbal ingeniero Sierra.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 09:45 PM

That’s cool. You can call me Ingeniero. I like that.

By the way, what all languages do you speak?
Posted By: chalet

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 09:56 PM

My pronouns are "deez nutz"

Seriously though. I have a good friend with the Fed Gov and this came down the pipe for them. We had a discussion about how since those terms are arbitrary and fluid a person could change them every day and then fight it when HR came down on them. It could be interesting to say the least.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:03 PM

I’m like some others, haven’t seen this in real life.
How does it show up on a business card or signature?

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:03 PM

Fluently Spanish and Portuguese. Then a little this and that.
Posted By: chalet

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by PKnTX

Copied this off one of my emails. Changed the info obviously

Ms./She/Her Susie Florez | Acme Enterprises
Account Manager
3401 Nowhere Blvd Suite 300 – Austin, Tx 78701
Tel: 512-652-5225 | Cell: 512-695-9083
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by chalet

Account Manager

Thanks. So this is a required input? If so at least “Suzie” is consistent.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 10:15 PM

Account Manager

That just appears stupid.

Woke - aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 11:37 PM

Fluently Spanish and Portuguese. Then a little this and that.

That’s what I would have guessed, based on your travels that I’m aware of.

Re: How many of you... - 10/07/22 11:44 PM

Account Manager

That's just silly!

Re: How many of you... - 10/08/22 03:03 AM

Traditional forms of address or titles such as Dr. are one thing, the woke garbage is lunacy.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: How many of you... - 10/08/22 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

All of this is incredibly stupid and sad. The far left ruins and destroys everything. And their eyes are veiled by the devil so they can't even see or understand what they have wrought.

And the people said, "Amen!"
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: How many of you... - 10/08/22 03:59 AM

Anyone gotta kid in school pissn in a litter box ?? Just curious.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: How many of you... - 10/08/22 04:16 AM

School Boards are an important place to start but if we, in this community here, cannot spell properly...how in the hell can we expect to be heard?

WTF is "mam"?
Posted By: Catperch

Re: How many of you... - 10/08/22 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169
Originally Posted by Catperch

I have inquired and confirmed this starts and stops at the school board level. Who in the hell are we electing and why? Better yet how many people actually vote at their local school board elections? People think if they don’t have a kid in school it doesn’t matter. That’s the farthest thing from the truth. We are voting on the future of our society. Small east Texas towns of 5-20k people only have hundreds of people voting for school board. It may be the most important vote we can cast in regards to our future as a society.

To clarify, I don’t think these schools are “catering” to this type behavior like the other schools we read about, but the behavior is still there. It’ll only take a lawsuit when a boy decides he needs to use the girls locker room to test the resolve of these schools. And you are correct….VOTE.
Posted By: howl

Re: How many of you... - 10/08/22 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
School Boards are an important place to start but if we, in this community here, cannot spell properly...how in the hell can we expect to be heard?

WTF is "mam"?

Doesn't matter at all. Being on a school board is all about how recognizable your extended family is and how many local groups you can get out to vote for you. Think roads in the county named after ancestors, deacon in big church, local businessman, etc. The voter turnout will be low so you have to have the most connections to people, who will go vote because they know you as one of their own, to get elected. Anyone who has those connections and doesn't take a spot to keep a progressive fruitloop out should not be surprised with the pronouns and pedos show up in their schools.

All of my coworkers are fellow scientists. The pronoun thing hasn't happened yet. I will steal that Master/God/Highness idea if it does, though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum