Texas Hunting Forum

People amaze me

Posted By: BigPig

People amaze me - 09/27/22 10:56 AM

I’ve been working in the station the past year or so, and to say the phone calls we get are interesting is putting it lightly.

Tonight, a man calls from North Dakota, here’s a brief of what he had to say: “hey, I just woke up and was checking the NORAD radar. There’s a big hurricane headed for Florida. It’s already wiped out Cuba. You need to tell Florida to evacuate.”

Me- sir, this is Dallas PD in Dallas Texas.

Him- oh haha ok. Well y’all will get the spin off of this storm. But anyways, you need to call the governors office in Florida and tell them to evacuate.

Me- I don’t think I’m going to do that. I’m pretty sure they already know.

Him- I don’t think they do. This is a big storm and just popped up.

Me- did it just pop up because you just woke up? How long have you been asleep?

Him- so you’re not going to do anything? I can’t believe you don’t care about those people in Florida. Hangs up angrily

chicken
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 11:01 AM

roflmao

Testing your Patients

ETA: I can’t believe you won’t get on the horn with DeSantis and tell him how to run his state roflmao
Posted By: Stub

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 11:46 AM

I am going to have a heart to heart conversation with one of my elderly neighbors who I thought was as cool as the day is long. I have learned that she is voting for Beto because she hates Ted Cruz and President Trump loco
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
I’ve been working in the station the past year or so, and to say the phone calls we get are interesting is putting it lightly.

Tonight, a man calls from North Dakota, here’s a brief of what he had to say: “hey, I just woke up and was checking the NORAD radar. There’s a big hurricane headed for Florida. It’s already wiped out Cuba. You need to tell Florida to evacuate.”

Him- oh haha ok. Well y’all will get the spin off of this storm. But anyways, you need to call the governors office in Florida and tell them to evacuate.

Him- so you’re not going to do anything? I can’t believe you don’t care about those people in Florida. Hangs up angrily

chicken

clap

You heartless man
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 12:12 PM

North Dakota. If he's like this now, imagine how buggy he'll be come February.
Posted By: glens

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
North Dakota. If he's like this now, imagine how buggy he'll be come February.

The Idiot will be fine. There ain't no Hurricanes in February.
Posted By: Espy

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 12:21 PM

Dang Big pig what if he is right and Florida isn’t aware of the hurricane. I will do your job and call Florida. Do you know the number never mind I will just call 911 and ask them.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 12:31 PM

amazing some of the 911 call that come in. i'm watching a weekly show which follows 911 operator shifts. pretty good show
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 01:33 PM

I am beginning to understand colt 45
Posted By: Marc K

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
I am beginning to understand colt 45

clap
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 02:38 PM

Stub, sounds like the elderly lady seen threw Trumps bs .
Everyone fed-up with the political bs . He took advantage & said all the right things.
Even made Ted Cruz & the other Rep. Look like idiots.
People were against Hillory, easy win.

Some ya'll call me a whiner, (for posting what it's like ta below-income worker), yet the brown nose Trump, for his childish tantrums. Some enjoy putting down low-income workers think they better.

Hudbone, confused2, tis thinking your post was refuring ta me, colt.45, the other 5is pretty easy ta understand.

Ya'll have a good one. Stay cool.

flag
Posted By: Cochise

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by colt.45
Everyone fed-up with the political bs . He took advantage & said all the right things.

Some ya'll call me a whiner, (for posting what it's like ta below-income worker), yet the brown nose Trump, for his childish tantrums. Some enjoy putting down low-income workers think they better.

Hudbone, confused2, tis thinking your post was refuring ta me, colt.45, the other 5is pretty easy ta understand.

flag

No one cares how much money you do or don't make.

You are a stupid liberal with a stupid schtick of "how you talk" though - with a huge victim mentality. That's why you get hate.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 02:42 PM

Enjoy those gas prices and inflation, colt! up
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
roflmao

Testing your Patients

ETA: I can’t believe you won’t get on the horn with DeSantis and tell him how to run his state roflmao

I can’t believe none of us have his schedule when he is working the non-emergency number

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
roflmao

Testing your Patients

I can’t believe none of us have his schedule when he is working the non-emergency number

Golden, an absolutely brilliant thought.
Posted By: Judd

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 03:35 PM

Further proof state mental hospitals probably shouldn't have been shut down confused2
Posted By: texfork

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise

flag

You are a stupid liberal with a stupid schtick of "how you talk" though - with a huge victim mentality. That's why you get hate.

Well there you go . I could have not said it better .
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 04:49 PM

The liberal Yankee donkey told the tiger, “The grass is blue.”

The tiger replied, “No, the grass is green.”

The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn’t it true that the grass is blue?”

The lion replied: “If you believe it is true, the grass is blue.”

The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him.”

The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence.”

The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue…”

The tiger asked the lion, “Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?”

The lion replied, ′′You’ve known and seen the grass is green.”

The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?”

The lion replied, “That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an [censored], and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true

Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Further proof state mental hospitals probably shouldn't have been shut down confused2

up

Better living through chemistry.

BigPig you should have invited him to the THF.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 05:52 PM

Save that number, when a big snowstorm is about to hit ND this winter, call him and tell him to evacuate.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 06:03 PM

I saw the Terrell Mental Hospital is tearing out all the old buildings RE: Torture Chambers. Maybe they will fix it up for all the Mentally Ill folks who roam the THF......ugh.....I mean the streets bolt

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
I saw the Terrell Mental Hospital is tearing out all the old buildings RE: Torture Chambers. Maybe they will fix it up for all the Mentally Ill folks who roam the THF......ugh.....I mean the streets bolt

how do you know so much about the place?

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

how do you know so much about the place?

roflmao
He's got you,Buzz roflmao
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by texfork
Originally Posted by Cochise

flag

Well there you go . I could have not said it better .

Bingo... No matter the subject matter of a post, "low income worker" finds it's way in.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 07:35 PM

chicken

Now that I know you are working the station, I may have to start calling in with some similar requests!

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 08:32 PM

roflmao

Testing your Patients

roflmao

Testing your Patients

This needs to happen rofl
Posted By: J.G.

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 09:07 PM

^^Record it
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: People amaze me - 09/27/22 09:32 PM

There must be some real wackos up there. Maybe they have brain freeze. There was a lady that called a radio station and told them someone needs to move or get rid of the deer crossing sign because deer are getting run over.

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:17 AM

This guy was pretty normal as far as the callers go. Now Peggy, she’s a nightly caller and cuckoo crazy. I can’t repeat what she says mainly because she talks too fast and I stopped listening a time ago. Something about FBI, NSA, the Governor blah blah blah.

I’ll try and keep this going as the crazies cal in

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:18 AM

roflmao

Testing your Patients

roflmao

Testing your Patients

They are screened before they get to me
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:27 AM

We had a complaint of ducks not crossing at a duck crossing sign

Had another person wanting us to catch and relocate some deer in a field because they were to close to the road

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:32 AM

roflmao

Testing your Patients

[quote=Thundervee] roflmao

Testing your Patients

They are screened before they get to me [/quote

How'd the guy from North Dakota get past it...
peep

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:35 AM

This kinda sounds like a challenge, like you don’t think we’re creative enough to make it to you, I’d venture to say that, if a dude from SD can call about a hurricane in FL and make it to you, we wouldn’t have much of a problem. 😂😂
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:47 AM

This kinda sounds like a challenge, like you don’t think we’re creative enough to make it to you, I’d venture to say that, if a dude from SD can call about a hurricane in FL and make it to you, we wouldn’t have much of a problem. 😂😂

Yep I think even Colt .45 could get to Wizzade if that happened.

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:49 AM

I wanted to hear him
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 01:59 AM

I think this is a great way to make your life more interesting. I think we should do something special for the first one to prank call you lol
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 02:04 AM

Some tweaker from the south up there working in the Baaken is my bet. I’ve spent a lot of time up there. Those people are among the most sensible self reliant Americans I have ever had the pleasure to spend time around.

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 11:09 AM

Tonight it was some drunk [censored] from Big Springs. Called prob 30 times in 3 hours and was still calling when I left. Calling us to ramble in a drunken stupor about nothing. He didn’t want to bother Midland PD because they are too busy. We called the Sherriff office out there with all his information and they politely declined to help us.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 02:58 PM

No matter the subject matter of a post, "low income worker" finds it's way in.

What amazes me.
Why some on here, whine, cry cry, & complain bout what it's like being low- income worker ?
Yet they can get on here & complain.

The name calling, put downs Trump wanna be's.
He called Senitor McCain a looser cause he was a P.O.W.

Trump is all about himself.
Low-income workers have No say, get drowned out by others complain how bad they have it

flag
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 03:06 PM

Please keep these transplants away from our great State of texas
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 03:15 PM

What amazes me is that after all these years as a cop people still amaze you. A whole bunch of people left to their own devices will foul stuff up...every...dang...time.
Posted By: maximum

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.
^^Record it

^ ^ ^
I need a bambulance

Who do de deer belong to ? Me, oh de dog ?

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
What amazes me is that after all these years as a cop people still amaze you. A whole bunch of people left to their own devices will foul stuff up...every...dang...time.

I have a free front row ticket to the greatest show on earth. I’m highly recommend everyone participates in a ride out at some point
Posted By: Gary Olson

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 05:15 PM

We called the Sherriff office out there with all his information and they politely declined to help us.
Can you call Whiteman AFB and ask the pilots to ease up on the night maneuvers? Had a couple of sonic booms last night. Clear sky, great for flying. The local sheriff just thanks me for the information.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 05:21 PM

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Olson
We called the Sherriff office out there with all his information and they politely declined to help us.
Can you call Whiteman AFB and ask the pilots to ease up on the night maneuvers? Had a couple of sonic booms last night. Clear sky, great for flying. The local sheriff just thanks me for the information.

We have a unit that deals with people like this when they are in Dallas. We get a few calls a month from outside agencies asking us to help them because a person is clogging up their emergency line. Most outside agencies neglect to assist us with this same thing.
Posted By: glens

Re: People amaze me - 09/28/22 05:51 PM

No matter the subject matter of a post, "low income worker" finds it's way in.

What amazes me.
Why some on here, whine, cry cry, & complain bout what it's like being low- income worker ?
Yet they can get on here & complain.

The name calling, put downs Trump wanna be's.
He called Senitor McCain a looser cause he was a P.O.W.

Trump is all about himself.
Low-income workers have No say, get drowned out by others complain how bad they have it

flag

No Einstein,, He called Him a loser cause He was a POS.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum