Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: It's of the devil - 09/20/22 05:39 PM

Good one!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: It's of the devil - 09/20/22 05:41 PM

flame
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 12:14 AM

That’s no joke. I was just about ready to lose it on a hand, once, when we were pressed for time and he couldn’t get a roll of black tape started to save his life. I finally took the tape from him and proceeded to get my butt whooped by it, too. I launched that roll of tape across location and stomped off to grab another. There went the second roll into orbit. We eventually found one that would cooperate. Cold weather really compounded things. I had to dig one up from a warmer spot.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 12:33 AM

Dang sneaky! You angry!
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 12:34 AM

bolt
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 01:00 AM

I'd cut it with a pocket knife before I would toss it, but, we all have our limits with different things. loco_too

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Dang sneaky! You angry!

You already knew that.

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I'd cut it with a pocket knife before I would toss it, but, we all have our limits with different things. loco_too

No, I’m telling you, there was no hope for that tape. Even when we could get it started, it would tear. Lost cause. When things get that sideways, I like to throw things. It was the only appropriate response, given the situation. I’m certain of that.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky

No, I’m telling you, there was no hope for that tape. Even when we could get it started, it would tear. Lost cause. When things get that sideways, I like to throw things. It was the only appropriate response, given the situation. I’m certain of that.

I am in Colorado and do not have access to my meme data base but you know what I want to say. You know...
Posted By: kry226

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 12:03 PM

roflmao
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Dang sneaky! You angry!

rofl wow, looks like he had a bad day with a roll of tape..

muyloco looks like i gots an honorable mention from him.

He probley blamed me.

Hope your day tis a good one Sneaky.

flag
Posted By: chalet

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 02:43 PM

I've dealt with packing tape for 30 years. Best thing you can do is toss a roll a lot of times. Cheap tape sucks, best to buy the better stuff. We've had good luck with U-Line.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 03:34 PM

Never used cheap black tape. Always 3M 88T. Using substandard materials never pays off.

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Never used cheap black tape. Always 3M 88T. Using substandard materials never pays off.

We use Super 33 where it matters. For things like taping hoses, we go through too much tape to spend much money on it. It’s not usually a problem until it gets cold.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

We use Super 33 where it matters. For things like taping hoses, we go through too much tape to spend much money on it. It’s not usually a problem until it gets cold.

We can use a few tubes of cheapo tape to a single roll 33 or 88.

Re: It's of the devil - 09/21/22 11:08 PM

We just need the 33 for it’s heat resistance. It doesn’t seem to hold hoses together any better than the cheap stuff, and it wouldn’t matter if it did. These hands would use the same amount, and the people that buy it for us are not buying the expensive stuff for anything but what we really need it for.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum