Texas Hunting Forum

Man Size Pleasure

Posted By: Homer Jay

Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 03:59 AM

I'm kinda sorry I never had a chance to try a Falstaff Beer.

What's available today that is close to a match for it?

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 04:19 AM

You didn’t miss much… roflmao
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 04:45 AM

PBR
Posted By: Stub

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 09:57 AM

Been a real long time since I have had one of those.
Back in the 70's it was not my first choice, but if money was tight and it was on sell you do what you gotta do right

Now if it was cold and free, it was pretty darn good. grin
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 10:31 AM

Isn't this the beer Dizzy Dean would drink during his broadcasts of baseball games and start singing songs?
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 12:48 PM

That will get you a vacation.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 05:17 PM

Wasn't a bad beer, to me it was similar to Miller Lite in taste. I liked it.
Posted By: bagster

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 05:20 PM

I remember Stag being the worse beer back then. Had the best commercials though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4mUKrmN0hM
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 05:22 PM

No such thing as a bad beer. As long as they are ice cold some are just a little better than others.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
No such thing as a bad beer. As long as they are ice cold some are just a little better than others.

Space, I respectfully submit that you have not had the experience of drinking Falstaff. We would kill the first one just to help with the rest. But, at $.99 a six pack for bottles, and being broke college students, some weekends it was the only choice we had.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 06:37 PM

Falstaff and Jax were tough drink. At the time Schlitz was good but that changed also.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 06:43 PM

The worst beer ever was brown derby. Made by pearl and only sold at Safeway. Truly horrific, but cheap.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 06:43 PM

Deposit bottles
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by redhaze
Isn't this the beer Dizzy Dean would drink during his broadcasts of baseball games and start singing songs?

Yup, Every Saturday afternoon my brother and I would have to watch CBS game of the week and I remember him and Pee Wee Reese. Years later I was fortunate enough to meet his cousin. He talked about Dizzy doing the Falstaff commercials but being a firm Schlitz drinker. His cousin looked amazing like Dizzy but not nearly as flamboyant a personality.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pnh

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Old Shakie

Yup, Every Saturday afternoon my brother and I would have to watch CBS game of the week and I remember him and Pee Wee Reese. Years later I was fortunate enough to meet his cousin. He talked about Dizzy doing the Falstaff commercials but being a firm Schlitz drinker. His cousin looked amazing like Dizzy but not nearly as flamboyant a personality.

[Linked Image]

We're gettin old! Bet not many on here remember that far back.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 09:23 PM

Yes sir, cold and free, it was good beer. But if I were buying it, I’d look for something else if I could afford it
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 09:31 PM

Oertel's 92 and Griesedieck Bros. was better than Falstaff.
Posted By: splicer

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
PBR

PBR is way better than Falstaff

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by jakebunch

Space, I respectfully submit that you have not had the experience of drinking Falstaff. We would kill the first one just to help with the rest. But, at $.99 a six pack for bottles, and being broke college students, some weekends it was the only choice we had.

Jake my first beer experience was a quart of Falstaff and a bag of potato chips for lunch in 1963. I was 16 and had made it as a varsity starting defensive back as a sophomore. The senior’s on the team took me to my first “liquid” lunch. It and Stag was all we could afford back then.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 07/31/22 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by jakebunch

Jake my first beer experience was a quart of Falstaff and a bag of potato chips for lunch in 1963. I was 16 and had made it as a varsity starting defensive back as a sophomore. The senior’s on the team took me to my first “liquid” lunch. It and Stag was all we could afford back then.

Space, since you are a year older than I am, you must know what you are talking about. cheers
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 12:05 AM

First beer I ever had a drink of (Falstaff) Was about 6 years old sitting on my Grandfathers lap after they just harvested their crop of corn. A wash tub full of ice and Longnecks. around 1971 remember it well
Posted By: rogerh

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 12:35 AM

Grew up in Ill, I remember dad icing a case of Falstaff down when we headed to the Wabash river. That was probably 64
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
The worst beer ever was brown derby. Made by pearl and only sold at Safeway. Truly horrific, but cheap.

Yup. Old Milwaukee is close to Falstaff.
Posted By: glens

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 01:36 AM

Down Flour Bluff way outside Corpus Christi, over 60 years ago, Dad and Uncles would meet at a local Bar to shoot the Chit about twice a month. Me and the Cousins would go with them and play on the Beach outside. We would run by and grab a swig off the Parent's.beer as it was always hot and smoking Saturday Afternnon.,,, (Falstaff) They would tell us kids,,,"Don't you dare tell your Mom". It was better than a coke at the time. Of course they were Full Blooded Germans and raised that way. Good memories for sure.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 02:53 AM

Old Milwaukee, Falstaff, Heidelberg, Schlitz, Pabst were all our beer choices while on a budget in high school in mid to late 80s and in college. Taste sucked but as said, if cold tolerable for sure. If the budget got slightly bigger, we'd upgrade to a poor boy's Silver Bullet, Schaeffer's. Think they were Coors' generic version.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by pnh
Originally Posted by Old Shakie

[Linked Image]

We're gettin old! Bet not many on here remember that far back.

Yessir, and Dizz singing "Wabash Cannonball".
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 03:33 AM

My dad typically drank Falstaff. Would be nice to share one with him. It would be the best tasting ever.

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 01:51 PM

Jake I remember it well as I had typing class first thing after lunch. It was the only time I failed my speed test on the old manual typewriters. Also I was a “little” sick during practice after school. LOL
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Man Size Pleasure - 08/01/22 02:12 PM

This is what I used to say when I was young an poor. I am neither young nor poor anymore. I may not be rich, but I can afford good beer now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum