Texas Hunting Forum

Scammers

Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Scammers - 07/24/22 02:26 PM

More and more scammers on this site. Thomas Adkins, seems to be the new one. Replied in my post with an email then emailed me with another email and pmed me after I said no thanks. If you go to your profile settings you can make it where your email can't be seen. I'm assuming that will fix the issue.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Scammers - 07/24/22 02:41 PM

Sorry sir.

I’ve purchased an item from you and it was a positive and simple transaction
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Scammers - 07/24/22 03:33 PM

Good information, thanks for posting. up
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Scammers - 07/24/22 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by DeerSlayer31
More and more scammers on this site. Thomas Adkins, seems to be the new one. Replied in my post with an email then emailed me with another email and pmed me after I said no thanks. If you go to your profile settings you can make it where your email can't be seen. I'm assuming that will fix the issue.

When you say “more and more scammers on this site”, who else are you referring to? I’ve bought and sold many times on here and have never had any interactions with scammers.
Posted By: DeerSlayer31

Re: Scammers - 07/24/22 04:31 PM

Just one more. Don't remember the name another member posted about it before. Same deal will email you with what you want and only wants to talk thru email or text and only wants electronic payment.
Posted By: DeRico

Re: Scammers - 07/24/22 05:05 PM

Any forum with a BST will have a rise in scammers. It’s gotten wild since they can claim they will ship an item to you. Scammers are no longer from across the pond. They are homegrown idiots taking hard earned money.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Scammers - 07/24/22 11:14 PM

Only had dealings with one low life on here.
Wanted to buy an A5 Belgium Browing in 20 ga. He had listed for sale. He had every excuse for not being able to meet.
I finally asked if he had the gun, communication went south from here.
I was going to blow him up on here but he took his add down and faded away.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Scammers - 07/25/22 02:11 PM

Way too many people on the trading post selling items they don't own, usually selling for a family member or a friend.

This is starting to be a magnet for scammer
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Scammers - 07/25/22 02:15 PM

Look at the Non Hunting Trading post today, I noticed 2 different seller with 4 threads going about selling stuff, is there no one who keeps an eye on Trading post section.

This is the rules: 8. Do not have more than 3 active threads going at once.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Scammers - 07/25/22 02:17 PM

no issues here selling but i only take cash, no, electronic payment. young people hate this as they don't know what real money looks like. its pretty easy to spot scammers. if it dont feel right, it aint
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum