Texas Hunting Forum

Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:42 AM

What wrong with this?

HOUSTON (Reuters) - More than 5 million barrels of oil that were part of a historic U.S. emergency oil reserves release aimed at lowering domestic fuel prices were exported to Europe and Asia last month, according to data and sources, even as U.S. gasoline and diesel prices touched record highs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...mp;cvid=7e589859c404480a8c1ebe76e7de9d19
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:45 AM

Gotta get that dirty oil off our soil to save the planet! FJB
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:45 AM

That makes a lot of sense, these asshats in charge are screwing us more and more every day….

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:52 AM

Doing the same thing with LNG Exports to foreign soil. Look at the price jump of NG over the last 5 years.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:55 AM

It doesn’t matter, it’s not the issue nor would tapping the reserves be the fix.

The fix is in TX and the Dakota’s. Same place our EPA is shutting down production due to methane law mandates, notice that they aren’t touching NM or CO
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:55 AM

Just another blatant and asinine FU from this administration to the American people.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:57 AM

Not to worry, that oil that's leaving the strategic reserve will be replaced with $100+ oil from Russia. Hunter will get a commission.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by jeh7mmmag
Doing the same thing with LNG Exports to foreign soil. Look at the price jump of NG over the last 5 years.

Problem with LNG is where can we use it? Why wouldn’t we expand or electric potential with it.

Oh because taking a D5 dozer erasing and displacing all flora and wildlife to create a 6 by 6 mile sq of solar panels is more eco friendly.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
It doesn’t matter, it’s not the issue nor would tapping the reserves be the fix.

The fix is in TX and the Dakota’s. Same place our EPA is shutting down production due to methane law mandates, notice that they aren’t touching NM or CO

flehan

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Just another blatant and asinine FU from this administration to the American people.

flehan :

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:02 AM

At an average of $4.59 per gallon as of May 19, American consumers are dealing with the highest gas prices the nation has ever seen.

But the pain at the pump is actually much worse in some other countries. The global average price of a gallon of gas, in American dollars, is about $5.13, according to GlobalPetrolPrices.com. But there’s a wide range in the price paid by country.

Residents of Hong Kong pay the highest international gas prices, with one gallon setting them back $10.97. Norway has the second-highest gas prices at $9.64 per gallon, followed by Denmark where gas costs an average $9.32 per gallon.

https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/spending/articles/a-look-at-gas-prices-around-the-world#:~:text=But%20there%E2%80%99s%20a%20wide%20range%20in%20the%20price,where%20gas%20costs%20an%20average%20%249.32%20per%20gallon.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:04 AM

A buddy of mine I work with told me he’s spending $595 a month to go to work. In a V-6.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:05 AM

At an average of $4.59 per gallon as of May 19, American consumers are dealing with the highest gas prices the nation has ever seen.

But the pain at the pump is actually much worse in some other countries. The global average price of a gallon of gas, in American dollars, is about $5.13, according to GlobalPetrolPrices.com. But there’s a wide range in the price paid by country.

Residents of Hong Kong pay the highest international gas prices, with one gallon setting them back $10.97. Norway has the second-highest gas prices at $9.64 per gallon, followed by Denmark where gas costs an average $9.32 per gallon.

https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/spending/articles/a-look-at-gas-prices-around-the-world#:~:text=But%20there%E2%80%99s%20a%20wide%20range%20in%20the%20price,where%20gas%20costs%20an%20average%20%249.32%20per%20gallon.

I personally don't give a rats azz about "other countries" gas prices. They've always had higher prices than us.
Posted By: D.O.C.989

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

I personally don't give a rats azz about "other countries" gas prices. They've always had higher prices than us.

Exactly. Nothing but a distraction technique for the low info liberals.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:10 AM

Problem with LNG is where can we use it? Why wouldn’t we expand or electric potential with it.

Oh because taking a D5 dozer erasing and displacing all flora and wildlife to create a 6 by 6 mile sq of solar farm is more eco friendly.

up

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

It just part of the Global Market everyone world wide is having to deal with

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:12 AM

Yes but those countries import most of their petro and are smaller then TX in combined area and population. Denmark is actually only one mention that has decent petro reserves but have said they will cease all petro exportation and production in next decade or two. My BIL use to love working for the Danes in the North Sea on a frack boat. He said they never work but drink a ton roflmao

If you aren’t a rich petro country you pay a premium, but US can easily be energy independent again
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:21 AM

WTF At what point does what the Biden Administration is doing to our nation clearly become oppressive government?

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
WTF At what point does what the Biden Administration is doing to our nation clearly become oppressive government?

That’s valid question, but until 1/2 the voters in the US find some form of free thought instead of regurgitated media BS the view will be that of savior not oppression.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
A buddy of mine I work with told me he’s spending $595 a month to go to work. In a V-6.

I’ll take that deal

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law

I’ll take that deal

Colleyville has a mule pro, lights and all!!! No ac though
Posted By: Greg

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 03:59 AM

It’s just our administration paying off Russia and Saudi Arabia. Same as they did Afghanistan with the 80 Billion in tanks/guns/aircraft, Ukraine with cash (over $45 Billion so far) and munitions. Now it’s their turn to sell their oil for record high profits with little to no competition from America. I think the rest of the world has the dirt on our people in power. Sure we talk tough about how bad Putin is, but I think he’s laughing all the way to the bank as he’s squeezing Biden’s balls.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 12:32 PM

Good lord help us
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:13 PM

Posted By: Stub

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
That makes a lot of sense, these asshats in charge are screwing us more and more every day….

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Originally Posted by jetdad
Not to worry, that oil that's leaving the strategic reserve will be replaced with $100+ oil from Russia. Hunter will get a commission.

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Good lord help us
Posted By: glens

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 01:52 PM

Once again and with Gusto-----------------------------FJB!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 02:01 PM

Jeh
If it’s all normal and business as usual why did you post the original story? Did you forget who held the keys to the reserves?

Senile old hippie
Posted By: leswad

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 02:22 PM

America has to be destroyed to make room for the one world government… maybe one day people will wake up dead_horse

They have injected the world with a bio weapon and everybody is ….

Aww never mind. Good luck to everyone!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

Dr. Phil is correct.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 06:47 PM

President’s economic policy guy was on tv this weekend and said that gasoline prices would have to rise to $7/gallon in order to help the, I believe that he called it “the liberal world order “.

And I just read another talking head that said, don’t get encouraged about the price per bbl falling below $100, because the only thing that will make the price at the pump go down is a drastic reduction in Americans driving habits. So if you believe that, stay home!
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve
President’s economic policy guy was on tv this weekend and said that gasoline prices would have to rise to $7/gallon in order to help the, I believe that he called it “the liberal world order “.

And I just read another talking head that said, don’t get encouraged about the price per bbl falling below $100, because the only thing that will make the price at the pump go down is a drastic reduction in Americans driving habits. So if you believe that, stay home!

I've seen Biden drop the "liberal world order" line as well.

Only reason gas prices are falling a bit is because people aren't driving as much because gas is so expensive. Simple supply and demand. Has nothing to do with policy from the White House.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 07:31 PM

Please explain to me, why in the world, what possible reason could there be, for us to be sending OUR oil, to an ideological enemy, and probably, before too long, an actual shooting enemy? I can't think of any reason on God's green earth, other than these people have been compromised. Big Time!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Please explain to me, why in the world, what possible reason could there be, for us to be sending OUR oil, to an ideological enemy, and probably, before too long, an actual shooting enemy? I can't think of any reason on God's green earth, other than these people have been compromised. Big Time!

The US has been exporting oil for several decades. The oil companies sell to the highest bidders.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191320/total-us-petroleum-exports/

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by deerfeeder

The US has been exporting oil for several decades. The oil companies sell to the highest bidders.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191320/total-us-petroleum-exports/

From our strategic oil reserves? Isn't it supposed to used for national defense? If our government hasn't noticed we aren't at war, Ukraine and Russia are at war.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:18 PM

The oil from the reserve was sold to the highest bidders, Exxon, Phillips 66 and others bought what was put up for sale. They inturn sold it.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:22 PM

The oil from the reserve was sold to the highest bidders, Exxon, Phillips 66 and others bought what was put up for sale. They inturn sold it.

Which is why it should have never been removed from our reserve.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:38 PM

We should just sell it all to China

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:49 PM

China has been a major recipient of US oil exports for a few years. There had been an export ban but that ban was lifted 5 to 10 years ago. The major oil companies are the sellers.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 08:57 PM

China has been a major recipient of US oil exports for a few years. There had been an export ban but that ban was lifted 5 to 10 years ago. The major oil companies are the sellers.

Like I said sell all the reserves to China while shutting down US production via EPA mandates.

We all know how to drop US energy prices, unfortunately there are few that haven’t paid attention to Biden’s promise’s and follow through with EPA and lending

Obama learned from his mistakes when drill baby drill made him look stupid with his green investors
Posted By: Greg

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/06/22 09:08 PM

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/07/22 12:14 AM

Tucker Carlson is all over this tonight. Must see tv.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 07:21 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 07:24 PM

Nothing……will……..happen.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 09:14 PM

Nope. Nothing will happen. They have been taking and taking, lying and lying, and nothing has been done. Hill and Bill are still free, it’s all blah, blah, blah, blah. Absolutely disgusting.
soap

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 09:47 PM

DC, I think you’re a closet commie. Hard to understand how you could be but your post tell the tale.

It did go to China.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 09:48 PM

Absolutely nothing will happen I just want to make sure our Local communist apologist understand how our oil ends up in China
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 10:15 PM

Oil's Well That Ends Well. A good one from the Three Stooges.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/09/22 10:36 PM

[quote=dogcatcher]The oil from the reserve was sold to the highest bidders, Exxon, Phillips 66 and others bought what was put up for sale. They inturn sold it.

DC, I think you’re a closet commie. Hard to understand how you could be but your post tell the tale.

Ain’t no closet about it.

Re: Oil from U.S. reserves head overseas as gasoline prices stay high - 07/10/22 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
[quote=dogcatcher]The oil from the reserve was sold to the highest bidders, Exxon, Phillips 66 and others bought what was put up for sale. They inturn sold it.

Ain’t no closet about it.

https://www.chron.com/business/ener...e-list-of-reserve-oil-buyers-2081473.php
A little knowledge is dangerous. Besides Valero

Other successful offers came from JPMorgan Chase & Co., trading companies Trafigura and Hess Energy Trading Co.; and terminal and pipeline operator Plains All American Pipeline.

Refiners awarded oil included Tesoro Corp., Shell Trading Co., Sunoco, Murphy Oil Corp. Marathon Petroleum Co., Exxon Mobil Corp., ConocoPhillips and BP.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum