Posted By: Roll-Tide

July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 04:21 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 04:40 PM

Typical day in Chi town.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 04:45 PM

Highland Park Illinois, a lot different than Chicago.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 04:48 PM

News reported it was outside Chicago. I don't really care.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
News reported it was outside Chicago. I don't really care.

🤔
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:04 PM

I've been there. It's not even slightly like Chicago and is about 30 miles away. It had a small town feel to it but I don't know what the population is.
Posted By: Concho

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:27 PM

Prayers up for the Victims.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:36 PM

Latest report, Five dead. 16 wounded.
Posted By: Stub

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:49 PM

That area is just an F upped place to live.. I feel sorry for all of the Police that have to work in any of these big DemoRats cities!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-crowds-attack-police-shoot-fireworks-late-night-unrest

Chicago crowds attack police, shoot fireworks in late-night unrest
One Chicago officer sustained minor injuries from the attacks

Violent crowds in Chicago attacked police cars with fists and fireworks in at least two incidents this weekend, injuring one officer.

Police first came under attack Saturday night when a crowd jumped on top of a patrol car, kicking and punching the vehicle until the windshield broke. One officer was injured in the incident, according to CBS Chicago.

A second incident early Monday morning saw a crowd shooting fireworks at patrol cars, which reversed away slowly as the crowd kicked and punched the vehicle.

There have been no reported injuries from the second incident, and police made no arrests.

Chicago has seen extensive violence throughout Independence Day weekend, with 54 people being shot, including seven fatalities, since Friday.

Police officials called on parents to keep track of their children throughout the weekend.

"There's no reason why everyone can't enjoy the holiday and every event safety. Parents, please, please know where your children are," Police Super intendant David Brown said. "Don't leave them to government to be the parents of your kids. We need you, parents, please, to help us make sure your young people are safe."

The youngest victim of Chicago's shootings was a 10-year-old boy, who was wounded in his bedroom after at least one gunman opened fire on his home. The boy is in the hospital and in good condition, according to ABC-7.

The current total of ten fatalities may increase, as several critically-injured shooting victims remain hospitalized.
Posted By: majekman

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:53 PM

Animals
Posted By: 603Country

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:54 PM

I wonder what the ongoing Chicago shooting demographics are. I think I already know, but it will never be aired by the media.
Posted By: pnh

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 05:55 PM

The lack of parenting is the main problem in our society.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 06:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 06:09 PM

Damn shame. 4th of July parade in a small town. Shooter was on a rooftop and is in the wind.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 06:09 PM

Fox news just described the shooter as a White male between 18- 20 with dark hair and a slender build and shot from an elevated position.

Went to the US Census bureau and Highland Park, IL is White Alone 89.6% White Alone not Hispanic or Latino 84.7%

Crazy and tragic from all appearance looks like a nice little community.

Prayers up for all angel
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 06:28 PM

Meanwhile in Texas, three Haltom City officers were wounded in an ambush.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 06:48 PM

He abandoned his rifle which tells me he wanted to blend in and escape. Not the typical suicide/homicidal type who are involved in these types of shootings. Hopefully they get a break and catch him soon.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 07:38 PM

Reports are the ATF is urgently tracking the rifle’s history, given it wasn’t a ghost gun.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 08:22 PM

So if no one really saw the shooter and he/she walked away unnoticed, how do they have a description of white male 18-20 years old? Reporting on this is confusing.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 08:31 PM

I would suspect the rifle was found on a building, and they have some rough surveillance video from that building or an adjacent building.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
So if no one really saw the shooter and he/she walked away unnoticed, how do they have a description of white male 18-20 years old? Reporting on this is confusing.

Who said nobody saw the shooter? Just because someone saw him on a rooftop mowing people down doesn’t mean that same person would see him as he left in a crowd.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 08:35 PM

They say there are a whole bunch of cameras in the area they are and will be sifting through.
Posted By: P_102

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 09:16 PM

Possible slip up?…..News anchor just a couple minutes ago was giving the shooter description again but this time said “18 years old” instead of the 18-20 they’ve used all day.
Posted By: Remo

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I wonder what the ongoing Chicago shooting demographics are. I think I already know, but it will never be aired by the media.

Here's the easiest tracking site for Chicago/area: Chicago Gun Violence Site "Hey *******"
It's pretty astonishing, and the site takes a very visual (but irreverent) take.
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:32 PM

This is is suspect POS

https://mobile.twitter.com/MostlyPeacefull/status/1544081171998556163/photo/1

My guess is we’re about to see the media bring out a huge rug.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:32 PM

Yeah, the person of interest is a true winner.

Link

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:35 PM

About what I expected…

[Linked Image]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:37 PM

I guarantee this dudes family knew immediately. Unless he killed them.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:47 PM

I guessing this is about Roe v Wade, when it is determined he is a left wing nut the media will start to ignore the incident.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Concho
I guessing this is about Roe v Wade, when it is determined he is a left wing nut the media will start to ignore the incident.

Or the epa ruling, or both.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:50 PM

I can’t believe he’s the sperm that won.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Or the epa ruling, or both.

I think Biden has already been informed, only a passing mention in his in-person statement. In other news we have a blow hard Illinois Governor already making a public statement about gun control and banning semi-automatic weapons.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
About what I expected…

[Linked Image]

And yet people are supposed to believe the best way to reduce gun violence is to take guns away from decent-looking folk so misfits like him won't be able to get them.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 10:58 PM

Really, TD, “decent looking” is a player in who should or should not have firearms? Send us a pic, we’ll decide if you should be armed or not.
Posted By: pnh

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:01 PM

I'd be willing to bet that everybody on here looks better than that pos!
Posted By: bagster

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:05 PM

About what I expected…

[Linked Image]

Fine looking specimen.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:06 PM

You misspelled "Idiot".....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by pnh
I'd be willing to bet that everybody on here looks better than that pos!

So another guilty verdict based on appearance……whodathunkit.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:12 PM

Left is desperately trying to tie him to maga. Not that it matters, he’s crazy. But looks a lot more like antifa type of guy.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:18 PM

sad deal, need to put him in a helo over international waters and water board the [censored] out if him

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Left is desperately trying to tie him to maga. Not that it matters, he’s crazy. But looks a lot more like antifa type of guy.

Now way that do is a Republican

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H43gD3YdkfI
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:50 PM

Let me guess, the fbi was aware of him beforehand rolleyes
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:56 PM

WTF. Wonder if he posted that right before the shooting.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
Let me guess, the fbi was aware of him beforehand rolleyes

x2 SMDH....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/04/22 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan

WTF. Wonder if he posted that right before the shooting.

Apparently so.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:03 AM

Interesting proposal Bobo and I agree…..I’m about 1/2 convinced he was set up. Weirdo from the neighborhood is just too easy. Especially since the artsy/fartsy crowd is normally anti gun…and the media reports on how the fbi, etc. we’re following the guns history… it just seems too choreographed for the public.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:07 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Giblett

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:18 AM

Im saying the CIA has perfected the mind control drugs and use it as needed.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:19 AM

He is in Custody!
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:31 AM

Bizarre video. I'm sure YouTube will censor it shortly.
Posted By: hetman

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:39 AM

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:42 AM

Same video.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:44 AM

Enough said,,, [Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:48 AM

The video in the original link was an hour old. I have a hard time believing he posted it after he did this and then went on a car ride and got caught. Or maybe posted it while he was driving?

Maybe there are more people involved.

What is the significance of that symbol circling in the middle the whole time? I am not keyed up on my symbology.

Also, listening to the video if the actual shooting, it sounds like a bump stock type of shooting. Very regular shots, too regular to be finger pulls but not fast enough for full auto like the haltom city shooting was. Could have been one of those trigger systems that shoots on the pull and release, but again, it was a little too regular for finger pulls.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:53 AM

Probably just misunderstood.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 12:55 AM

I was hoping they would shoot him 61 times.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 01:24 AM

Good job North Chicago PD. Fox reported a NCPD street cop spotted his vehicle, confirmed the plate and chased him down.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 01:33 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 01:36 AM

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:07 AM

I've been out of pocket all afternoon/evening and come home to this. No way this wasn't planned. Too damn convenient just to be a nut job. Just watched the video and heard the shooting. That had to be an altered gun. Still a long ways to the mid-terms.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 03:17 AM

That was a slower rate of fire than an AR being bump fired with a rubber band.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 03:37 AM

6th floor ??? confused2
Posted By: nsmike

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:10 AM

Any bets that the MSM covers up the Antifa and Anarchist links? Is there any special meaning to the 47 tattoo?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by nsmike
Any bets that the MSM covers up the Antifa and Anarchist links? Is there any special meaning to the 47 tattoo?

Every time I’ve seen it, which was hundreds of times, it was referring to an AK-47. He’s so crazy though who knows what it means to him.
Posted By: splash556

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Bizarre video. I'm sure YouTube will censor it shortly.

Already done. Couldn't watch it this morning.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 09:07 AM

The FBI is a joke...

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
The FBI is a joke...

[Linked Image]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 01:56 PM

So now they're showing him dressed as Waldo at a Trump rally and pics of him draped in Trump flags. Maybe Liz will invite him to the Jan 6 hearings. What a setup.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:00 PM

I haven’t hear any reports as of yet at to the type of weapon that was used just that it was supposedly high power. However, I did see an interview this morning with the mayor of Highland Park, IL and she stated that she was told that the weapon was bought legally. This was after she was asked about a ordnance that she signed outlawing “assault weapons” in 2013. She didn’t want to talk about that.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lakhota
I haven’t hear any reports as of yet at to the type of weapon that was used just that it was supposedly high power. However, I did see an interview this morning with the mayor of Highland Park, IL and she stated that she was told that the weapon was bought legally. This was after she was asked about a ordnance that she signed outlawing “assault weapons” in 2013. She didn’t want to talk about that.

It's interesting just how careful they're being on the gun. If it wasn't an AR, then what? Maybe a mini-ranch?
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Reports are the ATF is urgently tracking the rifle’s history, given it wasn’t a ghost gun.

How do you track a gun? I was told many times that they would have to go through paperwork once they figured out where the gun came from and dig up old purchases and that there was no digital record of serial numbers attached to a buyer. Maybe that isn't true but that is what a gun dealer told me and was in an article on line about gun purchases.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:32 PM

It will be interesting (I guess) to see what possible 'motives' this shooter had, if investigators are able to get him to talk.

No doubt there will be background info forthcoming.

But as soon as I heard of this incident and before seeing photos or hearing any other information, I told my wife, "you watch, this will be yet another....Misfit, Outcast, Freaky little Bastard".

I'd wager...no lack of warning signs.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

How do you track a gun? I was told many times that they would have to go through paperwork once they figured out where the gun came from and dig up old purchases and that there was no digital record of serial numbers attached to a buyer. Maybe that isn't true but that is what a gun dealer told me and was in an article on line about gun purchases.

I’m fairly certain a gun can be tracked from the manufacturer to the original purchaser.

Serial # to manufacturer

# shipped to FFL holder per manufacturer. This may include several dealers. Wholesale/retail

FFL holder has to record all sales with # attached including purchasers ID.

After that it’s anyones guess.

You can’t reasonably track a person to a gun without auditing every FFL holders paperwork.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:51 PM

It's interesting just how careful they're being on the gun. If it wasn't an AR, then what? Maybe a mini-ranch?

I wouldn't consider either of those "high power".

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 02:57 PM

What I found interesting out of all this is how quickly the LEOs had the name and person of interest info out. I guess it would be from the cars license plate.

Lets hope this guy wasn't on every radar and overlooked, ignored, or just plain allowed to happen.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

In most cases, a firearm can be tracked by the serial number starting with the manufacturer then to wholesaler, retailer (the form 4473 should be on file here) and original end user. I had a few phone calls from the National Tracing Center when I had my FFL.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
What I found interesting out of all this is how quickly the LEOs had the name and person of interest info out. I guess it would be from the cars license plate.

Lets hope this guy wasn't on every radar and overlooked, ignored, or just plain allowed to happen.

The current mayor was his Cub Scout leader and he was well known in the town. I’m sure his odd looks made it easier to ID him no matter if it was from a witness or from video.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:12 PM

Just like most of the others, it's come out he was 'known to law enforcement'. SMDH.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Just like most of the others, it's come out he was 'known to law enforcement'. SMDH.

That's a BS catch phrase the media likes to throw around. Known for what? Making violent videos? Try incarcerating someone for making a violent video and let me know it works for you.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:40 PM

Just released during the press conference he is 21 YOA not 23, he was in women’s clothing when he did the shooting they believe so he could blend in with the crowd to get away, that this was premeditated and planned by him for a couple of weeks, and that he shot a round 60 rounds. Still no mention of what type of weapon was used.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:56 PM

That's a BS catch phrase the media likes to throw around. Known for what? Making violent videos? Try incarcerating someone for making a violent video and let me know it works for you.

I'm sure he was probably known by local police, local teachers, social workers.....there isn't a thing police can do about nuts running around in the neighborhood without them being an immediate threat, you can place most of this blame on congress and laws that prohibit anyone sharing information about nuts, this is what I have been saying and condemned on for years, we don't need gun control, we need nut control, but many have this paranoid belief that the government would use the information without merit.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:58 PM

Just released during the press conference he is 21 YOA not 23, he was in women’s clothing when he did the shooting they believe so he could blend in with the crowd to get away, that this was premeditated and planned by him for a couple of weeks, and that he shot a round 60 rounds. Still no mention of what type of weapon was used.

High powered rifle similar to an AR-15. He had another different rifle in the car and more pistols at his residence.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 04:58 PM

Assistant Chief said it was an AR type weapon, whatever that means.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:01 PM

Why the very careful phrasing of the type of weapon used...something's up!

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:05 PM

probably a mini 14.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:06 PM

There ain't nothing up. Some crazy kid/punk did what was wrong. People on here saying guns should be held back because of someone's looks is just plain ol', ridiculously wrong.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:08 PM

probably a mini 14.

That's what I am thinking. Still...why not just disclose it?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:09 PM

It could be a pump rifle from that vague description, after the governor made demands for gun control they are probably concerned about destroying his little agenda. I think I heard, but couldn't confirm that the Assistant Chief confirmed Highland Park has an assault weapons ban, whatever that is.

Edited to State: Yes, they have a city ordinance against assault weapons, whatever those are.....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
There ain't nothing up. Some crazy kid/punk did what was wrong. People on here saying guns should be held back because of someone's looks is just plain ol', ridiculously wrong.

Well, I can agree with that, I ain't pretty and I carried one everyday for 45 years.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:11 PM

I'm sure he was probably known by local police, local teachers, social workers.....there isn't a thing police can do about nuts running around in the neighborhood without them being an immediate threat, you can place most of this blame on congress and laws that prohibit anyone sharing information about nuts, this is what I have been saying and condemned on for years, we don't need gun control, we need nut control, but many have this paranoid belief that the government would use the information without merit.

Stick him in jail, Red Flag him and seize his firearms because he made violent videos and the patriots on here would be squealing about his 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendment rights being violated. Some folks on here just don't understand how any of this works. It's so much easier to just blame the police.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:13 PM

I'm sure he was probably known by local police, local teachers, social workers.....there isn't a thing police can do about nuts running around in the neighborhood without them being an immediate threat, you can place most of this blame on congress and laws that prohibit anyone sharing information about nuts, this is what I have been saying and condemned on for years, we don't need gun control, we need nut control, but many have this paranoid belief that the government would use the information without merit.[/quote]

Stick him in jail, Red Flag him and seize his firearms because he made violent videos and the patriots on here would be squealing about his 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendment rights being violated. Some folks on here just don't understand how any of this works. It's so much easier to just blame the police.
[/quote]

Yes, sir......there is a bunch not understood on here about the duties and limitations of law enforcement.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 05:18 PM

That's what I am thinking. Still...why not just disclose it?

because it's not considered an assault weapon and was legal in Ill. it doesn't fit the narrative.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 06:19 PM

Most likely because the eTrace isn’t done yet. No reason to put the information out there in case it wasn’t obtained legally.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 06:26 PM

Most likely because the eTrace isn’t done yet. No reason to put the information out there in case it wasn’t obtained legally.

They already said all the guns were legally purchased.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 06:34 PM

Yep, saying passed background check and 72 waiting period......you CANNOT stop evil by taking rights away from law abiding/stable citizens.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 07:44 PM

I have a pretty good handle on how it works, and in no way am I blaming the authorities-just saying this guy was known to be on a bad path but so far had nothing that would stick. The only people I would blame on something like this would be his parents-they're the only people with any legal authority (and that stopped three years ago).

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 07:51 PM

parent(s) of crimo a problem

I know this is just one person's opinion/factual represenation of something that happpened over a decade ago, but the last couple lines of the article are telling. Sounds like the mom is a problem. Neighbors say the house the family owns is a hot mess, grass/weeds feet tall, needs condemned. Meanwhile, dad and little brother are living with uncle in another town.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 08:54 PM

Yep, saying passed background check and 72 waiting period......you CANNOT stop evil by taking rights away from law abiding/stable citizens.

Well, finally something we agree on.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 09:19 PM

No mental health care in this country. Systems for dealing with the mentally ill are no longer used to protect the public.
Politicians take the easy route, they blame the guns (agenda).

No easy answer or solution. These incidents will continue.

Carry your weapon and I don't mean in the car.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 09:21 PM

It was an AR-15. Highland Park has had an ordinance banning semi-automatic rifles, including AR-15s and AK-47s, since 2013.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7...ourth-july-parade-gun-robert-crimo-rifle

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 09:43 PM

It was an AR-15. Highland Park has had an ordinance banning semi-automatic rifles, including AR-15s and AK-47s, since 2013.

Yeah, if they admit their own rules and laws didn't take away the ability to commit this crime, how are they going to truthfully make the case for more law to prevent future tragedy like this?

At some point, the libs will have to realize they can not legislate away evil. I fear the only thing that will bring that light to their eyes is the appearance of the devil himself as he laughs away, and then they will turn around and see horns on half their fellow libs and realize they been duped.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 10:15 PM

Yeah, if they admit their own rules and laws didn't take away the ability to commit this crime, how are they going to truthfully make the case for more law to prevent future tragedy like this?

At some point, the libs will have to realize they can not legislate away evil. I fear the only thing that will bring that light to their eyes is the appearance of the devil himself as he laughs away, and then they will turn around and see horns on half their fellow libs and realize they been duped.

They just blame surrounding states.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 10:21 PM

The bigger question is what to do with people if and when you catch them before they commit such acts? There was a time when the military was good at breaking people down to where they could be built back up to become better and stronger citizens. In fact, judges were once known for giving young people who committed crimes the option of jail or the military.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 10:41 PM

cheers

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 10:48 PM

The bigger question is what to do with people if and when you catch them before they commit such acts? There was a time when the military was good at breaking people down to where they could be built back up to become better and stronger citizens. In fact, judges were once known for giving young people who committed crimes the option of jail or the military.

Its no miracle cure. You can't fix stupid.
Posted By: 68A

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 10:58 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-park-july-4-shooting-suspect-two-prior-incidents

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:10 PM

Of course he did, everyone in the loop knows who these nuts are, we are just forbidden to share the information.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:17 PM

But...I thought we're supposed to "celebrate" little dweebs that look like that?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:20 PM

This is all about that liberal garbage of prohibiting the sharing of information on nuts and dangerous people in our society…..this guy should not have been out in public.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:20 PM

Being adjudicated as mentally defective means commitment. That’s quite a legal burden. I had a judge order me to give a guy his gun back after he blew a hole in his head with it in a suicide attempt. He was all bandaged up in court while his lawyer argued about the 2nd amendment.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:25 PM

Being adjudicated as mentally defective means commitment. That’s quite a legal burden. I had a judge order me to give a guy his gun back after he blew a hole in his head with it in a suicide attempt. He was all bandaged up in court while his lawyer argued about the 2nd amendment.

At least that dumbazz only shot himself.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:27 PM

First impressions are right more often than they are wrong. I already know my point of view no longer is popular. Attending high school in the ‘70’s most were still two parent homes. Most mothers were atill home makers. Kids growing up got more supervision and parenting. Parents were involved in most everything their kids did. If they stepped out of line they got a knot jerked in their tail. Deviants and freaks were labeled. Being one of them was not acceptable by society. There was actually a term for kids that came home to an empty house because that was an anomaly. They were called “latch key kids”. Young people today don’t even know what that is. Shortly after that, American society changed. Both parents in most homes now usually work if there are two parents in the home. More than 50% of marriages end up in divorce. Mothers that are home makers are an anomaly. Kids left by themselves after school without supervision till the parents get home from work is normal. Reading comments on THF with the expectation of schools to raise their kids and shape their moral and political views is fairly common because many parents no longer prioritize doing it. About the time the first generation of those children were becoming young adults is when this crap started to take off. Noticing or pointing out freaks and shunning deviants is not politically correct today. It is referred to as labeling and viewed as unacceptable. It used to be simply calling it like it is. I look at the shooter and my impression is “freak”. His parents failed him by not nipping that freak crap in the bud when he was growing up. The answer is not gun control. Americans have been gun owners as long as we have been a country. The answer is to lose the fear to establish a clear picture of what is acceptable and not acceptable and that happens first and foremost at the family unit level. From there it bleeds into society. Back in the day if you were a freak people did not want you to work for them or be associated with them and they self eliminated. Today equal opportunity puts them in the work place and inclusiveness mainstreams the freaks and makes good and wholesomeness bad if they call out the freaks. Are too many too far down that path now to turn it around? Attaching a stigma to freaks works for everyone but the freaks and has for centuries…. I’m more in favor of profiling like we did in the past. Trying to fix and make excuses for the ef’ed up freaks and deviants is not working.

God help the victims and the families of the victims of the senseless acts of yet another freak today’s society and political correctness has spawned.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/05/22 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
First impressions are right more often than they are wrong. I already know my point of view no longer is popular. Attending high school in the ‘70’s most were still two parent homes. Most mothers were atill home makers. Kids growing up got more supervision and parenting. Parents were involved in most everything their kids did. If they stepped out of line they got a knot jerked in their tail. Deviants and freaks were labeled. Being one of them was not acceptable by society. There was actually a term for kids that came home to an empty house because that was an anomaly. They were called “latch key kids”. Young people today don’t even know what that is. Shortly after that, American society changed. Both parents in most homes now usually work if there are two parents in the home. More than 50% of marriages end up in divorce. Mothers that are home makers are an anomaly. Kids left by themselves after school without supervision till the parents get home from work is normal. Reading comments on THF with the expectation of schools to raise their kids and shape their moral and political views is fairly common because many parents no longer prioritize doing it. About the time the first generation of those children were becoming young adults is when this crap started to take off. Noticing or pointing out freaks and shunning deviants is not politically correct today. It is referred to as labeling and viewed as unacceptable. It used to be simply calling it like it is. I look at the shooter and my impression is “freak”. His parents failed him by not nipping that freak crap in the bud when he was growing up. The answer is not gun control. Americans have been gun owners as long as we have been a country. The answer is to lose the fear to establish a clear picture of what is acceptable and not acceptable and that happens first and foremost at the family unit level. From there it bleeds into society. Back in the day if you were a freak people did not want you to work for them or be associated with them and they self eliminated. Today equal opportunity puts them in the work place and inclusiveness mainstreams the freaks and makes good and wholesomeness bad if they call out the freaks. Are too many too far down that path now to turn it around? Attaching a stigma to freaks works for everyone but the freaks and has for centuries…. I’m more in favor of profiling like we did in the past. Trying to fix and make excuses for the ef’ed up freaks and deviants is not working.

God help the victims and the families of the victims of the senseless acts of yet another freak today’s society and political correctness has spawned.

Totally agree.

ETA: I don’t remember the kind of freaks running around when I was growing up that we have today, I was probably considered a freak by some because of the way I dressed back then, I played in heavy metal and rock bands so I guess I probably looked freakish to people, none of my hunting buddies ever said anything to me though LOL.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 12:35 AM

Looks like he was also sizing up a local synagogue

https://forward.com/news/508979/hig...chabad-this-year-synagogue-crimo-july-4/

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by jeh7mmmag

Yep, but he saw they were armed.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
The FBI is a joke...

[Linked Image]

Not going to change my mind. They have the tools and knew this kid from his online presence.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/05/1109...tory-reveals-a-fascination-with-violence

I have turned someone into the FBI. Took them 6 months to take action while he continued to bilk millions from investors. Ended up getting 20 years in the pen but not before ruining countless lives in that 6 months before they could put a lock down on him.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 02:41 AM

Same World and time I grew up in and I still call them Freaks (political correctness be damned)! You are exactly right, there was a time when there were social 'norms' and if you chose to live outside of those norms.....it could be damn tough on you. Mostly it was self correcting.

Then came the advent of "Everything is OK, its just different". No such thing as 'normal'. Well.....bullsh@t to that. An idea fostered by Liberals.

Way too many creepy, little misfits out there today. All of them with their tiny little feelings hurt over one thing or another.

IF they'd had their asses kicked up around their ears by a parent that cared....we'd have a lot fewer of them IMO. Instead we have parents (IF the two are still together) that don't know what their kids are doing, or want to be their Child's 'friend'. Not all of them of course, but way too many.

Then every once in a while you just see a 'bad seed' spawned. Despite the parents best efforts you get a kid that is wired wrong. But these usually stand out like a 'diamond in a goats a$$' to everyone, once they reach their teen years. So keep an eye on those.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 03:42 AM

Yes, there are no more broken homes but only "single parent families." Dope heads have been replaced with those who are "chemically dependent", and sluts have been replaced with girls who have become "sexually active".

Simply put, the fear of shame has disappeared in our society and is no longer a driver of behavior for both kids and adults. In fact, the same behavior that would have been shameful in the past will now get you a huge book deal.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 04:02 AM

My thoughts exactly.

My wife and I were having a talk about this subject not too long ago when discussing our son growing up into a teen. She (like most suburban women), is a go-along-to-get-along type that can’t stand having someone upset with her. I told her that there won’t be any weird hair, clothes, or “music”, but she responded with letting him be expressive. I still responded with a hard no. I probably won’t be this strict, but my dad use to make us boys change our shirts if he caught us wearing a white undershirt and asked why we liked wearing our underwear out in public.

My unpopular opinion is just about every one of these shooters looks like a weirdo and this whole “don’t judge a book by it’s cover” is mostly crap. It’s been abused into never calling out the obvious.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 05:07 AM

The message here is that unless the person is an immediate threat to themselves or others, nothing can be done except talk with him and promptly get told to piss off. If making violent videos/movies was illegal, there wouldn't be many movies, including westerns, left.

If law enforcement had kicked down his door and seized his guns based on videos not even directed at anyone or any place specific, people would be calling him a victim of civil rights violations. The constitution and it's amendments prevent it. Sometimes law enforcement catches a break and someone comes forward with fresh specific information about what these folks are about to do and an arrest/seizure can be made. That didn't happen here. There are way too many of these folks to be followed 24/7. It's impossible.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 05:16 AM

The message here is that unless the person is an immediate threat to themselves or others, nothing can be done except talk with him and promptly get told to piss off. If making violent videos/movies was illegal, there wouldn't be many movies, including westerns, left.

If law enforcement had kicked down his door and seized his guns based on videos not even directed at anyone or any place specific, people would be calling him a victim of civil rights violations. The constitution and it's amendments prevent it. Sometimes law enforcement catches a break and someone comes forward with fresh specific information about what these folks are about to do and an arrest/seizure can be made. That didn't happen here. There are way too many of these folks to be followed 24/7. It's impossible.

Nobody is bashing cops here. I agree and I think we all know the root of the problem but you do not want to say it and I get that. .gov failed us yet again to save people and that is the message we should be sending. Not hate for LEO.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 05:42 AM

It’s a no win situation, crazy people are simply going to do crazy things at the expense of the general population.The entire system has been breeding these retards for way to long at this point to correct it.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Nobody is bashing cops here. I agree and I think we all know the root of the problem but you do not want to say it and I get that. .gov failed us yet again to save people and that is the message we should be sending. Not hate for LEO.

You absolutely won’t see me bashing the PoPo, unless it’s obvious they were in the wrong.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 12:15 PM

The man accused of shooting dozens of people at a parade in Illinois on Independence Day was able to purchase the firearms used in the attack because his father co-signed his Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which gun owners must have in that state.

and there you have it folks.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 12:32 PM

The man accused of shooting dozens of people at a parade in Illinois on Independence Day was able to purchase the firearms used in the attack because his father co-signed his Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which gun owners must have in that state.

Parents and ISP might have to answer some questions. Especially since he had issues in 2019 with some knives and threatening to kill people.

Threatened to kill everyone

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 01:48 PM

Parents and ISP might have to answer some questions. Especially since he had issues in 2019 with some knives and threatening to kill people.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It is absolutely crazy that his dad would co-sign his FOID after the knife episode mentioned above bang

Maybe his father should be held liable for aiding and abetting or?
Posted By: leswad

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 01:52 PM

Sounded like the deep state asset was using a .308 or 762x39 to me.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 05:46 PM

Very sad...

Boy Orphaned
Posted By: Chubbyfarts

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 06:13 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The paperwork that needed to be signed is a violation of the Constitution and won't hold up court.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 08:23 PM

He told the investigators he was looking for another target when the officers stopped him.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 08:26 PM

He told the investigators he was looking for another target when the officers stopped him.

And in the end the coward just gave himself up. He confessed. Too bad he can't get the death penalty.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 08:29 PM

The FOID is simply another way to tax people. 25 years ago there was a crazy named Lori Dann who applied for and received a FOID card who clearly shouldn't have received one before she shot people. The scandal revealed that no back ground check was done. In this case it sounds like Dad took on the responsibility. I wonder if the State will go after him for signing the FOID?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 08:41 PM

[quote=Whammer7]The FOID is simply another way to tax people./quote]

This ^. Several years ago I was working a long term project in Illinois and I applied for and received their goofy FOID card. I think I still have it someplace. You cannot handle a gun in a gun shop unless you have a FOID card.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 08:48 PM

You need the FOID to handle a gun, buy a gun or buy ammo in IL
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:01 PM

The blame should be put on government for creating the HIPPA laws. Not making mental issues public and available to LE agencies is making this issue impossible to stop.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
The blame should be put on government for creating the HIPPA laws. Not making mental issues public and available to LE agencies is making this issue impossible to stop.

So your saying they should have access to everyone’s medical files? Hell to the no on that one buddy…. You need to think that one through a little more,, I’ve never done a dang thing and nobody should have access to anything of mine for any reason. The world raising freaking pink haired retards isn’t my problem and Im not loosing my privacy nor my rights over it.
Posted By: maximum

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:17 PM

No
The blame is on the shooter's back, and his enabling excuse making family

Schools can't punish unruly kids
Courts can't punish criminals and thugs
The public in general doesn't want harsh punishments

Can't have everything both ways

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

So your saying they should have access to everyone’s medical files? Hell to the no on that one buddy…. You need to think that one through a little more,, I’ve never done a dang thing and nobody should have access to anything of mine for any reason. The world raising freaking pink haired retards isn’t my problem and Im not loosing my privacy nor my rights over it.

The mental part should be made accessible for background check. It wouldn’t catch them all, but hopefully a few.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:47 PM

The mental part should be made accessible for background check. It wouldn’t catch them all, but hopefully a few.

I don't know, but I think it would be hard to just release the "mental" part. Plus govt agencies haven't done real well at protecting personal information.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:52 PM

Thread carefully men, some of you are making cases for Redflag laws

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:55 PM

I don't know, but I think it would be hard to just release the "mental" part. Plus govt agencies haven't done real well at protecting personal information.

Jimbo nailed that one. Plus it leaves for a lot of interpretation by people you probably don’t want interpreting

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Dan bongino had a spot on take on them today. Ask yourself, do you trust your government?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:26 PM

Exactly my point, when you don’t have to earn a right you have zero respect for it. Every Barney Fife in the country would be looking up info on people he has no reason to and everyone’s info could be shotgunned “Accidentally” onto the web.

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could toss them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:29 PM

Exactly my point, when you don’t have to earn a right you have zero respect for it. Every Barney Fife in the country would be looking up info on people he has no reason to and everyone’s info could be shotgunned “Accidentally” onto the web.

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could trust them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop. [/quote]

Barney Fife, er, police officers usually have to ask permission from a supervisor to access NCIC information, and they need a legit reason. "Rent-a-Cop" who would that be? Security Guards don't have access, so I assume you are referring to local police, if so shame on you and your kind.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:29 PM

People who are adjudicated as mentally defective have that record entered into their NCIC criminal history. They will be denied a firearm by the NIC operator who runs them. I’m all for this because I know how this system works and I know the legal burden of being adjudicated as MD. Millions of people, including many of our veterans, have had issues where they received counseling from mental health professionals and they recovered to lead productive lives. These records are not included in their criminal histories because the US congress decided so.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:38 PM

When I was an adjudicator, we had to get the DR to sign a release before releasing any info to us and many times they refused so we just didn't get the records. I've read some serious crazy stuff.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:40 PM

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could trust them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop.

Barney Fife, er, police officers usually have to ask permission from a supervisor to access NCIC information, and they need a legit reason. "Rent-a-Cop" who would that be? Security Guards don't have access, so I assume you are referring to local police, if so shame on you and your kind.[/quote]

I’m not referring to local police, it was a blanketed statement meaning where does it end and I love your “Usually” comment. You made my point for me… . I don’t give a chit about NCIC or the use thr of. Give somebody an inch and they end up taking 47 miles and screwing your pet goat when your at work so the highest ranking cop in the US doesn’t need access to a flipping thing outside his pay grade..
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:45 PM

Our government is a Donkey Ball POS I wouldn’t trust any farther than I could trust them with a pencil much less any personal info of mine simply at thr fingertips… I’m sure all the alphabet letter guys have access to it anyway but not every rent a cop.

Barney Fife, er, police officers usually have to ask permission from a supervisor to access NCIC information, and they need a legit reason. "Rent-a-Cop" who would that be? Security Guards don't have access, so I assume you are referring to local police, if so shame on you and your kind.

I’m not referring to local police, it was a blanketed statement meaning where does it end and I love your “Usually” comment. You made my point for me… . I don’t give a chit about NCIC or the use thr of. Give somebody an inch and they end up taking 47 miles and screwing your pet goat when your at work so the highest ranking cop in the US doesn’t need access to a flipping thing outside his pay grade.. [/quote]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:46 PM

You screw my goat, and you have crossed the line.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:48 PM

Dan bongino had a spot on take on them today. Ask yourself, do you trust your government?

I havent seen his take but I’m sure it mirrors mine. It’s pandora box that we don’t want opened, because the insane will absolutely use it to do their bidding

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 10:53 PM

I’m not referring to local police, it was a blanketed statement meaning where does it end and I love your “Usually” comment. You made my point for me… . I don’t give a chit about NCIC or the use thr of. Give somebody an inch and they end up taking 47 miles and screwing your pet goat when your at work so the highest ranking cop in the US doesn’t need access to a flipping thing outside his pay grade.. [/quote]

You seem like an extremely angry guy about something, I'm not sure what the government has done to you or you believe has been done to you, but most police don't give a rat's behind about your personal information. If you don't agree with taking guns away from nuts like the Highland Park, Illinois guy, we have nothing to talk about, because none of them need a gun, and the information should be available.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 11:03 PM

I’m not referring to local police, it was a blanketed statement meaning where does it end and I love your “Usually” comment. You made my point for me… . I don’t give a chit about NCIC or the use thr of. Give somebody an inch and they end up taking 47 miles and screwing your pet goat when your at work so the highest ranking cop in the US doesn’t need access to a flipping thing outside his pay grade..

You seem like an extremely angry guy about something, I'm not sure what the government has done to you or you believe has been done to you, but most police don't give a rat's behind about your personal information. If you don't agree with taking guns away from nuts like the Highland Park, Illinois guy, we have nothing to talk about, because none of them need a gun, and the information should be available. [/quote]

An angry guy, rofl You keep saying stupid crap like “Usually” and “Most” yet I guess we’re just supposed to trust everyone to do the right thing? You need to stop while your ahead because your not helping your cause. Just a heads up my brothers been a cop for 25 years and my best friends a cop so I’m definitely not anti cop,, I’m anti loosing more rights for somebody else’s issues…

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 11:06 PM

You seem like an extremely angry guy about something, I'm not sure what the government has done to you or you believe has been done to you, but most police don't give a rat's behind about your personal information. If you don't agree with taking guns away from nuts like the Highland Park, Illinois guy, we have nothing to talk about, because none of them need a gun, and the information should be available. [/quote]

An angry guy, rofl You keep saying stupid crap like “Usually” and “Most” yet I guess we’re just supposed to trust everyone to do the right thing? You need to stop while your ahead because your not helping your cause. Just a heads up my brothers been a cop for 25 years and my best friends a cop so I’m definitely not anti cop,, I’m anti loosing more rights for somebody else’s issues… [/quote]

I'm not hurting my cause, because I don't have one.....I'll pray for your goat.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 11:13 PM

I'll pray for your goat.

Now that's a sig line.
up

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/06/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I'll pray for your goat.

Now that's a sig line.
up

I’ll take it!

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 12:19 AM

I havent seen his take but I’m sure it mirrors mine. It’s pandora box that we don’t want opened, because the insane will absolutely use it to do their bidding

Yep. How many lists do you want to be on?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 12:25 AM

CBS just released a pic of the second rifle that was in the car. Still no pics or mention of make/model of the 1st rifle.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 12:38 AM

CBS just released a pic of the second rifle that was in the car. Still no pics or mention of make/model of the 1st rifle.

The gun that was used to shoot dozens of people in Highland Park on the Fourth of July, killing seven, was a Smith & Wesson M&P15 semiautomatic rifle, which, according to the manufacturer, is an AR-15 style weapon whose initials stand for military and police.

A Lake County prosecutor identified the make and model of the firearm at a court hearing Wednesday for Robert E. Crimo III, 21, who was ordered held without bail on murder charges.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7...ic-rifle-fourth-july-parade-robert-crimo

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 12:40 AM

Considering this government can decide what a woman is. I’m not expecting anything meaningful to ever get done.

I saw New York wants 3 years of social media to get a permit.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 12:42 AM

The gun that was used to shoot dozens of people in Highland Park on the Fourth of July, killing seven, was a Smith & Wesson M&P15 semiautomatic rifle, which, according to the manufacturer, is an AR-15 style weapon whose initials stand for military and police.

A Lake County prosecutor identified the make and model of the firearm at a court hearing Wednesday for Robert E. Crimo III, 21, who was ordered held without bail on murder charges.

Thanks

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:04 AM

How could he have had an M&P 15? Arent those bad guns outlawed in that town? Since 2013?

You telling me your laws didn’t work?

Dont get me wrong, this is a tragedy and indont want to make light of the people hurt in this. But i do want to make light of all those calling for more gun laws and regs. Nothing short of banning every gun in the US and prohibiting gun sales would have stopped this. We can not legislate away evil.
Posted By: maximum

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:22 AM

There's not any kind of gun restrictions that will stop the shootings
Kid should have been in an old fashioned insane asylum, but
Instead the parents enabled him and made excuses for him,
probably because they were ashamed at having such an out
and out loony for a son and family member.
Lord help. Can't lose status and standing in the community,
not with a pinhead loony in the family

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Whammer7
. In this case it sounds like Dad took on the responsibility. I wonder if the State will go after him for signing the FOID?

We will see. Parents are Lawyer'd up......so they are certainly expecting something.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
. In this case it sounds like Dad took on the responsibility. I wonder if the State will go after him for signing the FOID?

We will see. Parents are Lawyer'd up......so they are certainly expecting something.

That should not be a thing and that kids juvi records should have been checked before they signed off on the sale. JMO...

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 01:33 PM

How could he have had an M&P 15? Arent those bad guns outlawed in that town? Since 2013?

You telling me your laws didn’t work?

Dont get me wrong, this is a tragedy and indont want to make light of the people hurt in this. But i do want to make light of all those calling for more gun laws and regs. Nothing short of banning every gun in the US and prohibiting gun sales would have stopped this. We can not legislate away evil.

The red flag laws didn't work because his family refused to prosecute him, that doesn't necessarily work in Texas, and it may well be a poor legal argument in Illinois. You are correct in saying we cannot legislate evil. This shooters dad apparently facilitated the gun card issue.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 01:40 PM

That should not be a thing and that kids juvi records should have been checked before they signed off on the sale. JMO...

You don't get a juvenile record if the victims (Family) refuse to prosecute.....are you saying all police records should be supplied to the background system? How far do we go? I'm just asking because I don't believe we stop this type behavior until we get back to God and parent become involved, responsible, and stop the enabling.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:17 PM

This shooters dad apparently facilitated the gun card issue.

Dad's who were willing to put the fear of God in the minds of their sons were more the norm when I was a kid. Not so common these days. Just part of the wimpification of the American male.
Posted By: killemall

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:35 PM

You don't get a juvenile record if the victims (Family) refuse to prosecute.....are you saying all police records should be supplied to the background system? How far do we go? I'm just asking because I don't believe we stop this type behavior until we get back to God and parent become involved, responsible, and stop the enabling.

So your best idea is to pray the boogie man away. That's a good one.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:37 PM

Dad's who were willing to put the fear of God in the minds of their sons were more the norm when I was a kid. Not so common these days. Just part of the wimpification of the American male.

His dad said his son, the shooter, had "good" morals. bang
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:40 PM

Interesting, there is a discrepancy here. Apparently it wasn't one of those evil ARs used in the shooting, But a Kel-Tec 2000. Those come in 9mm (lung blower outers) or 40mm.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/highland-park-shooter-kel-tec-sub-2000-rifle/

Wish they would get stuff straight.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 03:41 PM

2beez advocating for more government oversite!

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 04:28 PM

Yes sir, the lack of father involvement is destroying this country.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder

Interesting, there is a discrepancy here. Apparently it wasn't one of those evil ARs used in the shooting, But a Kel-Tec 2000. Those come in 9mm (lung blower outers) or 40mm.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/highland-park-shooter-kel-tec-sub-2000-rifle/

Wish they would get stuff straight.

I believe that was the one found in the car.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 04:53 PM

.. [/quote]

[/quote]

So your best idea is to pray the boogie man away. That's a good one. [/quote]

It’s the best and only idea that will truly work. The boogie man is real, known as Satan and we are no match for him. Just read many of these threads. Man screws up everything. Man created this, but man cannot fix it.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 05:01 PM

Yes sir, the lack of father involvement is destroying this country.

If fatherly involvement is sponsoring his gun application after the kid has been suicidal and threaten to kill family, had all his weapons confiscated once then I would say a little less fatherly involvement would be an improvement

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 05:08 PM

So blame everything but the gun

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tail Shooter

Blame the little nut job, with a small dose of blame for his idiot dad for facilitating

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by killemall

Blame the little nut job, with a small dose of blame for his idiot dad for facilitating

I'd say his dad is equally culpable.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 05:12 PM

Was this the guns fault?
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by killemall

I'd say his dad is equally culpable.

I'll say this, if the dad didnt know what he was dealing with he is a moron.

Why blame the Gun, it is harmless without human involvement. It is an evil heart that kills, not guns, Oklahoma City guy didn't need a gun at all and look at his body count....Gun Control really means Human Control by the Government.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 07:29 PM

Yeah well, let's not give up our rights for the illusion of safety.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 07:41 PM

It's not just HIPAA as it also includes ethics in healthcare. A counselor or other provider can only disclose potentially volatile behavior under a set of narrow circumstances. We don't want to live in a society where everyone's medical records can be made public and assuredly used against them for nefarious reasons. Even if his parents were willing to do something about obvious mental illness in a juvenile, they can't just demand to see their child's records and get them to see what's going on.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line

Was this the guns fault?
[Linked Image]

Yes it killed that stag and is semi-automatic
Posted By: Sailor

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 08:15 PM

Was this the guns fault?
[Linked Image]

You sir.... are a complete idiot....
First of all. ..It kinda looks like a bolt action to me.. (bad pic) possibly..
The rifle did not kill the stag. The person firing the rifle, did the killing...
That stag could walk by that rifle, till the end of time and it would not fire..
Outside action is required... Now, leave the adults alone. And finish your Malt-O-Meal....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 08:31 PM

I think he was tongue in cheek

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 08:49 PM

Gun is just a tool. Someone has to pull the trigger. So no, DO NOT blame the gun.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 09:06 PM

Gun is just a tool. Someone has to pull the trigger. So no, DO NOT blame the gun.

It's a tool not everyone needs

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 09:12 PM

Was this the guns fault?
[Linked Image]

rofl

My money says he gets paid (who knows in what) to post here. roflmao Teenager in Europe, living in Mummy's basement.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 09:49 PM

Lucky for us, that isn't your decision and never will be, junior.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 09:50 PM

Was this the guns fault?
[Linked Image]

We have a comedian among us.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:00 PM

On a side note if limit clips to 5 bullets and make them harder to reload will lower the kill rate

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:06 PM

On a side note if limit clips to 5 bullets and make them harder to reload will lower the kill rate

Why is it any of your business what another man owns? I'm expecting a REAL answer here, not some left wing mumbo jumbo. By-the-Way, I only shoot 5 round magazines because I use my ARs for hunting.....so we limit our magazines to 5 rounds, and then what do you want us to surrender next week?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:11 PM

Looks like the rifle fell over and killed the stag.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:16 PM

Why is it any of your business what another man owns? I'm expecting a REAL answer here, not some left wing mumbo jumbo. By-the-Way, I only shoot 5 round magazines because I use my ARs for hunting.....so we limit our magazines to 5 rounds, and then what do you want us to surrender next week?

It's my business when you never know when an idiot alpha male with 30round clips going to start blowing me away

troll

Err . . . , I typically stock mine with 20 round clips when hunting.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:23 PM

It's my business when you never know when an idiot alpha male with 30round clips going to start blowing me away

No, it is NONE of your business, PERIOD!

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:23 PM

Stag….. that’s funny.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Err . . . , I typically stock mine with 20 round clips when hunting.

Well, at the risk of sounding like a "Smart Arse" again, I'm a pretty good shot and for the last several years have only used one shot for each hunting situation.....of course I'm about to take on some hogs who are destroying my property, so I may break out some of those black magazine that are so dangerous.

I edited because that sounded offensive to many of the left.....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 10:50 PM

Tell me you know nothing about guns without telling me you know nothing about guns.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 11:01 PM

Tell me you know nothing about guns without telling me you know nothing about guns.

Who TF is this guy?

Poop Shooter has to be a troll....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 11:09 PM

Jessie Watters is laying out just how nuts this guy was and how his parents allowed this nut to thrive.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 11:11 PM

Jessie Watters is laying out just how nuts this guy was and how his parents allowed this nut to thrive.

I saw that, the shooter was even more mentally ill than believed, and the father is either ignorant or in denial.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 11:12 PM

Or more likely the Stag ran into the rifle and killed himself.....

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/07/22 11:13 PM

Semi-automatic bolt action black assault rifle.....this just gets better all the time.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 12:28 AM

Semi-automatic bolt action black assault rifle.....this just gets better all the time.

With a clip.

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 12:46 AM

With a clip.

roflmao

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 01:03 AM

If the shooter confessed to the event...why is MSM still saying "alleged" shooter?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 04:51 PM

You do know you're on a hunting forum right?

I suspect your time with us will be short.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 05:26 PM

You've got to be kidding me. Poop Shooter, you don't have a clue.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 06:05 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 06:58 PM

You must be a liberal. Who even thinks like this?

Mods...the enemy is in the wire!!!! rifle
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 07:27 PM

Tail Shooter,
Where in the heck are you from and what are you doing here?

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 07:27 PM

TFF reject
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 07:57 PM

No, it is NONE of your business, PERIOD!

I believe when deer hunting in TEXAS, you are limited to a 5 round magazine.

STAG, funny

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 08:08 PM

Both of his parents are nut cases too. loco

https://www.foxnews.com/us/highland-park-fourth-july-suspect-boozy-parents-who-often-called-911-home

Highland Park Fourth of July suspect grew up with boozy parents who often called 911 to home: documents

Highland Park police documents reveal a tumultuous childhood home for suspected gunman Robert Crimo III, also known as 'Awake the Rapper'

The parents of Highland Park Fourth of July shooting suspect Robert "Bobby" Crimo III had a long list of encounters with law enforcement — involving many domestic disputes, bizarre complaints and allegations of other men pursuing the mother romantically, Illinois police records show.

Before their son was accused of opening fire on an Independence Day celebration Monday, killing at least seven and wounding dozens more, Highland Park police had 51 pages of incident reports related to their home.

The couple often traded barbs and called police on one another as their son was growing up, the documents show. Denise Pesina, his mother, told officers her husband "threatens to call police for any and every argument we get in. He wants the police to think I’m crazy."

There is a whole lot more to the article but you get the picture.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: July 4th parade shooting. - 07/08/22 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I believe when deer hunting in TEXAS, you are limited to a 5 round magazine.

STAG, funny

Buzz, check the rules for hunting deer in Texas. The following is a quote from this link: https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/general-regulations/means-and-methods

Magazine Capacity (number of shells/cartridges allowed): there are no restrictions on the number of shells or cartridges a legal firearm may hold when hunting game animals or game birds (except migratory game birds, see Legal Shotgun).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum