Texas Hunting Forum

Krazy Glue?

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 06:27 PM

Any one get that advertisement popup. I laughed. Anyone ever used a butterfly and super glue? Mom would peroxide, dry, then glue. I keep some in my truck to this day.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 07:01 PM

I didn't get the advertisement...but it pisses me off that mine is always dried by the time I get to use it bang
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
I didn't get the advertisement...but it pisses me off that mine is always dried by the time I get to use it bang

Gorilla super glue does not dry up. It is worth the extra 1-2 bucks (more of it to make up for the higher price).
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 07:57 PM

When was a glazer we kept some in the truck first aid box at all times.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 08:33 PM

This
Posted By: Judd

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

Gorilla super glue does not dry up. It is worth the extra 1-2 bucks (more of it to make up for the higher price).

The one I threw away last week was a Gorilla with the brush, it was thick enough I couldn't use it. But you're right, that stuff is better than the Krazy Glue and a little more expensive...but unfortunately not immune to the issue.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 09:23 PM

I been using the Gorilla Epoxy, works on just about anything, and no drying out problem..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cm250

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/27/22 10:49 PM

Fixed myself a few times using super glue and tape strips….. Have the scars to prove it….. bolt
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 02:30 AM

For those of you who picked up on what BOBO was saying, liquid bandaid is a much cheaper option that is essentially the same thing (cyanoacrylate) and works great. Takes a little bit longer to bond but the applicators in the bottle and ability to use it repeatedly make this a MUST have for anyone with either kids or clumsy hands/wives.

I used the heck out of liquid bandiad recently to allow a shark bite to heal on my non-dom ring finger. Couldn’t believe that little guy actually got me.

I believe the liquid bandaid is quite a bit cheaper than superglue. Generic at cvs/walgreens works just as good as any name brand
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 10:51 AM

This is why Judd doesn't like Krazy Glue.

[Linked Image]
roflmao
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
For those of you who picked up on what BOBO was saying, liquid bandaid is a much cheaper option that is essentially the same thing (cyanoacrylate) and works great. Takes a little bit longer to bond but the applicators in the bottle and ability to use it repeatedly make this a MUST have for anyone with either kids or clumsy hands/wives.

I used the heck out of liquid bandiad recently to allow a shark bite to heal on my non-dom ring finger. Couldn’t believe that little guy actually got me.

I believe the liquid bandaid is quite a bit cheaper than superglue. Generic at cvs/walgreens works just as good as any name brand

keep this at home and in my deer lease first aid kit. It's very handy and extremely easy to use. I use it often to keep small wounds clean.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 01:02 PM

I keep liquid bandaid in my first aid kit as well, mainly for duck hunting. Duck hunting many days in a row, your hands in the lake water all the time in the cold, tips of you fingers crack. Putting regular bandaid on it just makes it worse when it gets wet, but that liquid bandaid fills in the crack and keeps the water out.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 05:18 PM

Have never used it but plan on picking some up. Thanks Texas Buckeye!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Have never used it but plan on picking some up. Thanks Texas Buckeye!

X2. Thanks!
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by texasag93

Same with Loctite gel.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Any one get that advertisement popup. I laughed. Anyone ever used a butterfly and super glue? Mom would peroxide, dry, then glue. I keep some in my truck to this day.

nidea Maybe.... grin...you should superglue your rangefinder to your left wrist....that way you never loose and always know where it is... roflmao

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

nidea Maybe.... grin...you should superglue your rangefinder to your left wrist....that way you never loose and always know where it is... roflmao

Then I couldn’t hold my bow and range….. amateur
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/28/22 11:58 PM

nidea I was not worried about your actually using the rangefinder based on past experiences of having one but only in camp...amateur....just loosing it...again. You could just glue your rangefinder to your bow...that way if you loose your bow you loose the rangefinder also.

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 12:25 AM

nidea I was not worried about your actually using the rangefinder based on past experiences of having one but only in camp...amateur....just loosing it...again. You could just glue your rangefinder to your bow...that way if you loose your bow you loose the rangefinder also.

Illegal in most western states now thanks to garmin

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 12:27 AM

I just noticed my title change.. lol
Posted By: freerange

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 01:19 AM

Who changes the titles? I would think big deal should be capitalized.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by freerange

That was on purpose and we do not speak of him...

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

bee-dazzled roflmao

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

I use liquid bandaid at the coast when wade fishing, I’m sure it doesn’t save me from vibero but helps me sleep better. Ever since Sniper John beat vibero I’ve been over the top

Now I don’t think it LB works as good as superglue, but I probably shouldn’t argue with you on this one, out side SG sets faster which is why I probably like it better grin

With that said the last surgery I had Doc used mess and glue and it was less skin irritating need to get both glue and mess!!

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 02:54 AM

My sig got changed too and I just left it. It fits but that was atleast two years ago lol
Posted By: rickym

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 02:54 AM

Invest in colt.45 glue!!!

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by rickym

And I was just starting to like you Rick.

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 02:57 AM

My sig got changed too and I just left it. It fits but that was atleast two years ago lol

Lol, shows him much I pay attention. Hell no telling when my got changed.

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 03:09 AM

Lol, shows him much I pay attention. Hell no telling when my got changed.

It has been within the last week. I really do not pay close attention but you said something and I noticed it lol.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 03:17 AM

bee-dazzled roflmao

Not sure which is better. Every time a title is changed a mod gets his wings.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 03:53 AM

Now the only iMage i have of Big Deal (capitalized for you FR) is as a muppet with a rangefinder stuck to his wrist.

And Obi Juan is the one holding the muppet hand sticks as he throws Big Deal’s left hand out to point out that massive mulie only to see the glue fail and watch the range finder arcing away into the distance.

I can not get this picture out if my mind….
hammer
Posted By: rickym

Re: Krazy Glue? - 06/29/22 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by rickym

And I was just starting to like you Rick.

I’ll blame the Covid roflmao
Who cares!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum