Texas Hunting Forum

HAPPY JUNETEENTH!!

Posted By: JCB

HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 05:33 PM

Dad and I caught some fish yesterday and had our annual Juneteenth fish fry for lunch. Hope y’all enjoy this glorious holiday with your families!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 06:14 PM

Nice job and catching and cooking.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 06:54 PM

Looks great
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 07:14 PM

Damn, that fish looks tasty. Good job.
Posted By: Erny

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 07:46 PM

That’s some good looking fried fish!!!
Posted By: pdr55

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 08:43 PM

Bah humbug on the celebration, great looking fish though!
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 09:15 PM

That looks legit!
Posted By: rickym

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 09:40 PM

Congrats, mighty fine looking meal!
I see a few mistakes in the bottom! roflmao
Posted By: Catperch

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 10:22 PM

Good looking fish! Hope you let your dad eat the catfish since it's Father's Day!!!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 10:38 PM

happy father's day

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by rickym

Actually the Blue Cat was the mistake. The Sandbass were caught on purpose. We were graphing lots of fish in about 25' of water and couldnt get them to hit a jig. I figured they had to be Sandbass so I picked up a rod that had one of my hand made inlines on it and caught about 50 of them. After cleaning the fish it was clear the fish were not feeding at all yesterday. Not a single one of them had any noticeable shad or other bait inside of them.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Catperch
Good looking fish! Hope you let your dad eat the catfish since it's Father's Day!!!

All we cooked today was some Crappie. The Cat, Sandbass, and the rest of the Crappie went in the freezer. There was only 3 of us so no way we could eat 48 fish.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/19/22 10:44 PM

No watermelon? Pssssssh
Posted By: Stub

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/20/22 12:33 AM

JCB unless you are an African American then I do not understand the Happy Juneteenth celebration confused2

Nice mess of fish and Happy Fathers Day up

BTW in the traditional non biased or prejudice version of the United States of America we celebrate all legal American Citizens everyday flag
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/20/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by rickym

roflmao
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/20/22 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
happy father's day

^^^^^
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/20/22 02:19 PM

Nice looking mess o' fish!

As for the holiday, I can be happy for others' good fortune, Things don't always have to be only about me.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/20/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
JCB unless you are an African American then I do not understand the Happy Juneteenth celebration confused2

BTW in the traditional non biased or prejudice version of the United States of America we celebrate all legal American Citizens everyday flag

If I didnt know better I would have swore you just told me I was "to white" to celebrate Juneteenth.
roflmao

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/20/22 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
Originally Posted by Stub

If I didnt know better I would have swore you just told me I was "to white" to celebrate Juneteenth.
roflmao

that's right you Honkey Cracker looking Mutha Futrina rofl bolt
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 05:46 AM

Juneteenth is kind of a big deal. Im as sick of the race baiting and all the other crap in the media as anyone. But Juneteenth was a big step forward to keeping all those promises our forefathers made. Equality and freedom, all that American stuff smile The ones we never tried to make good on as a nation, towards black Americans until probably the 60’s.

Sorry I’m late to the party, Happy Juneteenth.
Posted By: Guy

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 01:03 PM

I had to work.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 01:48 PM

June 19th the anniversary of my first brain tumor operation. That’s one of the reasons I don’t celebrate it.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I had to work.

You could have identified yourself as a Black Man that day, in today society it should have gotten you the day off grin

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 03:21 PM

I don’t celebrate it either. I never have. I didn’t even know what it stood for, and rolled my eyes at everything about it until I googled it last night.

Apparently, nearly three years after slavery had been abolished, Texas slave owners still kept their slaves. In some other southern states as well. But on June 19, 1865 Texas slaves were guaranteed their freedom by the Union Army under General Gordon Granger? This is the gist of the things I have read.

It’s a day that deserves recognition and remembrance.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 03:39 PM

scratch

Originally Posted by Bryan C. Heimann
I don’t celebrate it either. I never have. I didn’t even know what it stood for, and rolled my eyes at everything about it until I googled it last night.

Apparently, nearly three years after slavery had been abolished, Texas slave owners still kept their slaves. In some other southern states as well. But on June 19, 1865 Texas slaves were guaranteed their freedom by the Union Army under General Gordon Granger? This is the gist of the things I have read.

It’s a day that deserves recognition and remembrance.

Juneteenth is kind of a big deal. Im as sick of the race baiting and all the other crap in the media as anyone. But Juneteenth was a big step forward to keeping all those promises our forefathers made. Equality and freedom, all that American stuff smile The ones we never tried to make good on as a nation, towards black Americans until probably the 60’s.

Sorry I’m late to the party, Happy Juneteenth.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 03:44 PM

Yea I posted the first one last night, right after I googled it. It dawned on me this morning I’m not the only one that had no clue what Juneteenth was for.

So scratch all you want.

Here you go Stub
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth

Now let’s not drag this one in the gutter. Maybe we could learn something from JCB.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 05:18 PM

Yea I posted the first one last night, right after I googled it. It dawned on me this morning I’m not the only one that had no clue what Juneteenth was for.

So scratch all you want.

Here you go Stub
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth

Now let’s not drag this one in the gutter. Maybe we could learn something from JCB.

First let me say that for the most part I am Not prejudice, I do my best to judge people by their actions.

It would be easy for me to drag this into the gutter but I am not, you are doing one hell of a job promoting it though confused2

How do you feel about Native American Indians, should they have a Federal Holiday for one of their great Chiefs who sought peace with the white eyes/man?
There is one for Martin Luther King Jr.

What about Caucasians or Anglos should they Have a Federal Holiday that celebrates one of their great leaders? Oh that's right they did George Washington's Birthday but for some BS reason they changed it to Presidents Day, nice way to get rid of the Honkey right?

There is a Black History month, yet no Caucasian History month???

The list goes on and on regarding the lopsided benefits, privilege's, recognition and so on that Blacks receive in this country of ours, this United States of America is suppose to be founded and built on so many good principals including equality!

I bet you know already what part of our society is the most discriminated against in the business sector, yep White males.

So pardon the hell out of me if I choose not celebrate in another one of the plethora of kudos, injustice or other stuff that is crammed down our throats on a daily basis.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 05:44 PM

Banks closed yesterday mad

HATE this crap being crammed down my throat EVERYDAY !!!!

I try not to be racist but this CONSTANT reminder of Black, Brown, Asian, LBGQY makes me think twice.

I GET IT ALREADY !!!!
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 05:49 PM

I am glad it has come and gone. I have been tired of hearing about it for the last week.
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 05:50 PM

I try not to be racist but this CONSTANT reminder of Black, Brown, Asian, LBGQY makes me think twice.

I GET IT ALREADY !!!!

You left out the trannies in LBGTQ

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 06:03 PM

Stub I never meant to insinuate you were prejudiced. It appears to me that YOU called ME out, for posting bs. The thought you were prejudice or racist never crossed my mind my man.

I agree the LGBT+ whatever phenomenon is mind blowing. Even much if not most of the gay community can agree with that. You might be surprised to know that a lot of black Americans are more sick of the race baiting bs than even we are.

So there’s that. All that behind me I can’t help but say something because the slick comments in the thread. I got a chuckle out of it to be honest. Then I had to go and Google Juneteenth and now I feel like an A*hole for laughing.

It is what it is. We celebrate July 4th why not Juneteenth? Because we were already free.

It’s an important day. It is noteworthy that Texas was the first state to recognize Juneteenth flag

That’s all it is. Juneteenth has nothing to do with race bait or the media or LGBT-whatever you want to call it. It’s an important day in our history and deserving of our recognition.
Posted By: booskay

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 06:15 PM

I think having fried cat fish on that day is racist. Same with watermelon and fried chicken.

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by booskay
I think having fried cat fish on that day is racist. Same with watermelon and fried chicken.

At least one of those fish was caught on a Watermelon Magic Speed Craw.
peep
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 10:32 PM

Now that’s taking it too far I could eat fried catfish any day of the year !

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/21/22 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

At least one of those fish was caught on a Watermelon Magic Speed Craw.
peep

funny
Posted By: soooo

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/22/22 12:49 PM

Some of you might want to read up on Abe's proclamation. Mainly what it didn't do.
Posted By: intohunting

Re: HAPPY JUNETEENTH!! - 06/22/22 03:24 PM

I GET IT ALREADY !!!!

^^^^^^
This.
So tired of this LGBLT crap.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum