Texas Hunting Forum

Perfect Vacation

Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:08 AM

Ok that’s what lm looking for but not sure it exists based on the qualifying criteria. However, if it does exist it would be on this forum that l know there is people(s) that share similar interests and or have been too or know where to go.

Ok so this what lm looking for but…DISCLAIMER: Contains both our wish list so kind of looking for an upscale bougy resort or hotel where an outdoorsman can break away and be back in 20 min to make dinner reservations if needed

1) Excellent dining options within the hotel/resort and also within a short driving distance

2) Enjoyale Night Life. Basically do not want to go to an Amish town but also do not want to go to the S-show that is currently New Orleans that lm clearly too old for now (l’m 38 for reference)

3) Located on a natural body of water and also with access to a pool

4) This is a big one for me - The ability to go fishing within walking distance of the hotel/resort. I fall in the class of guys that would prefer to go find their own fish versus hire a guide to do it

5) No to places located in Alaska, Texas, Hawaii, or anywhere outside the country. Note: For the record we both love TX but want to expand our travel horizons

6) Has places to go hiking or exploring on your own

Thanks in advance guys!
Posted By: erathar

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:16 AM

Missoula, Montana.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:19 AM

Lake Tahoe.

Lake Whitefish, MT

Bend Oregon

Bangor Maine
Posted By: rickym

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:23 AM

Mobile, Pensacola, Tampa, Savannah, Charleston for coastal.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by HVILLE HNTR

4) This is a big one for me - The ability to go fishing within walking distance of the hotel/resort. I fall in the class of guys that would prefer to go find their own fish versus hire a guide to do it

Your soon to be a hated member roflmao bolt
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:44 AM

Lake Dardanelle in Arkansas.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:33 PM

Look for a condo or hotel like this on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs Ar. Meets a lot of your wishes but not all. It's the best I can come up with. When you find what you are looking for make sure to pass it on as I would be interested in the same wish list place.

https://www.vrbo.com/2444144?arrival=2022-07-25&departure=2022-07-31&unitId=3012572
Posted By: outdoor-addict

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:37 PM

Big Cedar Lodge, Branson, MO. or a similar type setup in the area.
Posted By: TijuanaTom

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 02:41 PM

Asheville, NC

Biltmore Estate + Hotel
Link

Grove Park Inn
Link
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 03:18 PM

La Jolla, CA
Gaylord, MI
Destin, FL
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 03:32 PM

Lake Tahoe
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 03:54 PM

Brush Creek Ranch, but the nightlife would be Saratoga, Wy .
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 04:25 PM

The area along the gulf coast of Florida from Pensacola to Panama City is not only the prettiest beach in the US it has great fishing , food and nightlife .
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 04:31 PM

McCall, ID

But when are you planning to go? Most of the good places already booked up for the summer months ago.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Look for a condo or hotel like this on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs Ar. Meets a lot of your wishes but not all. It's the best I can come up with. When you find what you are looking for make sure to pass it on as I would be interested in the same wish list place.

https://www.vrbo.com/2444144?arrival=2022-07-25&departure=2022-07-31&unitId=3012572

We spent a week in a condo on Hamilton. Lake right outside the door. Great pool. Food and nightlife in town but not walking distance. Plenty of hiking trails and sights around hot springs.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by wp75169
Originally Posted by spacejunkie

We spent a week in a condo on Hamilton. Lake right outside the door. Great pool. Food and nightlife in town but not walking distance. Plenty of hiking trails and sights around hot springs.

We rented a house over spring break, great little trip, price was very affordable

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 04:57 PM

We rented a house over spring break, great little trip, price was very affordable

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Now you have my attention BoBo. Can you send me the information on this place?

HVILLE HNTR is on his own now.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 05:03 PM

We did Hot Springs last summer in July and it was miserable hot/humid. It has been voted a no-return for our crew. Headed to Lake of the Ozarks in mid-July. Will report back after that one.

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 05:08 PM

I’ll get the exact listing but it held two 4 adults and 5 kids pretty easily.

Mountain pic is from the observatory in Hotsprings.

We didnt fish so I can’t tell you anything about it. But lots of fun stuff todo in Hotsprings.

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
We did Hot Springs last summer in July and it was miserable hot/humid. It has been voted a no-return for our crew. Headed to Lake of the Ozarks in mid-July. Will report back after that one.

I could see that. We normally at the coast of 4th. This was a spring break trip so weather was very reasonable infact snow on ground when we got there
Posted By: tailchaser93

Re: Perfect Vacation - 06/16/22 09:42 PM

Myrtle Beach should have some options to fit your needs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum