Texas Hunting Forum

LIV Golf Tour

Posted By: DQ Kid

LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:33 AM

The Saudi Arabian backed tour run by Greg Norman and looking to compete with PGA tour. PGA has previously indicated they will not condone any of its members playing in this competing tour. Kevin Na revoked his PGA membership this past weekend to play the LIV. What do the golfing members of THF think of the LIV tour and will PGA stand firm on not allowing uts members to play it?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:35 AM

That’s just asinine. They let European tour players play in PGA tournaments.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:37 AM

PGA rules., abide or leave. As long as they don't f with the LPGA...

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:41 AM

European Tour and PGA are more viewed complementary to each other at least by the European Tour and likely inferior by PGA view of European Tour. Payouts ate generally less on Euro Tour than PGA and field is usually lower overall ranked than most good PGA Tour tourneys. LIV's 1st place payout of $4M and total purse of $32M for 48 players has PGA concerned I'm guessing.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:42 AM

PGA didn’t loose anything with Kevin Na. I watched him put a 14 on hole in the Texas Open in San Antonio. He was out in the cedars trying to chop wood to get out.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:44 AM

Norman is a hasbeen prick
Dustin Johnson is a crack-headed prick
Mickelson is an arrogant prick
Na is a nobody
Screw the Saudi's. They are muslims and are the enemy.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Na is a nobody

You forgot Poulter, Sergio, Oosthuizen, Graham McDowell and a few others out for that oil money grab...

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
PGA didn’t loose anything with Kevin Na. I watched him put a 14 on hole in the Texas Open in San Antonio. He was out in the cedars trying to chop wood to get out.

Right, fellow PGA player, Grayson Murray said upon Na revoking his PGA membership, "Na will not be missed by anyone on tour and rounds will now finish 20 minutes earlier". Murray calling it a politically correct. Lol

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by DQ Kid

Right, fellow PGA player, Grayson Murray said upon Na revoking his PGA membership, "Na will not be missed by anyone on tour and rounds will now finish 20 minutes earlier". Murray calling it a politically correct. Lol

Now that’s funny!

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 02:07 AM

Na is a nobody

You forgot Poulter, Sergio, Oosthuizen, Graham McDowell and a few others out for that oil money grab...

The European tour guys are too stuffy, good riddance.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 02:44 AM

If they’re paying guys $10 mill a year for 10 years guaranteed plus prize money, of course some guys were going to migrate. I’ll probably watch some, just to see, but I really enjoy PGA events. And I don’t like the Saudis. If I was a player, would I ignore all of the political BS just because they money whipped me? I hope not, but a guaranteed $100 million is not a proposition I’ve been faced with.

DJ is an all-world talent with a don’t-give-a-crap attitude. He’s always been that way, so it’s not shocking he made the move. And he’s already got majors. Phil is an idiot and a degenerate gambler, so I don’t care (I also think that’s why he was playing so many senior tour tournaments because he was cleaning up and needed money). Na is a non-starter. The rest of the names I recognized are no-starters or on the downside of their careers.

I’ll watch a little just to see what’s what, but I don’t see myself paying attention to it beyond one tournament, mostly out of principle.
Posted By: Greg

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 02:51 AM

Na is a nobody

Phil was very friendly and talkative to my wife and I back about 15 years ago. I also read he was one of the best tippers on tour.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Greg
Na is a nobody

Phil was very friendly and talkative to my wife and I back about 15 years ago. I also read he was one of the best tippers on tour.

He also made the annual list of most hated players on tour, as voted on by fellow tour players so he's got that going for him too.
Posted By: rickym

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 03:55 AM

I believe it’s going to change the PGA as we know it. They have more money, and now that they have interest I believe it’s only a matter of time until they take over unless the PGA changes and quits being so greedy. PGA has made godly amounts of money, and has never been hit hard to payout more.
Though the payouts for first aren’t that much behind for elite talent money.

Either way I’ll either pass on watching or nap through most of it.
Posted By: Greg

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Greg
Na is a nobody

He also made the annual list of most hated players on tour, as voted on by fellow tour players so he's got that going for him too.

roflmao
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 09:41 AM

Glad you guys keep up with this.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 12:21 PM

The Saudi Arabian backed tour run by Greg Norman and looking to compete with PGA tour. PGA has previously indicated they will not condone any of its members playing in this competing tour. Kevin Na revoked his PGA membership this past weekend to play the LIV. What do the golfing members of THF think of the LIV tour and will PGA stand firm on not allowing uts members to play it?

I believe he "resigned" from the PGA tour. By resigning it allows him to collect a "pension" if he is due one.

Kevin Na Resigns from the PGA Tour
Posted By: soooo

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 12:51 PM

I got stuff to do
Posted By: 603Country

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:31 PM

Watching golf still puts me to sleep. It won’t matter if it’s the PGA or not.

But…let’s examine this. You have a fellow that is past his best days in the PGA (if he ever had a best day) and isn’t ever going to win a big tournament again. And he’s offered $10mil to play in another league. That’s money he won’t have to win in a tournament. Hard to say no to that.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:35 PM

Hope their sand game is solid!

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 01:54 PM

I dont' blame them for taking the $$$. Absolutely, golf is the best way I know of to take a good nap.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/07/22 02:46 PM

F the crybaby PGA. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/08/22 04:38 PM

Teams are set. 1st event...London, June 9-11

Teams

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/08/22 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Davis300
F the crybaby PGA. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

Put out a quality product and let the chips fall where they may.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 03:53 PM

Watching Round 1 this morning. This is going to put a dent in the PGA...great golf coverage.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 05:07 PM

Team names are stupid cheesy. Fireballs, Stingers, Crushers, Smash... Sound like a bunch of 12U Girls Softball teams. roflmao

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 06:09 PM

Just announced, every PGA tour player participating in LIV Golf tournament is now suspended from PGA Tour and ineligible to participate in Ryder and President's Cup competitions too. Only majors are eligible since not PGA Tour sanctioned.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Watching Round 1 this morning. This is going to put a dent in the PGA...great golf coverage.

Tv channel?

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Tv channel?

Streaming only on LIV Golf website, YouTube and one other I can't recall.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 06:47 PM

If the players qualify to keep their tour card and play the required minimum 15 tournaments, then who is a the PGA to say what other tournaments the pros can play in. Get over it PGA.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 06:48 PM

I watched it on LIV.com

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter22
If the players qualify to keep their tour card and play the required minimum 15 tournaments, then who is a the PGA to say what other tournaments the pros can play in. Get over it PGA.

They are independent contractors.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 09:55 PM

Nice
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/09/22 10:04 PM

This is going to end up in court…hard to see a way around it.

And I think you’ll see more players go.

My bet, today, is that you’ll see some sort of compromise between the tours.

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/10/22 01:52 PM

round 2 is on at livgolf.com...
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/10/22 06:02 PM

Beautiful course
Posted By: Davis300

Re: LIV Golf Tour - 06/10/22 09:06 PM

Dechambeaux next to bail…hope the onslaught continues.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum