Texas Hunting Forum

10 day waiting period coming next

Posted By: Buzzsaw

10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:24 PM

Tulsa Doctor shooting. The guy bought the AR that morning, pistol the day before.

More fuel for a waiting period barf
Posted By: JCB

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:40 PM

That was done before the background checks. The waiting period didnt work so they gave us background checks. Now the background checks didnt work so they will shove something else up our rears. Raising the age wont work either. Banning 9mm's (LOL) wont work either. Banning guns wont work either. Every single time they took more and more freedom away from you though and thats what this is really all about.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:43 PM

Didn't Texas have a 7 or 10 day waiting period 20-25 years ago?

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Didn't Texas have a 7 or 10 day waiting period 20-25 years ago?

Yep. Background checks replaced the wait.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:48 PM

what good would a "waiting period" do to stop shootings?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:51 PM

MSM really playing up the shooter bought that "AR type weapon" just hours before the rampage!

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

Back then it was "domestic violence" that got us the waiting period. It was suppose to give these evil men a chance to cool off before killing off their wife. The waiting period paved the way for background checks. Back ground checks have paved the way for whats about to shoved up our rears next.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

It was supposed to prevent people from acting immediately. It was also known as a “cooling off period”. That was the gun hater argument they gave.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:55 PM

Gonna be just like Commifornia if we let them. realmad
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 10:56 PM

All the NRA opposers on here might need to rethink their positions.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Agree, Life member for me.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Agree, Life member for me.

I'm a life time member as well. I don't keep up with them but the guy running for the last decade needs to go away.
Posted By: rogerh

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/02/22 11:53 PM

I watched some of the house hearings today about the gun bills they are trying to pass. When some of those people speak it amazes me how out of touch
people are.

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 12:08 AM

The Pedo has spoken. Gun grab in progress!

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 12:22 AM

yep

it will never work in the USA. There will never be gun control, not here.

still absolutely NO good points made by PEDO to curb the crap which is going on.

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 12:51 AM

He kept repeating "for God's sake."

I say for God's sake why do we have such a corrupt idiot as POTUS?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 01:10 PM

They put something in the jab. People are going nuts.
Posted By: soooo

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 01:21 PM

The main point in reporting on the Tulsa crime was that he bought the pistol recently, like Sunday, and the rifle a few hours before committing murder.

There is a blatant error or omission in that as we all know.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 03:36 PM

Why not just make a compromise/deal - 10 day waiting period agreed-upon and a unanimous vote would be needed in the future to do anything else in the way of gun reform?
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 03:45 PM

The mainstream trash is highlighting every incident possible. Very little mention of the escaped murderer breaking jnto and killing 5 residents. Eff them

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 04:42 PM

I pray the American people can see what a duffus this old man is
Posted By: hopalong

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 04:55 PM

maybe it is time for Texas to start secession?

no way in hell I am giving up a dam thing to the sob's, they lie, cheat and steal all in the name of democracy when not a stinkin one of them actually know what it means (both sides).

I wonder what they will do about semi auto shotguns, I have one with 3 10 round mags and some 5 round, they gonna be next?

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
Why not just make a compromise/deal - 10 day waiting period agreed-upon and a unanimous vote would be needed in the future to do anything else in the way of gun reform?

NOPE!
Posted By: Concho

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 05:16 PM

Not going to happen, forget the gun control talk, it is political postering.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ramsey
The mainstream trash is highlighting every incident possible. Very little mention of the escaped murderer breaking jnto and killing 5 residents. Eff them

It was the lead story on the WFAA news last night, front page of DMN website this morning, and was lead story in my inbox this morning on my News alerts.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 07:26 PM

No

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 07:47 PM

The Clinton era "Assault Weapons Ban" had a sunset clause in it that stated that after a 10 year period if there was no measurable drop in gun violence then the "ban" would be allowed to expire. Well.......there was no measurable drop in gun violence (despite what you hear on TV) so that "ban" was allowed to expire. That was a compromise with the left that failed and we all knew it would. Only a fool would want to give away more freedoms knowing it will fail again just like the last time we had waiting periods.

Every shooting is a reason to try and grab more of your freedoms. They know what ever they put in place wont work, but they still manage to convince uneducated souls that it will. Oh and its all for the good of the children...........the same children that escaped the womb before they could abort them.
Posted By: Judd

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 08:43 PM

Ever notice how all compromises end with the law abiding gun folks losing rights? Not really how I think of compromises....here is a true compromise...pass the Hearing Protection Act and in turn start prosecuting all 4473 lies and straw purchases...add mandatory minimum sentences for all felons caught in possession of a firearm.

Start with Hunter Biden and make an example out of him to prove they are serious.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 09:47 PM

Not supporting ANY more gun law. And if Texas voted to secede, I’m moving back. walking
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve
Not supporting ANY more gun law. And if Texas voted to secede, I’m moving back. walking

As much as I wish it were true...it's a myth we reserved that right when we joined the union. The Republic was flat-azz broke.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by R83steve

As much as I wish it were true...it's a myth we reserved that right when we joined the union. The Republic was flat-azz broke.

there is not a damn thing that would stop us from secession, don't need any previous anything.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

the federal govt. has not a leg to stand on if a state decides to leave the republic, that right is reserved for the "people" of said state.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 10:19 PM

Well, what are we waiting for?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/03/22 11:17 PM

Bring it!
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/04/22 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Bring it!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/04/22 01:51 AM

Good lord. Tell you what. You can give up your rights but I'll keep mine.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/04/22 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

This world would be such a wonderful place if we could get rid of about 95% of the lawyers.

rofl
Posted By: rickym

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/04/22 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

This world would be such a wonderful place if we could get rid of about 95% of the lawyers.

rofl

No sh!t. Well we know he came from the blue screen!
Posted By: Pootie

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/04/22 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Judd
Ever notice how all compromises end with the law abiding gun folks losing rights? Not really how I think of compromises....here is a true compromise...pass the Hearing Protection Act and in turn start prosecuting all 4473 lies and straw purchases...add mandatory minimum sentences for all felons caught in possession of a firearm.

Start with Hunter Biden and make an example out of him to prove they are serious.

I could go for this.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: 10 day waiting period coming next - 06/04/22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pootie
Originally Posted by Judd

I could go for this.

That’s a good start.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum