Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 10:33 PM

Golf ball washer
Posted By: rickym

Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by rogerh
Golf ball washer
Posted By: hopalong

Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 10:39 PM

looks like a cheeken defeatherer so ya gots nekked cheekens to cook. dip them in boiling water then crank n strip em of feathers.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by rickym
[quote=rogerh]Golf ball washer

'Makes me think of Caddyshack
Posted By: Wytex

Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 11:09 PM

Looks painful if you turn it the wrong way.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 11:22 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Superduty

Re: What is it? - 05/24/22 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
Looks painful if you turn it the wrong way.

I agree, and how does the door completely close?

Must be for men over 50 years old.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: What is it? - 05/25/22 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
looks like a cheeken defeatherer so ya gots nekked cheekens to cook. dip them in boiling water then crank n strip em of feathers.

That might just be it. It came out of my grandfather's garage after he died. He raised chickens when I was a kid. Lots of them. His father raised thousands of chickens in western Oklahoma that were shipped by train to restaurants in New York. So it was family tradition. When I was a kid the extended family would get together at my grandfather's house and work together almost like an assembly line. Hang live chickens in front yard elm tree by feet, cut head off to kill and bleed, then to be dipped in scalding water, then stripped of feathers in the kitchen sink, then cut up and frozen. I never saw this contraption used during that time though. Or don't remember it being used. It would be too small for full sized chickens, but in the last years he raised chickens, he only had bantams. This would be the perfect size for defeathering banty chickens. Could also be for game birds. He was a hunter and made trips into Oklahoma with his pointers. What I do know is my grandfather never played a game of golf in his life. One of my fondest memories is when the last chicken would be killed. It would always be hung buy it's neck, head cut off, and chicken allowed to drop and round around the yard with all the children which included me to chase it. Blood would be spurting out of it's neck everywhere as it run around and get all over us kids chasing it. "Like a chicken with it's head cut off". Just imagine if we did that in a DFW suburban front yard today.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum