Texas Hunting Forum

Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 02:29 PM

It's time to let go of Mrs B's. Caddy and I'm looking at the Trailhawk with the Hemi. Anybody have one? Opinions? Experience with the hemi?
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 02:53 PM

I can't tell you about the Hemi in the Grand Cherokee. However, I like it in my 2021 Ram so much that I'm likely going to buy a 100,000 mile factory Mopar warranty so I can keep it a long time. I don't want a V6 in a truck until that is all that there is.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by DannyB
I can't tell you about the Hemi in the Grand Cherokee. However, I like it in my 2021 Ram so much that I'm likely going to buy a 100,000 mile factory Mopar warranty so I can keep it a long time. I don't want a V6 in a truck until that is all that there is.

I'm with you on the V-6, it will have to have the Hemi. Her little Caddy's V-6 has more HP than the Penstar V-6.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 03:20 PM

First time I saw one had no clue that is what it was until I was at a stop light next to it and I could hear the rumbling/throaty exhaust, looked over just as the light turned green and it hauled azz.
Pretty cool ride.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 04:07 PM

Cool ride for sure. One got stolen from a lot near the AAC during the Stars game Friday night. eek
Posted By: leswad

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 04:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 05:56 PM

I used to drive one. Really liked it, nice and peppy and could tow a decent amount if needed. My wife liked mine so much she bought one too. Never had any trouble with either of them, but we traded at 50k-60k miles.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/15/22 08:40 PM

I'll choose the New Chevy ZR2, not as much horsepower as the $100K TRX Ram but it's got plenty, 420hp.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/16/22 03:06 AM

I thought Dodge was discontinuing the 5.8L Hemi a year or so ago: did they reverse course on that?
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/16/22 03:12 AM

Wow! $102k for a used one! I drove a Cherokee in college. My son won't be so lucky.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/16/22 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85
Cool ride for sure. One got stolen from a lot near the AAC during the Stars game Friday night. eek

If it’s a GM truck/suv or a Hemi/Hellcat product, it’s got a very high chance of being stolen from AAC. We prob take 5-10 reports on average from every event held there.
Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - 05/16/22 11:55 AM

People confusing Trailhawk with Trackhawk

My wife had a Durango R/T with the 5.7 and loved it. It was a solid SUV, no issues whatsoever, would recommend 100%.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum