Texas Hunting Forum

POS Coach...

Posted By: The Dude Abides

POS Coach... - 04/12/22 04:36 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-texas-youth-baseball-coach-151200600.html
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 04:42 PM

Any father who gets so wrapped up in "daddy ball" that he commits an offense probably shouldn't have kids. That's ridiculous. Youth sports aren't always the virtuous pastime they are made out to be.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 04:53 PM

Saw the interview of the umpire. Coach needs some jail time.
Posted By: Guy

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 04:55 PM

Saw that last night on the local news. Hope he presses charges, to the fullest extent.
Posted By: cbump

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:03 PM

F that guy
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:05 PM

Whatever happened to life lessons, teamwork and good sportsmanship for sports at that age?
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:06 PM

Animal
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:20 PM

I have a buddy that umpires high school baseball. He get's tired of the abuse.
Posted By: Espy

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:27 PM

That’s just sad. Should get charges and never coach again.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:39 PM

Although shameful, I find myself wondering if that there "coach" finds himself ashamed.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:45 PM

not his fault - he's a victim and had been watching the Oscars the night before.

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Espy
That’s just sad. Should get charges and never coach again.

Banned from all sports...forever. No exceptions of any kind.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:52 PM

Kid was safe, too. Catcher did a crappy [censored] job covering the front of the plate and was late with the tag… peep
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85
Kid was safe, too. Catcher did a crappy [censored] job covering the front of the plate and was late with the tag… peep

I thought the same thing with the catcher not even reacting at all. Those coaches either did a great job of teaching them to never react to an umpires call or he agreed he was safe.

Yes, that coach for sure crossed the line.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:08 PM

Imagine that, a fatso has-been with anger issues. Bet his son is "going pro".
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:10 PM

Seems like there’s always one
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:28 PM

Like many of you guys I have coached baseball and been a baseball dad. I have 2 boys and have been involved with youth and HS baseball for more than 15 years.

I have seen awful behavior by coaches and parents even on the teams I was a part. It can be shameful. My senior in high school is going on to play at a D1 junior college next year. I won't miss youth or HS baseball BS.

I have never said a dang word to an ump to complain about a call, ball/strike, a play or anything. Seriously.... who freaking cares. Another play another game is around the corner. It never ends. Why get worked up about any of it?

Parents quit screaming the word "Blue!" and complaining every pitch.: You look like azz hats.

Agree this guy should pay some kind of price. The umps, players and folks in the stands do not deserve this.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Animal

He's Not An Animal, He's a Human Being.

That Ump Is Lucky He Wasn't A Ref At A Basketball Tournament At A Church.................
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:43 PM

What a freaking loser. That lardass needs some fines and jail time.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:45 PM

Wonder if he's on TFF lizard
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 06:53 PM

charges filed
Posted By: dkershen

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
charges filed

Yep. As they should be. That coach from Abilene needs to learn a hard legal lesson here. Hope every kid on his team gets to write him a jail house letter.

I was the softball Tournament Dir for a decade in Colleyville. Ended up banning a couple of coaches and parents over the years for bad behavior. We generally did it by never allowing the team to enter a tournament or join our league again. May seem harsh, but it sent a strong message to a wider audience that misbehavior wouldn't be tolerated.

Only had to have one guy arrested. He was the idiot that had to be plastered to attend his daughters games. bang

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Animal

He's Not An Animal, He's a Human Being.

That Ump Is Lucky He Wasn't A Ref At A Basketball Tournament At A Church.................

He's a POS and the "yutes" at that BB tournament are inter-city-scum! We already know where they will end up.
Posted By: jimbob

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 07:55 PM

Used to umpire baseball for 13-15 year olds when i was in college for extra cash.
Called a mans son out on strike 3. Batter and father had obviously never seen a
curve ball before. Dad told me he was going to whoop my [censored] after the game so
went to other coach and had them get somebody to call the cops. They came and
removed him from the field. Sad that his son had to see that. BTW that was
40 yrs ago. Saw similar stuff at older sons high school basketball game. Some
parents have always had a problem.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 08:01 PM

Our high school head coach has to make a speech at the beginning of every season for the parents to be careful what they scream from the stands. If you can't control your emotions at your kid's sporting events then you aren't much of an adult, let alone a man. I was very happy when my youngest graduated from high school because I knew I would never have to associate with certain Van Alstyne people again.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 08:12 PM

The coach needs his fat [censored] beat unconscious and to spend a few years in jail. When the consequences are sever enough these idiots might start thinking about their actions.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 08:37 PM

Most parents don't realize that college scouts are watching the parents just as much as the kids. You kid may be awesome, but if you are an idiot parent, the college coaches are going to move onto the next awesome kid whose parents aren't going to embarrass the school or be a pain in their [censored] for the next 4 years. It doesn't happen much at the little league level, but happens a lot at the high school and club sport level.
Posted By: OTL91

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 08:41 PM

Baseball parents are on a completely different level of ridiculous.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 09:20 PM

My son played in this 10U tournament. His Saturday games were over early, but I saw in the standings the Texas Phenoms from Abilene were disqualified. Now I know why.

There are some bad calls and some bad umpires, especially late in the day when it was hot and windy, but that is just absolutely ridiculous to act like that.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 10:32 PM

I had ban a dad due to behavior. He could only watch from outside the field.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 10:37 PM

And had the ump pulled out a G42 and punched him 5-6 times in the chest he’d be called the maniac

CrAzY world

Media induced crazy world…
Posted By: Stub

Re: POS Coach... - 04/12/22 10:45 PM

Yep that fat azz POS coach needs to spend time in lockup.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 02:07 AM

My son was playing in another 10U tourney but we heard about this. What a pos. In all the sports he plays, soccer is the worst especially parents.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 02:24 AM

I would encourage any umpire to manage a tight game. Lay out the expectations in the pregame conference, give 1 warning, then run 'em if you have to.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
Our high school head coach has to make a speech at the beginning of every season for the parents to be careful what they scream from the stands. If you can't control your emotions at your kid's sporting events then you aren't much of an adult, let alone a man. I was very happy when my youngest graduated from high school because I knew I would never have to associate with certain Van Alstyne people again.

I umped a game behind the plate at a Prosper baseball game back when Prosper's entire school system including schooling was in one building at the dead-end of 5th due to an ump shortage and the Prosper catcher was in my oldest son's class...I was ridiculous at calling balls and strikes and the catcher told me after every call whether I got that one right or not...I told the visiting catcher not to sweat it because I would even out the bad calls using the law of averages and he was a good sport about it too...
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 02:43 AM

At a city park in Haltom City they have signs on every backstop that say this:
1. These are kids.
2. This is a game.
3. Coaches are volunteers.
4. Umpires are human.
5. You don't play for the Rangers.

A while back a Little League in Rochester, New York had their kids vote to have their parents excluded from the games.

That coach in the video needs to go to jail.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 03:09 AM

Jesus Christ... He needs some time in a cell to think about his actions
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 03:52 AM

I can’t stand that sort of behavior. I cringed at it as a kid playing baseball, and I cringe at it now, as a parent with kids playing baseball.

As kids, we had a perfect record ruined by an umpire that was also a disgruntled coach. He felt that he’d been wronged by our fathers starting up their own team and taking us from his. He sucked as a coach, but it was nothing personal. Our dads wanted to do their own thing, we went with them, and we dominated. This loser coach eventually umpired one of our games and so obviously gave it to the other team that he was banned from the Lion’s Club for life. Even then, nobody was hostile about it. Parents got the guy in charge of the organization to show up and witness the spectacle. We lost the game, undeservedly, but we learned how things are supposed to be handled.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
charges filed

Yep. As they should be. That coach from Abilene needs to learn a hard legal lesson here. Hope every kid on his team gets to write him a jail house letter.

I was the softball Tournament Dir for a decade in Colleyville. Ended up banning a couple of coaches and parents over the years for bad behavior. We generally did it by never allowing the team to enter a tournament or join our league again. May seem harsh, but it sent a strong message to a wider audience that misbehavior wouldn't be tolerated.

Only had to have one guy arrested. He was the idiot that had to be plastered to attend his daughters games. bang

Req is still pretty chill over here. I’ve been impressed with vast majority of coaches really holding the line on sportsmanship.

Everyone needs a good comedy show when there’s that parent that thinks Notre dame is there scouting their 8 year daughter.

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 11:19 AM

Been in plenty of youth sports. Ran a non-profit & successful vball club for four years. Having played a lot growing up, I knew refs calls worked both ways and bad calls were more likely the result of someone being wrong than any bias held against a team. They tended to even out over time. The "insight" from parental units was oftentimes interesting.

I remember a former D-1 college athlete telling me his 14 year old deserved more time on the court as she would wind up in the Olympics. She never even started for her HS.

I remember parents of a 17 year old sub telling a coach that their dd (darling daughter) needed to start the next game cuz, Baylor was gonna be there to scout her. He replied that if she wasn't good enough to start on the club team, Baylor was not going to be signing her. A good kid, she did end up at St. Edwards.

I remember being in the mens room at the Austin Convention Center relieving myself when I felt breastisis pushing me on the shoulder while I had something "special" in my hand. The irate mother of a 13 year old on a 2nd team chose that as the scene to let me know her dd deserved more playing time.

I could go on and on and on ad nauseum.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Been in plenty of youth sports. Ran a non-profit & successful vball club for four years. Having played a lot growing up, I knew refs calls worked both ways and bad calls were more likely the result of someone being wrong than any bias held against a team. They tended to even out over time. The "insight" from parental units was oftentimes interesting.

I remember a former D-1 college athlete telling me his 14 year old deserved more time on the court as she would wind up in the Olympics. She never even started for her HS.

I remember parents of a 17 year old sub telling a coach that their dd (darling daughter) needed to start the next game cuz, Baylor was gonna be there to scout her. He replied that if she wasn't good enough to start on the club team, Baylor was not going to be signing her. A good kid, she did end up at St. Edwards.

I remember being in the mens room at the Austin Convention Center relieving myself when I felt breastisis pushing me on the shoulder while I had something "special" in my hand. The irate mother of a 13 year old on a 2nd team chose that as the scene to let me know her dd deserved more playing time.

I could go on and on and on ad nauseum.

The d1 parents are an oddity. Most parents that played at that level know best player on the field at what ever age won’t be the same next year. Especially under 16 as they physically change so much year to year.

It’s all amusing to me. Minus the specialized skill “pro” training to get them to a select level, that’s annoying. I miss sand lot.

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 02:19 PM

"The d1 parents are an oddity. Most parents that played at that level know best player on the field at what ever age won’t be the same next year. Especially under 16 as they physically change so much year to year."

He had size and was effective. 4 year football player for the Sand Aggies. His kids just didn't have the same, desirable package.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lazyjack
I had ban a dad due to behavior. He could only watch from outside the field.

Baseball has always been big in my family. My Dad was an Umpire for 25 years, and he threw a LOT of coaches and parents/fans out of the park. Someone would start running their mouth, they got one warning. After that, you were ejected from the park. Refuse to leave, and you go to jail for criminal trespass. Unsportsman like behavior was not tolerated at all back then.

My youngest kids play ball and I am continuously amazed at how much some of these umps put up with from coaches, parents, and players today. Little League game the other night some kid struck out then threw a damn temper tantrum walking back to the dug out. Threw the bat, threw his helmet....no one said a thing, not even his coach. Back when I played ball, something like that would have gotten me benched or ejected from the game, and after I got home and got my azz whooped my coach would have me running until I dropped. SMH.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 05:36 PM

I don’t post much anymore except for “religious” threads that rarely come up. However, as a coach for many many years, I disagree that this is a “POS coach.” He is not a coach at all. He is a parent with a self serving agenda. He is simply using sports and children for his own sense of importance and relevance.

A true coach first and foremost loves kids and wants to be a part of them becoming valuable members of society. Valuable members to family, and most of all a coach desires for all his players to be better humans after having spent time under his leadership with the ability to apply lessons learned to live a better life and pass on those lessons. He is a POS, but he is no coach.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: POS Coach... - 04/13/22 08:34 PM

Wow peewee baseball coaches are as bad as peewee football coaches.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum