Texas Hunting Forum

A beer you won’t drink

Posted By: 603Country

A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:24 PM

Spacejunkie’s Heineken thread, and a few comments on drinking free beer, causes me to wonder if there’s any beer that you guys will not drink. My old friend Pete hated Miller beer with a vocal passion but he would drink it if that was all I had. Recently we were visiting Arkansas relatives, and they had vast supplies of cheap low cal beer. I drank one, but declined further beer. It tasted awful, or rather - it had little taste. Other than hoping for a buzz, why drink bad beer?
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:28 PM

non-alcoholic
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:30 PM

Budweiser, the most disgusting liquid ever brewed by man.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:32 PM

eeks333

Some I like better than others.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:33 PM

Any IPA
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:43 PM

Any Coors product, I just don't like the taste.
Posted By: Derek

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by goosebuster
Any IPA

Tried many and they are all horrible.
Posted By: cbump

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:44 PM

Any ipa, steel reserve, hot beer, Heineken.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:45 PM

IPAs typically suck hind teet and are not worth consuming. Not much of Heifeweizen fan either. Anything pecan flavored with a hint of chocolate aroma.

Originally Posted by Choctaw

The true King of Beers. Modelo Especial up there also.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:52 PM

I got this for Christmas and was pretty excited to try it. I like stouts, I like bourbon. I couldn't even finish it, maybe took 4 sips and poured it out. Awful.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:53 PM

This∆∆
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:53 PM

Everyone needs to try one of these, then the vote would be unanimous for worst beer ever.

[Linked Image]

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:57 PM

Space Pizza by Martin House is a pretty bad beer as well.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 01:59 PM

Sours, IPA's, Double IPA's, Heineken, warm beer, many others, if you are one to have said you never had a bad beer. Then you have no taste buds left.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:06 PM

A skunked one.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:08 PM

There are some stouts that need to be warmer than my fridge keeps them. If I am going to have a stout, I will set it on the table for about 10 minutes prior to opening. In winter, I have even put one inside my jacket chest pocket to warm it up faster.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by cbump

Add anything from Sam Adams, anything from Kona, and anything dunkel.... there's way too many good beers, to spend time and calories on bad beer....
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:16 PM

Any beer period. Gave it up after college.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Everyone needs to try one of these, then the vote would be unanimous for worst beer ever.

[Linked Image]

This beer has to be good.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:26 PM

Honestly, most beer sucks. You just have to find one that sucks less and that you *think* you like.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:34 PM

Any ipa, steel reserve.

Agree 100%. Got a buddy that loves IPAs and keeps a variety on hand and even a log of the ones he has tried. It just dawned on me that he doesn't stick to one because he is always looking for a good one and hasn't realized they all taste like crap.

As for the Steel Reserve, the bums in Fort Worth would drink it and leave their empties in front of our office. We bought some Steel Reserve for the office at a party as a gimmick. They were so bad, I chunked the left overs on to a neighboring office's rooftop that we overlooked. Those beers stayed there for several years until we moved offices; I wonder if they are still up there. I've decided you gotta be in a real bad place in life to say, "Hmmm. Hand me a frosty cold Steel Reserve."
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:35 PM

I really dislike Miller Lite, but I’ll drink it if that’s all that’s available.
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:37 PM

Bud light is my least favorite. Don't care for any diet beer.1 fruity flavored beer and I was done with them!
Posted By: cbump

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:54 PM

I've decided you gotta be in a real bad place in life to say, "Hmmm. Hand me a frosty cold Steel Reserve."

Lmao!

When I was in the military we got ahold of some Flying dog in heat beer. I can’t remember the taste but I was unfamiliar at the time with unfiltered beer. There was stuff floating in It and I gagged.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 02:56 PM

Don't like Bud Light
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:02 PM

that about covers it for me
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:02 PM

I bought a 4 pack of Guinness Stout. I only needed two cans to cook my corned beef. I couldn't finish can #3. #4 was poured on the ground.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:06 PM

Budweiser. They use rice as the grain and it gives me a headache. Huber, Old Style and Stroh's are all pretty bad too
Posted By: Tommar

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:10 PM

Any IPA

It’s Probably Awful.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:13 PM

Guinness.
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:40 PM

Most of them. Give me some Dripping Springs Vodka!
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 03:53 PM

I will drink any beer as long as it is cold.
Posted By: Guy

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
non-alcoholic

Bingo. Can’t believe all the IPA haters, it’s my favorite.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 04:37 PM

I don't know if it's beer but old english 800 ruint me for life...
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
non-alcoholic

Bingo. Can’t believe all the IPA haters, it’s my favorite.

Me too. Love the hops.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 04:50 PM

Free beer always tastes good to me
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:09 PM

Won’t drink—none. Will drink—-just put it in front of me and watch.. Ex-sailor here who has drank some bad stuff and never complained.
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:11 PM

This was served at the end of a bike ride. Awful.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:12 PM

non-alcoholic

Don’t like them but have drank that or club soda when I was the DD.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Spacejunkie’s Heineken thread, and a few comments on drinking free beer, causes me to wonder if there’s any beer that you guys will not drink. My old friend Pete hated Miller beer with a vocal passion but he would drink it if that was all I had. Recently we were visiting Arkansas relatives, and they had vast supplies of cheap low cal beer. I drank one, but declined further beer. It tasted awful, or rather - it had little taste. Other than hoping for a buzz, why drink bad beer?

I will pass on almost all 'regular' beers nowadays. About as tame as I get would be a Shiner or Karbach brew. I've gotten to where I really like the dark stout flavored brews. We now enjoy fewer beers but much, much better quality like those at the micro breweries.

Guadalupe Brewing Co in New Braunfels is the best we found yet hands down and we have probably been to over 100 of them in 5 different states. Especially if you like the dark stouts.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:14 PM

Schlitz followed by Budweiser.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:21 PM

Used to really like IPAs and now for some reason I don’t care for them at all. More of an amber or stout guy now for craft beers.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 05:26 PM

One that is not open.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 06:28 PM

Budweiser to me is the best overall tasting beer. But I can only drink 2 or I'll feel pretty rough the next day. Most people can't get over the 70's nostalgia of it. It actually taste just like Yuengling's Black and Tan.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by FamousAmos
This was served at the end of a bike ride. Awful.

[Linked Image]

That's a great beer on a hot day after mowing the lawn.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Originally Posted by 603Country

I will pass on almost all 'regular' beers nowadays. About as tame as I get would be a Shiner or Karbach brew. I've gotten to where I really like the dark stout flavored brews. We now enjoy fewer beers but much, much better quality like those at the micro breweries.

Guadalupe Brewing Co in New Braunfels is the best we found yet hands down and we have probably been to over 100 of them in 5 different states. Especially if you like the dark stouts.

Guadeloupe Brewing’s s’mores stout is one of the best stout I have ever had.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 06:52 PM

Bud Light. Taste is just alright, but there's some sayin about screen doors that makes me not touch it.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ZK-315
Bud Light. Taste is just alright, but there's some sayin about screen doors that makes me not touch it.

Keystone has almost the same taste...just a little less bitter. And for the budget minded Keystone is a tier 2 beer.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by el Rojo
Originally Posted by ZK-315

Keystone has almost the same taste...just a little less bitter. And for the budget minded Keystone is a tier 2 beer.

Ehh, Stones are a little sweeter to me but tend to do the same. Unfortunately, I have to stick with what works with my guts.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 07:42 PM

There are some really strong IPAs I'm not fond of.

I just can't for a second believe or take anyone serious when they say they hate bud light but love Miller light or any other domestic light beer. There just isn't that much difference between all of them. You might prefer one over the other but I can't see how you can hate one and love the other. How can you HATE Coors but LOVE Budweiser? Sorry just don't believe it, they aren't that much different.

I like beer, I have my preferences but the only ones I really don't like are the IPAs.

I don't drink much beer anymore but I like everything from stouts to light beers. There have been a few craft cream ales I really liked over the years. If I'm buying these days I would pick dos xx, shiner bock or shiner light blonde.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 08:32 PM

Erlanger. It was so bad they stopped brewing it years ago.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 09:30 PM

When I drank lite beer, I’d ask the bartender for “lite beer by anybody”. Didn’t much matter which one. A beer I do like is Peroni. My favorite stout is Murphy’s Irish Stout.

Dixie beer, which I drank a lot of when we lived in New Orleans, was awful but I still drank it. Left the taste of rust in your mouth and gave nasty hangovers. Still, that and a sack of bar oysters was a great weekend. Oxner used to live in NO for a time, didn’t he? I bet he drank some Dixie.

Somebody mentioned Schlitz as being bad, but can you even buy Schlitz now?
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 09:43 PM

I was at a sales meeting in OKC years ago. We drank every beer they had in the hotel bar. We got down to the Sam Adams, it was so bad we left and went to another bar.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
I was at a sales meeting in OKC years ago. We drank every beer they had in the hotel bar. We got down to the Sam Adams, it was so bad we left and went to another bar.

lol it sounds like whoever was selling y'all beer should've been leading the sales meeting....
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 10:26 PM

Dark beer, or Budweiser. Freaking rot gut
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:08 PM

Lone Star, Miller Lite, Old Milwaukee, regular Budweiser and IPAs.
Posted By: kry226

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Derek
Any IPA

Yup.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:18 PM

Any IPA
Posted By: whistler

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:38 PM

When I was station at Howard AFB in Panama city republic of Panama it was LOWENBRAU came in a silver can and was made in Panama. Took one drank and started looking for the mule that got to piss in the can.
Posted By: P_102

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:38 PM

Bud, Schiltz, PBR.
Posted By: rickym

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:39 PM

There’s quite a few now days.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/08/22 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by kry226
Any IPA

Yup.

Indeed. IPA’s are garbage. I only see wanna-be hipster pansies drinking those as well.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Davis300
Originally Posted by kry226
Any IPA

Yup.

Indeed. IPA’s are garbage. I only see wanna-be hipster pansies drinking those as well.

I drink them and I'm the least hip person I know. And I'll kick anyone that says otherwise azz. stir
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 12:34 AM

A buddy of mine calls it Buttwiper. I hate Keystone. My neighbor drinks it. When he offers me one I tell him to put it in the freezer until almost frozen. That is the only way I can drink it.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Stump_jumper

A buddy of mine calls it Buttwiper. I hate Keystone. My neighbor drinks it. When he offers me one I tell him to put it in the freezer until almost frozen. That is the only way I can drink it.

I had a little keg business in high school. $5 a cup until it ran out. Odessa kids like me were real bright building a bonfire next to a wellhead on Saturday nights. In my opinion Budweiser was the best keg beer at $60 a keg. Keystone was $45. Guess what we sold.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 01:07 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 01:08 AM

When I drank the only beer I really really liked was Shiner Bock, the rest were ehh.
Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 01:30 AM

Can’t drink Shiner, I think it’s the worst beer ever made. But I like shiner blonde.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by toddjohnson
Can’t drink Shiner, I think it’s the worst beer ever made. But I like shiner blonde.

Shiner Blonde is good too, better for you if you are watching carbs clap
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 01:40 AM

Stingray beer is worst. I’m don’t care for Shiner. Any beer I can’t see through.
Posted By: majekman

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 02:00 AM

Pearl or Schlitz
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 06:50 PM

I’m with Choctaw on this. 🍺
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 06:55 PM

Beer doesn't like me.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 09:09 PM

Schlitz and Carling Black Label
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 09:45 PM

any IPA , man bun beer barf
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 10:30 PM

I like beer. The worse I’ve drank was called “Brown Derby”. It was bad and while I was in college I drank a bunch of it. It was Safeway’s store brand. Back then it cost 92 cents a six pack. We used to buy one bud tall boy and a six pack of brown derby each. Had to drink the tall boy first… After drinking brown derby, pearl was fancy and made you feel like holding your pinky out while you drank it. [Linked Image]
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
I like beer. The worse I’ve drank was called “Brown Derby”. It was bad and while I was in college I drank a bunch of it. It was Safeway’s store brand. Back then it cost 92 cents a six pack. We used to buy one bud tall boy and a six pack of brown derby each. Had to drink the tall boy first… After drinking brown derby, pearl was fancy and made you feel like holding your pinky out while you drank it. [Linked Image]

flehan drank many back in the day. Horrible beer, but cheep.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/09/22 11:40 PM

Never met a beer that I will refuse to drink on a hot day when I am thirsty! Maybe I have not tried enough to find one. Yes, I have several favorite Lagers, Pilsners, Ales, Bocks and Stouts but it seems that a lot of folks here do not like IPAs. Variety is good!
Posted By: Stump_jumper

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tbar
[Linked Image]

That is one. In high school quarts of that crap were $.37. My buddies would drink it but not me.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tbar
[Linked Image]

That is one. In high school quarts of that crap were $.37. My buddies would drink it but not me.

My dad drank the beast until my parents divorced. He started going to bars and switched to Bud Light. I drink one every year on his birthday and the anniversary of his death.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 01:41 AM

Lots of stuff I drink regularly on the no go list.

For me not a fan of sour beers.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
Any beer period. Gave it up after college.

Back before I could legally drink, I was given a Texas Pride Beer. I took several swallows of it and poured it out and have never liked beer since then.
I have tried lots of different ones, but the bad taste from the one I listed above ruined it forever.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 02:29 AM

Corona, it stinks!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 02:40 AM

A hot beer.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by toddjohnson

COMMIE! roflmao

For me it’s Miller Lite
Posted By: presley

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 06:20 PM

I had some stuff in Taiwan called “Taiwan Beer”. It tasted like Taiwan.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 06:32 PM

I won’t drink any of them

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/10/22 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by presley
I had some stuff in Taiwan called “Taiwan Beer”. It tasted like Taiwan.

A good catchy name for a beer from there would be Taiwan On...
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/19/22 10:05 PM

Warm
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/19/22 10:40 PM

[Linked Image]

I think that their unofficial motto was “Wiedemann’s, the beer you can chew” roflmao
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/19/22 10:43 PM

Anyone remember Meister Brau? sick
Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/20/22 03:47 AM

I have tried a lot to like it, like a whole lot back in the day. It’s right there with Heineken. Can’t do it.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/20/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by pdr55
Corona, it stinks!

Skunk beer!
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/20/22 07:20 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/20/22 07:45 PM

Wont drink a draft or an open beer.

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/20/22 08:13 PM

NB gots a craft beer festival going on at Rockin R this weekend AND you have to put on a wrist band tied to your credit card to purchase anything. I wonder which "experience" I am going to like more?
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/20/22 08:19 PM

Whenever the in-laws come over my FIL brings a variety of beers to try. Around 20 years ago he brought a six pack of beer from India since neither of us had ever tried anything from there. Now, there are plenty of beers that I don't prefer, but this was hands down the ONLY one I could not drink. I have no idea what the brand was, but it was like how you'd imagine formaldehyde tasting. sick
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/21/22 01:30 PM

I will no longer drink any 'normal' beer.
I'd rather not even have one if it is a budlight, coors, miller, etc.

I don't drink as much as I used to so one or two really GOOD beers are much better to me than a dozen watered down nasty beers

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/21/22 03:32 PM

I’ve gotten to the same point on beer. I used to drink light beer, but no longer…
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: A beer you won’t drink - 04/21/22 03:34 PM

I really only appreciate lite beer right after when I'm done mowing the lawn, have one or two then move on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum