Texas Hunting Forum

The Masters

Posted By: Payne

The Masters - 04/04/22 01:45 AM

[Linked Image]

I think I'll go with Scottie Scheffler this year and Will Zalatoris as my dark horse. Kind of pissed I missed DCP this morning, replay at 9 on the golf channel.
Posted By: Greg

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 02:34 AM

I’ll be watching. Would like to see Rory finally complete his career grand slam. Also a fan of Jason Day
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 04:34 AM

I hope you are right. Will be rooting for Scottie. Will pick Rahm for the win and to get back in the groove. Sam Burns as longshot.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 10:16 AM

If I get to pick two I’ll take Morikawa and Hovland.
Posted By: Stub

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 10:49 AM

Do you think Tiger will play?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Stub

Hopefully not.

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85

More like a favorite and one with long odds but you do you
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Hopefully not.

I’m with you on this one
Posted By: Davis300

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit

Hopefully not.

I’m with you on this one

Add me to that list. The Tiger lovers will be along shortly to tug on his sack.

I’m pulling for Rahm myself.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 01:41 PM

Scottie has been n fire this year and it would be cool to see him get his first major.

Tiger has to be playing, in my opinion. He has been working towards this for a year, and he wouldn’t have arrived in Augusta last week if he wasn’t convinced he could win, not just play.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 01:48 PM

Tiger could vanish from the planet as far as I'm concerned. Many worship the ground he walks on, but he's nothing but a pathetic loser in life.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 02:07 PM

Jon Rahm, Scottie Scheffler and Tiger Woods.

Zero phucks given on what the Tiger haters think. Tiger has pretty much brought golf to where it is today! NO one is perfect, look in the mirror!
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Tiger could vanish from the planet as far as I'm concerned. Many worship the ground he walks on, but he's nothing but a pathetic loser in life.

^^^^^^
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 05:06 PM

I thought Yoda was dead?
Posted By: Derek

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 05:47 PM

Justin Thomas for the win and Max Homa as my dark horse.
Posted By: rickym

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 06:10 PM

sleep2

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 07:02 PM

I like to play golf but do not care to watch it anymore for its back to being pretty much boring. Tiger, Sergio and those young guns and some of the others made it fun to watch!
Enjoyed watching Ernie, Vijay, Mickelson, Furyk and Fred Couples even though they were not jumping up and down on the course.

Maybe I just do not watch enough of the players today, they seem to be kind of uppity and lacking the real rivalries and fire in the belly that appeared obvious in the previous generations.
Posted By: RayB

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 07:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fui7yvebIdk
Posted By: R83steve

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 09:59 PM

Jordan For the win. banana

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Payne

Then give me Morikawa and Woods. I’ll tug on that sack just to ruffle some feathers in here lol

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 11:30 PM

Then give me Morikawa and Woods. I’ll tug on that sack just to ruffle some feathers in here lol

Tread lightly...you might end up as someones signature line. LOL

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 11:42 PM

I want to see Faldo come out of the booth and win another one
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: The Masters - 04/04/22 11:53 PM

I will go with Tiger
Posted By: machinist

Re: The Masters - 04/05/22 04:01 PM

Spieth knows how to play this golf course if he can get his head on straight.

Re: The Masters - 04/05/22 04:05 PM

Is Tiger Woods playing?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wytex

Re: The Masters - 04/05/22 04:38 PM

He says he's playing as of now.

I bet most of us can say we've not done what he has to his family or himself, so I have no issues looking in the mirror.
I hope he plays all weekend and doesn't win, or make the cut.
It will be interesting, but coverage of the other golfers will be lacking unless he misses the cut.

He was the greatest player of his era, perhaps will we know now if his era is over or not.
"Player" could be construed many ways I guess and not all good ones.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: The Masters - 04/05/22 04:44 PM

This morning on sport talk, they had a guy covering his practice round yesterday on. Said he was limping after only playing 9 holes.
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: The Masters - 04/05/22 11:28 PM

I'll take Tony or Victor for the win

Re: The Masters - 04/05/22 11:39 PM

Par 3 contest tomorrow at 2pm on ESPN

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 12:05 AM

Par 3 contest tomorrow at 2pm on ESPN

Always one of my favorites to watch , love it when one gets skipped off the water

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 12:12 AM

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/player_list.html

Always fun to watch Bubba Watson play up

Better yet to enjoy Dustin Johnsons Fiancé Paulina Gretzky strolling around grin

[Linked Image]

I use to enjoy watching Freddy Couples play, he strutted around like a Banty Rooster.
Question is Popeye's Fried Chicken Freddy's sponsor now confused2

[Linked Image]

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 01:32 AM

You can google "biggest jerks in sports", biggest jerks on PGA tour", etc and Tiger's name is almost always near the top of the list.

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 02:11 AM

Seems like a waste of my life to google crap like that. I don't care what an athlete does in their off time, I just want to see what their best effort in the sport looks like. Y'all got a lot of hate in your hearts..
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 02:24 AM

Seems like a waste of my life to google crap like that. I don't care what an athlete does in their off time, I just want to see what their best effort in the sport looks like. Y'all got a lot of hate in your hearts..

Ditto.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
This morning on sport talk, they had a guy covering his practice round yesterday on. Said he was limping after only playing 9 holes.

He’s going to limp for the rest of his life.
Posted By: Lifted 09

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 06:59 PM

Could care less if Tiger plays.... the problem i have is if he announces he is playing, it take away from the other golfers in the field. Waiting to announce his return is irritating, and everyone hanging on his every word and thought. Nobody to look up to imo. Tiger could be tied for last and gets more tv time than the guys leading.... disgraceful. my .02
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:03 PM

You can google "biggest jerks in sports", biggest jerks on PGA tour", etc and Tiger's name is almost always near the top of the list.

That's your 3rd post in this thread about Tiger. It seems like you're obsessed with him. Why do you care so much? He's a golfer, not your brother or hunting buddy.

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:05 PM

Par 3 is on

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton

That's your 3rd post in this thread about Tiger. It seems like you're obsessed with him. Why do you care so much? He's a golfer, not your brother or hunting buddy.

Shooter McGavin being the biggest turd of them all!

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lifted 09
Could care less if Tiger plays.... the problem i have is if he announces he is playing, it take away from the other golfers in the field. Waiting to announce his return is irritating, and everyone hanging on his every word and thought. Nobody to look up to imo. Tiger could be tied for last and gets more tv time than the guys leading.... disgraceful. my .02

Valid post.

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:27 PM

Tiger reminds me of LeBron.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lifted 09

I don't play golf, never have, so I am not a golf fan and don't keep up with it. But once a long time ago I was binge watching some golf tournament that had Tiger playing in it. Some other guy won and the first reporter to ask the winner a question immediately after the win asked "What did you think of Tiger Wood's performance today?" or something like that. It was so long ago I don't remember what the guy that won replied, but might have been something like "um yea, he lost". What I do remember is the look of victory sinking from the winner's face as it was obvious all the sports press were only focused on and asking questions about Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:45 PM

They just blew the horn, been waiting on this for three years now.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:46 PM

Love me some tiger. Gd it you hate America if you hate tiger

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:49 PM

Rope a dope.....gd I love some tiger.

Ps......is daly playing or just signing
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:51 PM

I agreed with that sentiment til they started kneeling for our national anthem and using their pulpits to bad mouth patriots...I will certainly own up to some hate in my heart for the perps...

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:52 PM

aaaand they called it

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 07:56 PM

aaaand they called it

What's that mean......did tiger scare everyone off and he won.

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 08:37 PM

Rain was/is on the way

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 09:00 PM

Great tribute to Jack Nicklaus. How cool would that be to be one of his kids or Peepaws grandkids.
Posted By: P_102

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 09:58 PM

Just did. Tiger #16 in top 16 PGA players that are jerks IN REAL LIFE. Duh, would you be a jerk if the media refused to give you any privacy….ever!?

Top 10 jerks on tour, Tiger not listed. But Hogan #5.

Would love to see Tiger win and 3 more majors in the coming years….He’s the greatest ever but the argument will never be final until he has the most majors. As far as his personal life, I care about that as much as I care about actors political views.

If not Tiger, Justin Thomas then Rory, (also a jerk in real life).
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 10:34 PM

We need a Tiger/John Daly paring. It would be Happy Gilmore in real life.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 10:44 PM

Phil for the long shot!
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: The Masters - 04/06/22 10:47 PM

Where's Fuzzy Zoeller these days?

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by redhaze
Phil for the long shot!

Extremely long shot, in fact no shot whatsoever.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 01:21 PM

Just as a little side note, I once knew a guy who lived in Augusta who would rent out his home during the tournament every year through a local real estate agent. It would always be rented to a corporate client. He made enough off the rental that he and his wife could take a week-long vacation somewhere outside the US and have money left over.

My every thought of Augusta brings to mind Bobby Jones who was arguably the best amateur golfer to ever play the game. I'm sure it was his success as both an engineer and lawyer that he never saw to need to make money off playing the game.

No one will ever be able to swing a club as effortlessly as Bobby Jones.

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Just as a little side note, I once knew a guy who lived in Augusta who would rent out his home during the tournament every year through a local real estate agent. It would always be rented to a corporate client. He made enough off the rental that he and his wife could take a week-long vacation somewhere outside the US and have money left over.

My every thought of Augusta brings to mind Bobby Jones who was arguably the best amateur golfer to ever play the game. I'm sure it was his success as both an engineer and lawyer that he never saw to need to make money off playing the game.

No one will ever be able to swing a club as effortlessly as Bobby Jones.

Always enjoyed watching big Ernie Els swing the club, it was so fluid and effortless up
Posted By: Derek

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 07:51 PM

Payne we have the first 2022 Masters update

https://twitter.com/chrisvernonshow/status/1512147778599899136?s=21&t=ilK9tbJ126V6hKRtYUcqcg

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 09:15 PM

57 seconds
Posted By: 603Country

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 09:37 PM

I get sick of Tiger talk at the Masters. His career is limping like his leg, and I don’t want to hear about him. He needs to limp off into the sunset, or the closest water hazard.

Call it hate if you will, but it’s more like serious dislike and disgust.

Re: The Masters - 04/07/22 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I get sick of Tiger talk at the Masters. His career is limping like his leg, and I don’t want to hear about him. He needs to limp off into the sunset, or the closest water hazard.

It's sports.....there will always be a vocal minority that talks of their disgust, dislike, hate...whatever, about the greatest players in their respective sport. It's kind of comical when people aren't able to limit it to the sport the athlete plays. Always devolves into a diatribe about the athlete on a personal level.

What is pretty undeniable is that if you talk about the two greatest to ever play the game, as well as the two that did more for the sport of golf.....Woods is in both those clubs.

Oh, and he shot 1 under today at 46 years old, in the first competitive he has played in 14 months, at Augusta.....

It's a sport.....nothing more, or less.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 12:07 AM

GD........how can you not like Tiger.........

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 12:12 AM

It's going to be worse tomorrow when his round is on the entire espn broadcast.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 12:16 AM

How did Tiger do today?

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 12:17 AM

I wouldnt have watched without him............bet a grand on him to show just to stay interested

the masters and golf win with him init,

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 12:20 AM

He shot one under today.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
GD........how can you not like Tiger.........

I can and do. Saw him at his one and only Colonial appearance. Colonial turned the Tiger into a scared little pussycat!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 01:16 AM

My brother flew into Augusta this morning, he is there for all four days. That would be awesome to go at least once.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 01:29 AM

F tigger…Would not piss on him if he was on fire.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 01:35 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 02:00 AM

He shot one under today.

Not too shabby
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 02:02 AM

I aint mad at how tiger did today. Im got screwed by the cup at 17 from the bunker. That was a great shot
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 02:10 AM

It's going to be worse tomorrow when his round is on the entire espn broadcast.

His grouping was the featured trio today. Seemed they showed his every shot.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 02:15 AM

Only on the Master's app and Masters.com. His round tomorrow will be shown live on espn. They do it to rope the casual fans into watching more.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I aint mad at how tiger did today. Im got screwed by the cup at 17 from the bunker. That was a great shot

are you drunk?

like me?

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by 2Beez

are you drunk?

like me?

Naw, but close. Had too much going on but watched all I could from 11-9ish when I was in here.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
That would be awesome to go at least once.

Be sure to sign up for tickets on their website every year and cross your fingers. It’s a random draw they do and the tickets are not expensive at all when you do get drawn. We got picked 11 years ago and damn, that place is amazing!

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 03:52 AM

So here’s my funny Masters story… we’re there up against the ropes watching guys tee off on the practice round. I hear these guys talking who walked up behind us. One says… “man, granddad is getting heavy. I’m not going to keep carrying him this whole time… y’all gotta help out too”. Then another says… “man, you still have him? I thought you got rid of him on 13?” My curiosity was really getting the best of me, so I turn around and I’ll be danged if they didn’t have an urn with Ol Grandpaw’s ashes in it. I said is that your grandfathers ashes? They said it was his dying wish to be spread at Augusta and how he had already set the money aside for them to fly out and attend the tournament after he passed. When they left they were headed to #16 (the par 3 where they always skip the balls across the water on the practice rounds. Said he always liked to watch that and they were going to dump the rest of him there angel
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country

As was the case with Robert Downey Jr, I enjoy seeing a guy take hard licks, recognize his mistakes and then learn from them. I know I have.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 03:39 PM

Wishing I was there, but got the hookup on a new lid today:

[Linked Image]

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 11:46 PM

I give Tiger credit for today…bogeyed 4 out of first 5 holes, many golfers would fold, but he kept his head in it and battled back to stay in the hunt. Scottie Scheffler was on fire and is leading by 5 last I looked.

Re: The Masters - 04/08/22 11:53 PM

Where are all the Spieth lovers who have told me for years he’s coming back strong?

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 12:20 AM

roflmao You're a bitter man Davis. You disappeared after last year's Open. Show up today after he missed the cut. I think you might not like him or Tiger....

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 12:23 AM

Did y'all see Swafford's club head break off when he hit his shot on 13 today?

https://twitter.com/OutsideTheCut/status/1512518011462340616

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 12:31 AM

My son was playing in the TO tournament several years ago at the illustrious Henrietta Country Club. The ground was so hard, the head of his pitching wedge came off. We got it repaired at a shop in WF that evening. It was such bad conditions, you could pick up and move your ball to the closest piece of vegetation.

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 02:02 AM

roflmao You're a bitter man Davis. You disappeared after last year's Open. Show up today after he missed the cut. I think you might not like him or Tiger....

Ha! No bitterness here Sir! Different strokes for different folks I reckon. Jordan didn’t win the Open if I recall. 2nd perhaps. I just don’t think he is a contender at all these days. Should be a fun weekend either way.

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 02:17 AM

I'll bet you a thousand dollars he wins two majors by the conclusion of the 2027 Masters.

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 02:30 AM

popcorn

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 02:33 AM

I'll bet you a thousand dollars he wins two majors by the conclusion of the 2027 Masters.

Definitely game with that bet!!! 2 majors in the next 5 years? No way in Haiti’s he pulls off that feat.

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Davis300

Definitely game with that bet!!! 2 majors in the next 5 years? No way in Haiti’s he pulls off that feat.

Deal

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 03:22 AM

This….was..insane….only Bubba does this. If you didn’t see this, watch the video! A wedge from 171….in the trees, ball on a twig…..to two feet!

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 03:43 AM

Glad to see Tiger still in the hunt.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 08:40 PM

I’m one of those who is rooting for Jordan, but something else has his mind occupied full time now. He has the skills, just doesn’t appear to have his head into the winning focus again like he did a few years ago. 2cents

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 08:51 PM

This is the only golf tournament that I make an effort to watch.
Scheffler seems to have a pretty good grip on this one.

Re: The Masters - 04/09/22 09:12 PM

Watching a little of this since working outside since morning. Scheffler is a Texas boy...how could you not root for him?
Posted By: leswad

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 01:15 PM

Stafford - Super Bowl
Scheffler - Green Jacket

Would make a good year for HP.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by leswad
Stafford - Super Bowl
Scheffler - Green Jacket

Would make a good year for HP.

He’d join the big four at HP

Bobby Layne
Doak walker
Kershaw
Stafford

Pretty heady company.

(I guess you could put John Hinckley in there, but that’d be weird)
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 04:11 PM

I see that Stewart Cink shot a hole in one to move into a tie with alec baldwin...

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve
I’m one of those who is rooting for Jordan, but something else has his mind occupied full time now. He has the skills, just doesn’t appear to have his head into the winning focus again like he did a few years ago. 2cents

Yep, a nagging wife and a kid with a chit-filled diaper!
Posted By: Poppa

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by P_102
Originally Posted by R83steve

Yep, a nagging wife and a kid with a chit-filled diaper!

does/did it to the best of us. been with mine 36 years, gave up on my golf game along time ago. lol

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 06:25 PM

How is Tiger doing?

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 06:28 PM

Beautiful weather today

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
How is Tiger doing?

11 over

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 08:29 PM

How is Tiger doing?

11 over

That doesn’t sound good

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 08:31 PM

How is Tiger doing?

11 over

That doesn’t sound good

He's already finished. Never was in contention.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 08:32 PM

Cameron Smith is what I’d picture if he was from Reklaw, Texas and not Australia.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 08:35 PM

Cameron Smith is what I’d picture if he was from Reklaw, Texas and not Australia.

Indeed, or my hometown of craphole Midland TX. Mullet, pornstache and looking like he just pounded a case of 'Stones. Heck of a golfer though.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Davis300

Indeed, or my hometown of craphole Midland TX. Mullet, pornstache and looking like he just pounded a case of 'Stones. Heck of a golfer though.

Naw, his tan doesn’t have enough sunburn mixed in it to be from miTlan(as all my buddies from garden city call it)

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 08:55 PM

How is Tiger doing?

11 over

eeks333

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 09:54 PM

McIlroy and Morikawa pretty impressive way to end y'alls tournament

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 10:12 PM

Dang
I just sat back down to watch. It looks like Smith crashed. And he started the day like he was going to take over.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 10:14 PM

That was cool

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 10:19 PM

That was cool

Yea, that was something. Probably too late though.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 10:21 PM

Hard to believe Sheffler is only 25. Looks more like 35. But he's a cool cucumber.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 11:03 PM

So Mikelson didn’t even show up to play. What’s the story behind that?

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 11:03 PM

Nerves got to him at the end. Good thing for that cushion. $2.7 mil and a pretty wife. Life is good!

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

That was cool

Yea, that was something. Probably too late though.

Agree that was awesome to watch.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 11:05 PM

So Mikelson didn’t even show up to play. What’s the story behind that?

He was promoting a league backed by Saudi money and trashed the PGA in the process. It was pretty dumb on his part.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 11:05 PM

That was cool

Agree and congrats to Scheffler.

Re: The Masters - 04/10/22 11:21 PM

Great tournament and win for Scottie!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum