Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/18/22 11:43 PM

Deshaun Watson trade: Quarterback headed to Cleveland Browns with record deal

https://fox4news.com/sports/deshaun...land-browns-with-record-deal-reports-say
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/18/22 11:48 PM

Indy
Posted By: Guy

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/18/22 11:53 PM

Wow, I would rather have Baker, but what do I know..
Posted By: RayB

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/18/22 11:58 PM

As far as who the Texans get it will probably Oscar D Snodgrass the 3rd. Who you ask? My point exactly mad
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 01:15 AM

Cleveland is who drafted Manziel right?
Those folks ain’t too good at judging character, just saying…
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 01:18 AM

Indy or NO
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 01:21 AM

Stupid money being thrown around. The NFL must have had a good year while the average Joe lunchbox barely got by.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 01:37 AM

Perfect place for Watson.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 02:35 AM

Head case Baker sucks…all that talent around him & he’s mediocre at best. I’m sure some scrub team throws him a few mill.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Davis300
Head case Baker sucks…all that talent around him & he’s mediocre at best. I’m sure some scrub team throws him a few mill.

Baker had 4 different head coaches the first 4 years of being with the Browns. He led the Browns to the playoffs for the first time in 26 years. He also played through a major shoulder injury last season. Id say he did above average considering his challenges.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 10:49 AM

Generally Baker fans are fans because they're Sooner fans.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

Baker had 4 different head coaches the first 4 years of being with the Browns. He led the Browns to the playoffs for the first time in 26 years. He also played through a major shoulder injury last season. Id say he did above average considering his challenges.

^^^^^ this. Baker is a strong leader and brought excitement to a crap team. I don't know any details about any bad blood between him and ownership but I think the Browns just locked themselves into a bottom feeder team the next 10 years by overpaying a problem child QB.

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 02:48 PM

I do like his commercials though!
Posted By: Espy

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

He is still a head case. Was a punk in college and never grew up.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 02:56 PM

Like Dallas did with Dak?

I like Mayfield. I think he is a competitor.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 03:45 PM

Cowboys had their offense stacked for Dak. Dak will never bring a championship to Dallas.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Generally Baker fans are fans because they're Sooner fans.

I hate the Sooners more then probably any other team, maybe OSU, but I like Baker. He is a winner and a talented athlete. His commercials make me laugh too.
Posted By: glens

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Cowboys had their offense stacked for Dak. Dak will never bring a championship to Dallas.

Yeah Sak Ducks.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by glens

Yeah Sak Ducks.

Agree, as bad as Baker is, he would be an upgrade from Dakota. Anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional and nothing but a Cowboys homer. #1995
Posted By: majekman

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 08:58 PM

I like Dak....for the simple reason he bent Jerrah over and hosed him for 160mil....epic fail for a so called GM

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/19/22 10:02 PM

Dak was good in college and his first few years because of his ability to run the ball. After his terrible injury, those days are long gone. He’s hesitant, I don’t blame him either.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 02:25 PM

Whether you despise the Cowboys or not, it's laughable that some of you guys think Mayfield is a better QB than Dak. Just look at Baker's stats- he couldn't even do anything once he got OBJ. His QBR is near the very bottom of all QBs. I haven't seen any reports of teams bending over backwards trying to give up assets to acquire Mayfield. And that was the very reason Jerry had to overpay Dak because it was very clear that there was strong demand for him if he were to ever hit free agency. And stats aside, Baker is an absolute baby. Dak is a well respected leader.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 02:49 PM

No matter what a supposedly talented football player does, there is always a team wanting to win bad enough that they will sign a questionable or worse player. Texans were lucky to get rid of Watson. Good riddance.

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 03:32 PM

To be honest. Baker has the same amount of playoff wins as Dak.
Dak had far better talent to work with. From the line to receivers. Baker had OBJ, which isn’t really wasn’t a positive
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 03:35 PM

Chiefs should sign him to back up Mahomes...lol roflmao
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 03:51 PM

So far the buzz has been the Colts & Seahawks.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 04:01 PM

if there's a buzz going on that would seem to suggest the Hornets will take him...
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 04:45 PM

Watson has not been convicted or indicted so there is a possibility he is innocent. The character guys at Houston all wanted out and left right before the Watson civil suits blew up. Another cloud hanging over Watson’s head is demanding to be traded because he was not consulted before the Texans hired a new head coach after they fired Obrien. I personally would like to see the Texans throw their name in the hat for Mayfield.
I’m an Oklahoma State fan so the Sooners are public enemy #1 but Baker Mayfield is a competitor.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 04:56 PM

I’m not a Baker fan but I bet he does better wherever he goes after leaving the crappy team he’s been on.

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 07:17 PM

Dak had far better talent to work with. From the line to receivers. Baker had OBJ, which isn’t really wasn’t a positive

It's pretty telling that the team Baker said he wanted to be traded to, the Colts, had no interest in trading for him and instead traded a 3rd round pick for an aging QB well past his prime in Matt Ryan. The Browns said they were looking for an "adult" to replace Baker. That doesn't exactly help his trade value.

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

It's pretty telling that the team Baker said he wanted to be traded to, the Colts, had no interest in trading for him and instead traded a 3rd round pick for an aging QB well past his prime in Matt Ryan. The Browns said they were looking for an "adult" to replace Baker. That doesn't exactly help his trade value.

They got an adult with 22 pending sex harassment complaints. 😂 Time has proven, the Browns are the problem.

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/21/22 10:17 PM

I wouldn't mind having him in Washington. Isn't gonna happen.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/22/22 11:46 AM

I honestly don't see Baker starting next season.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/22/22 03:01 PM

Who is baker Mayfield?

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/22/22 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by stinkbelly
Who is baker Mayfield?

Google is your friend.

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/22/22 05:53 PM

I think some of these QBs have been humbled. Kyler thought he would throw out some opinions. That backfired. Now Baker threw out some opinions and he’s without a job. His opportunities are diminishing.

Draft is in a month. The financial move is, do you pay Baker his second contract. Or lock up a draft QB on a 4 year rookie deal. Pickett looks pretty good, corral, Willis, Ridder.

I would draft Pickett before I signed Baker.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/22/22 06:01 PM

He seems to be making do with the income from commercials. Doing more of what he is really good at.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Where’s Baker Mayfield gonna go. ? - 03/22/22 06:36 PM

I think some of these QBs have been humbled. Kyler thought he would throw out some opinions. That backfired. Now Baker threw out some opinions and he’s without a job. His opportunities are diminishing.

Draft is in a month. The financial move is, do you pay Baker his second contract. Or lock up a draft QB on a 4 year rookie deal. Pickett looks pretty good, corral, Willis, Ridder.

I would draft Pickett before I signed Baker.

I think that would be a mistake. I can't see any of the QWB's in this years draft ever being a starter except in case of injuries. a bunch of Colt McCoys.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum