Texas Hunting Forum

THF needs to end this Ukraine madness...

Posted By: Guy

THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/12/22 11:20 PM

I think the only way this conflict gets resolved is if the THF steps in and ends this madness. We need to send a THF representative to talk to Putin and resolve this matter. We should take a vote who we should send. I'll get this start...

I got to vote JP, I mean he is this king around here, right? There is also the THF Resolutions Department, maybe they can take this on?
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/12/22 11:39 PM

I couldn’t give a chit less about the Ukrainian BS as long as our borders are wide the F open. Neither should any American. Stop being played by the media and the government
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/12/22 11:40 PM

JP can threaten him with a seven day ban and placement on the WOS.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/12/22 11:47 PM

popcorn
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/12/22 11:47 PM

Colt45....the one that can't type or spell and beats me down with emojis (not the good Colt45)

He'd wear anybody out
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 12:36 AM

Bring back Max Flav.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
I couldn’t give a chit less about the Ukrainian BS as long as our borders are wide the F open. Neither should any American. Stop being played by the media and the government

Word! Makes me sick we’re sending billions and billions of dollars to Ukraine for security and for their borders, yet leave our own border wide open. Can’t remember the exact cost to finish the wall something like 6 billion or something, but oh no we can’t do that. That’s racist.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 12:48 AM

The hunters in Texas would make a pretty awesome militia. We got a lot of very skilled shooters here.

aim

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Word! Makes me sick we’re sending billions and billions of dollars to Ukraine for security and for their borders, yet leave our own border wide open. Can’t remember the exact cost to finish the wall something like 6 billion or something, but oh no we can’t do that. That’s racist.

Maybe you guys missed it, but my post was satire. Never mind, it is a failed Saturday night post I guess, mods you can move her to the bunker...
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Maybe you guys missed it, but my post was satire. Never mind, it is failed Saturday night post I guess, mods you can move her to the bunker...

Lol I got it was satire, I was just agreeing with Thunder from Down Under.

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Maybe you guys missed it, but my post was satire. Never mind, it is a failed Saturday night post I guess, mods you can move her to the bunker...

No need to move it dude. I give my opinion on chit weather it’s wanted or not. Sorry roflmao
Posted By: Flatcreek

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Homer Jay
JP can threaten him with a seven day ban and placement on the WOS.

This would probably do more than whats being done!
Posted By: Payne

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 01:50 AM

look at the bright side guy, no more covid bs

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Payne
look at the bright side guy, no more covid bs

There’s definitely not a limit on the chit we can bitch about.
Posted By: Payne

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 01:59 AM

oh I know, been around here for a bit
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 03:11 AM

I wonder just how many other old pharts on here, that are pretty good shooters, would not have a problem going prone, but it would take about 10 minutes getting back up to get to the next spot of cover. I think I'll sit this one out, but I'd be cheering for ya.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 04:31 AM

Ukranians have killed 3 Russian Generals in the last 2 weeks, they are slowly working up the chain of comand.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 07:08 AM

chit wont end till someone in Russia kill putin

or

everyone mashes their "red button"
Posted By: Stub

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Bring back Max Flav.

roflmao
Posted By: don k

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
chit wont end till someone in Russia kill putin

or

everyone mashes their "red button"

I believe you are right about that.
Posted By: glens

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 02:49 PM

Word! Makes me sick we’re sending billions and billions of dollars to Ukraine for security and for their borders, yet leave our own border wide open. Can’t remember the exact cost to finish the wall something like 6 billion or something, but oh no we can’t do that. That’s racist. And FJB.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
I wonder just how many other old pharts on here, that are pretty good shooters, would not have a problem going prone, but it would take about 10 minutes getting back up to get to the next spot of cover. I think I'll sit this one out, but I'd be cheering for ya.

This problem is real. I offer prone or bench to guys that come see me. The older the person, the less likelihood they will pick prone.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 03:06 PM

The solution is a simple one. Give the Ukrainians whatever weapons they need to fight the Russians. It's what the Russians and Chinese did to run us out of Vietnam and there was never a threat of nuclear war.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/13/22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Ukranians have killed 3 Russian Generals in the last 2 weeks, they are slowly working up the chain of comand.

sure looks that way.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 01:46 AM

It absolutely sucks that so many people are caught up in this struggle between two corrupt governments. If it weren't for the citizens going thru this, I wouldn't care at all.

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 02:49 AM

The ante for Shorty and his Russian empiire just went up a few trillion. It is in the news, Russia has asked China for military and economic assistance.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 02:52 AM

The ante for Shorty and his Russian empiire just went up a few trillion. It is in the news, Russia has asked China for military and economic assistance.

Good thing we have strong leaders at this moment...
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 02:54 AM

Hopefully china will treat it like I have 6 apples and you ask me for one so how many will I have left? 6
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by deerfeeder

This problem is real. I offer prone or bench to guys that come see me. The older the person, the less likelihood they will pick prone.

amen to this
Posted By: Greg

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3

sure looks that way.

To me it seems odd the generals are getting taken out. But then I second guess just about everything.

Are generals normally involved in combat?

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Greg

sure looks that way.

To me it seems odd the generals are getting taken out. But then I second guess just about everything.

No, but they are a prime target where ever they are. If the truth be known, I would guess it was an inside job by some disgruntled Russian troops. Easier to say the kill was by a Ukrainian, than say a General was "fragged" by his own men.
Posted By: Greg

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Greg

sure looks that way.

No, but they are a prime target where ever they are. If the truth be known, I would guess it was an inside job by some disgruntled Russian troops. Easier to say the kill was by a Ukrainian, than say a General was "fragged" by his own men.

I was thinking it might be an inside job as well. I like your thought about disgruntled troops. I was actually thinking it might have come from Putin when his generals aren’t following orders or if he doesn’t trust them. Imagine it would send a pretty strong message to the other generals either way.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 12:12 PM

Let's hope, there's a general willing to return the gesture... slinger
Posted By: J.G.

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by psycho0819
It absolutely sucks that so many people are caught up in this struggle between two corrupt governments. If it weren't for the citizens going thru this, I wouldn't care at all.

My thoughts as well.

To quote a movie from over 20 years ago.
"Wouldn't it be nice if wars could be settled by the two sumbitches that started them?"

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 02:44 PM

Zelensky is an actor and comedian turned World Leader.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by psycho0819

My thoughts as well.

To quote a movie from over 20 years ago.
"Wouldn't it be nice if wars could be settled by the two sumbitches that started them?"

Amen!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 03:00 PM

Only purebred lawyer, 1%ers should lead nations. Everyone knows that. Foolish voters!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 03:31 PM

The rest of the world is tightening the screws. No more Apple, Starbucks, etc.
Posted By: soooo

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 04:23 PM

https://michaelyon.locals.com/upost/1844246/prescient-very-prescient-worth-watching
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 06:03 PM

That was very interesting. I hope he is correct.

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Big Fitz

That was very interesting. I hope he is correct.

Cliff notes?

Re: THF needs to end this Ukraine madness... - 03/14/22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

Only purebred lawyer, 1%ers should lead nations. Everyone knows that. Foolish voters!

March 14, 2022

Author Headshot
By David Leonhardt

Good morning. We look at how Volodymyr Zelensky became an unlikely global hero.

Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine’s president.Lynsey Addario for The New York Times
A comedian who listens
National heroes sometimes have humble political origins.

Abraham Lincoln was arguably the country’s least-qualified president — a former one-term member of Congress — at the time that he took office. Winston Churchill looked like a washed-up politician when Germany invaded Poland in 1939. And Volodymyr Zelensky did not seem like an international symbol of courage when Russia began threatening to invade Ukraine in recent months.

In today’s newsletter, I want to give you a brief profile of Zelensky, one that goes beyond the one or two sentences many people have heard about him in recent weeks. I’ll also link to some of the best profiles of him and podcasts about him, for anybody who wants more.

Below, you’ll also find the latest news from the war.

Benny Hill humor
By now, the basics of Zelensky’s background are well known: Before becoming Ukraine’s president, he had been a comedic actor whose best-known role was as a teacher who rose to Ukraine’s presidency thanks to a viral video.

That show, “Servant of the People,” was a cross between “The West Wing” and Monty Python. Zelensky himself has credited Benny Hill, the crude British comedian, as an influence. (You can watch a short excerpt from the show, with English voice overs.)

“As a film actor and sitcom star, Zelensky thrived in the role of the Everyman, often playing the average guy who wins over the beautiful woman seemingly beyond his reach,” Franklin Foer has written in The Atlantic.

Zelensky grew up in a fading and polluted industrial city, the son of an engineer and computer-science professor. He is Jewish, in a country with a brutal history of antisemitism, and his first language was Russian, as is the case for many Ukrainians.

He ran for president in 2019, with a charmingly populist campaign that evoked his character on “Servant of the People.” It helped that the billionaire owner of the network that broadcast the show promoted Zelensky’s candidacy, including with a documentary that aired on the eve of the election, comparing him to Ronald Reagan.

Elsewhere in Europe, many officials initially viewed Zelensky as unserious, as The New Yorker’s Joshua Yaffa has reported. “The impression was terrible,” one European diplomat said, referring to one early meeting.

The impression today is very different, of course. Since Russia invaded Ukraine, Zelensky has become a Churchillian figure, the personal embodiment of his country’s refusal to yield to a murderous authoritarian.

Zelensky, second from left, near the Belarusian border last month.Lynsey Addario for The New York Times
Seeing through Putin
That image does have a lot in common with the optimistic and patriotic vision of Ukraine that Zelensky has presented since he began running for office.

His two central campaign promises were to crack down on corruption and to end the military conflict with Russia in the country’s eastern provinces. After taking office, he stripped members of Parliament of their legal immunity. He shrunk his own motorcade to two cars, without sirens. He told government officials to remove presidential portraits from their offices and replace them with pictures of their children, to remind them of the stakes of their work.

He also earnestly took to the job of president, acknowledging how little he knew. “He’s a very intent listener,” John Herbst, a former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, told Foer.

One early question that many Ukrainians had was what approach Zelensky would take to Russia. Some even worried that he might be too accommodating to Vladimir Putin, Anton Troianovski, The Times’s Moscow bureau chief, has noted. Zelensky not only grew up speaking Russian, but had become a star in Russia, thanks to his television shows.

“Zelensky came in as a candidate who promised to make a deal with Russia to end the war,” Anton said. Over time, though, Zelensky came to believe that Putin was not negotiating in good faith and wanted to dominate Ukraine. That belief pushed Zelensky closer to the West, angering Putin.

“In retrospect, now that we see what Putin really wants, total control over Ukraine, it is hard to see what Zelensky could’ve done,” Anton said.

Personal bravery
Since Russia invaded, Zelensky has remained in Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital, rallying the country through videotaped speeches. (Yesterday, Zelensky’s government posted photos of him visiting wounded soldiers at a hospital and awarding them medals.) He has done so even though Russian troops and spies are likely trying to kill him.

Anne Applebaum, a journalist and Ukraine expert, recently said on NPR that she thought Zelensky might never flee the country. “He’s an actor, and he understands that he has a role to play, and he will play the role,” Applebaum said. He knows that he represents his country, she added, and even if he wishes he had never run for president, he understands that he now symbolizes something larger than himself.

“Once you enter the role, you play it to the end,” she said. “You have a larger responsibility to the citizens and to your country’s image in the world.”
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum