Texas Hunting Forum

PM me any insurance questions

Posted By: tlk

PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:24 AM

I have been in the insurance business for 42 years as a totally independent agent. Life is good and I am working part time now. Over the years I have shared my experience on many threads here that asked insurance questions.

If any of you have questions or want advice on insurance I will gladly do my best to help you out. I will NOT sell or try to sell anyone on this forum anything. I just have been blessed to have had a great business with a ton of great friends and clients and this is my way of paying it back.

I do not do property and casualty (auto, home owners,etc.)

What I DO know inside and out is: life insurance, group medical insurance, Medicare supplements, long term care insurance, disability insurance and investments.

So feel free to PM me any questions (remember there are no stupid questions) and I will do my best to give you a second opinion
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:32 AM

how much life insurance can i get with no physical at age 57?

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:39 AM

not much - the TV ads that say they will sell you life insurance with no physical - problem is that the death benefits are reduced the first two years if a death occurs - reduced to basically giving the premiums that were paid back to your beneficiary

there are a few other guaranteed issued policies available but they are super expensive and again if you die with in the first two years the benefit is not much - the amount of death benefit they will issue is usually very limited without a physical

There are companies that offer no physical policies but believe me you will have to still answer a ton of health questions on the application - and if you fib about your health they have a two year contestability clause that allows them to deny paying the claim if they find you had pre existing conditions that you did not disclose

Never forget that life insurance companies do this for a living and they will not take on a high risk without covering themselves
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:40 AM

Zero unless it's a graded life policy that you dont want.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:46 AM

I was turned down for a new life ins policy for having Cancer 11 years ago even though I've been cancer free for 10 years. Pizzed me off after getting my blood drawn and the million-question application.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
I was turned down for a new life ins policy for having Cancer 11 years ago even though I've been cancer free for 10 years. Pizzed me off after getting my blood drawn and the million-question application.

depends on what type of cancer - in most cases cancer that is clear for ten years you would be offered coverage but it would most likely be rated a higher premium - sorry that happened - I know it is frustrating

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

depends on what type of cancer - in most cases cancer that is clear for ten years you would be offered coverage but it would most likely be rated a higher premium - sorry that happened - I know it is frustrating

Yea, I was upfront about the cancer but was told they could still beat my current policy. All they did was waste my time and now they have tons of personal and family info that's probably already been sold.
F em!

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:25 AM

well whoever told you that up front was in the wrong - no agent anywhere knows ahead of time what an underwriter will do - and for what it is worth the insurance companies cannot and do not sell your private information - they all have privacy rules they must abide by

and if you already have a policy in force then just keep it

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
well whoever told you that up front was in the wrong - no agent anywhere knows ahead of time what an underwriter will do - and for what it is worth the insurance companies cannot and do not sell your private information - they all have privacy rules they must abide by

and if you already have a policy in force then just keep it

Thanks for the info. Happened a couple of months ago but this thread struck a chord! Ha!
Posted By: Guy

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:32 AM

Good thread, I'm taking notes...
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:48 AM

I have a whole life policy I bought 30 years ago. My wife is a rider as term. Her rates have kept going up. I'm the sole income earner. What's my plan?

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
I have a whole life policy I bought 30 years ago. My wife is a rider as term. Her rates have kept going up. I'm the sole income earner. What's my plan?

first question is do both of you still need the life insurance? In some cases as you get older and kids are gone etc. the need may go away.

If you do still need the coverage is she healthy? You can drop the rider on her and just buy her a new term policy that has a level premium for 10 or 20 years

Also on your whole life policy does it pay dividends? Many times on a policy that old the annual dividends can pay your annual premiums for you
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:48 PM

Spam.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Spam.

Really Bill? I have been on this forum for years - geez
Posted By: TPACK

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
Spam.

Don`t worry about Oxy, he`s just trying to up his post count or he thought he was posting about his favorite meat substitute. duel
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

first question is do both of you still need the life insurance? In some cases as you get older and kids are gone etc. the need may go away.

If you do still need the coverage is she healthy? You can drop the rider on her and just buy her a new term policy that has a level premium for 10 or 20 years

Also on your whole life policy does it pay dividends? Many times on a policy that old the annual dividends can pay your annual premiums for you

I'm 59, she's 53. We have a disabled son who will need care after we're gone. The dividends get rolled into the value of the policy.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

I'm 59, she's 53. We have a disabled son who will need care after we're gone. The dividends get rolled into the value of the policy.

On your policy I was just letting you know that you have the option of letting your dividends pay your premium. Ask the company for an in force illustration and it will show you the numbers

On your wife if she is healthy I would get a quote on her own term policy - once she is approved and it is in force then just cancel the term rider on her that is on your policy

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 03:06 PM

You never see Varmint Master on OT even when we have Auto Insurance threads.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 03:12 PM

loco

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 03:32 PM

Suggest you just leave varmint outta this. Difference being varmint trying to sell something while tlk coming out of the goodness of his heart.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Posted By: Gary Olson

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 04:03 PM

The Orange Tractor Company requires the full theft/damage/towing/ID10T insurance package to finance a tractor. Supposedly the company insurance is equivalent to a commercial marine insurance package. Is it better to use the Orange Tractor Company insurance or get an additional coverage from the Big Commercial Company I have used for decades.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 04:07 PM

I believe Kubota's preferred policy includes coverage for rising water (ie: flood) which most others do not. Even so, we insure a lot of tractors. Most all inland marine and farm equipment policies will cover fire, theft, collision, upset & overturn. Most will respond with an actual cash value response will some (very few) will actually provide replacement cost coverage up to the value stated on the policy.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 05:15 PM

How long does it take to get your your refund if you sell your house two months before the expiration date? confused2

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 05:17 PM

Should be within two weeks of signing your cancel request. Oftentimes quicker.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Will you forward it to the new address if the information on the zip code was in error?

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/05/22 05:34 PM

Methinks the martini may have come a wee bit too early

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by tlk
Spam.

Bill thanks for your apology - troll chicken

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 12:02 AM

Methinks the martini may have come a wee bit too early

TRUTH ! At least wait until it is 5 O'Clock!

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 12:37 AM

We can do this without calling names. Are you an independent agent who looks for the best place or work for a company?

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 12:41 AM

There are a lot of good captive agents out there. Unfortunately, much of their information and education is provided by a single, directed source.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 12:59 AM

We can do this without calling names. Are you an independent agent who looks for the best place or work for a company?

Bill - I have been a totally Independent agent for 42 years -

maybe you should have asked me that first?

Anyway whether you believe it or not my only intentions are to offer some free advice to folks - trust me I do not need to sell another policy to anyone - This was just a simple offer to try to help some of the folks on this forum - good night
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 06:06 AM

tlk, thanks for this thread.

I'm on Medicare with a BCBS supplement. This year, I think because of a couple knee replacements, some other medical issues, my drug plan seems sky high. RE Olmesartan 40/25 is $300 for three months. I used GoodRx this time and got it for like $60.00.

Is this what its coming to with several new companies selling the drugs for far less re: Scripto and Mark Cubans new company. I take 6 prescription meds. Clonazepam and Escitalopram are expensive too. Thier "Tier" system is the way my drugs are priced. I believe Its Aetna through CVS Caremark. VERY confusing.

thoughts?

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

I'm on Medicare with a BCBS supplement. This year, I think because of a couple knee replacements, some other medical issues, my drug plan seems sky high. RE Olmesartan 40/25 is $300 for three months. I used GoodRx this time and got it for like $60.00.

Is this what its coming to with several new companies selling the drugs for far less re: Scripto and Mark Cubans new company. I take 6 prescription meds. Clonazepam and Escitalopram are expensive too. Thier "Tier" system is the way my drugs are priced. I believe Its Aetna through CVS Caremark. VERY confusing.

thoughts?

Drugs are becoming an issue for sure. There are some efforts by the government to force the drug companies to lower prices.

One option for you may be to use a site like www.AON.com which is a Retiree Health Exchange where you can select a supplement plan (F and G are the most comprehensive plans) and also select the drug plan that fits you best. I use it myself for my wife and me to select which plan and company fits us the best.

The site lets you plug in all of your prescriptions and then comes back with the plans that are the best options for copays and premiums for you specifically. It does the same on your supplement plan - they have licensed agents who you can speak with on the phone to answer questions and help find the best plans for you.

You will need to wait until the enrollment period comes later in the year. And FYI they also have dental, vision, and hearing plans to select from if someone wanted those coverages.

Hope this helps
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 02:10 PM

Spam.

How long does it take to get your your refund if you sell your house two months before the expiration date? confused2

Will you forward it to the new address if the information on the zip code was in error?

If anyone is still defending Bill’s worthless posts, take a close look at this garbage.

The OP is a very well-respected member that is offering his valuable knowledge for nothing in return. All Bill the troll can do is mock him. Soon, he’ll play the victim. That’s what he does. He pushes buttons until someone snaps, then acts like an innocent old man. He’s nothing but a troll.

It’s a shame that useful threads like this have to be interrupted by such nonsense. Hopefully we can move past this and continue with the original subject.

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 02:13 PM

Finally!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 02:16 PM

Oh, look, there’s the victim card. Didn’t see that coming.

The fact that TLK felt the need to say what he did says a lot more about Bill than it does TLK. There’s nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

thoughts?

Drugs are becoming an issue for sure. There are some efforts by the government to force the drug companies to lower prices.

One option for you may be to use a site like www.AON.com which is a Retiree Health Exchange where you can select a supplement plan (F and G are the most comprehensive plans) and also select the drug plan that fits you best. I use it myself for my wife and me to select which plan and company fits us the best.

The site lets you plug in all of your prescriptions and then comes back with the plans that are the best options for copays and premiums for you specifically. It does the same on your supplement plan - they have licensed agents who you can speak with on the phone to answer questions and help find the best plans for you.

You will need to wait until the enrollment period comes later in the year. And FYI they also have dental, vision, and hearing plans to select from if someone wanted those coverages.

Hope this helps

Thanks TLK, I'll check them out

Re: PM me any insurance questions - 03/06/22 09:27 PM

I am still getting PM's with insurance questions so feel free to keep them coming if I can help. TLK
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum